Look, it's not about the OS, the "muh proprietary software", the price or other objective measurement. The truth is...

Look, it's not about the OS, the "muh proprietary software", the price or other objective measurement. The truth is, Macs are gay. They just are, I don't know what makes them this way, but everytime I'm forced to use one I feel like I've put on a pink T-shirt. That's the real reason so many people won't touch a Mac with a longpole. They're incredibly gay.
If you fail to notice this this means you're probably gay. Go get checked.

Attached: apple.png (283x293, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buttplug.io/
pcpartpicker.com/list/gQ49V6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ive been a loyal Apple products user for decades and maybe I can help explain why there are so many of us. As a photographer, I would say around 80% of us use Macs and although difficult for some to understand, its not about all about speed, specs, etc. with us. Its more about the experience.

Im sure for some thats hard to understand, but for Mac users its something we all understand and appreciate. Thats why we continue to buy their products.

'To those who don't care about the "experience" or can't understand the justification of a purchase because the "specs" just don't match up, I have to say that its something they just don't get, understand and/or grasp. They cannot relate to it and thats perfectly fine!

Many, many IT guys are drawn to PCs. Customization, easier to upgrade, not as expensive are all things that speak to PC people.
Beautiful products, aesthetics, design are a huge win for Apple and the people who use them. Everything from the packaging, the quality, the feel, the little things, details, finish, etc. Its hard to explain unless you "get it". Ever slammed the door on a Mercedes or BMW vs. a Ford Focus? Its kind of like that. You can get from Point A to Point B with both, but the enjoyment you get from one vs. the other is something you are willing to pay for. Much of it is really intangible. Liking the way it works vs. another product and how it works. Enjoying it and how it makes you feel. Thats how many Mac users justify the cost of the products we use.

Its not about being a status symbol for many of us. There is an intrinsic value that is very hard, if not impossible, to quantify.

Thanks for the opportunity to join in on your thread and I wish you the best in the future!

So basically you fell for their marketing brainwashing

Yes, we linux cucks wouldn't understand anything about the user experience, that's why we spend so much time ricing our setups

>They cannot relate to it and thats perfectly fine!
And you cannot relate to them because you're gay and that's perfectly fine!

You may be joking, OP, but a few years back, I saw the results of an actual study carried out by an Ivy League uni that found that 54% of Apple users ARE gay.

Ricers want to figure out what a good user experience is for them, Mac users want to be told what a good experience is.

the experience is objectively shit though, I've used macs throughout HS and uni, the OS is convoluted.

There's literally one thing it has up on Windows, and that's the fonts and general UI elements (not how the UI actually works). And it has nothing on Linux because you can customize that to be 10x more clean and shiny than iOS

I mean OSX

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x550, 38K)

I use apple products because i don’t have time to fuck around playing with software, drivers, the os, upgrading parts etc etc trying to ‘optimize and customize’ the experience (which most of the time actually means making it workable in the first place)

I buy a macbook, use it for work about 3 to 4 years, zero repairs, replacements and upgrades needed. I sell it for 40-50% of initial purchase and get a new one after 3 years of daily use.

Homo

>implying Intel Mac's aren't just shitty thermal-throttling PCs with an OS designed for homosexuals and Facebook users.
>Implying Hackintoshes don't exist
I'm not surprised tho, given the IQ of this post overall.
>quality
Butterfly keyboard, soldered RAM and SSD, 2010 GPU solder, bending phones, need I continue?
>hurr Durr, every company makes mistakes
No, and they especially don't blame their users

And no, I would never, ever, drive a BMW. Heated seats are nice but I won't die without them. Also, enjoy your electrical problems after 100K.

>i don’t have time to fuck around playing with software, drivers, the os, upgrading parts etc etc trying to ‘optimize and customize’ the experience
But that's literally what OS X represents nowadays. Yearly updates that literally break things irreversibly and without solutions, other than "deal with it" and "our App Store is new and shiny :)". Meanwhile: There's a Windows 7 user out there in this world, that installed Windows 7 in 2009 and still has all the security patches of today, all of his drivers still intact (including printers, which Apple will kill of many with 10.15) and even the latest Chrome or Firefox, while still being able to play shit like GTA 5, which you can only dream of.

