I tried the Brave browswer several months ago and it was shit. I tried it again a few days ago and now its not shit...

I tried the Brave browswer several months ago and it was shit. I tried it again a few days ago and now its not shit. 4chanx actually works with it too. Its chrome but with out the botnet. You should give it another look.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (700x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
brave.com/brave-users-get-rewarded-to-browse/
brave.com/faq/#unverified-publishers
basicattentiontoken.org/about/
basicattentiontoken.org/
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1085238644926005248
bitcoinist.com/brave-browser-donations-not-optional/
mobile.twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160882873380870
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18734999
brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc
brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
henrypp.org/product/chrlauncher
spyware.neocities.org/articles/dissenter.html
basicattentiontoken.org/token-economics-considering-token-velocity/token-econ_1.pdf
player.vimeo.com/video/282341981?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It runs extremely smooth for me. Much rather use this than trannyfox or jewgle

>Its chrome but with out the botnet.
Nope, still botnet.
Try iridium for a botnet free chrome experience

Wow you blatant shills are fucking way too obvious. It's chrome but with a different botnet. They must not pay you guys any BAT to try any harder.

Thats all you have? Glad I picked up Brave. What a weak set excuses. I bet iridium isnt even paying you to shill.

Waterfox for PC, Brave for phone. Everyone else with common sense does the same.

Exactly. They're a small open source team that makes a privacy respecting browser because they believe in the right to privacy. Unlike Brave, which is just another bunch of greedy capitalists trying to do the same scam as Google and Fakebook by making money off of ad revenue and monetizing their userbase.

shill

shill

shill

jannies should at-least be removing threads that are blatant advertising. Jow Forums is not your personal billboard.

Thats the actual definition of the Brave project... Its not a secret. You are not saying anything everyone who downloads brave doesnt already know. Only Brave pays you for using you rather than just stealing your data.

brave ads are opt in, and why should i have an issue with a company creating a great product making money? Not everyone is an open source autism elitist.

Isnt firefox an open source project and look at where that went.

Reminder that Brave pays its users to shill their shitty browser.

>brave.com/brave-users-get-rewarded-to-browse/

>The new BAT grant program gives users approximately 5 USD in promotional BAT. The grants, which must be used for the benefit of content creators within 90 days, come from the User Growth Pool (UGP), a fund of 300 million tokens set up to give users and publishers an incentive to join the BAT platform.

>Over 16,000 creators (including YouTube and Twitch accounts) have joined the Brave Publishers program. The over 11,000 YouTube channels together have in excess of 200 million subscribers. Monthly BAT payments to creators come from two sources: user donations and the creator referral program.

>There are also over 7,700 creators currently participating in the ongoing Brave referral program, earning approximately $5 in tokens for each user they bring to the Brave browser.

Bravefags are literal paid shills.

Thats good money.

it turned into a tranny hive that gave all of its users over to googles botnet. Hard to call that a success considering they are entirely reliant on the enemy of the public giving them cash for a search deal.

That was the point.

Attached: brave_shilling_2.png (4000x3210, 3.55M)

I have no arguments against these posts and neither do you.

Attached: 1554525108763.png (1406x1878, 87K)

no thanks!

brave hijacks ads to show their own, screwing both users and content creators.
it also sells user's info to 3rd parties.

fuck.that.shit

>users
No
>Content creators
They can sign up for Brave.

>can sign up for Brave
>sign up

privacy yey!

based and redpilled

They signed up for those ad bucks.

And what happens if the content creators don't sign up for that? Oh, right! Brave keeps the ad money for themselves!

>brave.com/faq/#unverified-publishers

>What is an "unverified" publisher?

>If a publisher has yet to sign up with Brave Rewards to earn rewards from Brave browser users, they are considered unverified. Publishers can sign up at anytime to become “verified” and claim their available earnings.

i only use it cus the archpad i use twice a year decided it doesnt wanna open firefox anymore even after i reinstalled the browser twice
im retarded and lazy

Brave supposedly gives users 70% of the ad revenue. Dont know what happens to that 30% nor do I care. Sign up for rewards, dont sign and miss out, such is the free market.

