These two are pretty much the only recent new languages that made an impact and are getting bigger, but in the end...

These two are pretty much the only recent new languages that made an impact and are getting bigger, but in the end, which one will prevail?

Attached: 14124142.jpg (341x148, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2019
github.com/denoland/deno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

assembly
because its objectively superior to all others.

I wouldnt call assembly new but hey you do you

as new as any CPU your writing assembly for.

based and retardpilled

Both will perish
Odin is #1

Attached: logo-slim.png (501x261, 72K)

x86 assembly sure but any RISC processor assembly sucks dick.

elixir too

Literally who

any RISC processor sucks dick

Rust hasn't made any impact. Go has a chance of replacing a lot of what Java is used for. Rust has no chance of replacing C++ and is an irrelevant meme. Even Julia is more likely to achieve mainstream use than Rust.

In several years all the nu-devs will be on to whatever the latest meme is, and your OS and shared libraries and userland and daemons and all the other infrastructure will continue to be written in C.

Both, they're very different languages.

Firefox will continue moving to Rust because that's why Mozilla created the language.

I think rust has a better chance of replacing C/++ from what I can see at my workplace

God I hope not. Nim, Rust Ada whatever as long as C is no longer used.

Rust is growing quite fast honestly and i am one of the skeptics that thought it would die because Trapzilla Firecocks uses it and it has to go against the bloated behemot named C++ but for some reason its growing its liked and it will get a big boost because its very web assembly friendly.

Despite the Jow Forums memes a lot of C++ developers have really been enjoying it especially game developers.

>Rust is growing quite fast honestly
Source?

Starting injecting estrogen and coding rust. its the future bros, get in before its too late

>especially game developers

No.

>Rust is growing quite fast honestly
No it's not
> i am one of the skeptics
shills always preface their lies with this instead of evidence
> die because Trapzilla Firecocks
I will keep this though
> bloated behemot named C++
tranny detected

>Despite the Jow Forums memes a lot of C++ developers have really been enjoying it especially game developers.
C++ game dev here. I'd rather cut off my dick than use Rust.

Not that guy but it does seem to have been doing quite well

insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2019

Attached: 2019-05-08 19-19-56.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

*coughs*

Attached: dart-logo-for-shares.png (2650x1488, 66K)

Seething

They'll both probably continue to grow.

Go can replace Ruby/Javascript/PHP/Python/Java/C# shit
Rust can replace C/C++/Java/C# shit

That still exists?

Fuck google and it's shitty abomination javascript-Java hybrid.

>Mention Rust
>Fucking Neanderthals start coming out their caves screeching and screaming over how supposedly shit it is and how C++ is the best thing ever

You guys are actually one of the reason this thing hasnt died and probably wont soon by the sheer amount of popularity you give it by hating it

Attached: 2019-05-08 18-07-46.jpg (576x869, 82K)

Rust sounds interesting from a theoretical perspective, they actually use linear logic for their borrow checker. I'd liike it to be more popular for this reason alone, it has potential to make some powerful static verifiers.

Google Fuchsia UI and native Fuchsia apps will be written in Dart.

>Still C under the hood

Node.js since all enterprises are trying to change their shit to webapps

Just pretending to be retarded i assume?

Node is unironically better than people think and the idiots screamings

>MUH APPS THAT HAVE MORE THAN 5 USERS CHOKE THO

Are fucking braindead retards

>Node is unironically better than people think
this

>and native Fuchsia apps will be written in Dart
Yes i am sure people will not find a way to create Fuchsia native programs using C++ or even RUST or C#

They actually have affine types not linear. Linear types would be an amazing addition to the type system, but it'd be a major change from the state of things.

all 30 of them!

>since all enterprises are trying to change their shit to webapps
I mean thats a good thing because creating cross-platform shit is fucking cancer but creating a frontend in js is pretty easy and the backend can be whatever the fuck you want running on whatever machine you want

Rust is too inconvenient to write and unstable to replace anything.

To be fair C++ is also inconvenient as shit and you get aids by just writing a hello world program in it but its still popular as shit

I wasn't trying to imply that it's a bad thing, enterprise apps just tend to all be shit

It's good but in the end its still only single threaded

Then why is it replacing things?

Yeah considering the web is either JavaScript,Java, and rarely c# I'm sure rust is going to dominate soon

Just run multiple instances and if you need communication between them add a C/Rust module which is piss easy to do

I'm not transgendered I don't believe rust has anything to offer especially when node is built on c++

Reminder that Node’s original creator, Ryan Dahl, has been working on a replacement for Node called Deno to fix all of the original mistakes made.
github.com/denoland/deno
And it’s written in Rust.

