Press f to pay respect

since this place is going down, where will still thriving community go?

Attached: image.png (561x272, 45K)

>a literal who
thanks for killing a thread

assembler games user

literally who is that?

Who?

Who the fuck?

>paying $120 a month for a website
what the fuck?

who

This.
I host my site on a shared host that costs 10$ / year.

you are both clueless, on the hosting subject, so let me break this down for you.
Yes, he is paying a lot for just one site.
He has probably a dedicated machine, or a shared one, with a few other sites.
I think he pays $40-60 for plesk and the rest of them goes towards the machine.
He has ~500 thousand visits per months, which means that in a good month he could be hitting $1000 easily, per month, with the good cpc and the high cost of advertising in that field.
I don't see any ads in his website, so he hasn't taken advantage of his traffic.
the guy is doesn't know how to manage the website.

I don't get it why he doesn't, at least, have someone manage his site?

I had a website on extraVM, paying $60 a year, they had disabled litespeed cache, they rolled me back 15 days once, another occasion they rolled me back 5 days, sometimes my website was down for up to 48 hours and their servers use hdds. I complained, they offered to give my money back, they deleted my account, I asked them on twitter why did they delete my account, I asked why the monhately or via their website, I told that faggot that they deleted my account, even though I had a month or so to end my subscription. $10/year are good for a personal blog with 2 visits per month, but for websites that have thousands of visitors per day, as the one in the OP, you can't go cheap and you can't compare those services.

>you are both clueless, on the hosting subject

>I had a website on extraVM
>they had disabled litespeed cache
>they rolled me back 15 days once
>another occasion they rolled me back 5 days
>my website was down for up to 48 hours

>you are both clueless, on the hosting subject

Attached: 33E4495E00000578-3576790-image-a-32_1462533583176.jpg (306x346, 19K)

>$100 to host a weeb forum
The fuck?

Who?

>he doesn't self host on an old PC in mom's basement
lmaoing at your life

> ~500 thousand visits per months
Just visited them, ~500KB per page, ~60KB transferred: gzip, browser caches, all of that. 500K visits/mo is 11.5 hits/minute, you really think there are that many people caring about asm games? Anyway, 60KB per page is about 30 gigs which is... Amazon free tier if you use their CDN.
> 50 GB Data Transfer Out, 2,000,000 HTTP and HTTPS Requests for Amazon CloudFront*
$10/yr VPS allow something about 100G/mo transfers, I assume it's possible to create ghetto CDN for $20/yr while scripts themselves would be served from Amazon - and they have fast af instances, I get < 1s Wordpress full page load.
So I dunno, get the donation ball rolling, one Google banner, add router in your parents' house as a CDN node and it may be enough for everything. Admin is just a sucker who get ripped off because he's not into optimizing expenses.

>120/mo
this is an easy pateron
But he's going to kill it?
If it's his own personal site, go ahead.
But it looks like a community, and they would most likely pay the server costs.

He probably wanted to kill it for a long time and used the bills as an excuse.

your calculations are off. their front page has 1 image and a bunch of text.
how about opening a page with 5 user uploaded images, ~3MB each?

send it to archive team/jason scott

>how about opening a page with 5 user uploaded images, ~3MB each?
none of them are hosted on the site

no

based & redpilled

This.
If it's not huge you also could just save everything manually with the wayback machine.