You're delusional and that's not perfectly fine! Stop it! Get some help!

Very gay and very accurate post.

Linux cucks tend to be unironically autistic who get triggered by something not being in a way they want and don't even notice how shitty their stuff looks to outsiders. Applefags enjoy the more streamlined nature of the experience where a large part comes from not having to think about shit unrelated to their work and be surprised by how intuitive it works right out of the box.

You do realize that Apple provides security updates for older MacOS versions, right? No one is forced to update shit.

For laughable 3 years, yes.

You can't teach me anything about operating systems, I know what I'm talking about.

MACFAGGOTS BTFO

Attached: 1558603101970.gif (520x293, 2.52M)

The 2012 mac is getting the 2019 os Catelina update. Even if made obsolete next year the 3 years of security patches would make it a 10 year security software support. It’s fine who the fuck uses the same computer for work for 10 years without upgrading.

>The 2012 mac is getting the 2019 os Catelina update.
I said updates break software, retard. Are you that dense?

Catelina is not a security update, it's an update breaking thousands of apps, including the majority of Mac videogames.

Yes, videogames. They've all been OpenGL and 32 Bit on a Mac. And now they're broken on the 2012 mac, just because you needed an updated version of SSL.

But yadda yadda, what else you got? What else you gonna ignore of my postings?

see that’s the problem, you want to play video games and worry about what webbrowser you use. These are non issues for most users. I don’t fucking play video games and i don’t worry about what fucking browser i’m on. It’s a tool for work and it just needs to do it’s job. If the printers are fucking up i text the it guy.

Then don't reply to things you don't understand and get back to work. You're not getting paid for disrupting conversations on Jow Forums.

>getting rid of legacy bloat and giving gaymers the finger in one move
Based as fuck.

>paying devs out the ass so that they give you the finger
So smart and well thought through!

I mean they really are just shit computers. Everything is just so..... unnecessarily stupid ? It fees like a computer made for special Ed people.

Soon you'll think about how I stole your favorite trick.

Anything worthwhile switched to 64bit and Metal ages ago.

Many applications, even 64 Bit ones that don't need Metal, stopped working with OS updates. Were they badly programmed? Maybe. Would they break without unnecessary updates every 12 months? Definitely not.

If the devs can't be assed to support their product with an upgrade at least once a year, why would you want to use their shit? And sure, sometimes there is some kind of rare thing that no one else bothered to do; but generally it's not a problem for majority of users.

Apps worthwile will get updated and improved, obsolete apps will be abandonware.

If you like games so much why even worry about macs enough to argue about them om the internet, just go complain on a video game forum about the support for all these apparently amazing games for mac from 2012 or whenever you were gaming on a mac for some reason.

>just go complain on a video game forum about the support for all these apparently amazing games for mac from 2012 or whenever you were gaming on a mac for some reason.
Where do you think you are?

I'll react the same way when shit breaks for you: I'll just shrugs my shoulders. Tough luck buddy!

Jow Forums

>I'll react the same way when shit breaks for you:
Hey, it happened with some gimmick to watch core temp and fanspeed back in the day. I survived.

Oh, and more importantly, outside of the Apple garden, I even survived winamp dying. Shit happens, bro.

I don't care for mac or applets too, but can you please make a more intelligent post about it next time? Thx

Why would you need a gimmick to tell you you're shit is overheating and the fans can't do anything about it? Don't you know that already?

Mostly for stress testing out of curiosity.

Look, mate, you simply don't want to acknoledge it. I can see that, everybody else can see that, the rest of the apple-centered web is like you.

The problem with you people is, you drag people into your steaming pile of shit. That's the problem. You're in denial of the stench of planned software obsolesence and play it down, for no obvious reason. What's there to gain for you? Do you own stocks, so that you have to let Apple be the good guys constantly? You know, those apps, they break for you as well. You know, those devs, they have a live as well. Maybe they don't want to update every single one of their 20 freebies in their portfolio every 12 months? I'm upset they break for both of us and you're dumb enough to say "This is fine." Even worse, people like you depict me like some kind of idiot.

