youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT or home server usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: star citizen 3.3 CPU usage.png (872x578, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ngrqGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/dMyHXP
pcpartpicker.com/list/WyRm7W
amd.com/en/graphics/workstations-radeon-pro-vega-ii
pcpartpicker.com/list/PczXKB
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ykt94q
youtu.be/L42nx6ubpfg?t=573
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just asking, why are you recommending the 2600 over the 3600? Is it because the 2600 is priced better?

2070 or used 1080ti?

used 1080 ti

1080ti unless:
2070 if you care about raytracing or AI shit.

>what is the point of Nvidia releasing the 2080 which is the same performance of the 1080Ti released years ago but for more money
Yeah good point
>wait no only AMD is bad when they don't only release flagship cards and no others!

Because the 2600 is the cheapest CPU if your goal is just 60fps+ gaming.
3600 costs more.

No
>i7 8700/K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
in the OP

It's just not the same..

Attached: 1547799982404.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

Not anymore LOL

Attached: 1549839376080.jpg (699x485, 69K)

>>Wait for better priced GPUs
This will never happen. You autistis blaming nvidia for amd having to raise prices for their GPUs don't think about the fact that smaller nodes cost more money and have smaller yields

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 1.07M)

>building a new rig when a 7 year old rig you can pick up for $250(excluding graphics) is still competitive
Y'all niggers dumb.

Attached: DoW_Vega.png (1313x1466, 61K)

I'm sitting on 1700X and Crosshair VI Hero, and I'm definitley thinking about getting the 3800X, but getting a new motherboard at the same time leaves a big hole in the wallet. Would it be worth it to go for a new motherboard at this point?

>>what is the point of Nvidia releasing the 2080 which is the same performance of the 1080Ti released years ago but for more money
Yeah good point
>wait no only AMD is bad when they don't only release flagship cards and no others!
Good good, you understand it's bad when NVidia does it.
Now for the radical though that will break your reality.
IT'S ALSO BAD WHEN AMD DOES IT
WOAH, I bet that was so radical you your brain didn't even register the letters and all you saw was empty space.

>no 9700k
>no zen+

Did Nvidia do a node drop?
Aren't they still using ancient 14nms?
Lol
Lol again why upgrade

Attached: War_High.png (1310x1518, 52K)

you can do it two-step. buy the 3800X, use the X370 for a while. save up for the X570

Sorry it's an old benchmark but still. You think 9700 is miles away?
Look at those fps's

Attached: Deus.png (1310x1518, 53K)

I want to play on 2k 60fps, now i have r9 390 and fx 8350. Do I need to change the processor?

>It's AMD's fault when Nvidia prices are high
every
fucking
time
Nvidia could have priced the 2000 series 30% lower and still made a lot of money.

RVII is much more expensive to make. AMD didn't plan on releasing it for consumers, but 2080 being overpriced as fuck made it possible for them to.

Depends whether or not your CPU gets 60fps in what you play currently or not.

>Nvidia could have priced the 2000 series 30% lower and still made a lot of money.
>RVII is much more expensive to make.
What the excuse for navi then?

>The RX5700 probably only costs ~25% more than an RX570 to make so they could easily price it at $300.
>AMD can't compete as much on price anymore as they need margins
So AMD needs to keep up their margins and they are the good guys.

>On the other hand, Nvidia may not want to compete on pricing and instead keep margins up, as they have been doing.
>Pricing is subjective and Nvidia is gouging
but nvidia needs to keep up their margins and are the bad guys.

What the hell either condem them both(my suggestion) or let both off the hook.
Don't act buddy buddy with one company and then blame the other for doing the exact same thing.

Now post 480p with 2080ti :)

>RAMprices literally fell 50% from where they were 2 months ago

holy shit, the free market does it again!

do u mean 4770k?

I wasnted to get one but it's 300 if lucky so basically new rig territory

Is this as good as it gets for mATX in current year? Why can't we have more like this?
>front panel with decent airflow
>good amount of places to mount fans
>decent radiator support
>probably as unintrusive of a windowed side panel you can have nowadays
>4 2.5" and 4 3.5" bays
>5.25" bay if you really care about legacy compatibility
>probably most generous CPU cooler and GPU clearance I've seen on a mini tower lately
>$60
I don't understand CM, every now and then they shit out some horrible cases, but then there are gems like this and the N200 before. I'd get this, but I can't justify re-building my PC until I'm on the market for an upgrade, which isn't anytime soon.

