What do you think Jow Forums could it be beneficial learning pascal in 2k19?

What do you think Jow Forums could it be beneficial learning pascal in 2k19?

Attached: pascal.jpg (630x630, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/AD.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for getting a job? unlikely.
for hobby? yes, it's pretty cool lanuage.

Attached: 1558606070326.jpg (574x574, 42K)

one must be retarded
>for getting a job? unlikely.
this
>for hobby? yes, it's pretty cool lanuage.
cool? it is totally rubbush.
just learn c and c++
like fucking really learn it

I am not seeking it for a job, I am just a beginner trying to learn programming. I recently started reading Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs by Wirth and he is using Pascal in his book which made me think, is it really worth using that for a reference considering the deadness of the language

You don't really have to learn Pascal to read the book, it is effectively pseudocode in that context. It might even be beneficial to have to translate the examples on your own to another language.

no, but reading old Wirth book will make you a god-tier programmer

wouldn't that be too hard as a newbie?

you can get a job in canada to maintaing old obscure softwares.

I already got a job in the eu supporting old obscure hardware, not really keen on working with obscure stuff really

Learn Ada, at least you will bw able to find a job with it

why? i really like the language, it has good compiler + nice GUI library (C is still my favorite btw)

just learn pascal, later you can learn other languages (you can make both CLI and GUI apps in Pascal so as a beginner its totally fine especially if you are not looking to get hired)

Pascal is good for learning structured programming, even so more than C (its simpler). In some universities it is still teached in the introductory programming course.

>cool? it is totally rubbush.
Opposite day.
Remember, Pascal is the language that has proper modules whereas C++ barely manages to get them into the next standard.

No, but it could wirth it when looking into language design.

I learned pascal back in secondary/high school, its great for learning. If you wanna learn pascal go for it, but dont delve too much into it, just learn the basics(variables, different types, basic data structures, loops, procedure, function and logic and how to combine it all, most importantly do problems an exercises where you have to come with your own solution), when you have done this move onto some modern language

>In some universities it is still teached in the introductory programming course.
I know that but I have always thought that the reason for that is because some universities are fucking slow at adapting their curriculums. Similarly to some huge corporations that don't adap. Like I have to look at COBOL and RPG programmes every single day

>dont delve too much into it
this was also my idea as well but I wasn't sure of it. Learn it since I have shitton of literature available that uses pascal and then continue with some more modern stuff that I am interested in

Learn Oberon instead, it's better and it's made by the same dude who invented Pascal.

If you never do anything that's "too hard for a newbie", you'll always be a newbie.

ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/AD.pdf
Free version from web of wirth
Algortihms + Data Structure programs.

translating code from a language I barely understand to a language I barely understand tho?