Most people have no idea what a wealth of applications Mac OS X has to offer. There are cheat engines, trainers, programs to modify RAM in applications on the fly. So fucking many things you probably didn't even know were possible, as you think WinAmp was a good music player. Problem is: These applications are all spread around 15 versions of Mac OS X now, because every single one of those tools was made by some dev who eventually came to the conclusion "fuck this shit, I'm not getting paid for this and apple broke it again! I'm not updating this anymore".

And that is the problem most macfaggots apparently fail to see. Even worse, they deny it's happning or a big deal. They've probably not even known AppleScript Editor.app does exist, but say you lose nothing when updating to 10.14 and beyond.

Beware of mactoddlers, they're the worst.

Attached: iCabTemp-1546397823.jpg (1280x1280, 404K)

>You know, those apps, they break for you as well.
Then I'll use modern, up to date alternatives that exist for basically everything.
>Maybe they don't want to update every single one of their 20 freebies in their portfolio every 12 months?
So support the devs who make shit you like, so they have the resources to keep their stuff up to date.
>There are cheat engines, trainers, programs to modify RAM in applications on the fly.
And all of that shit is irrelevant for most macfags. It's not like I think you're an idiot, you just picked a suboptimal OS for your needs if THIS is the stuff you care about.

With MS being anal about keeping up with legacy bloat, I'm glad that there is an alternative when the company looks forward and cuts off shit that's not necessary for majority of their users. (If legacy-fags were a large enough part, they could've voted with their wallets)

>Then I'll use modern, up to date alternatives that exist for basically everything.
Why? Why pay double? Why not proceed using what you already bought? Besides, some applications have no alternative. There are some things that are dead forever, artificially deadified.

See? Denial.

>legacy bloat
Do you work at Apple or Microsoft and work at their operating systems? No? Then you never ever see that legacy bloat with your own eyes. (What does legacy bloat even mean in your mind?). These devs are amongst the best paid devs in the world, so they should act like that instead of saying "Meh, I'm too lazy and, after all those years, also bored of maintaining this and keeping it running.".

Legacy bloat is none of your business as an end user. You never even realized it existed until you read some tech news article mentioning that word combination for the first time. Stop parroting 9to5mac staff. They own stocks and earn money when you fall for their ruses. That isn't in your best interest, but theirs.

>Why not proceed using what you already bought?
>implying I'd spend money on digital stuff

>There are some things that are dead forever, artificially deadified.
Shit happens. If they are THAT important for you, you could stay on older versions and take the risk.

>Then you never ever see that legacy bloat with your own eyes.
It still affects security and performance, AND the more complex a system is, the more likely is it that it'll have bugs. Shit, even the higher install size isn't worth it. Even shit like PowerPC support is like wasted 100mb+ Fuck that.

>These devs are amongst the best paid devs in the world
Doesn't change the fact that no company will spend more resources than absolutely necessary. So I'd rather have the devs work on new stuff and cut off as much old crap as they can afford without pissing too many people off, specially with MacOS pretty much being in maintenance mode anyway.

>Legacy bloat is none of your business as an end user.
Why obviously it is. Take the whole x86 cancer. If they could afford to drop it, we'd have ARM Macs by now.

>>implying I'd spend money on digital stuff
A leech that has the audacity to give his a-okay for wrecking other peoples applications and workflows!

You also said you only work with your Mac. If you work with your Mac, you don't Pirate. It's that simple. Check yourself before you shrek yourself.

>Even shit like PowerPC support is like wasted 100mb+ Fuck that.
They preinstall zip, bash, Siri, Photo Management, Music Management, Podcast Management, iPhone Management, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, iCloud with built-in Excel, Powerpoint and Word, Texteditor, Graphing Program, 2 calculators, a flight search engine, a stock appliaction, a news application... The list goes on and on. If you want a lean system, you picked the wrong one. Install Windows 7 or debian. They have nothing, you have to install everything by hand. They're lean. Much faster than OS X, much more responsive, even when only virtualized withing OS X. No bugs, stable (ask every Win 7 user today or just use the web, it's powered by debian). You picked the wrong OS, not me. You never thought your arguments through. It's obvious to me as I've been where you are right now.

