The next windows

thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/207439/microsoft-announces-modern-os

thoughts?

Attached: you may consume 3 beans.jpg (1080x1065, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/what-microsofts-new-modern-os-all-about
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't care
10 ltsc has support until 2028

Wasn't Windows 10 supposed to be the Windows to end all Windows?

rolling release is a farce

what they're talking about in the link is probably just what they want to do in future 10 updates. I have no doubt that they'll do it in a shitty and broken manner of course

what ever happened to Windows 9?

So you know how because of legacy issues that we have to start as the first disk drive being c drive. In the old version of dos the first two drive would have been taken up. Because of legacy code issues they had to keep the next available drive as c. In linux it goes sda sdb sdc sdd like normal.

I saw u can get it I saw it on Linux tech tips youtube.

windowscentral.com/what-microsofts-new-modern-os-all-about

If you look at this modern os on an article actually worth a shit there are two key features which are very important.

The first is that apparently this modern os is what is going to run on xbox so hopefully we will get an xbox with installable applications and shit.

The second important thing is if you look at the screenshot this is basically a copy and paste of the software for the start menu on the hololens. It is attempt to make the modern desktop work more like hololens.

In my view this is just windows 8 all over again and if they sell "desktops" with this new shitty start menu inside of bestbuy then it will make windows a laughing stock again.

Sure the hololens start menu needs to be different than the desktop because the paradigm of a start button in the bottom left does not work in hololens and so the form factor has to be redesigned.

That being said many people have tried to redesign the 2d desktop start menu and failed.

Sure maybe these start menus can have some more intercomaptibility, but they need to redesign this "Modern OS" so that it has a decent start menu and not repeat their own mistakes that they made with windows 8.

Attached: 1559469210173.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Includes a set of delighters that deliver innovative human-centric experiences.These experiences are powered by AI, Parker says

By god, they've figured out a way to distill buzzwords into an almost physical form

Just more spyware and bloatware. Fuck Microsoft and fuck their shills.

>microsoft makes more minimal os with less system requirments
>bloatware

Very intellgent, user. I am glad you are here to guide us in technology

Attached: 1559422008774.jpg (1200x1886, 249K)

>Believing Microsoft will ever make anything remotely "minimal" when in the same post they discuss "user delighters powered by AI"

1 megabyte is less than 2 megabytes you dumb ugly retarted piece of shit

Windows 8 start menu was actually one of the best things Microsoft has designed. It was super useful for a better workflow. Easiest way to spot a techcel is to ask their opinion on windows 8 ui.

It's going to be free in exchange of joining the bot net.

Yes but it is actually retarded and you are dumb if you use it. Windows 10 fixed it by having a button called "tablet mode" so you can switch to the retard interface and back. Whereas windows 8 tried to force the retard interface on everyone causing cancer that lasts up to today.

>1 megabyte
How many network requests does Cortana need to make? How large is Cortana on disk?

Now imagine literally every feature in Windows has it's own Cortana. That's what "AI powered user delighters" will end up meaning.

Bro try to understand this mathematical concept.

Lets say that I eat 2 tubs of ice cream per day. And then I come out and say I have a new "modern diet" and I say I am going to only eat 1 tub of ice cream per day. That means that I will be less bloated than I was before. Thats math. Learn math you fucking idiot.

Your logic is like saying that if microsoft came out with an os that was more expensive on system resources you could come out and cheer them on and say "wow microsoft windows has reallly become more minimal all of a sudden.

Somebody showed me "under the hood" of Windows 10 once and fucking christ it is filled with spaghetti code and mountains and mountains of garbage.

Whoever the fuck made it, it wasn't the same guys that made 7. They didn't even use the B team, it's like......E team.

Attached: 1464868650517.gif (248x153, 2.73M)

>I say
>believing a fat fuck who eats two tubs of ice cream a day
What I'm saying is you should take Microsoft's claim of eating less ice cream together with their claim of having a delicious new type of ice cream sandwich to mean Microsoft is a fat lying fuck and will eat the equivalent of three buckets of ice cream.

Still you are fucking retarded and you are so retarded that I don't believe you are being genuine.

With each release of windows from windows 7 to windows 8 to windows 10 to modern os each version has used less and less system resoruces. On a quarterly basis microsoft releases propoganda demonstrating their shit uses less than it did before. This should make their stock go up not down, because they are getting better and not worse.

Are they as efficient as linux? Fuck no. But they are catching up and that is good news, not bad news.

That's like if your girlfirend came and said "I lost 10 pounds" and you were like "god you fat ugly beast I don't want to fuck you anymore."