Inhales

Attached: kek.png (1273x952, 538K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ThinMatrix
pcpartpicker.com/list/Cqssw6
youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1544651498690.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>35k
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1559594159530.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

>pro hardware costs more than your value tier gaymer trash
Shocking.

>poors are upset again

I really hope you guys are just ironic

>pro hardware
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

so just to check, this a 28c Xeon with 1.5T of RAM yes?

That's less than I expected, 1.5 TB of RAM alone (in expensive 128GB modules) costs that much.

where?

>1.5TB of RAM
Jesus, it feels like just years ago this was nearly super computer tier. What kind of crazy stuff does one even do with that?

it's like we have $30k unix workstation designed with only the film industry in mind again.
pic related.

Attached: 30kworkstation.jpg (1000x1000, 85K)

>>apple hardware costs 3x more than a generic workstation with proper bussines class support
there i fixed it for you

>>pro hardware

Attached: alberto-sordi-ride.jpg (495x430, 34K)

>pro hardware
>Macfags believe this

Open second tab in Chrome.

>hello apple my $50k mac pro broke again
>sir no mac pro costs 50k pls do nedful
>no the other one
>oh i see
>p[ls ship to california center
>i can't afford 50k insurance
>no problem sir judt ship ok thnx

>poverty: the cope

>1.5tb of Ram
yikes I am gonna stick with my 2tb on Threadripper. Aplel confirmed Ramlets.
no it doesn't. also we 256gb modules now.

>(((pro hardware)))
Nigger, just pay be 35k instead of apple, and I'll build you a pc that's twice as capable and more aesthetic.

this amount of delusion...
Seek help pcpartspicker pro.

>tfw spend 35k on a PC and it doesn't come with a monitor or a GPU
>it also won't have the Professionalâ„¢ monitor stand, that would be 1k extra
Apple could pretty much be the richest company in the world by just milking a handful of people out of every penny

Attached: 1448556817853.png (578x712, 45K)

Attached: A21335B8-5D82-4194-BA07-09E375F72C8B.jpg (600x768, 157K)

>t.delusional larper from india
Poo in the Joo

Same as any top of the line Dell, IBM or HP workstation, just with none of the enterprise level support.

Xeon is not pro hardware it is server hardware. the per core performance is dogshit on this part. I would not run Windows or OSX on any Xeon part. strictly use it in servers.

Xeon is the least interesting bit about it.

Who cares? Nobody is actually going to pay for it themselves. You get your job to pay for it.

you're fucking retarded.
It's a xeon W. The W stands for workstation.
Sgi even used xeons in their wintel based machines.

Attached: myimage.png (1051x412, 145K)

So? The top spec ThinkStation costs $80,000. Is this you gamers first introduction to the enterprise market?

what is it clocked at? and why should I use it over threadripper or an Xtreme edition or even 9900k in any non server workload?

Why are you asking me?
Go back to your pcpartspickin'.
And larp that one day you'll be making PC's in your basement for the film industry.

you said it was. workstation part. What should I use it for that it actually makes sense?

>9900k
that's a mainstream part lol

2TB RAM and then a 4TB PCIE SSD for SWAP now THAT would be awesome

>doesn't even know what the fuck he is talking about
>backtracks when he's cornered
like potterry

Video editing mostly. It's cute for CAD too.

you failed to mention that 1/2 that cost is ram. why would anyone need 1.5TB of ram.

and? it is also 8/16t on the same architecture and hits 5ghz. Only thing it is lacking is PCIE slots and RAM. Which is why the X sefoes of parts exists.
>video editing
will be outperformed immensely by threadripper and other parts by intel
>CAD
same thing.

It's not like anyone is forced to go all the way. It starts with cozy 32gb, and most people buying one would probably be happy with 128gb for a looooong time.

>It's called Mac Pro so it's Pro hardware
top fucking kek

Attached: 1d8.png (600x600, 335K)

>xeons are for servers only!

Attached: 5f3.jpg (680x695, 34K)

>will be outperformed immensely by threadripper and other parts by intel
Nah.

macOS included?

>will be outperformed immensely by threadripper and other parts by intel
how so?

>pro hardware

Attached: ed.jpg (1448x1080, 150K)

If you want to run a shitty os, sure.

>1.5TB of ram

Attached: 1528259568054.jpg (307x352, 22K)

RAMDISK you fucking chud

>28 core cpu
>6 channel ram
>most powerful workstation graphics card on the planet (Radeon Pro Vega II Duo)

>not pro hardware

GNU won't even support that hardware configuration properly, retard. Unless you think wangblows is a good OS. That would be hilarious.

This is meant for professionals, not 13yo edgy pc-masterrace gamers or grannies who buy "computers" from walmart.

>>>/reddit/

Fuck off, my granny could use it as a heater.

You've been exposed, wintoddler.

>how so
if literally all you care about is muuhh rendering Threadripper offers more cores with unlocked multipliers at significantly higher clock speeds, at the same price. While Intel has a 18/36 Part that turbos up to 4.4ghz and can be overlocked. Which will have significantly more single threaded performance. which may not close the gap on this xeon for lure rendering. it will be better at literally everything else. again, a 28 core part with such limp dick clocks will only be useful for servers.

if you're getting $25,000 worth of hardware somehow it might be worth it.
I doubt this and expect their $35k machine to pack around $10-15k in hardware.

iToddlers are eternally btfo, but you're daft. I was using a 8 core CPU for VFX in 2011 and it was not enough.