>it's an ad-driven browser that panders to advertising agencies with a blockchain-redistribution scheme while pretending to be ethical by hardcoding deprecated web extensions into it's core (https everywhere & adblock plus)

>and contains a ledger system that anonymously measures user attention aggregate to accurately reward publishers.
basicattentiontoken.org/about/

>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
basicattentiontoken.org/

hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437

>the data is stored in-browser
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1085238644926005248
bitcoinist.com/brave-browser-donations-not-optional/
mobile.twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160882873380870
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18734999

Welp, im going to start shilling this to everyone I know. Already got my mother using it. Firefox needs to go and this is the best thing on the market to make it go.

5 BAT coins were going to be deposited to your account, but since you didn't register in our partner reward program we will keep them.

WTF, FF has barely 10% of the marketshare left, why do they need to go? Do you think the web will be more OR less free and private with everything being a chromium based browser??

>70%
They're probably rounding up, from 7% to 70%

Had not even signed up for that BAT program until this thread, just took one click then I turned it off. I just like having a good browser thats not stuffed with googles evil and works with 4chanx and its not fueled by tranny AIDS.

Then you would like Iridium. It's everything Brave claims to be but actually is.

O P E N
Y O U R
E Y E S

and see that chrome / chromium-based browsers are actively destroying the web in the same way microsoft was attempting to do years ago with IE. google wants everyone to use chrome and chrome clones in order to track and push advertisements on you more effectively. mozilla / gecko-based browsers and webkit-based browsers are currently the only way out. you should only be using those browsers as your main. chrome / chromium-based browsers are fine as a backup, but that is what they should all be relegated to.

if you are a brainlet and do not give a shit about the homogenization of the web and do not care about privacy, then that's on you. but stop trying to push it on unsuspecting visitors of Jow Forums. the only people here who are constantly recommending brave are obvious shills. ignore them, then report and clean these types of threads with a sage ritual.

>its not fueled by tranny AIDS
google is full of diversity tranny clownworld hires, and brave is based on google chrome / chromium code. look at brave's github. tons of purple-haired sjws develop it.

mozilla also is full of diversity tranny clownworld hires, but at-least they have a long history (a history older than a lot of the people on this board), of respecting user privacy (whatever you think of the current defaults in FF, they are all fully modifiable via about:config and user.js) and promoting foss ethics.

what's the difference between webkit and chromium?

webkit was started by kde and apple. it's not a google monstrosity. chromium (and its rendering engine blink) is a google monstrosity, that is even embraced by microsoft now. that is the difference.

>Its chrome but with out the botnet
That'd be ungoogled-chromium.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 11.15.29.png (2042x688, 196K)

Using Brave is so fun!
First you have the Brave Points™
Then you have the Brave Community!
Then there's the fast, secure and most custom tailored browsing ever...
Finally, you got to feel like a true Brave Pro... yes. This alone makes for everything else. You FEEL more Brave. Like a lion, the king of the Jungle, only that by using Brave you're the King of the Internet. Yes.
Then all addons work! Keep in mind I only tested Brave Aproved® Addons in the Brave Store©. Addons such as the facebook one, the discord one, the news one, etc... I don't even need the other secret, unsafe and weird addons, as Brave cares for me and my needs!
Use Brave. You won't regret it

How much you get paid to type that cringefest out

Actual money and not BraveCoin.

What exactly is wrong with Firefox? I'm reinstalling Windows, what browser and extensions do I need to get?

It's better to use botnet chrome and KNOW that your data is being harvested than to take a placebo pill and wear a blindfold to remain ignorant.
Actually using brave is more dangerous than Chrome because tards are more prone to do autistic shit when they believe they're private.

Do not reply to Brave paid advertising. Just report, hide, and move on.

no, it is shit. I just removed the brave browser and heres why
everytime it started I got a message that I was starting it with an unsupported commandline option --no sandbox
there is no way to fix this in linux
I tried to save some data from an extension as part of the normal operation of the extension, It wouldnt let me do that
I changed to waterfox

How do I install brave in Ubuntu 18.04?

Sudo apt-get install brave?

brave ran terribly on my machine despite all the shills saying it would be wonderful. I gave it a chance for 3 weeks but it never did anything good for me, at least nothing better than another FLOSS browser could do.