>Doesn't change the fact that no company will spend more resources than absolutely necessary.
Money first? Above you? You didn't quite think through for who you are arguing, right? Because you aren't arguing for your own gain there.

>So I'd rather have the devs work on new stuff
Same, but they don't. They replace, they don't add. Or are you the first person on this planet that celebrates Stocks.app?

>x86 cancer hurr durr what's an iPad
Your opinions are hereby disqualified.

Yes yes, denial and "I don't get it? Why you so mad?"-babble. All in all just the worst.

Attached: I+aint+gonna+dab+i+watch+him+from+_965c25e7851d52aaebddee0a71e923cab.jpg (836x543, 66K)

>a piece of metal and plastic is homosexual
You seriously need a life if you have to project your faggot fantasies on inanimate objects. It's not just you - it appears to be a Jow Forums-wide coping mechanism.

>the audacity to give his a-okay for wrecking other peoples applications and workflows
Pretty sure I do pay for MacOS by buying the hardware, so yeah. I got muh vote.
>If you work with your Mac, you don't Pirate. It's that simple.
But user, I'm self-employed, not some wagecuck who got Mac from my job. There is zero reasons not to pirate. Not that I even had to pirate stuff for my work, it's the usual fun software like Logic and CS for playing around.
>If you want a lean system, you picked the wrong one
Most of the stuff you named is useful, a lot of it deletable and the stuff that isn't pretty small. Not ideal but hey, worth it compared to some cancer like Win7/Debian that is barely usable.
>Much faster than OS X, much more responsive
Nah, the horrible UI alone makes that impossible.
>Because you aren't arguing for your own gain there.
I'm not arguing for anyones gain. Just pointing out how it's obvious to cut support for old shit when you can afford it due lack of negative consequences since majority of your users don't care about it either.
>They replace, they don't add
Well, tabbed finder is a while ago ... they added dark mode recently, with a cute live wallpaper! And the whole filesystem change that went perfectly fine for most. While further slimming down the install. And, the coming tablet as screen thing.
More importantly, HS and Mojave were mature even in the dev beta, which would be less likely if they had to support legacy bloat.
>what's an iPad
A tablet for one. That lacks a decent keyboard cover, trackpad and has a tablet os UI that fills half of the screen. If they fix all that, I'd be happy to switch but an ARM Macbook would be lovely too, and if cutting off x86 is what it takes ... it'd be totally worth it.
>"I don't get it? Why you so mad?"
I totally get why you'd be mad over them cutting the shit you like. I don't get why you don't see that most people don't and are actually happy with recent developments.

>I totally get why you'd be mad over them cutting the shit you like. I don't get why you don't see that most people don't and are actually happy with recent developments.
I see that and I tell them "You could've been even happier right now".

Now farewell, Mr. Shill. You're in a gay thread, btw.

The buttplug you're wearing right now is also "just plastic", and yeah, it's incredibly gay

buttplug.io/

Weak points, not worth paying $5k premium.
You're just a cuck

>Base Mac Pro with 8 core Xeon CPU, Rx580 and 35Gb of 2900mhz RAM
$5999

>a PC that shits all over it
pcpartpicker.com/list/gQ49V6 - $1057
Macs are a fucking scam. Can't believe people fall for it.

Nice EEC RAM you got there.

It's a work/game station, not a fucking server.

I agree. The shakedown is like this:

PC: business

Mac: art

Linux: tech

To you retards that think that Windows is “more techy” than MacOS, you are extremely incorrect. The OS is JUST as locked down. It’s just optimized for business and corporatism, while MacOS is optimized for creativity. Yeah, macOS is “gay”, but Windows isn’t much better. You can only choose one file system format (NTFS), you have OneDrive and CandyCrush built into the OS, and with things like group policy and AD, it shines in a enterprise environment. MacOS is great for photography, graphic design, music production, etc.

They fit different needs. It’s still hella gay tho and I would never buy this shit, but that’s because it’s not made for me. It’s made for my girlfriend and my artsy fuck younger brother. It’s the same reason why my gf doesn’t use Linux.

