youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT or home server usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: being good doesnt matter.png (1322x948, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

es.aliexpress.com/store/product/PLEXHD-X79-Turbo-motherboard-LGA2011-ATX-combos-E5-2660-C2-4pcs-x-4GB-16GB-1600Mhz-PC3/1856202_32955989709.html?spm=a219c.12010615.8148356.3.21647e53xmGcWm
amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CG2PGY6/
amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C5LRQD3/
download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_siv_B19.0304.1.zip
ebuyer.com/877353-msi-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6gb-oc-graphics-card-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6g-oc
pcpartpicker.com/list/yqpF7W
twitter.com/AnonBabble

860 evo ssd has fallen to 135 eur on amazon.de, I'm planning to build in july but still I doubt the price will get any lower then

1tb 860 evo*

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, or Corsair H100i v2? Goal is making things quiet.

I've been running a Ryzen R7 1700 since release, and the stock fan is starting to whine a bit at me when under load. Can't hear my GPU (1070 Seahawk X) or case fans (ML120).

NH-D15S

Ryzen 2600 for 145$ is worth it? Im not shelling out for 3gen ryzen unless 3600 not much more than 2600 now

no

I lowered my tRFC by 16 and yet all my numbers were worse on AIDA64

Interesting, guess it's fine as is

Isn't that still 15 euro more than an MX500?
Are you a dumb brandfag or what are you asking?

DR Pro4 is more quiet than the h100 by far. how is that even a question?

>Is a CPU that's better than what Intel used to charge $350 for, for only $145, worth it
What sort of answer are you expecting? I'm not sure I understand the question. It's 6c/12t with better than Haswell IPC for cheap. It's not really worth buying anything lesser than it with how cheap it is.

You may be running into seek misses and getting delays due to retries. Memory is complicated. Why do you think there are dozens of subtimings? For things like that.

I posted this issue about a week ago and did some more testing
>Z390 Mobo was having a short-circuiting issue with my Rx580 GPU
>Swapped EVGA 650w with Corsair 650w
>PSU wasn't the culprit
>Swapped my Rx580 with my old burned out r390 and it still short circuited
So is it safe to say the Mobo is the culprit?

Attached: Confused.png (870x720, 918K)

Yes.

Sandy boomer here, been out of the loop since haswell came out.

>DR Pro4 is more quiet than the h100 by far. how is that even a question?

It's been yonks since I've looked at parts (i.e. before the DR Pro4 release). I build this sucker when Ryzen launched, and have done nothing new to it since then aside from swap out the stock fans for MLs. Thanks for replying though.

>short-circuiting
Are you seeing sparks flying, smoke, exploding components?

Here's my timings.
I don't know how much more I can tighten them, but tRFC does better at 516 than 500.

Attached: RAMtimings6.png (508x763, 26K)

Well, there was a pop the first two times, a fire the first, and now it just fizzles out after a second or two.

Wow yeah all your shit is fucked. Nice job.

But I didn't do anything wrong

Guys, I'm building a PC specifically as my first Linux machine. Now all that's left is low end GPU. Which brand one would you recommend - AMD or Nvidia? Which has better drivers (don't care if proprietary)?
Is GDDR3 memory good enough to capture 1080p video playing on screen (via OBS or whatever)?

Attached: linux.png (1029x693, 233K)

AMD + AMD, Nvidia drivers have troubles with screentearing
take AMD especially if you ever intent to do gpu passtrough

Guys just recently got a whole new machine i put together and the fans are driving me crazy. At first it was just a loud old HDD so i replaced that with an SSD but now its like a whirling sound coming from what must be the CPU fan (evo 212).

Im not sure if ive just set my fan curve bio settings wrong but they are all just on normal.

Set up a manual curve in your bios then?

I think this is what fucked them up in the first place, i have a ryzen 5 2600 can you suggest a % for it to really kick in?

I just build my first PC. Fucking ruined every bit of the process, installed the heatsink like 3 times, took me 5 hours total. Still, it posted on the first attempt.
feelsgoodman

Retryarooni

Attached: 1551240191569.jpg (2508x3544, 495K)

What board? Some are fucky and use wrong values in the fan curve settings.

Gigabyte b450 elite

Are you that same guy from yesterday? stop autistically stressing over your timings

Return that piece of shit mobo then

dunno much about gigabyte, try set like 30% fan speed at 40c, 50% at 50c, 75% at 60c and 100% at 70c or something like that?

