/spg/ - Smartphone General

S9 edition
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: samsung-galaxy-s9-burgundy-red.jpg (570x600, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
github.com/DHM47/Native-Clip-Board
warehouse-offers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61_67
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Real Previous thread:

First for S8 Active

Is there a way to back up everything on my iPhone to an autistic degree, yet still make it easily accessible? Considering moving to Galaxy but too much of a fat lazy fuck to bother with the transfer.

No one knows. I think it is, but I have not experienced it on my phone

There's smart switch, which will transfer shit for you

K20 Pro global version launching next week
fucking finally

I manned up...

Attached: sfafaf.png (1340x650, 37K)

is the s10e the only modern phone for manlets

Attached: 1559631636.jpg (534x373, 36K)

best 18.5x9 or longer phone

What's the best place to buy chinkphones from yeurope nowadays?

Local resellers or in Xiaomi stores.

The regional Amazon stores (Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.it... etc.) often have Europe-wide shipping.

Is this the best way to block ads? im not going to root my phone.

Surprisingly enough, tall people tend to have smaller phones, while shorter people (and women) will always huge those huge phablets.

I have an S8. South Africa with no budget. Provider :Vodacom. Just want a comfy and somewhat long lasting phone. Bonus points for good audio quality. Any help?

Shameless request for recommendations. Want to replace my OP2:
Ireland
Vodafone
I'd like something with good battery life that charges quickly. A replaceable battery would be nice, but I know that's rare these days. Apart from that, no specific features; just a decent all round phone. I'd like something on the cheaper side, or I'd just get the latest oneplus. Thanks for any advice :^)

S10e

What's the best phone nowadays that fulfills as many of these as possible?
> 1080p screen
> headphone jack
> no notch
> no curved edges
> no glass on the back
> won't break like an egg if dropped
> has stock-ish Android with minimal bloat
> will get updates for at least 2 years
> has a fingerprint sensor
> less than $500
> available off contract
> compatible with at&t

sorry, forgot one thing: I'd like to be able to use usb sticks with it. That's something that was very lacking with my current phone.

Pixel 3a / 3a XL fulfills everything

Pocophone

damn, looks pretty good. I wonder if the lack of NFC will matter in a few years?

Thanks based user. I'll keep that in mind if I need to replace my Oneplus 3T. I'm hoping to hold onto it for at least another year or two but I like to have a backup plan in case it breaks unexpectedly. I don't really follow smartphones as closely as I used to, but i remember when the Pixel 1 and 2 came out they were both mercilessly mocked by the internet at large. The 3a looks a lot better though. Is that the general verdict? Is the 3a seen as a turnaround by?

I need a budget phone with a big screen for my mother, something that works with Cricket in the US and is around or less than 200 bucks.

Any suggestions?

do you know a good app that let me control an Android smartphone from a pc? I broke the display on my phone but half of it still works, I want to backup some things before trying to repajre it

K20 pro

Should I bite the bullet and update my phone to Android Pie?

Last phone I had did have NFC but after installing LineageOS I couldn't use Google Pay
ended up just using my bank's app and forgot about it
Android Beam is a gimmick

github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

is the OP7 ghost touch issue that common? Should I risk it and buy the phone anyway? I'm looking to upgrade but I'm on verizion so i'm p limited on what i can upgrade too because if i could i would try some chinkphone.

It hasn't happened to anyone I know.
It's a good phone user, but problems sometimes just happen no matter the phone. Social media will blow up shit like that, especially since the phone is competing with retards who spend thousands on their phones

i've never used it because my bank doesn't support it, but that'll probably change.

>gaymen phone

OnePlus has promised a fix for the ghost touch "in the upcoming weeks". If you're unsure about getting the phone then just wait to see if the fix actually fixes the problem.

github.com/DHM47/Native-Clip-Board
Is this any good?

so how much worse is s10e with exynos compared to 855?

Installed PE on my Mi Mix 3 and also Lawnchair + QuickSwitch Magisk module to retain the smooth animations, is this now the perfect phone?

Attached: 1532269647696.jpg (1100x1868, 367K)

Can confirm, am tiny with large phone and girlfriend has an ever larger phone while being even smaller.

What's the best phone for someone who listens to music all day?