The spyware watchdog site lists most of the reasons.
My main one is simple. A browser should NEVER make a connection that you didn't explicitly tell it to make.

Your options these days are pretty limited. You can run Chromium (ungoogled) or Firefox (user.js) with mitigations.
There's also Falkon and Qutebrowser but I don't like to sacrifice convenience for those.

yeah then you have to lower all your security by enabling the following and this allows attackers to get around the sandbox, so it's one fucked browser
curl -s brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc | sudo apt-key add -

echo "deb [arch=amd64] brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ `lsb_release -sc` main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release-`lsb_release -sc`.list

sudo apt update

sudo apt install brave-browser brave-keyring

>A browser should NEVER make a connection that you didn't explicitly tell it to make.
And they do? That's weird, can't you turn that off or something? There's no normal version of Firefox that isn't spyware or what?

oops i meant to paste this instead
sudo sysctl user.max_user_namespaces=500 | sudo tee /etc/sysctl.d/00-local-userns.conf

I already use Ungoogled Chromium, which is 100x better than Brave.

Link?

Anyone use Dissenter browser from Gab?

Supposed to make up for Brave shortcomings.

I noticed websites using Google fonts take forever to load because it refuses to connect to Google then loads whatever it can find locally so I guess that's nice.

Private browsing with Tor is built in but I think Tor may be completely pozzed by now.

It's very fast.

>claim their available earnings
It's sitting in an account. That's like saying your bank is keeping money for itself because you put a bunch of money in savings and didn't touch it for awhile.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
Yes, all the time.
You can spend an hour or two editing user.js on Firefox to tailor it.

Based

>I use chromium deriviatve X!
>It doesn't say chrome so it's not chrome!
>I am actually retarded!

>needing to make cross-site loads for a fucking font
the future was a mistake

Use Ungoogled Chromium with this tool:
henrypp.org/product/chrlauncher

Edit the config file to use ungoogled.

>Anyone use Dissenter browser from Gab?
Why would I want to use a fork of a fork?
spyware.neocities.org/articles/dissenter.html
Not to mention that the owner is a hypocritical piece of shit.

>Supposed to make up for Brave shortcomings.
By adding a social media component? Lmao

>Private browsing with Tor is built in but I think Tor may be completely pozzed by now.
Bundling Tor with anything but the Tor browser is retarded.

Remember when anti-hotlinking was a thing?

>Its chrome but with out the botnet
Doubt

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
This all seems like the stuff that you just disable like in any other program? Like, if you install a graphics card driver or some shit and they ask to send data or not, you say no. Is all this fuss really about that stuff?

>without the botnet
it has MORE botnet than chrome does.

ungoogled chromium & iridium is the most "no botnet" chromium you can get, they still have google services binary blob

I remember when xss-calls were the epitome of a security breach and you just avoided websites that did it.
Now it's fucking standard to load everything. It's downright impossible to load most websites with 1st-party calls now.

Thanks for this

I like Opera on my Android

Did you not even read the page?

>stuff that you just disable like in any other program?
Only if you rewrite a config file (user.js) and the about:config page.
99% of people wont because they don't know about it and it's actually confusing.

Their privacy violating "features" aren't opt-in.

>Like, if you install a graphics card driver or some shit and they ask to send data or not, you say no.
In this case, you say "no" only for them to do it anyway because you agreed to their tos, lol.

>Is all this fuss really about that stuff?
The subject is privacy on an internet browser. Very few programs can tell someone about all of your online habits.

>Only if you rewrite a config file (user.js)
Like what exactly is only in there and not in config?

I am trying new browsers because if this shit about Chrome is true, I guess not even Chromium will be safe from blocked ad blockers.

For now I am trying trannyfox and it's ok but I won't cut my penis.

They change different files. I don't know the exact differences but I haven't been able to find certain settings in about:config.
Also, it's easier to copy and paste many options than to hunt down several dozen individual settings. about:config isn't easy to scroll.

Yeah but this user.js disables a lot of useful shit like password saving too so I'd have to edit a lot of what's in that too. So I'm trying to see if there's anything that you must use it for or is it just a simple config edit (even though it's a billion options).

