WTF APPLE

Memes aside, I used to love their industrial design, unironically.

Seriously, what the fuck happened?

Attached: cheese-grater-pro.jpg (1523x983, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animeright.news/tokumei/apple-releases-monitor-stand-for-1000/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I honestly have no idea. It really looks like they are trying to see how many of their customers have trypophobia.
Those ventilation holes look like something you'd expect maggots to crawl out of.

I mean, even the trash can pro looked somehow better than this...

Attached: slam.png (1114x1214, 828K)

animeright.news/tokumei/apple-releases-monitor-stand-for-1000/
I think the worst thing about this design is the way the metal bar clashes with the brushed metal.

Attached: itoddlers-btfo-768x461.jpg (768x461, 46K)

>Seriously, what the fuck happened?
Looks like skeuomorphism is making a comeback? It's a 2012 design being released today this year. There's better designs from other case manufacturers tbqh. Even the original mac pro design is still relevant, just have to make it space grey and call it a day.

Attached: powermacg5.jpg (1656x1200, 484K)

It's pretty bold though, you gotta admit. Doesn't really look like any other piece of tech.

The G5 still looks pretty good though...

It's not just the huge ugly holes: the handles are completely out of place, and those support legs look cheap as fuck. It really looks like some bad Chinese clone.

It looks like crap. Even GAMING Case for GAMERS never look this bad.

I mean sure, it "doesn't look like any other piece of tech", but that doesn't make it look good.

For example, (pic related) eating out of a toilet "doesn't look like any other restaurant" but that's not a 'bold' 'artistic' choice, it's just a desperate play for novelty.

Attached: BoldRestaurant.jpg (1280x850, 184K)

Only if you consider pic related "bold"

Attached: img61827729.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Looks great although cleaning dust from each hole sounds like a pain.

can't you guys afford it? what's wrong?

Attached: coping.png (2518x1024, 325K)

Based

Based and accurate.

I am a proud MBP owner and even I can say this new Mac Pro looks like shit, and it's not just my opinion: check Twitter right now and see for yourself.

cope

The aesthetics are fine, but it looks really inefficient for avoiding dust build up.

>I mean, even the trash can pro looked somehow better than this...

the trashcan was objectively an excellent design

leagues above this stupid piece of shit cheese grater they just released

Attached: sidewaysmacproverge.jpg (1600x840, 116K)

Trash can design would be acceptable as a mid grade Mac, not a pro machine.

>twitter as fact
whether you think it's shit or not this disqualifies you from having an opinion

looks like this new Mac Pro and the new iPad Pro are their new approach to design. I'm wondering if the new iphones will have sharp edges too

jesus fuck are we having a zelda cycle on these fucking things now

I'm pretty sure $4k of the $6k that thing costs was spent on 5-axis 3D machining those ridiculous holes.

>what the fuck happened
they ran out of braun shit to copy

Attached: 1530645571595.png (470x1300, 481K)

they heard a lot of people talking shit about 'cooling' and then said HOW IS THIS FOR COOLING BITCH

this dumb shit looks like it's just begging to get knocked over

I can't, but if i had a job of freelance video editing or some shit i could do this (at least in australia)

Let's say video editing gets me $50,000 a year.
of which $7,797 is lost to tax and $1000 to medicare so I'd have $41,203 in after tax income.
Well I want to spend $20,000 on a setup, gotta get that 6K monitor mang. I'll take out a loan at ~6%p.a. so that's $1200/y interest. Let's do our taxes.

Interest payments are deductible as long as there's a connection between the debt incurred and the taxpayer's earning activity, you +$1200 on your tax return
Computers and computer monitors are valid depreciating assets with an An effective life of 4 years (ATO ruling). Using straight line depreciation that's 20,000/4 per year as a deductible amount (assuming 100% business use) so that's +$5000 on your tax return

So now because of your loan you have a super expensive computer + $41,203/y + $6200/y coming in for the next 4 years, and assuming you use that $6200 to pay off your loan at the end of the 4 years you have the computer and no debt.

You can then sell that computer which causes somehting called a balancing adjustment since the value is supposed to be 0, but what that ends up doing is just adding that to your income so you have to pay your marginal tax rate on it. So say this hypothetical guy sold his Mac for $5,000 after 4 years, 32.5% of that is taxed and the rest is yours to keep as profit.
The lesson here is that if you have a job that necessitates expensive shit, it's actually a potential profit making scheme. The secret is to not try and deduct mroe than you pay in tax. because that's not possible. Now i dont know the exact rules in other countries, but i know the basics like depreciation and interest expenses being deductible are the same in america. You should probably look into it.

