Best MacOS X Version?

So, Jow Forumsents, what is the best version of Mac OS X, and why is it v10.5 "Leopard"?

For me, it was the first version of OS X that combined all the nice concepts from earlier versions (Fast User Switching, Dashboard Widgets, Exposé, Time Machine, etc.) with good responsiveness and stability. And it ran on both x86 and PPC!

Mac haters: let us know which *nix you prefer and why Mac OS will always be shit.

Attached: Mac_OS_X_Leopard.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

based

Attached: kjfoewj.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Tiger and Snow Leopard are bestest, Leopard is the unloved and uninteresting middle child.

>Tiger and Snow Leopard are bestest
Why tho?

10.4.11 is the best for PowerPC Macs. It runs smoother on most machines and it has better aesthetics. For really old PowerPC Macs I would go with MacOS 8.6. For certain m86k Macs I have a soft spot for A/UX, even though it's pretty much useless.

For modern MacOS I liked Lion and Mavericks. Right now I run Mojave on my hackintosh desktop and High Sierra on a ThinkPad. They work fine.

Attached: 6aa.gif (467x398, 74K)

Tiger was lighter and (IMO) better looking, and Snow Leopard was faster than Leopard and didn't have the nu-Apple cancer that Lion and later have.

That reminds me - what's the oldest version of OS X that can still run current versions of web browsers and shit? I'm thinking if someone had an old Mac they still wanted to use to putter around.

I think the big boys still support Mavericks, Waterfox will work as far back as Snow Leopard, and then there's TenFourFox for even older Macs.

There's always TenFourFox for PowerPC systems with 10.4+ and Classilla for MacOS 8/9. Otherwise it's probably Mavericks/Yosemite or maybe El Capitan for Chrome/Firefox. Honestly if you're going to use an x86 system you should just hackintosh and use the latest version or one behind that for extra stability.

absolutely based for calling out nu-apple post SL

Install gentoo

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1550649579910.png (400x1650, 367K)

Was plebbit full today?

Jow Forumseddit was down for the whole day, we got like 200 Appletoddler threads.

Also LeopardWebKit

Install gentoo

absolutely based for calling out nu-apple post SL

I stopped using Apple after Snow Leopard. What went wrong after it?

I always use the latest version because i like to use the latest features and also because of communication between all my apple devices

The one in the pic you posted.

>what is the best version of Mac OS X
debian stable

Tiger
>UI looked better (although Panther's the best visually)
>PowerPC and Intel versions
>Classic mode

It's amazing how much they messed up EVERY FUCKED DETAIL afterwards.
No wonder. When they released the iPhone, their entire focus shifted and it has caused the death of macOS, which lost almost all of its unique apps that made it what it was and is now merely kept alive by foreign feeling cross platform apps where the mac port is considerably more buggy than the Windows and Linux version.

Also LeopardWebKit

Get bent

I think the big boys still support Mavericks, Waterfox will work as far back as Snow Leopard, and then there's TenFourFox for even older Macs.

There's always TenFourFox for PowerPC systems with 10.4+ and Classilla for MacOS 8/9. Otherwise it's probably Mavericks/Yosemite or maybe El Capitan for Chrome/Firefox. Honestly if you're going to use an x86 system you should just hackintosh and use the latest version or one behind that for extra stability.

Install gentoo

Was plebbit full today?

Everything.

I fucked your mother.

Yikes

I'm partial to Mountain Lion myself, Mavericks was also pretty damn comfy.

I fucked your mother.

Gentoo

macOS catalynka

>Mac OS X
The best is MacOS, not Mac OS X

Chrome requires 10.10 Yosemite to run the most current version now

chrome is trash, please quit Jow Forums now