ITT: We try to build a $50,000 PC on pcpartpicker

Can you beat Apple at their own game, Jow Forums?
The new Mac Pro can be maxed out as follows:
>28-Core 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W, 56 threads, Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz, 66.5MB cache, support for up to 2TB 2933MHz memory
>1.5TB RAM, 12x 128GB DIMMs
>AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, 64GB of HBM2 memory (32GB per GPU), each with 1TB/s memory bandwidth, 28.2 teraflops single precision or 56.4 teraflops half precision
>1400w PSU
>4TB SSD, 2x2TB, 2.6GB/s read, 2.7GB/s write

Attached: macpro.png (921x693, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Dhfwvn
supermicro.com/products/system/4U/7049/SYS-7049GP-TRT.cfm?parts=SHOW
pcpartpicker.com/list/pD33r6
pcpartpicker.com/list/8cTtMZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/wFgqGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/kKpF7W
pcpartpicker.com/list/DmDhCb
pcpartpicker.com/list/LvRCNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0TBQ_DHCtmI
pcpartpicker.com/list/pgFHXP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pcpartpicker.com/list/Dhfwvn
Not even close

that's nothing, go look at some supermicro builds

That price includes the monitor

What a rip off, you could buy 50 stands for that

quads for 96 core supermicro builds

Comparing Supermicro to Apple is like an F-1 car vs Mustang. Not even allowed to race on the same track.

kek

bad try desu

You have to consider the cost for maintenance as well, which I assume Apple will provide.

Just buy a Tesla

>comparing a real workstation to a """""creative professional's""""" statusbox

What would you ever need that much RAM for??

as a data scientist I would love having that much ram, I have no idea what apple stacies and tims want it for though

Chrome tabs

For :(){ :|: & };:
>buy a Tesla to make your computations
What did xe mean by this?

>supermicro good
>apple bad

>:(){ :|: & };:
>it actually terminates if you have enough ram

Well yeah. Supermicro is pretty good if you need servers. And Apple is mostly overpriced shit. So what is your point zoomer?

Not really possible because it's not consumer grade stuff.
You could always buy this, though.
supermicro.com/products/system/4U/7049/SYS-7049GP-TRT.cfm?parts=SHOW

>it-it can be compared!
That would be the proof that workstation and server hardware is overpriced af

what apple product do I buy if I want 4 xeon processors, two network cards, two onboard sata DOMS, 2 TB of RAM, and 8 SSDs in RAID 10 with a controller that has at least a 1 GB cache

I mean why would you even need that shit? It ain't gonna run Crysis any better.

You are like little babby, watch this
pcpartpicker.com/list/pD33r6

>haswell xeons

>why do people need real workstations and servers
based apple retards

>wanting xeon
>in 2019
Enjoy your pozzed overpriced hardware, goy.

>4TB SSD, 2x2TB, 2.6GB/s read, 2.7GB/s write

GB or Gb?

>2 TB of RAM for a server
OK incel.

This
I don't know why you guys waste money on that garbage when you could buy stands and vesa mounts

GB.
Welcome to NVMe drives.

GB according to their site

Attached: GB.jpg (907x758, 78K)

Most people that will buy that monitor already have those stands and mounts.

The fuck, sauce?

that's still mediocre for current gen NVMe drives, the XP941 already reached that. And it's quite slow compared to PCIe x4 NVMe drives that will be hitting the market in like two months

If you buy stuff like this chances are good that all the data you work with is on external servers with backups and redundancies anyway. Apart from "muh MacOS" whats the point in buying multiple expensive, loud af workstations instead of some thin clients connected to a single computing server? Much better performance when you need it and a lot cheaper as overall less computing power and high-end hardware is needed.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard the word "datacenter" before?

You mean PCIe 4.0 NVMe drives.
Current ones are already 4x.

companies with an IT department worth shit do so. Not just because it's cheaper and more secure but also because there are significant performance advantages that you want to pass on to your employees since their time is expensive. This (and workstations in general) are for small to medium sized businesses that lack the ressources (knowledge and administration) to put proper infrastructure in place

yes, fucked that up.

I'd get a Thinkpad T420 and plate the whole surface with a milimeter of pure gold, ESPECIALLY the TrackPoint(tm)

Can't be arsed to do one properly, but if you build around an EPYC 7551 you'll get a faster machine for a hell of a lot less.

Those GPUs are lovely though.

>$100,000 computer
>only has 2x1000mbps NICs

wewlad

you could built an entire 64 core ROME server with ECC memory and Raid 10 PCIe 4 NVMe storage for cheaper
and then probably a couple of chinkpads

>my double capacity 99 dollar 2 year old 970 evo is vastly outperforming their 'up to' estimates

Attached: 1542466616025.jpg (750x613, 53K)

Not servers and certainly not workstations.

pcpartpicker.com/list/8cTtMZ

Ludicrously overpriced but it still doesn't even hit the 20k mark.