This is next gen apple gui, depth is coming back.

Attached: 321321.webm (1152x648, 367K)

that looks neat on camera, but if it's not an autostereoscopic display, it won't very convincing in real life

they should sell some cloth to hide it with
that is very ugly imo
seriously someone put a paper bag over it

Looks better in youtube videos, cool shit, I like it.

Path traced 3D elements by ambient lighting.

Coming to android near you with ~6 months delay.

>Coming to android near you with ~6 months delay.
hopefully not

>Path traced 3D elements by ambient lighting.
I see the apple planned obsolescence department has been struggling to find a way to make the iphone 7s have to work hard to run iOS

Then again other current workstations also don't look that good.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1920x1280, 191K)

Honestly everything is better than flat shit.

apple is here to prove that wrong, it would seem

>trypophobia

It's astonishing that Jow Forums thinks copying Dieter's designs is somehow shameful, like that image is a smoking gun.
Show it to an industrial designer and watch them laugh.

BEST APPLE PRODUCTS PURELY MEASURED BY INDUSTRIAL DESIGN, IN EACH CATEGORY

>macbook
2011 Macbook Pro

>iphone
iPhone 4S

>mac pro
G5

Can Jow Forums continue it?

I love Satania's little titties!

>little

the best Mac Pro is either the 2009 cheesegrater or todays.

This. They should make a trash can gamerz edition.

This, it's surprisingly unsettling for something made of Aluminum

gays.

I think that bar is structural as it runs through the whole enclosure.

Attached: https___media0ch-a.akamaihd.net_92_37_ae09d5a1c2cebaf48f9199f055cf528f-12-reasons-you-now-have-trypo (1000x665, 177K)

FaceID hadware has face and eye tracking to simulate 3D

>even remotely considering the opinions of anyone on Jow Forums when it comes to design

These people are literal autists who use FOSS and Thinkpads, that should tell you everything you need to know about their opinion on design. Go scroll through a desktop thread and you’ll see what I mean

They are little. Would fit in my hand perfectly.

Interdesting...

I don't think people fall for the "looks" anymore

Trash can. Cheese grater.
What's next?

Bad Dragon

i've f***** grills with much smaller boobs than that

I am a proud MBP owner and I can say the mac pro looks based as fuck and the banklets who can't afford it are SEETHING

How was it? My exgf had decent boobs, a bit larger than Satania's, but was a good fit for my palms

they were soft and cute
i'm not into giant droopy tits

G5 Case is still cool as hell. I'd be fine if they rehashed it. New one is a damn eyesore.

Seriously, what the fuck does it look like a cheese grater?

Neither am I. The smaller the better!

>let's waste our money on overpriced garbage so we don't have to pay a fifth of that in taxes!

>everyone: TRASHCAN SUX! BRING BACK THE GRATER! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT FOR ONCE!
>apple: alright fine, here's your cheese grater back. sorry.
>everyone: YO WTF IS THIS

Wrong.

>MacBook
2016 MacBook Pro.

>iPhone
Tie between iPhone 5S and iPhone X.

>Mac Pro
Trashcan. Come at me.

also
>iPod
iPod Nano G4

>iPad
2018 iPad Pro, 12.9"

>being proud of a computer you bought
bruh

>can afford a $1k monitor
*monitor leg

Attached: 1517154373525.jpg (413x395, 38K)

This unironically looks (at least) 10 times better than the new Mac Pro.

I don't give a fuck about their workstations. I just want to see them re-release the classic iPod, not that shitty iPod Touch. It's the only product I genuinely like from them

does this scare anyone? it looks pretty comfy to me

I would say they came back to this design because it was the best one and they won't do any "trashcan" design experiment anymore

>1k monitor
The base you say

>Looks like skeuomorphism is making a comeback?
i'm gonna club you to death with a dictionary, you fucking retard

How are the taxes so low there

Looks incredible.

> Interest payments are deductible as long as there's a connection between the debt incurred and the taxpayer's earning activity
WTF you communist.

the cheese grater, or the one on the left?

That's not how tax deduction works, you clown. Tax deductible items don't get subtracted from your tax payments, they get subtracted from your taxable income. So when you buy a $20,000 PC for four years you'll pay taxes on $45,000, not save $5,000 on taxes. Your actual savings will be some $800 a year.

>Implying cheese graters aren't tech

Attached: mpv-shot0003.png (640x368, 1.04M)