The Wild West

In the age of censorship, diminished political freedom, and the death of the socio-political Wild West, where does the once subcultured user of the 2000s turn to these days to discuss politics and generally enjoy the Internet with others?

Some on r*ddit day Jow Forums...
Some on here say 8ch...
Some on 8ch say the deep web...

But with each level, there seems to be no end.
What am I missing? Where should an oldfag frequent? I2P?

Attached: F673873B-596F-4F3A-94C0-6DE99409AE3E.jpg (138x110, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwifarms.net/threads/something-awful-and-friends.9689/
github.com/nanoboard/nanoboard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

9gag

Lainchan

IRC has some interesting channels. They don't like uninvited guests though.

I guess it’s just word-of-mouth these days, huh?

GNUnet if you want to make friends with the most dedicated GNU devotees

SA

>Discuss politics
What's left to discuss? At least for the US and Europe the problem is known.
Besides, discussing politics is mostly an exercise of getting the other party to accept your truisms and values derived from them. Haven't seen it go beyond that on unmoderated, or even in moderated spaces.

Your best bet for meaningful interaction in the $CURRENT_YEAR Internet would be contributing to something where other people are involved. Creative activities, instead of mindless consuming.
It depends of what do you expect to get from your socializing I guess.

>Creative activities
like making super funny meymeyes?

>At least for the US and Europe the problem is known.

Please tell me you're not referring to jews.

Attached: Terminator-3-terminator-9844151-1280-1024.jpg (1280x1024, 397K)

>jews
>feminism
>technology
>leftism
>capitalism
>abrahamic religions
>civilization

SomethingAwful?
Really?

It is known.

Good faith discussions are dead. Humanity craves another world war. We won't understand each other before we see our loved ones rotting in the battlefields and gutters of bombed cities. Only through relentless malice of unleashed unconstrained bloody and maddeningly unhinged violence can we untangle our currently unbreakable wall of polarization, sea of confused and malcontent people, and our present apathetic existence which is only broken in brief periods of vicarious outrage over inconsequential nonsense.

Hopefully the end of mankind draws near.

Attached: minds_web_site_34418.jpg (1536x1794, 883K)

hush, we don't want too many newfriends

extremely based and blackpilled.
you should write

Attached: 1531576870087.png (414x418, 137K)

Based
On the streets, the internet is sadly dying

It's hard to explain, but yeah. I would recommend just lurking for a while.

I didn’t know it was still active

It is. But most active users have been there for years. It's not really growing. That's just part of the tradeoff though. The $10 entry fee keeps out the youngsters and the forces repeat shitpost spammers to pay for an account every time they get banned.

They are opinionated and they do have bias like anywhere else, but it is very much a lesser evil situation. Opposing views coexist a bit better than they do on here, or Reddit, Tumblr, etc. Probably because everyone there is a jaded 30-40 year old internet culture veteran.

In many cases, low effort content (like 90% of Jow Forums/Reddit memes) can be a bannable offense.

Also, most of the crazy shit that gave the site a bad rep (similar to early Jow Forums or early Reddit) no longer happens or is no longer allowed.

>Also, most of the crazy shit that gave the site a bad rep (similar to early Jow Forums or early Reddit) no longer happens or is no longer allowed.
Sounds boring

Depends. Do you mean actually discuss political topics or do you mean a place for you to spout reality TV-tier self-serving propaganda?

I see...is SA the last leg of Internet subculture? Can that shit die?
In my mind there must always be someone fulfilling that void, but maybe my understanding is misguided...

Hmm. I guess I emphasized the political aspect a bit too heavily. I just meant the “do whatever, say whatever” social freedom seen on this site from 2005-09.

Hear hear

Make a place on i2p.

wifi meshnets with ipfs or gnunet overlaid in software.

no ISP fees, censorship, middlemen since it's all P2P

bunch of posers who have no right to claim fellowship of my imouto

Nanoboard

It was fun while it lasted.

