AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

also

>The machine will start at $5,999
>256GB SSD

oh god, I'm dying here

Attached: DSC02677.jpg (2040x1360, 562K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13748/the-intel-xeon-w-3175x-review-28-unlocked-cores-2999-usd
youtube.com/watch?v=vPISmPe9jc0&feature=youtu.be
streamable.com/qle9g
apple.com/diversity/
youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that modern art?

Can you slice the cheese on that?

No you can only grate it

>Tim we can't sell it at pro specs as it hits 25C instantly
>Just drill some holes into it and call it cheesegrater design

25 C is room temperature. Are you American?

Just look at their specs

BUT BUT BUT try to spec a PC with the same 8core, 32GB RAM and Radeon 580 for less!!!

Protip: weeeeelll fuck

Attached: DPaAg64VoAAGw9a.jpg (600x801, 110K)

Dunno what kind of room you're in, 25 would be intolerable. 19 C or bust.

>4000 dollars for a monitor
>Stand is an additional 1000 dollars
>They're selling chink shit stand for 950 dollar markup
This has to be illegal somehow

Is that the $1000 stand?? Or is that the included one????? I didn't think it came with one, but I can't imagine that being $1000

>the included one

Attached: 1469497496311.jpg (251x242, 26K)

Apple should kill themselves desu.

WHAT A GAUDY SHIT TASTE PIECE OF CRAP!

>included one

doesn't exist. pay $999

but i can get 1.5 TB of RAM

Attached: ram.png (644x263, 23K)

The $6k starting price actually makes a lot of sense considering you can actually easily upgrade everything but storage.
Better CPU? Cheaper to buy yourself and sell the base.
More/Better RAM? Same.
More/Better Graphics/Compute? Same.
You could probably even add storage with PCIe cards, though it won't be encrypted by the T2 chip, for cheaper than upgrading through Apple.

Apple SHOULDN'T get as much out of upgrades as they usually do, so the higher base price is offsetting that.

Not for $6000.
Probably not even for $12000.

>be west coast mexican
>normal summer temperature is close to 40C
fucking kill me, I wasn't born a nigger it's hard to take it

Buy a server and install tower coolers onto it.

The GPUs use proprietary pci connectors to power them directly from the motherboard, pic related

Attached: received_2297209327014202.png (1420x832, 905K)

temperature limits are racist, blacks need to cool it down with crime rate or their monitors won't work

Yup

Attached: muh ram.png (443x297, 17K)

>Why yes, I do love me some grated cheese, how did you know?

Attached: g6tXamWrIHE.jpg (400x400, 33K)

You guys are obviously not pro enough.

Attached: 0_wQZ7KwhBKZZP7b6a.jpg (1000x563, 94K)

Oh really?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190604-200929_One UI Home.jpg (221x319, 52K)

For what personal use would one needs 1.5TB of RAM?

All this design, still doesn't have the option to insert the power cords into the base of the system for a fully wireless aesthetic.

It was almost cool looking. Except you have two black wires going into visible holes in the desk. Imagine if those wholes we're covered by the monitor stand, where the charging adapter was build into the base and routing through the base plate. Same for the tower. Now THAT. Would be aesthetic.

For electron apps

I'm starting to like it.

40C is still better than freezing temps all the time. Hate continental Europe so much.

chrome

Attached: Winter_9edae5_5688691.jpg (780x702, 148K)

This slightly triggers my tryphophobia

facebook games

that design though...RIP trypophobiafags

Eja puto vente a Veracruz

Why would you want to fry the motherboard doing that? Just make an 8-pin backplane.

>motherboard gets fried
>only repair option is getting a new one for $3000 (+tip)

Load you entire steam library into RAM.

yikes

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-05_011655.jpg (1083x1280, 336K)

The VESA mount. Which is literally a small aluminum X with little holes costs $200.
Y fucking 1080p screen costs that much.
Outrageous.

STOP LAUGHING AT US I NEED THIS TO EDIT MY VLOGS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1485062665444.png (764x706, 24K)

It's waterproof.

Vlogs ain't gonna edit themselves. Simple as.

Is it cum proof?

>imagine spending $6000 on a machine only to regrate it immediately afterwards

Eek! My Trypophobia!

