Are you a RAMLET?

Reminder that if you don't have at least 384GB of RAM in 2019, you're a ramlet. 1.5TB is the optimal amount of RAM that should last about 2 years, and the Mac Pro which is inside a micro ATX case has that configuration.
> inb4 too expensive
wait, are you poor?

Attached: heh.png (2888x1696, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/hp-unveils-z8-workstation-with-3tb-of-ram-and-48tb-of-storage/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have 8 gigs of ram.

I have 16GB but I need more because I constantly run out during work, think I'll go for 64GB this time

You use that much ram for ultra-hd video editing, machine learning, or anything else that uses heavy gpu compute. Once I get a 3900X, my overnight BEM simulations could easily swallow 256GB, and that's without any GPU involvement.
The mac pro is not a consumer product and obviously no one expects this to be some sort of new de facto amount.

Fucking boring thread.

ok but how much deditated wam do u wecommend??

Attached: wamlet.jpg (286x286, 53K)

send torrent to download ram

great, now lazy devs won't even bother to put free or delete in their code, since they now have plenty of ram

>has 1.5tb of ram
>still gets 256gb of ssd

Upgraded to 32 once I started running up against 16 and haven't had any issues yet

> not paying 4 grand for the 4TB upgrade

Desktop PCs and workstations don't have the same needs and never have. A 2020-proof desktop PC built today would have 32GB of RAM and a 3000-series Ryzen. 16GB is still adequate but, like 8GB in 2015, might not be for long.

yeah, why not? If you're video editing and all your assets are on network storage, even 256gb ssd is overkill.
that is a very common situation.

Shit with that I could log into 2 more instances of Slack

>2017
>HP unveils Z8 workstation with 3TB of RAM and 48TB of storage
LMAO

>zdnet.com/article/hp-unveils-z8-workstation-with-3tb-of-ram-and-48tb-of-storage/
well I'll be damned.

at the money this shit asks for you practicly can get a fucking radeon pro ssg and a whatever mediocre pc to slap it on and get done quicker

If you don't have at least 4000 terabytes then you're a ramlet.

lol

I have never had more than 4GB of RAM.

holy shit, what a turd you are.

HP gives you a 500gb hdd on their customisable version

You can't get 1.5TB ram unless you go to a specific CPU which is 4 cores less than apples

>$68340.00
>500 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" HDD
>NVIDIA® QUADRO® P400 (2 GB GDDR5, 3 x Mini DisplayPort 1.4) Graphics

Yeah apple so fucking bad

>Double socket machine