The Mac Pro starts at $6,000, and it’s coming this fall. Comes w/ 8-core Xeon, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD...

The Mac Pro starts at $6,000, and it’s coming this fall. Comes w/ 8-core Xeon, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD, and Radeon Pro 580X. Pro Display XDR costs $5000, nano-texture version (matte) is $6000.

Attached: 1559586714909.jpg (1599x1066, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/7DmNr6
en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/xeon_gold/6234
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/193739/intel-xeon-w-3223-processor-16-5m-cache-3-50-ghz.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They can't even say matte? They came up with a special snowflake term?

Those holes look like they're designed to catch dust wtf are they thinking

>$6000 for a fucking 256GB SSD
Apple decided to destroy Mac Pro once and for all

what are these holes? Can I put penis in it?

Why would they call it the same thing when its different and vastly superior? Why are you such a faggot? This isn't about 'snowflakes' you triggered idiot.

Attached: 8rmKuFW.jpg (400x354, 72K)

Those look like dents not holes.

>6k for the tower
>5k for the monitor
>1k for the stand

Apple shares are 172. Roughly 69 shares for 12k. At this rate buying the stock might be a better investment than that set-up. Lenovos and ramen soup boys.

Attached: trypophobia-back.jpg (700x372, 57K)

>32gb ram
>256gb ssd
>580x
They're testing their fanbase at this point, right?

/thread

day 1 purchase

>580x
To be fair to Apple, it's a 580x Pro, about as powerful as a 970. Still a hunk of shit for that price

isn't your joke supposed to be the other way around?

no way stocks stay x with products like y

>Apple decided to destroy Mac Pro once and for all
Maybe that isn't so far from the truth after all. It's no secret that Apple didn't really want to build any more desktops, and they felt forced to only because of the bad press. So now they can come out with a good computer, but so overpriced, that few people will buy them. Then Apple can say, "Hey, no one is buying them, so we're going to shut it down." And investors will knowingly nod their heads and say "I understand" and there will be no backlash when the desktops fade to black at Apple.

>now Jow Forums, build a Battlestation that BTFO's this Piece of Turd at the same price.

Makes it easier to clean

>not 16 cores ryzen 3000
>not navi
Lol

>only marginally better than my $600 PC
>$5000

Fuck what a scam

Even Epyc 64 cores will BTFO it

>same price
HALF the price is more than enough.

I put the parts together quickly and it's about $900. Where does the other $5100 go?

Attached: 1559590528231.png (1280x720, 476K)

Computer wheels

My PC costs ~550$ and it is easily better than anything applel can make

also remember al the fancy 8k 3 streams shit they showed requires a nearly maxed out model to do

Would you pay 999 dollars for that stand?

also they didnt say how much the "optional" wheels cost - $300?

for 6 grand there should be a fucking RTX 2080 TI

but muh coreaudio and gestures

A better PC

I would

Attached: 1551971109945.jpg (221x250, 9K)

tim cook's boy-slut

>$6000
>256GB SSD

there must be something we're missing here
there is absolutely no way this thing is 6k for the parts advertised
i do not understand

has to be a fucking joke

iTards are the worst

Speed holes

the other 5,000$ goes to Tim Cook

>Intel

I see "this isn't for home users, it's for professionals" being thrown about a lot. It looks like Apple's strategy is to price home users out of Macs and force them onto iPads.

This

This is worth at most 1200$ if you're just counting hardware price

Honestly if they kill desktops Apple might be in a position to sell Mac OS, after all they want to sell their services on an integrated platform.

>How do we industrialize the computer?
You gotta admit, when you take a step back and look at it sideways (metaphor) the thing looks like some kind of a totalitarian aka "utopian" view of the future. Imagining a PC next to some welding or CNC machine.

Not gonna lie, I do sometimes wish I had a 500 pound non penetrable pc sometimes

FEATURING CHEESEGRATER™ TECHNOLOGY

The "nano-texture" is this weird textured finish that is meant to reduce glare seen on normal matte finishes. So it is a bit different. Allegedly.

Here pcpartpicker.com/list/7DmNr6

$5100 logo

>$1000 for a stand
>A fucking stand
This can't be real
>It's real

Attached: 1542309704533.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Show on PC part picker then. I can't even find that Xeon they're using, maybe it's a new chip or something.

That's a lot of money for a $2000 workstation.

lmao its apple what the fuck do you expect

someone will buy this

multiple people will buy this

they will brag on social media about it and try and display their buying of this as a status symbol

You know it's true. It's the same thing that happens with iPhones.

Attached: pewpew.png (155x154, 36K)

I only have an iPhone because anroid is fucking garbage. I would love to buy the new P30 pro if it had a better operative system.

the logo

wow, basically my thinkstation from 2015 i've payd 300 eurobucks a few months ago.

you didn't put together the same parts

>apple is still selling Intel botnet machines
lel

George Soros.