I don't even know what to say about apple anymore.
Every single thing they do is retarded, it's amazing to see how out of touch with reality they are.

Hahaha, I bought a 50" 4k TV this month for $200 and it was already vesa compatible

>out of touch with reality? bitch i am reality!

is there any reason why they couldn't have drilled and tapped the VESA holes on that monitor?
would it have hurt the design too much?
would it have been too nice a thing to add?
na, they just want to be able to sell you a dongl-- adapter for it

>it's amazing to see how out of touch with reality they are
user they know their audience better than anyone, otherwise thy would've gone bankrupt long ago.

mac pro never had any market and never will.
any company can get 3 similar workstations for the same price and if you need to buy 48 thread and 1+TB ram then you better off with a real server from a trusted vendor with real support.
>inb4 muh recording studio
get something with 49ns average cache latency and you're good so any 2016+ i7 will do.

I was talking about the mac pro
iphone and mac sell well and are mostly alright

Isn't the "support" a big appeal for apple.

Even the power plug for the PSU is proprietary... Jesus fucking christ. LMFAO.

Case looks like some shit off alibbaba.
The following is a writeup on the shitty hardware its based on from incel :
anandtech.com/show/13748/the-intel-xeon-w-3175x-review-28-unlocked-cores-2999-usd

They needed a 2kw chiller to cool this crap in an on-stage demo they did for its release. That shit is going to be underclocked as hell due to heat. I can't wait for the first review that shows it being throttled to shit w/ the meme cooling apple implemented, or the turbo data center fans causing hearing loss, or someone burning their hand on the case that doubles as a heatsink.

Attached: intel_28_core_housefire.png (515x424, 105K)

Nope nope and nope.
> Better CPU (highly unlikely you can drop a retail version of the Xeon) in this mac as the retail is spec'd as a housefire that needs a bus load of VRMs to power .. See pic. Apple got a special version that is downclocked to shit
> RAM : Likely proprietary as well as are all macs especially towards 1.5TB compatibility. The ram kit will be specific to Apple and you'll pay a hefty premium
> Better graphics : Ummm, someone didn't watch the presentation. That AMD GPU is proprietary to mac and uses a completely different PCIE interface. So, you'll pay a premium here. Not to mention driver support/etc
> nvme drives slots are proprietary and expansion using PCIE (see drive support)

Sorry, you're fucked. You're going to be buying custom mac hw

Attached: housefire.jpg (678x508, 100K)

I laughed my ass off when I saw this.
It's apple. Everything they do is to make sure you pay a sick premium and can't use any other company's hw with their devices. in the normal world, you have power pin-outs on the GPu that plug directly into the PSU. Apple has to keep the aesthetics up and their premiums so they wire this into the board for the eventual :

>if you need to buy 48 thread and 1+TB ram then you better off with a real server from a trusted vendor with real support.
My thoughts exactly. Hilariously everyone's missing the fact that intel hamfisted an insanely powered data center CPU into a retarded desktop format that is a housefire and this is the garbage Apple put in their macpro albeit heavily underclocked so it doesn't need a 2kw chiller to cool... Either way, that thing is going to be an inferno which is why they're using the whole case as a heatsink. Here's the gem here and here :
This is what the macpro is based on.

>Desktop starts at $5,999
>Display goes for $4,000
>Display stand goes for $800

This machine, if built yourself, can cost $1,500.

mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=vPISmPe9jc0&feature=youtu.be

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1533407141298.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

I'm dead

Attached: 6182022.jpg (960x540, 42K)

Craplel itards will still buy their shit, no matter the price.

Attached: MacCustomers.jpg (650x585, 64K)

>the included one

user you may want to sit down

Is it true the crowd audibly gasped at the $999 stand?

streamable.com/qle9g

lol he was shook

I‘m smack dab in the middle of Europe and it‘s 30 degrees here right now.

although apple, looks pretty cool

as someone who deals with geological imaging and google earth 3D modelling for city/country scale I can definitely appreciate the 1.5tb of rams. This fine product is targeted towards serious firms.