Is my GPU fucked? Not something I'll cry over since it was a better heater than a space heater.

Hard to tell without being able to eyeball it m8

I've never really paid attention to fan noise levels before i built this, but is it normal to hear them at all times, like a close whisper i guess? Ideally I want it to be silent.

Does it look toasty on the PCIe connector?

Just work on your fan curves, you should be able to get it near inaudible at least when idle or low usage.

Thinking of getting this for a new home server:

es.aliexpress.com/store/product/PLEXHD-X79-Turbo-motherboard-LGA2011-ATX-combos-E5-2660-C2-4pcs-x-4GB-16GB-1600Mhz-PC3/1856202_32955989709.html?spm=a219c.12010615.8148356.3.21647e53xmGcWm

The price is ridiculous compared to a new Ryzen/Intel with ECC memory and this is going to be a headless machine with 56TB of data.

I need a somewhat powerful server for 4K transcoding, VMs and simulations.

Do you think is worth it?

That's the thing, without opening it, everything looks A-Ok. The only burn damage I can find is pic related.

Attached: IMG_20190604_073749499.jpg (3000x4000, 1.2M)

So what ar the chances of the RX5700 actually not sucking for once? I mean the latest Radeon VII is a fucking failure.

Is that | toasty thing the PCIe connector?
V

right now just using firefox my cpu temps are at 35, so the fan is running at 30% right now and its noticeable. Im not even actually sure its letting my change the minimum speed for the CPU, the pc fans i can switch off completely but not the CPU.

nigger what
well i guess you could try it

Attached: 1558550679840.jpg (645x671, 81K)

(That was meant to be an arrow but formatting here is fucky without a keyboard.)

It's just a cheap shit fan then? Throw a noctua on there if you want it to be quiet.

is 35 high? Its a 212 evo, was only about £25. Using the paste i got with it too.

>buy RTX 2080 Ti
>it's louder than a fucking jet engine even in a well isolated case
did I get memed by zotac or are they this way in general?

35°C is not high at all. I'm idling at 41°C atm, but that's because its fucking hot as hell in general.

Is there any software that would work for Gigabyte B450 Elite mobo for controlling fans from desktop? I have Speedfan but it just doesn't recognize any of them.

Speedfan simply won't work for some mobos. I have the same issue with my MPG z390 pro carbon. I always have to go in the UEFI.

No that's relatively low if anything.
Drop on of these cunts on it if you care that much about noise. amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CG2PGY6/
Or this fancy bastard if you're feeling really spendy amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C5LRQD3/

download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_siv_B19.0304.1.zip

This doesn't answer much of anything

is there a difference between them?
Call me a brandfag if you will, I have a 840 evo and 860 evo since I grabbed them cheap and I was afraid to go for other brands like adata or similar. If mx500 is indeed the same as 860 evo I'll gladly go cheaper for ssd that will last me a few years

Please say HWiNFO and RyzenMaster are still reporting temperatures with a +20C offset.
I don't want to be idling at 48C.

I actually coming to think its the GPU. Its set on auto but doesnt seem to drop below 47%. I have a MSI 1660ti.

for X cpus there is still an offset, i think it was 10c for 2nd gen though?

low

Try a manual curve with afterburner on it then? Assuming it doesn't have 0db mode.

It's a Ryzen 5 2600. Fuck.

Have you overclocked it? What cooler?

Yeah trying that now but doesn't look like its letting it drop.

Thanks!

No overclock, aftermarket cooler. I probably botched the installation/paste.
Although I haven't put any fan curves, that might be it as well.

afterburner can be a fag sometimes, try another maker's tool like asus gputweak

Yeah it looks like anything below the yellow line isnt valid. If i put the minimum up above it it will start ramping but below nothing.

Ill try asus gpu

Attached: reeee.png (411x761, 19K)

still trying to find some fans that can work for me.
is there no such thing as a push fan? they are all pull designed?

lol what, all fans push by design. Stop being autistic and looking at the back of your case for no reason?

this is upsetting, looks like it cant be changed from 47...

Attached: reee2.png (658x448, 50K)

>1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU
Which one

it's not on the back.
I find it hard to believe in this era of extreme riced out fans where people spend 100$+ on a 3pack of fans purely for LEDs and hundreds on fan rgb controllers that no company has made a fan that looks decent from the push side.

I can only assume it's one of those super cheap cards like the armor with a milled aluminium heatsink?

