AdBlocking is FINISHED

Just a reminder that Google is planning on going forward with the removal of the blocking version of the WebRequest API in the upcoming Manifest v3. This effectively kills adblockers on Google Chrome going forward. Manifest v3 adblocking extensions will be so neutered as to be ineffective.

>I use Firefox
Firefox will likely switch to Manifest v3 as well.

>I'll just use X fork of Chrome or Firefox
These too will adopt Manifest v3, otherwise it will become impractical to include that latest features and bug fixes.

The AdJews are coming for your extensions.

Attached: uploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F838813%2Feb915844-2a0d-40e5-ba74-5614edc74c11.jpg%2F950x534__filters%3Aqual (950x534, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2019/05/30/google-just-gave-2-billion-chrome-users-a-reason-to-switch-to-firefox/#768cfa45751f
caniuse.com/#compare=firefox 69,chrome 77,safari TP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forbes.com/sites/kateoflahertyuk/2019/05/30/google-just-gave-2-billion-chrome-users-a-reason-to-switch-to-firefox/#768cfa45751f

Use a proxy or VPN that have blocking baked in.

Attached: 1531820736889.png (371x470, 355K)

Chrome is proprietary and closed source, Firefox is not and it's code is freely available to modify.

A huge percentage of EasyList is DOM based filters. You can't filter those ads using a proxy.

>Chrome is proprietary and closed source
No, only parts of it.

>Firefox is not
Firefox most definitely is proprietary. Its against copyright law to compile your own Firefox binary and distribute it.

You stupid fucking cucks have literally no idea how fucking full retard supporting Mozilla is.

>Chrome is proprietary and closed source
false. also, learn to read.

I just went with AdGuard's DNS servers. I miss
cosmetic filtering but it's great for devices that can't run ad blockers or don't run them well.

Oh no now people can't use services without paying for them. Grow up.

I don't care, I use lynx

Google already said there would be an enterprise workaround, so we just have to figure out how to use that.

It's a depressing future honestly. If I could turn back time 10 years to get even that internet back, I would.

enjoy your malicious javascript faggot

>become an enterprise
yeah, doesn't sound like a solution

can't we do what IceWeasel and Icecat and change the name and logo?

retard

Attached: Screenshot.jpg (997x228, 96K)

If you're that paranoid just use Noscript.

>being this retarded on purpose
Go back to LinusTechTips.

What browsers will weather the adblockpocalypse?

Malvertising is one of the biggest problems with the modern Web. Disabling JavaScript breaks a lot of core functionality on most sites now. Ad blocking gives you the most protection for the least amount of hassle.

none, that's the point.

Certainly not anything chromium based.
I'm hoping firefox doesn't give in but it seems their ass is in google's hands, so.
Worst case scenario only firefox forks and possibly some hipster browsers will survive.

Every Linux distro does this and gets away with it perfectly fine, I think you're full of shit.
Debian doesn't even do this anymore, now they just have normal Firefox in the repos.

then just use pi-hole nerd

idgaf. noscript or no browser.

Is it time to take the Midoripill?

What the fuck are you talking about? Firefox and Chromium are open source.
You're thinking of Opera.

Because they had to get permission.

Midori's ad blocker sucks and you can't install any others.

>Firefox will likely switch to Manifest v3 as well.
Sauce?

Pale Moon will never have Web Extensions or Manifest V3 so you can shove this thread up your ass, OP.

Attached: 1529002242066.png (453x443, 9K)

If Firefox adopts it then Pale Moon will either adopt it as well, or it will eventually not be able to incorporate patches from Firefox. So shove THAT up your ass.

Pale Moon has NOTHING to do with Firefox past version 60. Learn what a hard fork means, then hang yourself.

>Pale Moon has already hard forked

OK then faggot. If it hasn't already stopped receiving new features and bug fixes from Firefox then it soon will. Enjoy your shit browser.

A Chad.

>will stop receiving new features and bug fixes
Got any proof there, kike?

You want me to provide you with proof that as two code bases drift apart patches become incompatible? Is that what you are asking me?

>you need the pajeets at mozilla and google to maintain a browser product
I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post.

Modern browsers are more complicated than most operating systems. Some faggot ass like you isn't going to maintain and upgrade one.

>Modern browsers are more complicated than most operating systems.
You're fucking retarded.

Attached: 1539093851322.jpg (326x294, 34K)

Chrome currently has more lines of code than Linux 2.6.

>AD COMPANY WANTS YOU SHOW YOU ADS

REALLY MAKES ME THINK

>You're fucking retarded.
no u

>replying to a pol schizo
There are better ways to waste time

You're comparing a 2004 kernel to an operating system and have already lost the argument.
No argument.

Jokes on you, waterfox has two release channels one which is based on new FF and the other on FF56 before the SJW devs cucked it

Guess which one i'm using :^)

Attached: 1559596706108.jpg (300x250, 19K)

Palemoon's main dev is a furry sperglord with superiority complex. I wouldn't trust my shit on him.

Only Jow Forumstards will choose a Google/Mozilla controlled browser (companies they actively hate for censoring muh free speech and being le ebin trannies) just because they think furries are icky. Enjoy your forced ads, telemetry, NSA spying and no customization.

