High end motherboards don't have ps2

>High end motherboards don't have ps2
Isn't removing functionality dumb? I'm thinking of compatibility with obscure OS or simply older (7 and older) Windows. Sometimes, win7 doesn't detect usb3 no matter what drivers I use. So I can imagine older stuff and some unix-based systems (including android or hackintosh or even hacky chrome book os) would be 100% unbootable.

Attached: 1559411351103.png (1024x862, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsx2.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ps/2
It's time to grow up and have sex, sweaty

High end keyboards and mice don't use ps2 either. What are you gonna cry about next, your missing serial port?

Just download the emulator.
pcsx2.net/

Damn, tigers are huge.

How would the OS not having a USB3 driver make it "100% unbootable"?

why would you want to use old OS outside VMs?

underrated post

Just buy a USB keyboard/mouse like everyone else you literal autist. Enjoy your sage, faggot.

PS/2 supports NKRO

motherboards ended on x58 everything past it is just shit, you're not missing out

It's time to fix your PC after your USB 3 driver shit the bed. What do you do? Do you curse and reinstall the OS from scratch? Or do you simply dig out a crappy old PS/2 keyboard and plug it in to let you fix things?

It boots fine but you have no input devices and no way to attach one. Enjoy.

Because Windows 10 is a dumpster fire.

There are PCI-e serial port cards for those that need real UARTs rather than USB adapters.

>tfw on X58 with a 6 core Xeon
Ryzen level of multi threading for 15$. Good luck finding a motherboard if you dont have one though, practically impossible

PS/2 is a serial port and is better than USB fuckface

>It boots fine but you have no input devices
Okay, that's very different from "100% unbootable"

>Because Windows 10 is a dumpster fire.
That's why I run it in a VM on a Linux host, just like I would any other shitty OS.

>USB 3 driver shit the bed
On what planet does this happen

>Okay, that's very different from "100% unbootable"
It's still 100% unusable. Being able to boot and OS and watch the login screen until it times out and goes to sleep isn't what most people are after.
>That's why I run it in a VM on a Linux host, just like I would any other shitty OS.
You either get shitty virtual GPU performance, or you've built a PC with a second GPU and a CPU that has VT-d, and fiddled with it a fair deal to make KVM do what you want. I did this and it's great, but still it's not something I'd recommend to anyone not extremely comfortably with Linux.

Any planet where malware exists.

>What are you gonna cry about next, your missing serial port?
Actually headers for those are still common. My Asus X470 board has one. If you have a headless server or the like they come in handy, you can log in and fix things even if SSH or the network has a fucksy-wucksie.

>It's still 100% unusable
That's absolute nonsense. My VR rig has no keyboard, mouse, or monitor attached to it. It's a Linux box that I ssh into and start a Windows VM on, with qemu serving a virtualized monitor/keyboard/mouse over VNC that I just attach to from my laptop if I need to (I usually don't need to). It's perfectly usable.
>You either get shitty virtual GPU performance
GPU passthrough gets you basically native performance.
>or you've built a PC with a second GPU
Mine only has one GPU and I pass it through to the guest. Host doesn't need one.
>and a CPU that has VT-d
Fucking every CPU these days does virtualization.
>and fiddled with it a fair deal to make KVM do what you want
Or, you know, just run a script and fill in a few values.

>still it's not something I'd recommend to anyone not extremely comfortably with Linux.
Nobody was talking about that? This has gone from "not having a PS/2 or USB2 port makes some OSs unbootable" to "Not having them makes them totally unusable" to "Well I wouldn't recommend it unless you know how to use it"

>It's time to grow up and have sex, sweaty
What sort of an anime or normie netflix series tier meme is that? I keep seeing that a lot.

You are too stupid to use the internet if you get malware.

>That's absolute nonsense. My VR rig has no keyboard, mouse, or monitor attached to it. It's a Linux box that I ssh into and start a Windows VM on, with qemu serving a virtualized monitor/keyboard/mouse over VNC that I just attach to from my laptop if I need to (I usually don't need to). It's perfectly usable.
Congratulations. Now show me how to install this without having a second already working PC to prepare automated install media on.
>Fucking every CPU these days does virtualization
Not every CPU has I/O virtualization, which is what VT-d is. Everything has VT-x which is basic hardware accelerated virtualization.
>This has gone from "not having a PS/2 or USB2 port makes some OSs unbootable" to "Not having them makes them totally unusable" to "Well I wouldn't recommend it unless you know how to use it"
Most people just want to install Windows or Linux and use them, not fiddle with things for hours. An amazing number of people still want to install Windows 7 because 10 sucks and they aren't ready to make the leap to Linux.

>Now show me how to install this without having a second already working PC to prepare automated install media on
Jesus fucking Christ. I need binoculars to even see the goalposts at this point.
I personally installed using a PXE server. But I'm not sure what you're trying to get at implying that there's something wrong with needing a working computer to acquire/setup an installation media? That's a pretty common requirement when setting up a new computer.
>Not every CPU has I/O virtualization, which is what VT-d is
Pretty much every modern CPU does IOMMU. I don't know of any motherboards that lack a PS/2 port but take a CPU that doesn't support IOMMU. Yes, not every CPU supports VT-d specifically because that's Intel's specific implementation.
>Most people just want to install Windows or Linux and use them, not fiddle with things for hours.
Again, nobody is talking about this. The original claim was, again, "not having a PS/2 or USB2 port makes some OSs unbootable" which was then modified to "Not having them makes them totally unusable". These are both demonstrably false, regardless of how many different hypothetical people you come up with who wouldn't bother with it.

>But I'm not sure what you're trying to get at implying that there's something wrong with needing a working computer to acquire/setup an installation media? That's a pretty common requirement when setting up a new computer.
Bought your OS? You have installation media. Not everyone buying a computer already has a working computer, much less knows how to set up an unattended install PXE thing.
>Pretty much every modern CPU does IOMMU. I don't know of any motherboards that lack a PS/2 port but take a CPU that doesn't support IOMMU. Yes, not every CPU supports VT-d specifically because that's Intel's specific implementation.
Did they finally bring VT-d to Pentium and Celeron CPUs?
>Again, nobody is talking about this. The original claim was, again, "not having a PS/2 or USB2 port makes some OSs unbootable" which was then modified to "Not having them makes them totally unusable". These are both demonstrably false, regardless of how many different hypothetical people you come up with who wouldn't bother with it.
Most people want one OS. And if that one OS fails to load the platform USB drivers, sure you can boot it, but unless you've set up remote access already you're basically stuck.

Similar to "get a life, loser" in most contexts but also literally and just "relax, spaz". The only reason it took off is because people are getting offended by it. Sometimes you just need it otherwise you're irritable.

fucking based
have sex

@71255098
>have sex
Alright OwO
*pushes you onto the bed*
POMF
Is your body ready~?

>NKRO
In what kind of situation is that relevant?
Are you some kind of gaymer retard?

So does my USB keyboard, this isn't 10 years ago