What language would Jow Forums use to rewrite the web?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72M5kcnAL-4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_(programming_language)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Html or Markdown
No scripts

Ocaml.

Highly performant and yet still general use. It has the side effect of preventing brainlets from writing shit tier code.

C++

any functional language, preferably some list dialect

Guile

Z80 assembly

microsh*t

>No scripts
This is the answer. Active content was a mistake.

Python and fuck Jow Forums

.txt

>Python
"I just learned to code a week ago" detected

>Html or Markdown
>No scripts
I like it, but historically it would have been whatever Netscape or Microsoft bundled in first... so basically I'm imagining fucking visual basic in IE being the standard. How horrifying.

In the least bad timeline, Eich was allowed his original wish of using Scheme. All the browser war crap still happens, but we arrive at a saner state a lot sooner.

Attached: the-monkey-paw.jpg (400x308, 19K)

Would be good because it'd kill the web.

Without brainlets there is no web

English, that's what most people understand. Anything else would be stupid.

react + redux, django + reset framework, ofc scss and all running in a docker container.

[spoiler]I have a bloat fetish[/spoiler]

I'd redo the web entirely

youtube.com/watch?v=72M5kcnAL-4

C

Top kek, imagine replacing the web with Django

COBOL

org mode files as markup with eslip as front end and an emacs server as back end.

user...

How do you make Jow Forums without scripts? Retard

Attached: IMG_20190530_180837035.jpg (3072x4096, 2.09M)

COW programming language

Whitespace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_(programming_language)
>Whitespace is an esoteric programming language developed by Edwin Brady and Chris Morris at the University of Durham (also developers of the Kaya and Idris programming languages). It was released on 1 April 2003 (April Fool's Day). Its name is a reference to whitespace characters. Unlike most programming languages, which ignore or assign little meaning to most whitespace characters, the Whitespace interpreter ignores any non-whitespace characters. Only spaces, tabs and linefeeds have meaning.[1] A consequence of this property is that a Whitespace program can easily be contained within the whitespace characters of a program written in another language, except possibly in languages which depend on spaces for syntax validity such as Python, making the text a polyglot.

>The language itself is an imperative stack-based language. The virtual machine on which the programs run has a stack and a heap. The programmer is free to push arbitrary-width integers onto the stack (currently there is no implementation of floating point numbers) and can also access the heap as a permanent store for variables and data structures.

Attached: 1489626289641.gif (380x264, 1.54M)

The absolute state of Jow Forums

A subset of current html+a subset of current CSS. Remove all the botnet crap basically.

Action script

t. retard

Vbscript is actually a nice little language. A little more standard functions/functionality and it would have been really good.

Not them but you're literally retarded.

>projecting
cope

java

>waaa spoonfeed me

Either a troll, severely underage, or genuine slackjawed slobbering retard

Attached: 1545530868866.jpg (640x640, 64K)

cope

>How do you make Jow Forums without scripts? Retard
>projecting
>cope
>cope

Have a juice, little guy.

enjoy your lame ass content noscript fags

Forth, obviously. :)

how do you do it though?
i would like we assembly to run the web, except it cant be web assembly, but actual assembly (for the web)

Tear the whole thing down and rebuild it in C/C++ and HTML. Static content only with a back end that actually makes sense.

Go

Tear the whole thing down and rebuild it in arm assembly. Actually the browser should just be a 60fps resizable texture window in your gpu that is rendered to according to user input and server.

LISP

Attached: 1369723275783.jpg (492x500, 178K)

why does it matter if there's no Jow Forums?

lua

Genuine answer:

No JavaScript is needed to display content. Server-side rendering is easy. HTTP POST requests to send messages.
JavaScript would be needed to click on an image and make it larger, but that isn't needed (can just open full img new tab)

i wish all websites were just run off of standard server stacks (e.g. LAMP) with no client-side scripting, if people need active content they should use plugins

Yessod

Catalog needs javascript or you get a black page with an error message.