mozilla.org/media/img/logos/firefox/logo-master-wordmark-dark.9969bf7e6192.svg

Attached: eXSOVid.png (80x80, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/files/2018/07/Systems-1-2-1.jpg
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
sudo dnf install icefox

they keep redesigning their logo but leave their default browser interface as complete trash. why?

> if we make this look more like chrome, maybe more people will use it

just fucking make it a rainbow already you faggots

eh I don't hate it

Make the switch

Attached: brendanbrave.png (1280x720, 711K)

Well fuck me. Using Lynx and w3m until the day I die.

Looks like a tail for one of those my little ponies.

this is literally a scam

no ty

wrong pic, shill

Attached: Waterfox_New_Logo_2019.png (351x283, 70K)

Attached: 1535549645983.jpg (4097x3048, 1.39M)

blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/files/2018/07/Systems-1-2-1.jpg

>A tail
Fantastic double whammy:
>Spot on representation of their current market share
>Obvious nod by their inclusion hires, that went as far as making a furry logo their new trademark

based and bravepilled

as long as it's not furry shit i don't give a fuck about the logo

Behold
The final form of Firefox
I'll take my payment from Mozilla in cash, thanks

Attached: 1545830327946.png (87x78, 1018)

The interface is great on desktops, but on mobile it is absolute garbage

Chrome based browsers are all smoothishly sluggish. I don't know any other way to describe it.
It's like going from stock android with no animations to iPhone, it's just forced lag and it's irritating as shit.

>leave their default browser interface as complete trash
user please don't devalue Moz://a's work. They've made great strides in making the interface noticeably worse over the past several years.

Was this thing ever a fox?

once... a long time ago

Attached: ff.jpg (1024x768, 75K)

Attached: 1559669084877.jpg (587x537, 18K)

It doesn’t even look like a fox anymore. What the hell is mozilla doing?

F
S

Am I the only person not bothered by this?

Icon changers are a thing you fucking tards

What the fuck is this genderfluid icon?
Fuck freetards, fuck niggers and fuck trannies

Don't forget fuck gooks and kikes

Firefox is proprietary software

redpill me on waterfox vs icecat vs firefox

based

jej

Except I can't get images to show in w3m, not sure why

Looks like some shit from 2003

So?

I switched after Firefox shitted a few weeks ago. Its nothing special but I'm used to it now. The brave ads thing is an aids gimmick though

Not interested in cryptomining spyware, thanks

firefox is sjw botnet
waterfox is botnet pretending to be better than firefox
icecat is firefox without botnet

no u

Open-source software with non-free licensing*

Fuck off with your shitty chrome skin

Still less bad than Waterfox's new logo.
Seriously, looks like a part of MS Office for Mac. Pic related was much better.

Attached: Waterfox_Logo.png (1024x1024, 104K)

Neither of you have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Firefox is completely FOSS and the MPL is approved by the FSF as a free software license. The MPL motivated the release of a similar license called the CPAL, which is also approved by the FSF as a free software license. So Firefox is 100% free software, and non-proprietary. This does not mean that the MPL and CPAL are compatible with the GPL, but a license does not have to be GPL-compatible to be considered FOSS by the FSF. The main reason the Mozilla Public License (and the derivative CPAL) is not GPL-compatible, is simply because it contains clauses which stipulate that any derived works include clear disclaimers of who the original developer is, and protect certain branding components from contract-less re-use. The branding items (icons and names) are considered creative works under licenses like the CPAL and MPL, and are treated differently from the mountains of compile-able and executable code.

Tldr: Firefox and every piece of software released or managed by Mozilla is 100% FOSS. Mozilla's branding, like icons and slogans, are considered separate, and subject to IP law. It actually makes sense when a foundation is as large as Mozilla, because it cuts down on idiots and malicious assholes putting up shit and/or dangerous software with Mozilla or Firefox in the name, or using their iconography to mislead people.

>subject to IP law
So....NOT FREE, since you can't distribute modified versions with their branding legally.

Attached: 1378530590179.gif (500x288, 482K)

rip in peace, cute fox

Attached: sakimifirefox.jpg (610x900, 472K)

Again, the FSF explicitly states that the MPL and CPAL are FOSS. The actual code that makes firefox and other mozilla products run is released under the MPL. Its iconography and branding slogans are treated as protected creative works. It is ridiculous to say that firefox is not FOSS because of this. Firefox the browser is FOSS. Its icons and slogans are not. If firefox was not FOSS, there would not be the countless forks and repacks of it across such a wide variety of platforms.

RIP

Attached: 1495911532151.jpg (520x605, 56K)

OH
NO
NO
NO

Attached: image.jpg (422x408, 127K)

Same reason Jow Forums has an abundance of logos but very few delivered software projects.

