How do you manage your passwords?

I still can't get over the idea of keeping them all in one place like that. Seems very dangerous.

Attached: KeePassX_Logo.png (170x170, 38K)

I let my web browser save them in plain text

A .txt file inside a encrypted container. I'm probably doing it wrong, but it works fine.

I keep all my passwords in one place. Everyone should. Its really the only sane solution. Leaving a paper trail exponentially increases vulnerability, and involving a third party is putting an infinite degree of trust in something which doesn't deserve it.
Memorize your passwords, faggots. Theres no excuse. If you can memorize a phone number you can memorize a 16+ character password with a couple words and numbers. If you're using anything but your brain you're a pleb.

I use my head because I'm not a moron with 50 million accounts to keep track off

encrypted text file with password hints only

Encrypted text file full of nonsense riddles.

The key to security is to not keep them ALL in one place. I store passwords for standard websites in my password manager (KeePassXC) and have separate, memorable passwords for my e-mails. That way i can reset the other passwords if someone cracks my database. The database and e-mail passwords are also all 20+ characters long, of course.

Sure thing I'm gonna memorise 128/256 letter passwords some of which use the UTF-8 unicode set.
Anyone that doesn't use KeePassXC is beyond saving.

look bud I use 100 character long passwords on hundreds of different sites, with each site being a different password. do you really think I can remember that?

I have many passwords I use once a year or once a decade. Why memorize them instead of keeping them in keepass?

You should use a different password for everything.
I use KeePass, I don't think there is a security risk if you use it on an up to date GNU+Linux distribution and with a good key. Plus not knowing your password can be an advantage sometimes.
If you still don't feel safe about it you could have a password generation rule, such as: sha256(www.site.com + NumberOfLettersInSiteName + Username + Master Password).
You then store the usernames in a txt file. Remember to have a different one for every website.
But if you think about it, this is not very different from using a password manager.

If you don't like them just in your browser use BitWarden, after having a lot of secure long passwords stored, download pass and pass import, download a .CVS file from BitWarden, save them in pass, P R O F I T

I write them down

*house burns down*

I'd have more to worry about then losing my passwords then

lots of txt files in an encrypted file that's stored on my dropbox. browser stores passwords for sites i don't give a shit about

>Seems very dangerous.
About as dangerous as a bank keeping all it's money in one place.

I derive strings with prime numbers from the service name and auto-generate them when I need. I obviously know the most used by heart

I use pass and git because I'm not a tin hat onions

Keepass(xc, depending on the system)

>Memorize your passwords
bad nsa

KeepassXC on computer, KeepassDX on phone, synced through Nextcloud