Yeah, no, that's not how it works, friend. Go back to /v/.

Mostly right but let's not forget that you literally need a mac to make apps for their app store, which makes like 90%+ of the app bucks.

Most retards who buy into Mac Pro will never utilize 32Gb or RAM, not even talking about 128 or more. ECC is utterly pointless.

>implying you know a single person who bought one

I'm not from US, so no. People are not retarded where I live.

So basically you talk out of your ass? Glad you're honest about it.

I don't need to know anyone dumb enough to overpay for mediocre hardware to know it's a bad deal.

>still gets 6h battery life
Pretty gay indeed.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-04 at 13.04.16.png (579x102, 20K)

> You can only choose one file system format (NTFS)
Correction: you can *install* Windows 10 only on a disk with NTFS.
>you have OneDrive and CandyCrush built into the OS
LTSC all the way

Swap the battery, so that you can enjoy the Macbook like when it was new!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 13.25.29.png (364x204, 117K)

They actually seem pretty easy to replace, will just take a while to remove all the glue.

Thank god it's glued in! Otherwise it would've fallen out!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 13.33.16.png (376x187, 133K)

Exactly! It doesn't even need a stand.

based

Seems like pasta, but it makes sense. I for one prefer windows as I do play games every now and then, and has done for two decades, meaning windows has always been the first choice automatically, but it is the same kind of choice. This is how people should choose their computer and operating systems imo - based on what they want out of them, no matter what that happens to be.

hets so fragile like

Attached: 1537205098634.jpg (480x480, 41K)

>Win7/Debian
>barely usable
I don't think this is irony, I think the average mac user actually chooses mac because they find windows too confusing, and are actually unable to use it. This is probably why women tend to prefer macs as well.

> Its more about the experience.
You fell for their marketing. The "experience" is just "premium feel" of paying extra money. I've used mac a bit and it's feels like a bad freebsd version

It's as much confusing as just annoying and shit at basically everything. I've been using Windows since fucking 3.2, and since then it barely improved on the UI side and even went down with 10 and their usage of 3 different styles.

How long did it take until Windows had something as basic as mounting isos or being able to look at pdfs in explorer?

It's true. When using MacOS I can't get rid of the feeling that it assumes I'm stupid. Whenever yet another dumb shit in OS frustrates me and I ask why would anyone design this feature in this way the answer is always "because it makes sense to stupid people"

>Thanks for the opportunity to join in on your thread and I wish you the best in the future!
Look at this Applel-using homosexual trying to be nice. What a homo

>being this obsessed with maintaining a masculine image

Ive been a loyal Apple products user for decades and maybe I can help explain why there are so many of us. As a photographer, I would say around 80% of us use Macs and although difficult for some to understand, its not about all about speed, specs, etc. with us. Its more about the experience.

Im sure for some thats hard to understand, but for Mac users its something we all understand and appreciate. Thats why we continue to buy their products.

'To those who don't care about the "experience" or can't understand the justification of a purchase because the "specs" just don't match up, I have to say that its something they just don't get, understand and/or grasp. They cannot relate to it and thats perfectly fine!

Many, many IT guys are drawn to PCs. Customization, easier to upgrade, not as expensive are all things that speak to PC people.
Beautiful products, aesthetics, design are a huge win for Apple and the people who use them. Everything from the packaging, the quality, the feel, the little things, details, finish, etc. Its hard to explain unless you "get it". Ever slammed the door on a Mercedes or BMW vs. a Ford Focus? Its kind of like that. You can get from Point A to Point B with both, but the enjoyment you get from one vs. the other is something you are willing to pay for. Much of it is really intangible. Liking the way it works vs. another product and how it works. Enjoying it and how it makes you feel. Thats how many Mac users justify the cost of the products we use.

Its not about being a status symbol for many of us. There is an intrinsic value that is very hard, if not impossible, to quantify.

Thanks for the opportunity to join in on your thread and I wish you the best in the future!

>Be me
>Gay
>Up until now I've exclusively used Linux
>See this post
wtf now I want to install macOS and use a Mac

Do it, faggot.

>he doesn't use a macbook in the field and a pc at home

TOP KEK