You can make proprietary software under MPL license. It’s not copyleft.

gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
>"While the Firefox source code from the Mozilla project is free software, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins and addons. Also their trademark license imposes requirements for the distribution of modified versions that make it inconvenient to exercise freedom 3."
No freedom 3? NOT FREE! BTFO

Attached: 1426775925511.jpg (580x346, 47K)

Not really, and regardless, the MPL is still a free software license approved as such by the FSF. RMS' very own organization.

>a tail
it's not ugly, but all I'm reminded of is some furry guy who wore a tail at uni

See

sudo zypper rm firefox* --clean-deps
sudo zypper in falkon

All freedoms, just a little inconvenience, and then that retarded "but it recommends..." caveat that he also applies to fucking debian, whose developers worship him. Stallman is right about so many things, but it doesn't mean he can't be a stubborn and dogmatic asshole, and it doesn't mean he can't be wrong.

wow
look what an estrogen OD'ed logo
fuck
there is no fucking based browser left
someone firekill this gay earth

Eh, could be worse I guess, but why not Icecat or Iceweasel?

Attached: 2019-06-04_21-04-51_615x224_scrot.png (615x224, 53K)

Eww. Fuck that shit. Keep the FOX in FireFOX

imagine being this triggered by a logo

why are you so obsessed with trannies? your dad must beat you when he catches you crossdressing

Attached: image.jpg (529x419, 141K)

If they truly worshiped him, they would make the changes to Debian necessary for it to be an FSF-approved operating system. It's still not after all these years because they recommend non-free software.

Fucking trannies ruining my browser
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: killalltrannies.webm (1280x720, 2.35M)

>This is a free software license...

Whatever you think about it. Whatever RMS think about. Everyone knows it is still a free software license, and that's why it's listed on GNU's licenses site as such.

Attached: Screenshot_20190604-190506.png (1440x2560, 287K)

Dang, the original quantum logo was so fucking nice

It doesn’t matter if firefox is under a libre license, the branding tied to the program makes it still proprietary.

>Distribute a slightly-modified version of Firefox
>Don't change the name or branding

Attached: OPEN_UP.jpg (281x179, 14K)

no you anus. while the branding is non-free, the program itself is free. only a fool can't understand this. if the program wasn't free, or if the MPL was not a free license, RMS and the FSF would clearly say so. the program is free, the license is free, they just have some criticism of both.

branding doesn't make a program proprietary, retard

It's a foxgirl's tail.

I'm getting tired of minimalism in logo design.

what's wrong with it? I kinda like the minimalism of it, kinda reminds me of a zen enso

>Fuck freetards, fuck niggers and fuck trannies
The sad thing is there is no difference between these three anymore

Because Qt, and QtWebEngine.

I like it

Jow Forums is all about 2003 shilling, sadly

And now I'm ready for the months and months of kissless incels whining about a fucking change of logo and how this is the effect of sjw lobbies taking control of Linus Torvalds...

This is the most hilariously stereotypical post I've ever read. I'll choose to believe that it's satire.

You read it here first.
By 2025, if Firefox is still around, then the Firefox logo will just be an orange stroked circle fading to blue or purple.

I changed all my FF icons to this & they will remain forever.

Attached: Wow.png (505x515, 246K)

Why do browser icons just keep getting collectively worse?

why would you ever do a livestream of this site

Damn, Firefox looks like THAT?

M I N I M A L I S M

firefox logos has been getting better over the years! while chrome has been going for a minimalistic design, their minimalistic design sucks

You better have changed the name to Firedoge too.

Looks pretty good.

Wow. Much browse. Many tab. So fast.

I thought I was the only one.

Attached: word.png (115x128, 15K)

Where's the fox?

The developers found it to be too aggressive and removed it

Attached: 2019-06-04_22-54-15_793x314_scrot.png (793x314, 37K)

because companies keep hiring people in already completed fields, and they're forced to do something.

It's why refrigerators have TVs and are connected to the internet; you just hired a $100k/yr engineer for fucking refrigerator technology.

Bland, boring, and unimaginative. Clearly they are trying to make people not recognize or associate firefox with anything, literally forgettable.

Stop lying.

>bug
>mfw no face

Why can't I donwload Lynx? When I go to the page and try to download it it tells me "Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall" What the fuck is going on pls help

Use icecat retards

This is my birb, say something nice about it!

Attached: TB.png (2000x2000, 610K)

When is this supposed to go live? Also, when is that rebrand gonna happen?

it's the best degooglefied chromium browser desu
all the extensions work

Functionality over form
>looks like some shit from 2003
Form over functionality

The retards have spoken.

LOL it's like it's morphing into the chrome logo