Apple selling a 999$ stand wtf is the state of apple now a days wtf

Apple selling a 999$ stand wtf is the state of apple now a days wtf.

Attached: 999appstand.jpg (1024x683, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterweight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They can get away with it because of the brand in the same way fashion companies can have clothes or accessories made for $1 in China and sell them for thousands of dollar in the west

the profit margin must be fucking insane

oh I know, believe me I know. Just holy shit what's next?

apple are shart but the monitors they're competing with are >$10k video production monitors, so if their specs are actually accurate $5k for a monitor isn't a bad deal if you need cinema tier . $1k for a stand or $200 for a "not using our expensive stand" tax VESA adapter is still bullshit even if the stand does have a counterweight system.
t. never bought an apple product in my life, but know a guy who uses at $17k monitor at work who is excited at how cheap it is

Probably $880

>counterweight system
what does that do?

Counters the weight

i get they have some uses in that field but fucking still. All their products for the most part are bs prices and bs stores that tell you you're shit is too broke to fix without paying the same price as a new one.

The problem is companies, they dont even care about the price so Apple takes advantage of that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterweight the monitor is pretty heavy (sorry, I don't have a kg measurement) but the counterweight makes adjusting it easy, I think they showed it off in the presentation but I don't want to watch cringy apple marketing to find it. the monitor is also attached to the stand via a magnet, but that's not unusual in these kinds of setups where the monitor is moved around a lot.

nothing ever stopped a company from setting whatever prices they want since like what? Forever?
It's all on apples shoulders for wanting to go with this trend. I mean ffs look at fashion labels? They sell shit at insane prices when it didn't even cost nearly what they are charging. Apple wanted to be like a fashion brand and here we are.

No, I mean companies that buy computers dont care to spend 6k per each, this is not a product for the general public

You are assuming the monitor is actually as good as they claim

Hey Jow Forums
Honest question.
What is the target market for the MacPro?

Only a handful of extremely sucessful freelancer content creators could actually benefit from a fully stacked MacPro.

The whole fucking rest of the industry would just use dedicated servers and distribute processing power depending on the workload.

I mean, for the price of an all out MacPro you could probably buy a compelte rack of AMD EPYC Servers, which would abso-fucking-lutely destroy any consumer product.

Even the most expensive Threadripper PC could match if not destroy a complete MacPro for what? 1/8 of the actual price?

Attached: mac_pro_itoddlers_btfo_2.jpg (1076x1650, 601K)

ah ok got ya. Running on no sleep lol

Pseudo intellectual e-celebs, or wannabe 'professionals', the same market the Mac Pro has always targeted, they don't care that they're getting ripped off, they just want iMovie to run better.

>so if their specs are actually accurate
I always assume marketing numbers are best case scenario tests. should be interesting to see if it lives up to its claims.

>IKEA IDEALISK Grater
Nice.

Attached: Tuxedocigarpepe.png (334x346, 120K)

It looks like Apple is slowly getting fucked from all sides of the market.
Can we expect whole thing to become even more of a bubble in the next decade?
Will they slowly fall into obscurity or will they go out with a loud bubble pop?

The BoM cost for the stand is literally $30.
I was never here.

When the last MacPro launched (the trashcan) it was actually worth the price. Since building one for yourself with the same professional grade components would be around the same price and some of them were not even available outside of servers. Like the FirePros it had. Also it was small and could fit on the top of your desk nicely

But nowadays that's not the case in any way.

Also, that fucking display is going to burn to the ground. 1600 nits tops? NO ACTIVE COOLING. BS.
Enjoy burning that cheese grater screen backplate on your hands when adjusnting that $1000USD support.

>pic says $999
>OP says 999$

???

bullshit
even cheap ass chinese vesa stands cost that much

>be apple
>figure out people will buy anything
>spend shit tier budget on stand
>make 3000'% markup
>mfw

Attached: unlimitedpower.gif (220x92, 313K)

You are wrong mate. Cheap chinese ones are literally $10 and under. But I understand why you would say it's bullshit, I will not (can't) provide any [citation needed] so you can take it as you wish.

I mean, the "Raw materials" by weight maybe. But the manufacturing and precision Machinning for the inner mechanisms(which are SS most likely) should cost around $120-$150, giving $880-$850 profit margin.

>literal caveman-tier technology
>cutting edge in 2019

>Machinning
Several stands are cut from a single block and only afterwards face milled.
>inner mechanisms
Negligible value in the BoM, only the assembly takes time.

I'm gonna leave now.

in civilised parts of the world the currency is written after the number

Probably people who don't know or care how to set up a rack of servers.

You can't even spell civilized right, lol

>burger instantly resorts to falseflaging
enjoy being wrong, I don't mind

trips nice

Since when does Jow Forums give a fuck about spelling? We're all retarded here.

Yes, but fashion is about owning something by a known company and showing it off.

You can’t show off a monitor stand.

>doesn't know there's two kinds of english
>laughsinbritish.jpg

Attached: laughs-in-british.jpg (680x906, 218K)

You can include it in your selfies

Lets you adjust the monitor vertically without much effort. It's a very nice feature but my $300 dell monitor has one built in too so its not exactly expensive to implement

>NO ACTIVE COOLING
It does have a blower fan

But that is wrong. Sub currency goes after the dollar amount.

Attached: Screenshot_20190604-132118~2.png (1292x1015, 459K)

all of this over me being tired as fuck and putting it in the wrong place lmao

Companies don't decide prices, markets do.
If they're selling it for that much they almost definitely have reason to believe people will buy it for that much. Also considering they're selling these things to production companies they probably already have stands and are just buying the monitor.