Attached: 1555407552863.png (500x590, 19K)

iirc Mozilla were the ones who reached out to Debian and gave them a license/permission to do their own Fx branded builds, along a few other major distros like Ubuntu

I'm ready to be done with the plebnet entirely.
Something like this might actually finally force me to.

absolutely dumbass reply

I'm on chromium on Debian, trannerfox sucks it overheats cpu. Adblocking done via DNS, so I'd say this is irrelevant for now.

We could bring Gopher back.

Safari

Attached: 1482443263882.png (552x543, 358K)

Outdated trash.

>source: my ass
It works perfectly fine. Fewer cancerous JavaScript features is actually a feature in my book.

They crippled add-ons with the release of Mojave. Add-on's lists can only have a maximum of 30000 elements.

I knew the decision to stick with Opera 12 would pay off one day.

>using mojav-gay

Well, fuck me, it looks no one is escaping the botnet. It’s truly over isn’t it?

>sandbox chromium
>send DOM, cookies, ads to /dev/null
>muh manifest becomes irrelevant
Yeah ok call me when they start encrypting everything

Attached: c16e8c5935e94c3c41e1baded59b0ef8f30c5b002327a5c6d590e0ab7033e13c.jpg (478x340, 17K)

Pale Moon, Basilisk and Borealis are on the UXP platform and thus are exempt from big tech's latest push against ad blockers and user choice. Other browsers are either dead or have Google/Mozilla upstream.

Microsoft Edge will save us from Google's monopoly.

Host blocking is very inefficient and easily thwarted. We need browser level control.

Nah man, the based beautiful GNUnet/Guix/Hurd future is coming.
Step up.

Attached: gnunet1556844055062.png (320x280, 30K)

>This chromium based browser will save us from Google's monopoly
Well meme'd.

It works for now.

>Outdated trash.
caniuse.com/#compare=firefox 69,chrome 77,safari TP

OpenBSD, F-Droid and Adnauseam's controversies with Pale Moon have proven that the developer is an idiot who tantrums when things are not done exactly his way and that he is not to be trusted.

Care to explain why?

can you just use an outdated version of firefox?

in the case of course that they give in

Looks like I'll be using OtterBrowser from now on.

You're putting the load of domain lookups and filtering on your network instead of the workstations. It's much cheaper to have the browser go through the tens of thousands of rules than your end router/firewall for every client. Basically, it doesn't scale well unless you have lots of cash.

Also, Google can serve ads through their own domains alongside their legitimate scripts, so blocking hosts can potentially break entire sites. Host blocking has no cosmetic filtering capability whatsoever, either.

Why would Firefox start using Chrome's API? Seems a bit far-fetched.

Where have you been the past 2 years? Mozilla literally deleted all their extensions and only accept Chrome ones now.

OP's ass.

In a world without adblocking, the one that allows it will reign supreme.

It's weird but Linux host files are faster than chromium lookups.

use their DNS on your router

I mean it is pretty much the most likely outcome. Firefox uses Chrome addon technology now, and Mozilla gets hundreds of millions of dollars from Google in search engine deals. Either way, when Manifest V3 arrives in Chrome the addons will have to adapt. If Firefox doesn't keep close parity with Google's changes, then what was the point of adopting WebExtensions in the first place?

Do you think if Mozilla tried to preserve ad blockers (which is harming Google's adsense business), Google would still be enthusiastic about giving them money?

Attached: 1532828367619.jpg (392x445, 120K)

How hard is it to make a web browser? Why don't Jow Forumsfags make one. I thought you faggots were autistic geniuses.

javascript

Someone should the firecucks about this and get their official statement.

yo, is there anything I can do about Jow Forums X loading so slowly on FF? It works great on Chrome and even Safari, but in FF with Violetmonkey it's slow af.

This is why I use a hosts file to block ads, way better than adblocker extensions

I'll make the logo!

Don't have to reinvent the wheel. Learn Mozilla's codebase (before they went and got cucked), make a pull request on UXP and improve that engine. Only if you know C++, JS and XUL. No Rust pajeets.

It's not as simple as wget | browser
You have to comply with a million false standards and DRM

HTML is extremely bloated and embedding a horrible scripting language in your program is difficult as well

Just edit the fucking host file in your system. (Only for Linux and Android)

What about brave? Will it suffer the same fate since it's Chromium based? I was planning to switch to that, or maybe even Safari

Attached: what.jpg (1920x1730, 323K)

*BADLY

Both will be cucked.

>using a browser with no timely security updates
you'd rather have this than a few ads?

Brave's CEO claims that they'll unblock the API in Brave, but if Google decides to completely remove the API Brave and all other Chromium forks will be fucked.
And Brave is shit that replaces Google's botnet with a botnet of their own.

What security updates has Pale Moon missed for any notable period of time?
Hard mode: no bringing up irrelevant shit that doesn't apply to the palemoon codebase like all the web extension vulnerabilities firefox has (LOL)

We're in an age where my 58 year old mum knows almost nothing about browsers, except that she will use the one that doesn't push ads into her face.
Even if Firefox caves in, some sperglord somewhere will make a browser that supports blocking ads, and then millions of sons and daughters will install that browser, however shitty it may be, on their parents' cheap notebooks.
"Yeah mum, I needed to change the internet icon so it doesn't show ads"

Google is completely mistaking how much their brand actually matters.

>>I'll just use X fork of Chrome or Firefox
> These too will adopt Manifest v3, otherwise it will become impractical to include that latest features and bug fixes.
Idiot, UnGoogled chromium will undo this shit.

>Firefox will likely switch to Manifest v3 as well.
No, it won't stop spreading FUD.