PHP

I want to learn programming. Does PHP have a bright future?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (2000x1060, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=php,python
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no it's dead

php was the perl of the 2000s.

PHP is in decline. trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=php,python

start with c, then assembly, and lastly c++. everything else will be trivial after you've mastered these

there is nothing bright about php including php programmers

God, I fucking wish, but as long as frameworks like Zend/Laravel and CMS Wordpress exist, PHP will still be needed.

>Does PHP have a bright future?
It's actually surprising PHP has lasted as long as it has. Web development isn't really the greatest avenue to get into if you're looking to learn about programming. It's similar to getting into game design to learn programming. The people in these fields are just trying to get a job done and don't really care how messy it gets.

Python is usually suggested as a good starter language but really any general-purpose language is fine.

PHP is boss.

Thank you for laying it on him!
He wil thank you later.

It's dying and deprecated
Use literally anything else

I like creating Go backends which are consumed by a minimal JS SPA front end

Attached: 1503857951790.jpg (720x540, 38K)

it is still everywhere. I mainly develop in php. It's quick and easy. Mostly I do stuff that is on private networks. Enterprise type stuff.. People hate it... Hell.. I hate it... But it's not going anywhere. A bunch of gay guys will tell you to use some new bullshit that is the future and will be forgotten in a year.

Google trends ain't writing paychecks, nigger. I write php all day and almost never google shit about it. I code python on occasion and wear Google the fuck out asking shit about it.

It's the most used programming language for web right now and it's only growing & getting much faster
currently there is no scripting language that is better, it BTFOs them all in speed.
nodejs is better for async shit, go also is. but other than that php is the only smart choice.
You can type php however you want, it's very lenient on it's syntax and "ugly" code means the coder sucks, not the language.

Ask Mark Zuckerberg

realistically python isn't a "good" language in any scenario.
this doesn't matter, the only thing search trends show is more idiots use a certain language and there are more confusing / shitty parts about it.
because of wordpress PHP still dominates like 80% of the web, that's good since it's better than alternatives

Never thought I'd say this, but with PHP 7 and Symfony 4 it's enjoyable to work with.

>Does PHP have a bright future?
No.

Will learning it be useful?
Depends what you want to go into, but I doubt you want to go into anything where you must code in PHP.

I would recommend learning Go(lang). It's a good "middle-level" language imo. That is, it's low enough level that you can do systems-level programming with it, has great parallelism (can easily make use of multiple cores on processors when you write code), and can be used for web backends nicely... which, PHP is almost exclusively used for, but Go enforces you don't write shitty code, whereas PHP almost guarantees that you will write shitty/vulnerable code.

If you want really "high-level" language to learn, just to dip your toes in the water, Python is easy to pick up and learn some basic concepts for programming... but be aware that Python abstracts away a lot of things that might be useful to you down the road (namely, memory management) that you might want to learn by using something like C. If you check out Python, look at Python3, not Python2.7. Py2.7 is dead / dying, but old people are still clutching their pearls and swearing by it.

This. Anyone saying PHP7 is shit doesn't work at all or just bait zoomers.

theres like 10-15 php jobs for every 1 python/go/ruby/node job as far as job listings are concerned.

test

learn javascript if you want employable skills

It's still widely used with hosting sites today. I have websites I built from scratch in PHP and they work perfectly fine.

>Go enforces you don't write shitty code
How so?

It's like an old Honda Civic, it gets the job done, there is tons of support cause its been around for a long time and used by so many, and you can find parts (of a code you need) easily.

Not that this is wrong but if OP just wants to lern a language for fun or to be able to program something specific, better start with something easy like Python to keep getting motivated

Not necessarily bright, but it has a future. Performance was improved, it got more secure, some more minor type stuff was introduced, it's practically everywhere. You won't receive praise from Haskell programmers, but it gets most jobs done.

If you like it, just learn it dude. Have fun!

Imagine being such a brainlet that you need the language to impose arbitrary restrictions to force you to not write shit code

t. allman bracer

>bright future?
none have

In my country it's more like 30.

Jew language