I am a brave bro myself.

Attached: amanchu.webm (1280x720, 186K)

k, but does it still have shit navigation when trying to save a fucking .torrent file?

also did they ever fucking add export/import passwords on mobile?

/s ?

Opera is ran by the fucking Chinese gov

Dissenter browser is actually better. Brave fork that pulls out not just the Google spyware but the Brave payments bullshit as well.

They relied on Brave to pull out the spyware and all the other bullshit. Gab just forked a fork and slapped bitcoins lightning network on top of it (poorly I might add) because Gab's CEO is heavily invested in Bitcoin and the latter. Go back to biz and shill you core shit there.

> muh token economy

Brave is attempting to model the economy of Icelands' Krona(?) with their token in terms of keeping the supply fixed but keeping inflation down while achieving token velocity and sustainable volume. Something bitcoin can't do because of hodlers.

> t. brave shill

basicattentiontoken.org/token-economics-considering-token-velocity/token-econ_1.pdf

Same, in the beginning it was unusable, slow and buggy, which made me switch back to Opera. But now it's my daily driver. It's a good thing that it pretends to be Chrome, so you don't have to pay the Firefox tax of longer recaptchas and buggy Google/Youtube scripts.

Attached: 1559138168664.jpg (2250x3000, 869K)

Is Iridium going get fucked over by Google's adblock scorched earth?

yeah it was shit awhile ago, especially right after release but now it supports all the major chrome extensions
there are other options on the desktop but for the phone it's the best browser

I use Edge :^)

>Bundling Tor with anything but the Tor browser is retarded.

what Brave is doing makes sense if you look at it purely from the perspective of giving retarded normies a helping hand
with tor support some retard can access onion links with a right click
and the torrent support, where apparently it only leeches but doesn't seed sounds anathema to torrents are supposed to be, but it allows retards to fileshare via the torrent protocol (a big thing since so many don't even torrent to pirate anymore just use streaming sites)

>and the torrent support, where apparently it only leeches but doesn't seed
How is that possible?

But if I don't do autistic shit and just want to block ads, what's the alternative?

>so I'd have to edit a lot of what's in that too.
Still easier since it's all commented.
Be sure to run your own tests to see if you're still safe.

>with tor support some retard can access onion links with a right click
It's better to have no delusions.
I'm actually speaking from experience. Maintaining an honest idea of your current security is essential.

If you only want to block ads then install adblock on whichever browser you like the most. You should remember that you're not anonymous.
Everything you've ever written or searched is tied to your real identity (ie: You shouldn't care if this information was published).

If you aren't willing to defend everything you've done online then it's time to get very serious about your privacy.

>eating pig is bad for you, too much fat and it has parasites
>beef is also bad, too much protein if you eat 20 pounds. I don't like that.
>but this overly processed sausage, which was made from pig, is good! Even if it has even more fat-to-flesh ratio and you can't even know it was made from pig, shoes, bull dicks or fag cum. It just looks better and I'm cooler eating a hotdog with my hands instead of using a knife and a fork!

i mostly like it because it's chrome without botnet and built in adblock, but i wish they didn't include that tor bullshit by default. i don't want that, it's just bloat.

>If you only want to block ads then install adblock on whichever browser you like the most
until that adblock is out of date / blocked / abandoned / detected / paid off / otherwise not working.

Are you not using ublock origin, senpai?

I don't see how Brave is supposed to be superior to it. Im sure you could make a case for using a hosts file or a pihole though.

Get a load of the fucking website for Brave. Look at this fucking ad they made.
player.vimeo.com/video/282341981?
Why in god's name would you trust a free browser with that much money put into marketing?

Blink was forked from WebKit

It’s still based in Norway.

Attached: gab vs eich.png (1170x526, 109K)

>ctrl+f "vivaldi"
>0 results
shit thread

Any closed source browser is automatically worse than the absolute worst open source browser.

Based

thanks for your input kronk, i bet you believe there's an army of programmers scanning open source every day looking for vulnerabilities.

red pill me on Gab anons plz, are they to be trusted? They sound pretty based but I dunno. Is their new browser shit?

Whats wrong with marketing?