It's a fan. Even aesthetics fags seem happy with a LED ring around it. The frame being visible isn't really a problem.

ebuyer.com/877353-msi-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6gb-oc-graphics-card-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6g-oc

It's this fucker.

If there is no way for me to change the minimum speed im going to see if i can return it. It is seriously way too loud to not notice, its like having a cooling fan for yourself when its hot.

Is ITX a meme? It seems like the market is really only supporting ATX or ITX, but mATX is the odd man out. So im leaning towards ITX, maybe like the ncase m1. But this shit doesnt fit big cards or CPU coolers

Yeah that's a worthless milled alu block alright. They probably force it to run with that minimum fan speed so it doesn't burn.

Am i able to return a GPU on ebuyer just cause of this reason? I mean, ill buy another instantly kek

Honestly you picked the wrong vendor, ebuyer are fussy cunts with returns.
What you could but SHOULDN'T do because it's NAUGHTY and UNETHICAL is buy a card you want from amazon warehouse deals, stick yours in the box and return it as an incorrect item.
But of course you'd never do such a thing.

worst part is i was gonna get the asus version but fags on here said strix was bad, even got suggestions for the ventus

Just got a ryzen 5 1600. How bad are the stock CPU fans? I have $30 to spare on a CPU fan if it's necessary.

>1600

why? that shit is outdated as fuck and isn't even better than a haswell i5/i7. should have got at least a 2600 or waited literally 4 weeks for ryzen 3000 series to launch.

as for the stock cooler if its the wraith spire it's good enough unless you're doing heavy overclocking with high voltages but for stock boost its fine, runs cool and very quiet.

If you're going for a gaming rig, go for a 3600X, the IPC performance is significant enough for the upgrade.

What is or was the best MATX case with at minimum 2 ODDs? Preferably no windows.

Was on sale at microcenter for $80 and I'm a poorfag.

fair enough. make sure to get an overclocking capable motherboard (b350/b450) and 16gb ram preferably at around 3000mhz to get the most from the processor.

Here's my build:
pcpartpicker.com/list/yqpF7W
Are there any glaring issues?

>Sabrent - 256 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

never heard of this brand so it would probably be best to avoid it. if you want a cheap SSD check out ADATA.

>Sapphire - Radeon RX 590 8 GB PULSE Video Card
terrible value and a space heater (uses more power than a gtx 1080 for barely 5-10% more performance than a regular rx 580. either get an rx 580 for $200 or less, or get a gtx 1660 ti for around $270.

the power supply is a bit shit but i guess it will do.

Can't i just take 3600 and overclock it?
Im a poorfag so im going to cheap on motherboard anyway (B450M-HDV probably)

That board is REALLY not suitable for overclocking.
So no.

H500 or define s?

Got the 590 for $160, thought it was a pretty good deal, but if it's going to fuck my electricity bill then I'll return it. Thanks user.

$160 is terrible value for a 590 considering you can get a 1660 ti for around $10 more and you're looking at gtx 1070/vega 56 performance with that 1660 ti. so yeah i'd recommend returning it.

if you're trying to save money as much as you can and are willing to sacrifice futureproofing and long term performance (~2 years) then you can always go for a $200 rx 580 or a $140 rx 570 (and OC the 570 to ~580 performance). i'd still go for the 1660 ti personally myself though just for that little bit of extra longevity seeing as its way faster.

Attached: gpu.png (1000x810, 223K)

shit wait never mind i read that as $260. $160 is pretty decent for a 590 actually.

>1660Ti for $170
WHERE?
Oh right you were too busy shilling to even notice how fucking retarded you are lol

huh?

Since I already have the card, wouldn't it be just easier to under bolt the 590 to 580 specs to decrease power draw? iirc 590 is marginally more power efficient than 580 at same clock speeds

yeah you could do that. try undervolting and overclocking to get the best efficiency/performance as well. see what kind of OC other people are getting and then find a midrange between stock and those OC whilst also undervolting.

Want help?
Yes.
>State the budget & CURRENCY
4000 euros
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
Video Editing
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
Editing 4k 200mbs video and a lot of color

you can buy several sex slaves for that much money

But it's fun user

Don't you know vega 56 is a 165W part?! Obviously fake benchmarks!

Attached: vega power consumption doens't matter when we lose.jpg (1300x816, 175K)

1660 Ti's go for way more than RX590's