What would this be able to do

Lol yeah no you didn’t. Here’s how this shit always goes

>find me an equivalent MacBook/Mac build
>posts build / competitor laptop
>yeah it’s missing x y z
>hurr yeah well I don’t care about those features

You retards complain about Apple shit being overpriced and for idiots yet your smooth brain can’t properly compare spec sheets.

If it wasn't direct from Apple I'd assume it was some random unoriginal, uncreative, non functional asian ripoff.

Attached: 252235262626.png (1031x764, 588K)

$6000 plus tip at the Genius Bar.

>autists on online forum think their design skills are better than Apple

I have to ask, all you people that armchair design and armchair engineer Apple products, why aren’t you wildly successful? Why aren’t you working at Apple if your designs are so great?

Not him, but this is probably the Xeon they're using in the 8-core.
en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/xeon_gold/6234

Apple doesn't hire engineers anymore only artists.

I'm actually a huge Apple fan and this is trash.
I wish Waz broke off and kept a seperate Macintosh line going.

This shit is just a cash grab and not functional at all.
At least with Jobs he knew functionality had to at least line up with the aesthetic vision instead of compromised function for looks.

Nothing is unique anymore either so they aren't even winning by looks.
Check out the XPS 12 swivel hinge for example or the detachable tablets.

Apple lost it's creativity and capability.

Attached: 125252626.jpg (680x680, 35K)

>ITT: idiots that think prices and values for enterprise level products are solely related to their raw cost and if not are “overpriced”

When you reach enterprise level things like QA, support, traceability, etc are factored into the price. It’s the same reason you’ll have bolts for aircraft that are in the hundreds of dollars when the “raw” price for a bolt is nowhere near that. So sure go ahead and make your PC Part Picker lists and feel proud for “outsmarting” the Apple sheep.

Apple fell for the goddamn hole technology meme like that Glorious Gamer mouse. LMAO

What exactly are the compromises? Do you have one of the new Mac Pros that you’ve been running benchmarks on? I’d love to see your thermal test results!

> starting at 6 grand
> Radeon Pro 580X
what the actual fuck, even the iMac Pro's lowest end GPU is the Radeon Pro Vega 56, and starts at $5000 (with a 1TB SSD)

I'm pretty sure offerings from Dell and HP don't rip-off their customers nearly as Apple does

>I’m pretty sure
>I actually have no idea what I’m talking about but my internal bias is telling me it’s true so it’s probably true
FTFY

>anroid is fucking garbage
Go back to plebbit. I literally run linux virtual machines on my Note 9

Nah, they're using the new Xeon W processors. This is their entry level chip:
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/193739/intel-xeon-w-3223-processor-16-5m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

>he knew functionality had to at least line up with the aesthetic vision instead of compromised function for looks.

Attached: 1558123417597.png (686x955, 420K)

Careful not to have the fedora on too tight there pal. Hope you like Googles Indian dick ramming your ass

>b-but I use a custom rom!!

Hope you enjoy your custom rom by some rando in his basement. Although if you’re using android your security probably isn’t that valuable anyway since you don’t have many assets

Can't someone please put a threadripper in a fancy case and btfo apple for good?

Attached: lotte inhale.jpg (943x1859, 739K)

You can destroy that 6 grand 8-core Mac Pro with a 32-core threadripper monster build with an actual Quadro GPU.

Ah yes, the famous Steve Wazniak.

How the fuck does Apples userbase manage to not trip over and kill themselves out of idiocy on a daily basis? This is the dumbest shit I've seen.

Attached: forRealFam.jpg (480x480, 22K)

We like black Thinkpads with real keyboards that are a decade old. Design is for faggots these days.

How much will the 28 core variant be? $20000?

They also require 1.4kW of power
What kind of power cap is available in US for a normal house?

Here it's 4kW max

For a couple grand you could put 4 nvme on raid 0 with a pci x16 raid card. 2 tb / 10+ GB/s read write and a 16gb nvdimm at 20+ GB/S as boot drive.

Many people who would buy this are looking for the workstation cards rather than the gaming ones

How much will the top configuration cost? Because that basic config for $6000 can be build for 1000$ easily

Oh yes, that great support that keeps on denying design flaws and telling you to buy a new device.

Good find. Looks like you can't even buy it yet.

This is peak design

Attached: IMG_20190603_181704.jpg (2048x1536, 366K)

*trundle*
*squeeksqueeksqueeksqueeksqueek*

>shitty lian li knockoff

>t. seething poorfag

This, it looks like a shitty Lian Li case from late 2000s, what the fuck is going on with Applel designers.

That's also not a workstation card, it's an mid-range gaming card. Selling this for 6k is absurd, it almost seems like they're checking how much they can get away with.

>Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Based poorfag

Ok, what features is it missing? Let me guess, something proprietary?

No way this is real. This looks like some hardware project for a middle school science fair.

How much do they cost and how much better are these compared to a thread ripper?

cucktower 6000
as powerful as a tamagotchi

looks like these chinese ripoffs
but worse