Attached: invader.jpg (699x438, 106K)

lmfao

Something Awful is, no hyperbole, one of the most biased-leftist forums on the internet. they dropped their fun status around 2010. enjoy having pedophiles, furries and general faggots for mods, admins and "respected posters". if you disagree with any of the above, goodbye to your $10.

kiwifarms.net/threads/something-awful-and-friends.9689/

Retroshare

Where is that?

Link?

That Kiwi site looks like a crossover between unencyclopedia and knowyourmeme.

>enjoy having pedophiles, furries and general faggots for mods, admins and "respected posters"
Same shit happens here and sites like Reddit. Having a non-bulletin style forum doesn't magically make that go away. And again, the worst shit happened before the site "dropped their fun status". Same as here. Same as Reddit. I don't know why Jow Forums goes full ptsd whenever bulletin forums are mentioned.

I don't have a ton of experience with SA, but what I have seen has been pretty refreshing compared to sites like this one. That is why I said go lurk. See for yourself because Jow Forumstards will label nearly every web community as extreme leftists. Many people (on all sides) seem to confuse hysteric vitriol with political discourse, and then anyone chill becomes the enemy. Yeah, the site has bias. But they don't cram it down your throat in off-topic areas, they are not against making fun of left views, and discussion goes further beyond "___ people good!" or "___ people bad!".

It's not for everyone. But to me, it's a lesser evil in an internet full of shit.

Tbh they're all boomers, but being exclusive is a necessity for them.

I haven't found it yet. 8ch is hardly ideal. And on the "deep web" there's too many pedos and feds.

Maybe only a new platform can satisfy our need for a hurtbox.
Thankfully, there's no way schizo-boomer centre like gab or minds is going to take off.
Mastadon and GNU/social are mature prokects that became a platform primarily for tumblr rejects.

My criteria for an ideal site are basic
>Anonymous culture
>stated no logs/privacy oriented
>FLOSS
>Not hosted in the US or a country with poor data protection laws.
>Non-profit
>Mods = gods
Id like to see an imageboard that has a interconnected userbase instead of each board being an isolated space.

github.com/nanoboard/nanoboard

Everybody has identified Jews as the most subversive element. It’s as if they were created to destroy. Jesus called the predecessors of the modern Jews, the “Synagogue of Satan.”

>Something Awful is, no hyperbole, one of the most biased-leftist forums on the internet. they dropped their fun status around 2010. enjoy having pedophiles, furries and general faggots for mods, admins and "respected posters"
This describes Jow Forums though

I never understood this. People get kicked off fagbook and twitter for hate speech and having opinions that contradict the leftist views of the site's moderators. They're told "if you don't like it make your own website" and so they do (see gab). But then the media comes after their site calling for its shutdown. The phrase "thought crime" isn't exactly used but it's what this all boils down to.

pic rel.

As a filthy centrist this even bothers me. Either all ideas are free or none are.

Attached: right-wing-censorship-comic1.png (1000x1000, 102K)

I have a better request:

Where do I go for more advanced discussion on computers?

>blah blah blah
>still does not mention the jew
fuck off with your aseptic politically correct pacifist bullshit

I moreso dislike the entire presence that if you disagree with twitter's censorship policies you're some alt-right faggot. I like Jow Forums for it's anonymity and the ability to speak freely but that attracts some of the biggest political faggots known to man. There isn't anything you can really do to stop it other than containing it to another board (like Jow Forums) but, as you can see here in this thread, it still spills over.
I don't mind political discussion I just hate how anything that involves or promotes free speech principles devolves into political shit-fests, and any attempt to mitigate what could be considered spam or off-topic just brings on retards claiming they're being censored, despite having a dedicated place to discuss what they want to discuss.

Attached: 1559516408718.jpg (891x597, 141K)

>Either all ideas are free or none are.

Some ideas aren't really ideas but a mental illness. I can't even enjoy browsing pol anymore to nourish my hate for minorities that actually deserve it without siffting through endless 'its da jooz' comments by illiterate 20 somethings. Of course this is not new to pol but used be not so prevalent just 2 years ago. It's basically impossible to have any form of meaningful discussion over there. And as says it's spilling on all other boards.

We don't want Jow Forums refugees, please.