Doubt it, with how Apple prices their upgrades I'm expecting between $50k and $100K.

>pro hardware
hahahahaha
kek
this is a good thread

intel has 18 core I9s on their enthusiast platform. you can get like a 64 threadripper for the price.

oh you are talking the 9900k. I was just covering all workloads. it is an insane deal for a lot of work loads.

I'd be fine with them charging that much, even with those specs if the actual design looked good.

This thing looks cheap and tacky.
They must have known it would look like a cheese grater when they added those obnoxious chrome handles right?
They could have had industrial looking wings that curve up to a functional rounded handle in the centre that would have looked much better.
And those stubby little legs, it looks like a fucking Nintendo Labo toy or some shit, like it's supposed to vibrate across the floor.
Even the side panel looks like trash, the Apple logo should look classier than that.
Literally just a big black logo in the middle of the aluminum with no added detail or anything.
The aluminum look can be eye-catching if done right, but taking a sleek sexy exterior then filling it with holes and putting it on robot legs ruins it completely.

How the fuck did they design something as ugly as common gaymur shit and expect anyone to be impressed?

what cpu was it

based and redpilled

>ThinkStation
hp z8 top spec is like 90k as well

>>poverty: the cope
same old, same old.
nowadays gaymurs have to larp with rgb leds and cat earphones,
tech "enthusiasts" with overpriced shinny POS that they cannot uses any further than point-and-click
and the guys who are the hardcores of linux and *BSD exposing themselves to the internals of the OS(excluding ricers) are the "poor" ones.
this guy youtube.com/user/ThinMatrix
has already released a game by himself, using a laptop, a monitor and a mouse, ~$1000 all of them, but the real "creators", those who have their go pros and record their ignorance before posting it on YT, are the real content "creators".

you dumbfucks don't even know which Xeon W is going to be in the Mac Pro. So how the fuck are you making comparisons?

all AMD cards are 100% functional under Linux.
In fact, AMD releases the drivers earlier in Linux, than any other operating system.

every "Pro" knows what apple means with Intel i-shit X cores up to 3.8 GHz.

>no videocard
Are you for real. A $35k computer without videocard?

I think it actually comes with a 580.

And people say Apple isn't going to kill the Mac.

LOL THEY FUCKING KILLED IT. DEAD DEAD DEAD

>$35k
>Single socket
>Mediocre video card(s)
>256GB SSD as the standard for the cheap $6k variant
>$1k monitor stand for $6k monitor that is only 60HZ
Holy. Fuck. This has GOT to be some sort of plan on Apple's end to finally stop making desktop. Is this their plan? To finally get even their most rabid fan base to say "fuck that's too expensive" so they have an excuse to stop making desktops all together because "no one is buying them lol"?

So they have any idea the sort of insane machine you can build for $35k? For fucks sake I could build a dedicated encoding/compiling server solely to offload work from a dedicated top of the line gaming machine. And take a tropical vacation.

Maxed out it comes with 4 7nm Vega GPUs with 16GB of HBM2 each.

Where can you get a 56 Teraflop workstation for $10.000?
Nvidia asks like $10.000 for a single 14Teraflop card

so what? xeon-w3275's?

>>Mediocre video card(s)
Show me a video card with 28 terraflops of fp32 performance ;)

32GB each

Attached: Capture.png (1167x459, 45K)

5 shekels says that security wasn't even an afterthought.

Courage.

Attached: intel vulnerabilities.png (800x568, 74K)

wot

That's 2560 dollars worth of memory alone if the rate of 80 dollars per 4GB stack is still accurate.

Lenovo P920 $9000 dollars for a dual socket xeon golds, upto 2tb ram. Real pc, get fucked itoddlers

>server based xeons.
na. apples and oranges.

>hey duuuude my Macâ„¢ is far better than your shitty PC
>it even has le l33t PRO hardware which makes it very powerful for rendering my boyfriend's boyfriend's footage of him drinking a Nepalese craft beer while kissing my boyfriend finding himself during a roadtrip in the Himmalayas after dooing some physical introscpection in Thailand while I was at our home in the SF bay area working at a home made vegan poke bowl restaurant

which processor will it be?

Attached: myimage.png (732x495, 76K)

god i want a ramdisk so bad

The Mac Pro is overpric-

Attached: IMG_20190604_120319_259.jpg (421x1280, 101K)

They're charging 15k for a single nvidia gpu

Attached: lelenovo.png (861x60, 6K)

>pro hardware
>still have to take it into your local mall apple store to get it fixed instead of having on-site proper enterprise grade support

pcpartpicker.com/list/Cqssw6

Attached: macpro.png (1014x1199, 129K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

wait scratch that it's actually two

I mean imagine how much Apple would charge for enterprise grade support. Don't give them any more ideas.

Attached: crappleuser.png (777x523, 63K)

>gamer ram instead of ecc
>not enterprise slc nand storage
>gaming gpu

Yeah, but then you're stuck with Windows. Sure, Mac OS might not be Linux, but at least it's not Windows.

>not enterprise slc nand storage
proof that crApple is using SLC flash

i mean if they're charging this much, it SHOULD have SOME level of on-site support.
Or at least an option to pay a bit more for it.