Attached: 1478891399878.jpg (640x799, 131K)

a DAP

If you're an audiophile, LG v40 as they have a good DAC.
Otherwise literally anything mate, won't make much of a difference.

buy the v30 instead for a not shit battery while you get the same dac

Pie gestures suck, install Fluid Navigation Gestures for MIUI style gesture navigation and hide the navigation bar

I don't like third party gestures app as I'm autistic and don't enjoy the lack of animations that respond to input, I know it has the blob but the app window itself doesn't react to your input as it would in MIUI, on Q or on the iPhone.

Rate my new Motorola G7 power

Attached: IMG_20190603_100408.jpg (3072x1728, 682K)

This phone looks so godly in burgundy.

>but I know that's rare these days
that's obsolete these days, more like.

Just buy it.

Is the Note 9 the last true flagship ever made? It's been all chinky downhill shit from there.

what makes you think gookphones are better than chinkphones?

The Note 9 just werks. It looks amazing and had all the right hardware. Not to mention the gorgeous copper color. Now it's all chinee shit with gradient back colors, even Samsung fucked up.

It's too bad that OneUI is complete trash and Samsung phones have little developer support.

this place legit? I wanna buy a Note 9.

When will the Mi A3 come out and what specs will it have?

forgot link
warehouse-offers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61_67

>Note 9
>9
Checked! Holyshit!

Attached: 1537048367989.png (250x206, 17K)

That looks sketch as fuck.

what of those things got you the pixel calendar widget? that's the only thing i want for my phone right now

It's on by default with the launcher but you can add it to anything, just look under the Google section in widgets and you'll find the At a Glance widget.

I heard the Pixel phones overheat???

Most likely returns or defective in some way. I'd be careful on that risk there

Oneplus 7 Pro, Note 9, or Galaxy S10e?

Note 9, obviously.

cute notch

Redmi 7

OP7 if you like curved screens
note 9 if you think you'll ever be using the stylus
s10e if you like smol phones

STOP recommending holeshit.

no thank you
I've been leaning towards the OP7 pro, but the note 9 has been pretty tempting.

make me
you're just mad you can't ignore a tiny hole that the majority of users wknt even be paying attention to

All my crushes use Note devices
should I get a Note 9 too?

It will be either copy of Mi 9 SE or will be available next year as a copy of Mi 10 SE.

>accepting any hole at all in your display
tasteless cunt. We have in display cameras right now, fucking lol at this disgusting notchshit holeshit.

The app store has been down for me for about 3 hours. anyone else having the same problem?

>We have in display cameras right now
No we don't.

sure user, if that makes you feel better about your insecurities

Fine on my end.

please fucking save me from third world hell
>hmm the zenfone and the one plus are too expensive i'll go with the k20
>on second thought i just need a pocophone
>i-ill check where i can get a redmi note 7 for cheap
>eh, i didn't need a n-new phone anyway...

>no thank you
You'll thank me later, dear friend.

S9 is the best smartphone of all time

>s10e
>smol

It's small for 2019 standards

>S9
It's a funny way of spelling Redmi 7

Yeah well ok then I'm smart with my IQ sub 60 by 2019 standards

My gf has an iPhone 5se and it is really shitting the bed. She doesn't do anything intense with her phone other than browse internet.
What would be a good replacement. Nothing crazy high top of the line speccd out but something that is somewhat futureproof.
Burgerland. She is on Verizon

>gf
>she
Get. Out.

Galaxy S10e

Oh sorry.
>I have an iPhone 5se and it is really shitting the bed. I dont do anything intense with my phone other than browse internet.
>What would be a good replacement. Nothing crazy high top of the line speccd out but something that is somewhat futureproof.
>Burgerland. I am on Verizon

They're not for sale yet but they exist.
Cope

This is the Zenfone 6 and the $100 Moto E5

Attached: 1559657706.jpg (864x384, 104K)

Any reasons why I shouldnt get Redmi note 7 for this money?

...and then compared to a s10e. Don't buy the Zenfone 6.

Attached: 1559659140.jpg (864x356, 102K)

Ugly notch

if your current phone is still working it would be unnecessary to uprade
otherwise it's a good choice

Redmi 7 exists: more battery lifetime, somehow higher performance, not extremely fragile meme interface, smaller camera bump, $50 cheaper

No reason not to hide it with NachoNotch.

>720p screen
Yeah, no.
>not extremely fragile meme interface
What the fuck does this mean?
>Snapdragon 632 performing better than 660
What are you smoking?

Interesting, isn't the camera considerably worse tho

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-04-18-42-35-658_com.android.settings.jpg (720x1520, 163K)

Why are LG phones so much cheaper than any other non-chink phone?

I could get a G8, which has the SD855 for half the price of an S10. What am I missing?