Attached: E20FE538-ABC9-4A43-B160-374CADC60A55.jpg (100x100, 4K)

You shouldn't put much stock into what the guy who made Node fucking js has to say about anything.

BTW he also said that Go fixes all the problems that node has. So guess you should learn that

And it will be production ready when we all are going to rot with alzheimer in retirment homes

It unironically does problem being Go has like 0.1% of the packages Node has and thats its biggest advantage

If you don't want C, you're an idiot. There's simply no way to implement an operating system without C.

>There's simply no way to implement an operating system without C.
There is always a way, only people haven't found it yet, and sometimes maybe its not needed.

>and unstable to replace anything.
How is it unstable?

It's still in beta you bacterium

>implying other 99.9% of npm packages aren't garbage

You could do a quick google search before making yourself look like a retard.

>especially game developers.
Name one relevant engine and one relevant game in Rust. That's total nonsense, it's memory safety "features" are completely useless for games.

>search for IEEE Rust standard
>no such thing
It is in fucking beta, a language is not stable without a standard

They fill different niches

But you already knew that

LITERALLY EVERY GAME DEVELOPMENT RUST CRATE IS JUST A WRAPPER AROUND A C OR C++ LIBRARY WITH UNSAFE{} WRAPPED AROUND EACH FUNCTION LMAO

Both could become not so niche tho.

>what is multithreading

.-)

coming soon tm atleast i hope so

What are you talking about? any systems language can be used to write an operating system. Redox is in rust, most of windows in C++, and templeOS is in HolyC.

All of them are C under the hood for the parts that talk directly to the hardware

Meh, I've been writing all my web services in rust recently and made a few thousand from the few side hustles I've done.
Seems to work fine for me.
The God tier stack is Rust, Scala, node.js and then all the normal stuff everyone should know like C/C++ and assembly.

Rust is just yet-another-language that is piping its IR into LLVM. It's yet-another-language that is fighting for relevancy on social media. It is yet-another-language that is built upon C and C++ libraries under the hood and will eventually just regress back into all the other languages that have tried to do what Rust is doing.

No one will dethrone C or C++ because all other high level languages that arent C or C++ are made in C and C++.
Really makes you think.

>node.js
>God tier
Certainly not

C++. C is legacy and should be retired by now.

Different use cases. Go is a statically typed scripting language. Rust is a safer, more functional C++. Both have great concurrency support, as any modern language should. Not to say they don't overlap sometimes.

Nim

Beyond retarded.

Not saying it's great but you can't deny its prevalence

>Go is a statically typed scripting language
By what measure is it a scripting language?

Its inefficient garbage collected crap

rust is an implementation, not a standard. no one will use it seriously if it is not standardized. No one will use it in any mission-critical embedded environment unless it has a standard.
20 things can break between one iteration of rust to another in the span of a month.

It is an implementation. It's a language that exists only as a pocket of code on github. It is not a standard with documented behaviors, it is an implementation.

>inefficient
>one of the fastest languages not named C

Can what explain you mean by this?

2.5 trillion left-pads and is-arrays is in no way a good thing.

I can see the advantages of Rust
Is there anything Go does especially well, aside from the syntax?

Show me one example of an implementation in the stable branch that has broken.

>call C library's in any performance critical code
>as fast as C
Cantexplainthat.jpg

Safer because you take away all the good of c/++ because you're afraid of inexperienced programmers. Safe language for people who need safe spaces going through life safely never experiencing life because muh saftey

C has no real standards that anyone follows, guess it's still in beta.

its a fast python if you really think about it.

Oh, so you're retarded. Got it

It's literally interpreted, "compiling" just bundles the source code with the interpreter in a big binary

C has a standard ABI you tard. It's literally the ABI that everyone uses even at the OS level.

Wouldn't that be Julia?

No one defends go. Even the people who use it think its trash.

I dont have a clue what that is so i dont know

Pascal will never die.

Go is easy to code in, compiles fast, and uses little memory. It's basically Google's language to replace their Java code going forward to save money.

At work we rewrote some of our most accessed webservices from Java to Go and saved money on hosting as the memory requirements are so much less.

CPU doesn't know about "foreach" or "garage collection" all of that has to be translated into C before it can go to the CPU