Attached: cooler-master-nr400.jpg (1920x1280, 391K)

>What the excuse for navi then?
The excuse is that AMD tried competing on price but people would just buy more expensive, inferior cards. So they're better off making higher margins from those who chose their cards.

>Chinese intervention
>free market
good shitpost

Seems okay except it's not 5-slot

They use 12nm
>>It's AMD's fault when Nvidia prices are high
Where did I say that you fucking nigger? AMDchimps always blame nvidia for vega vii being so expensive because of nvidia ramping up prices just like you do. vii costs as much because they sell defective mi60 or whatever their shit is called.

>The excuse is that AMD tried competing on price but people would just buy more expensive, inferior cards. So they're better off making higher margins from those who chose their cards.
What a shit excuse.

>The excuse is that AMD tried competing on price but people would just buy more expensive, inferior cards
This. The Vii could easily BTFO the rtx 4800 ti if not for nvidia gimpworks in linux and windows. everyone who disagrees with me is a shill and i have a vii and 2080 ti so its true

Cheapest 1080p gaymur build?

Is going from i5 4570 to the ryzen 3700x a large jump in performance?

Someone recommended me this build. But I'm no expert and I wanted to make sure it's good before I purchase anything.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ngrqGG

My end goal is to have a build that can handle current and future games. I also plan to stream and use it for general editing and rendering. My budget is around $1000 or less if I can help it. Is there anything you recommend to change in the list?

Also, what type of monitor do you recommend? Is 75Hz and above just a meme or is it worth getting?

Attached: 1521045871450.jpg (408x439, 59K)

do I really need to run prime for 12, 24 and 48hrs?
had a 1 hours run, 8 passes, no errors. didn't check temps during the run, but it was 71Âșc right after i ended it. Assuming it's in that ballpark, around the 75ish maybe during the run. having it at that temp for 48h makes me a bit scared.

>do I really need to run prime for 12, 24 and 48hrs?
no, just clock down if you get freezes/BSODs faggot

>They use 12nm
Not exactly cutting edge. And the gains are minimal.
Your looking in the wrong places for used if that's the price your finding.
Can't help you cause I'm South African but try Craigslist maybe.
You might have an American forum for selling pc parts that'll afford you good prices.
>Now post 480p with 2080ti :)
We don't play like that anymore inshill.
Don't waste your money. 1700x is perfectly fine. Wait for zen 3 and the socket change.

>Your looking in the wrong places for used if that's the price your finding.
no, it's the actual absolute lowest prices
they sell 2600ks for 220-240 bro

>I'm South African
right, maybe it's different there

>They use 12nm
It's literally just 16nm+

even going from a 4570 to a 2600X is a large jump. to a 3700X is massive

what does that even mean? $400 2400G build I guess.

>someone recommended me
>overpriced defunct security vuln riddled 9600k
>on a locked board
>with a weak low profile cooler because it's noctua
>with a $60 250GB drive
>retail windows
>$370 for a 2060. and it's a gigabyte one
>ELEVEN HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE DOLLARS
you're either being trolled or that person is retarded.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dMyHXP You can change the case if you want.

You can maybe resell the board. But yeah that's an expensive board to just trash. I would think it will support a 3800X perfectly fine.
This is why I got a $50 board.

No you don't.

It's I nice build.
Though I'm wondering why every single newbie builder always picks the Corsair cxm 550 bronze(PSU)
Is there like a website somewhere that keeps shilling it? Why did you pick it?
Anyways try get a gold PSU at the least.
I always advice the seasonic gold focus cause it's only $80 and best high quality budget PSU.
Also just pirate windows for extra cash.
>2600ks for 220-240
That's just retarded. Cause a i7-9xxx goes for $250
I wonder who they think they're gonna sell too

Oh yeah. Just read thisGigabyte make the worst GPUs

>That's just retarded. Cause a i7-9xxx goes for $250
one is cpu one is cpu+mobo+ram
>I wonder who they think they're gonna sell too
inteltards sell them between themselves just like applefags with 600$ 2y old iphones