Hello Lithuania

What level of stupid fanboyism do you have to be on to buy that shit?
For that price you could get a top of the line pc that will btfo it.
In CPU spec and storage for $6000? Fuck me that case is ugly. And a chink shit monitor to go with it. It looks like Wang went overboard on the hole punch machine. I guess is saves time at the firing range when it looks like it has already took 200 rounds of 5.56.

I don't think anywhere in Lithuania there was 30 today. Also it's not in the middle of Europe.

Attached: lolex.jpg (592x466, 51K)

Baking a cake.

It's not a vesa mount, it's a vesa adapter, you will have to pay extra for the mount.

The only reason I ask is because that looks different than the $1000 "pro stand" pics I've seen. Still can't believe it

speed holes

Is this the power of diversity?
apple.com/diversity/

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 19.44.40.png (1066x1346, 150K)

So cant fucking wait, to throw my money at a 5k kiddies toy

Attached: cantfucking wait.png (1388x1084, 1.63M)

can you melt cheese on that?

Nothing wrong with not having persistent storage on the machine. Actual real pros have separate servers, if you have 30 TB of storage already you don't need another one on every machine in the room.

The SSD isn't the worst part. The SSD actually barely matters since most outfits entirely rely on networked storage solutions. Whats absolutely fucking ridiculous is that the entry level system is just an 8 core Xeon. $6000 for a entry level hardware.
Theres really no way for a company to write this off when they can buy a workstation with twice the performance for half the price.

Yeah. 1.5TB in SO-DIMMs. Have fun.

GOT EM

Can this thing make gifs? I make a lot of gifs.

Attached: 1446532834955.gif (500x345, 408K)

That shit looks impossible to clean.

>implying Apple doesn't know it's overpriced
>implying buyers don't know it's overpriced
>implying it's not a statement piece
>implying you wouldn't buy it if you were loaded
Cope harder poorfags.

based

If you can afford that cheese grater then you have maids

>Cleaning
Sorry sir, Apple Care doesn't cover that, we recommend buying a new one

They still need to clean that shit with a qtip

Attached: 5344964-humorous-image-of-an-exhausted-overworked-cleaning-lady-full-body-isolated-on-white-.jpg (866x1300, 91K)

>19C
With how dry air conditioned air becomes, 19C feels like a fucking fridge, especially if you're sitting at a desk mostly motionless. My AC is set to 24C and it already feels pretty cool just from the dryness and movement of air.

Attached: Mac Pro.jpg (600x625, 186K)

Let me get this straight this is not a gaming desktop right?

they went mad with the milling this time
>youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc

Attached: cheese_grater.jpg (372x574, 46K)

Ive been a loyal Apple products user for decades and maybe I can help explain why there are so many of us. As a photographer, I would say around 80% of us use Macs and although difficult for some to understand, its not about all about speed, specs, etc. with us. Its more about the experience.

Im sure for some thats hard to understand, but for Mac users its something we all understand and appreciate. Thats why we continue to buy their products.

'To those who don't care about the "experience" or can't understand the justification of a purchase because the "specs" just don't match up, I have to say that its something they just don't get, understand and/or grasp. They cannot relate to it and thats perfectly fine!

Many, many IT guys are drawn to PCs. Customization, easier to upgrade, not as expensive are all things that speak to PC people.
Beautiful products, aesthetics, design are a huge win for Apple and the people who use them. Everything from the packaging, the quality, the feel, the little things, details, finish, etc. Its hard to explain unless you "get it". Ever slammed the door on a Mercedes or BMW vs. a Ford Focus? Its kind of like that. You can get from Point A to Point B with both, but the enjoyment you get from one vs. the other is something you are willing to pay for. Much of it is really intangible. Liking the way it works vs. another product and how it works. Enjoying it and how it makes you feel. Thats how many Mac users justify the cost of the products we use.

Its not about being a status symbol for many of us. There is an intrinsic value that is very hard, if not impossible, to quantify.

Thanks for the opportunity to join in on your thread and I wish you the best in the future!

Attached: apple_in_2019.jpg (2048x1280, 121K)

I can't tell if you're serious

Psst, don't tell them that.

Imagine reading this

>here's how to fix your BMW: buy a Ford Focus

That's the level of absurdity you've deluded yourself into.

Attached: 1555609169880.png (849x1041, 683K)