Be OpenBSD user

>be OpenBSD user
>computer freezes up
>force a shutdown with the power button
>turn it on again
>the filesystem has shat itself and the OS does not boot anymore

This has happened to me, not once, but TWICE.

What the FUCK is wrong with MemeBSD

Attached: frogposting.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

man.openbsd.org/ddb
lurkmore.to/FreeBSD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>unironically using poor man's Linux

>be gnu/linux user
>old netbook frequently cold unplugs due to bad charger and old battery
>turn it on again
>filesystem gracefully recovers from journal and boots like if nothing ever happened

Attached: Konosuba_04_8.jpg (1280x720, 407K)

Nothing is wrong with it. That's a feature. You're expected to have uninterruptible power all the time to your computer when you're running OpenBSD, you're also not supposed to do something not intended. These features are there to remind you that if you don't follow their guidelines the OS will shit itself and laugh in your face. This is why OpenBSD is the best BSD, secure, easily breakable and headache inducing.

It's the OpenBSD way (TM)

>cuck license
you deserve it

It's like openBSD devs are GNOME devs undercover

I'm betting hardware/ram failure.

Just get windows m8. It just werks.

>X is shit
>"just get a bigger piece of shit, m8"

Seriously I have no problem with the interface but why would you just cut hibernate as a feature? Only reason I use kde on my laptops is because hibernate and resume is already implemented and I don't have to fuck with grub

cool it with the antisemitism goy

He's complaining that OpenBSD doesn't work, so I suggested something that does. It's no problem m8. Take it easy.

Threadfull of linux subhuman garbage.

Attached: 1557481515860.jpg (500x500, 181K)

cope

but seriously why dont they port hammer or something?

Please use this for reference:man.openbsd.org/ddb

>Seriously I have no problem with the interface but why would you just cut hibernate as a feature?
Because unfortunately hibernation on Linux for most people is broken as fuck, so GNOME removed it so people don't cut themselves. At least you can still suspend... if you know to press alt lol.Not very intuitive.

I understand why they pulled out hibernation desu. At least you can still enable it in config files.

>deflect
cultfags are not human

It was definitely broken when I tried Ubuntu.

>OpenBSD
that's by design, you wouldn't want someone to use a shutdown to boot a vulnerability and see your data right? Better nuke the whole filesystem to be secure ;)

kek

That also happened to me twice. I use Debian now.

Attached: 1540266102511.gif (330x270, 2M)

Hibernation on every OS is broken as fuck. Enjoy having to fucking pull the power cord to get your computer to boot up after hibernation on even fucking Microsoft Windows.
It's a half-assed shit solution that isn't needed by anyone but fucking idiots and should be removed.

Netbsd or freeBsd

F

>i...its a feature! >:((((
OpenBSD fags gtfo

Can I save this copypasta?

>What the FUCK is wrong with MemeBSD
>Creator is a hard ghey and also a passive in that relationship (he's a rooster bitch)

>Creator is a hard ghey and also a passive in that relationship (he's a rooster bitch)
Source?

>he's THIS new

Attached: Eric Allman & Marshall Kirk McKusick - HARD GHEYS.jpg (640x480, 65K)

lurkmore.to/FreeBSD

What does this have to do with Theo de Raadt?

>be IRIX user
>OS literally never freezes due to the crossbow architecture in my Octane2 that connects all the hardware subsystems
>remote connection to a Core2 shitbox with Ubuntu just to run modern Firefucks so I can shitpost
>IRIX has everything else I need

Attached: 1548527840582.png (334x346, 99K)

OpenBSD is literally a fork off of FreeBSD. It's same shit, so it's tainted and defiled by the ghey forevermore.

Doesn't sound like based Theo to me.

Attached: 1558161551634.jpg (3776x2520, 3.15M)

OpenBSD is literally a fork of NetBSD, not FreeBSD.

NetBSD isn't a fork of FreeBSD either.

the fucking cope in this post is beyond iTODDLER levels

>>MemeBSD
You need to run long "zpool scrub", but you will loose all directories with corrupted data.

1. You're not meant to run out of power in the first place, but that's nothing you can do anything about some times.
2. I run openbsd on one of my laptops. I've had the power suddenly interrupted a few times without any issues.

retard

OpenBSD doesn't support ZFS.

>2019
>not using illumos + ZFS

99.9% of the time Windows hibernation works perfectly for me. One time my GPU shat itself after waking up but I suspect AMD or the game I was playing before hibernating was to blame.