>pcpartpicker.com/list/dMyHXP >You can change the case if you want.
Your build is just as bad as what the other guy recommended
>A "literally who" ram for your amd shipped cpu
>That tank if a CPU cooler which is completely unnecessary for ryzen
>Coolermaster Q300 is a really really bad case
>Thermal take PSU's aren't really on any PSU heirachy lists for a reason but I guess it's okay.
>Vega 56 is the same price as his 2060 6gb yet is on all levels a worse GPU. Sapphire pulse is quality though.
>I reckon for $10 more the MSI gaming plus is a better buy due to better vrm's
Watch out for this guy^
>one is cpu one is cpu+mobo+ram
Well if it's coming with mobo and ram then it's worth it.
But if your on a old socket it's just cheaper to get the best on that socket 2nd hand because the differences aren't that huge in gaming like I posted here
But minimum 4c/8t if not just full upgrade.

personally, I would change the entire list, except the case if you think it looks good.

I thought something didn't seem right. Thank you for the build. Already it looks more appealing.
Noted and thank you. I didn't choose anything on the list. It's just a list I was recommended. Clearly they have faults though.
Huh, didn't know that. What makes them so bad though? Just curious.

Attached: 1475017747059.gif (365x261, 445K)

>Well if it's coming with mobo and ram then it's worth it.
no it isn't because as I already said you can get stuff like this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/WyRm7W

for the same price or lower, which lets you upgrayd to zen2 and zen2+

Which was my original point, and why i got a ryzen system over 4770k

Attached: 1490500649104.jpg (377x356, 22K)

Dunno if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know of a good mouse that would fit these specs:
>Under 100 grams
>2+ side buttons
>Good for Claw Grip
My hand is approx. 8 inches x 4.5 inches for reference

ec1
g403
fk1+

get smaller hands you fucking freak. also go to rocketjumpninja and listen to his reviews you retard.

logitech G500. Rip sweet prince

>personally, I would change the entire list, except the case if you think it looks good.
What's wrong with meshify?
>Huh, didn't know that. What makes them so bad though? Just curious.
>Poor customer support
>Low quality parts
>GPUs have a tendency too sag
No one has a good experience with gigabyte. Even their motherboards are shit.
They only ever make good shit if it's high tier parts cause they actually out some effort and make quality shit. It's only their mid to budget range they literally put no effort into
>>Well if it's coming with mobo and ram then it's worth it.
>no it isn't because as I already said you can get stuff like this:
>pcpartpicker.com/list/WyRm7W
Lol got me there. Seems your used market is fucked. I was looking for a i7-4970k on eBay and Jesus Christ I was shocked. Used and they're selling for $230
>Which was my original point, and why i got a ryzen system over 4770k
Guess you've got no choice
Wtf kinda autistic shit is this?
Jesus Christ an even bigger autist!!

The only Micro-ATX LGA1150 Mobo I can find is some Biostar thing that apparently doesn't support sleep mode. Where can I get one made by a reputable brand, not second hand, in the UK?

You want something that's long been discontinued, but not second hand? You're shit out of luck mate.

>watch out for this guy^
Thanks for the tip. Any builds you recommend for reference?

amd.com/en/graphics/workstations-radeon-pro-vega-ii
>Dual VII with infinity fabric link
>32GB HBM
>64CU
Jesus fug imagine the noise

can i get a recommendation for a good case that has a horizontal motherboard mount? i don't like the idea of my dh-15 hanging on the mobo for 10 years

Newfag here, is the biggest difference between the X and B AMD boards is OCing features?

No, it's PCI-E lanes.
Higher end X470 boards have better VRM designs than the best B450s, but the mid range are about equal.

I guess I'll have to buy second hand then. How much power would a PC without a GPU need? It's hard to find an answer through Google.

>What's wrong with meshify?
nothing, which is what I implied.