Only way you could make it more expensive is if you gold plated a lot of shit with 24 karat.

that is not a workstation but a 11 year old fortnite players wet dream

pcpartpicker.com/list/wFgqGG

You don't seem to understand the code behind this user

>Take that, Apple!!
pcpartpicker.com/list/kKpF7W

go to bed, bean

only way I can think of is to buy a bespoke server directly from ibm/intel, but they don't publish pricing

pcpartpicker.com/list/DmDhCb

Rate my new computer Jow Forums

babbies can't even put 1.5TB in their pcpartpicker build. admit it, Apple has outmatched all of you.

I always find funny that Jow Forums always craps at apple, but doesn't call the bullshit of HP, Dell and Lenovo with their workstation offerings.

does this 50k include the Pro Stand? i doubt that

Because Dell, HP, and Lenovo actually offer real enterprise grade support.

crappy edit

Attached: 1559649986262.png (921x693, 223K)

>and they are not apple
Be sincere.

pcpartpicker.com/list/LvRCNQ

$11,000 with stuff that I think is reasonable for the usecase of the Mac Pro. Monitor included.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/LvRCNQ
>sata drives
>non ecc memory
>kike ripper instead of epyc

Lmao, no. It literally has nothing to do with that.

When you get REAL enterprise support, where they'll send out a field tech the same day for diagnostics, or even same-day replacement of a server. THAT'S what you're paying for with Dell, HP, etc.

What you're paying for from apple is the design, and the R&D, you get none of the high level support you'd normally get for that price tag.

How big is their market for this seriously? The previous Mac Pro was accessible even for casuals. This is obviously only for professionals, mind you, not even the average professional but those who do heavy work.

>sata drives
fuck, i didn't even notice.
gomen

>4TB storage max
kek

>it's for iSheep
No thank you.

Mac pro 2009

you don't understand the large, but finite, limitations of an OS

people have a lot more money now than they used to, especially in america

10 years ago spending $1000+ on a phone would have been considered insane, these days tons of people do it and regularly upgrade

Not him, but I guess it can be useful for a ramdisk.

Phone sure. Desktop no.

Can it run minecraft?

youtube.com/watch?v=0TBQ_DHCtmI

Attached: ChechenGf.jpg (2048x1365, 695K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/pgFHXP
you could add all the pazzaz around it too. this is just CPU+Mobo+GPU+Storage

That's hilarious that you think that. Do some research spazzmaster

Tell them to put EPYC/Xeons on the damn site, as well as the beefy ECC DIMMS, because none of them are even listed.

>only 1TB of memory
You failed

>as a data scientist I would love having that much ram.
If each node on your cluster doesn't have at least 64 GB, you should look for a new new job!

>apple care
>maintenance
Lmao they will just tell you to buy a new $6,000 computer if it breaks

I mean if I'm sshd into our servers I have everything I need unless somebody is doing something really important and tying up resources, but I'd rather be able to run everything locally and with most datasets that's no longer possible unless you have several hundred gigs of ram or fast enough storage that swap can handle it

Have they finally found a way to use two GPUs with raid 0 VRAM instead of raid 1 VRAM?

So the answer is no, you've never heard of a datacenter before.

Xeon. Lol!!!!!

>have server with enough resources
>rather work locally
1/10 would not grant you anything near a mac pro.
16GB RAM and if you need more, you fucking work on the cluster like everyone else does

I get to pay extra for proprietary Apple drives too?

Bliss!

no, they've always been using normal M.2 drives i think. The first macbook with PCIe storage was using a samsung XP941.

That special "Apple T2" security chip the ad touts is on the drive or the box?

No clue but it should be on the mainboard since they'll surely use one for both drives

Itt : people that are mad that they canno't put 1.5Tb of ram in a windows computer.

Apple BTFO poorfags again.

>pcpartpicker
not
>propartpicker

Silly user

Googling, it's that chip from last year that locks down Apples from third party repairs and upgrades for (((security))). Sounds like a trip to the Apple store if you want to change a drive.

But can it run 3540fps Fortnite @ 256k res?

Attached: images.png (225x225, 8K)

>SIX KAY

HP Z8

If fucking only.

nigger

>All them PCIe NVMe drives

Attached: 1477693677794.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

it's just encryption, no? It shouldn't care what type of flash memory you hook up to it. The problem with the macbooks was that the flash is soldered to the mainboard i think

two words: SAP HANA
2TB RAM is sort of low-end