Got rid of the intel
Kept your storage but upped the SSD to 500gb. The price to GB is much better aswell as you might like some games in there.
Got a 256gb myself and can only fit 3 games. What sucks is all the games that actually benefit from ssds tend to be very big games themselves.
Kept your case since it's alright.
Got rid of the gigabyte and threw in an MSI. Evga would also be a good choice.
I don't know much about the new Nvidia cards. Haven't been interested. But what I can tell you is gigabyte isn't worth the risk.
The GPU I used is a more expensive one but atleast it's factory OC'd so you don't have to fuck with it.
Ryzen stock cooler is fine but I dumped a cheap hyper 212 Evo. It's enough for a ryzen. Don't let the price scare you. They're honest the cheapest and oddly one of the best air coolers out there.
My price is about $100+/- more but definitely a much better build.
You can pirate windows
pcpartpicker.com/list/PczXKB

Attached: tumblr_ouyu3bC6UT1uh3x51o2_500.gif (500x299, 2.09M)

would it be worth swapping my i5 4690k @ 4.4ghz to a i7 4790 stock?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ykt94q
Another week passes, I still havent gotten any parts other than my ram, budget is still around 1k cad, would be nice to be lower cause i dropped around 300 bucks for unmentionables.
A friend said he would give me his used ryzen 7 1700x for 200-170, i dont know much about cpus, but i think hes trying to fuck with me.
Do i take up his offer, stick with what i have listed, or wait for newer shit that i might not be able to afford?

For context, Star Citizen has absolutely shit optimization. I get 30FPS with drops into the 20s on an R5 2600

If they're the same price, the 1080TI is more powerful but you might have to worry about warranty

Don't get used to it. You've got another two weeks of pouting before I remove it from the better OP

I would say yes to a CPU change. If you have the money for 4K, you have the money for a significantly better platform

Learn about competition in free markets, retard.

Actually the investigations into pricefixing / monopolies fixed it

How much space needs to be left free?

Attached: 2019-06-03 22_14_34-This PC.png (484x61, 3K)

>A friend said he would give me his used ryzen 7 1700x for 200-170, i dont know much about cpus, but i think hes trying to fuck with me.
if he's going to buy the 3000 series next month it could be totally legitimate.
in which case buy it for 170.

>all this marketing FUD in one post

There are many options, common is R5 2600 + RX 570

Pretty garbage as a streaming and editing machine. You should wait a month or get a 2700X build. And yes you should have a 144Hz monitor

>would it be worth swapping my i5 4690k @ 4.4ghz to a i7 4790 stock?
Definitely. The 4 threads is holding you back tremendously
Just look at YouTube comparison online and see your CPU usage drop by half thanks to the 8 threads in the 4790 stock.
Also there is a trick I personally wouldn't advice to OC stock chips.
Just type in YouTube how to overclock locked chips.
As I said I wouldn't recommend it though.
>For context, Star Citizen has absolutely shit optimization. I get 30FPS with drops into the 20s on an R5 2600
AMDumb's cope ;^)
>How much space needs to be left free?
None. But 10% if you don't want a super slow system

my only issue with the upgrade is i'll be losing significant clockspeed going from 4 cores at 4.4ghz to 4(8 threads) at 4ghz. for emulation and lesser demanding games surely i'll be losing performance compared to the i5. i have a 144hz monitor so peak fps is important for me.

I got a pretty old PC. Specs:
- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Radeon 7850 2GB
- 3 GB DDR2-800
- 250 GB SATA SSD
- 1 TB 5900 RPM HDD

What's a good build using new stuff that's as good or better than this? Looking for something cheap. I use it for web surfing, gaming, and video encodes. Don't need any kind of "top-end" shit, I mean I am using this thing to play vidya even today.

Something built around the Ryzen 5 2400G I imagine would be good for you.

Reminder to all retards who praise AMD software while shitting on Nvidias.
youtu.be/L42nx6ubpfg?t=573
Both are shit.
And FREE solutions out there do a better job than either.

Lol. VII was a failure.
Though I'm glad idiots like you are supporting amd. We need the competition
And you can't find an unlocked at all?
>i have a 144hz monitor so peak fps is important for me.
What kinda emulation are we dealing with?
Just check YouTube. Alot of people are doing comparisons. You can judge better that way.
The .4ghz will be nearly negligible when it comes to fps difference.
And the extra threads will help you a ton in other games and longevity.
Clockspeed is just a means to bruteforce a few FPS out. The architecture is great for that but the gains are diminishing.

>We need the competition
>we
>actually identifies with a faceless hardware corporation
>trying to convince some poor fucker to "upgrade" to a pozzed locked i7 regardless of cost
Holy FUCKing YIKES and CRINGE lad, wow.

>bought an rtx 2060
>didnt even get a free shitty game
>1 (one) 8-pin connector
>then nvidia announces the rtx good goy edition
Why the fuck did I just spend the $350 not 4 days ago to be punished like this?

Attached: hairworks on.jpg (1639x693, 160K)

>What kinda emulation are we dealing with?
pcsx2
cemu

these both rely heavily on clockspeed as far as i know.

Mostly play single player games, and just recently got a 1660 Ti. Should I go 2k 60hz or 1080 144hz?

because you fell for the RTX scam

posting from last thread. Still getting "video scheduler internal error". Reinstalled Windows, Updated BIOs, Replaced MOBO, rma'd GPU and CPU {twice}. Im out of ideas.
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350 PC MATE
GTX 1070
Corsair 16 GB

What he meant by 'we' was we as consumers, fucking brandwarrior moron.

Why does every time i try to upgrade my PC or build new one for a friend it's seems like new super good gpu or cpu will launch and i should wait for a month or two before buying?

Attached: 1375193092997.jpg (1062x954, 215K)

>subtle shilling

>he
lol

>but getting a new motherboard
Can you tell us why you feel you need a new motherboard?

whomst do you accuse me of shilling for? If I bought an nvidia card to add credibility to my AMD shilling I would be a really shitty shill

Attached: good goy.jpg (2268x3024, 1.01M)

Sometimes they send back broken shit from an RMA. I had to RMA a mobo twice for destroyed SATA traces. A quick google search seems to say that the problem might be your storage

>lol
Moron

Cancel order, or possibly send it back. There's no guarantee that there'll be a price drop

Depends, if you want something that's good value it's the R5 2600 + RX 570, but you might not need that much power. Buying weaker hardware than that will give you diminishing returns on your money

>AMDumb's cope
No, shit optimization for CPUs in general. The game is in alpha, retard.

>used ryzen 7 1700x for 200-170
Bad deal, maybe better in CND but an R5 2600 is better for gaming than an R7 1700X

>the RAM isn't my special brand!!!
dies come from the same place fucktard.
>q300l is a bad case
no it's fine for what it is, which is cheap. For a budget build like that it's more money toward other shit.
>vega 56 is the same price
no it's $77 cheaper plus the games, retarded lying shill.
>brand again on PSU, when they come from the same manufacturer
>not knowing what a parametric filter is, again

You're blatantly trying to troll .

X chipset has no additional OC features over B. But the BIOS may have additional features, and the VRM may be better. This is why the B450 Tomahawk is one of the top recommended boards whether OCing or not.

That's the kind of GPU you have in a server so you don't hear it.

Silverstone FT-03. Oh you mean the wrong different orientation where it's an ugly cube. idk.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/PczXKB
>$390 for a 2060 when Vega 56 is $300
Why would anyone do this?
Try and answer without making up lies

it's already installed in my PC, it was delivered friday

I've been waiting for 12 years. J.. Just a little longer

Idk if RAM OC bro is on, but this is the timings I got currently, I know I should be lowering voltages but I really want to see what timings I can get out of this thing.

Seems lowering TFAW is really finnicky, and that tRC at 52 has got to stick.

Any other things I should attempt to lower before I start lowering the voltage?

Attached: RAMtimings4.png (509x766, 26K)

which gold rated PSU? 650-750W

nobody else can comment on this? looking for a couple different opinions about this. i've seen a couple of really cheap ones (equiv. to 60 USD) on ebay.

>no timestamp no nothing
>thinks you can't get an image like that form the internet
lol?

oh look the resident AMD shill is back

I would say yes if you're not planning to buy Ryzen 3000.

reverse image search it then, you absolute homo

I'm not anything close to an AMD shill, retard. Just follow the thread back from the 'lol' reply

>no timestamp no nothing
>thinks you can't get an image like that form the internet

Whats the software you use to test out SSD speeds?

Might be my storage? How so? I have all extra hdd unplugged besides the Samsung SSD that has windows installed on it.

I'd mainly try to get tRFC down, drop it in chunks of 16 at a time. Try tCKE at 1. Maybe tWR down to 18.
Otherwise those are really nice timings.

(You)

I'm holding out that the 2600 will get an even larger price drop before 7/7.

>god I have been discovered