Is my HDD dying lads?

Is my HDD dying lads?

Attached: disk picture.png (665x661, 68K)

>28805 power on hours
nigga you're supposed to go 20000 tops. Retire that shit.

Nigga what?

> "the total expected life-time of a hard disk is 5 years" or 43,800 hours of constant use.

Where you getting 20,000 from?

Backup all your data. Run CHKDSK. Overwrite all drive with zeroes.

If the number of bad sectors stays the same or gets higher, it's over.

>overwrite all drive with zeroes
What do you mean?

I used Chkdsk /f and the sector increased from 7 to 8 (did this yesterday). Been using it now and it's all fine and it hasn't increased or anything. It's not even my main drive and frankly, there's nothing of worth on this PC anyway, I just watch movies and play games on it. My main drive is an SSD and it's healthy.

Basically what i'm saying is, if it stays at 8 how long should I expect it to last? I'm thinking of just using it until it conks out and buying a new HDD which are dirt cheap anyway.

you retarded dude?

Attached: .png (663x210, 26K)

fucking retard

Pending sectors are only signs that your HDD is on its way out. Could last years and it could die in the next few minutes. Uncorrectable sector counts are when it's gg.

Keep using it and as long as the pending sector count doesn't rapidly increase, you should be fine. Shit, i've even had the count go down on its own. Just be ready to buy a new HDD eventually

>8 pending sectors
That's really nothing.

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x883, 691K)

Just went down from 8 to 6 on its own lads

Attached: disk picture 2.png (677x657, 72K)

That's definitely a good sign. Just keep using your HDD, you said yourself it's got jack shit of worth on it anyway.

When it dies, buy a new one. It's probably fine for now though

Aren't you cute.

Attached: LOOK AT THE LITTLE BABY.png (537x156, 13K)

But people say that it's a really bad thing for it to be over 0.

That's a pretty normal sign then. Keep monitoring it. As long as it doesn't shoot up, you're good

>pending
Not really. A HDD has spare ones and can remap. A few may just be weak sectors due to age.
It's bad when the pending and uncorrectable start getting into the 100's and are increasing.

Well that's good to know then. It did decrease from 8 to 6 so that's at least a good sign I guess

Yup. It may even zero out.
I had one drive that went back to good from something like 15 pending.

That's smalltime look at this beauty, I don't even know how it's still alive.

Attached: HDTunePro_eoyruhF6n2.png (564x320, 23K)

Well that's a little bit of a relief.

begone, kike

Maybe. It's only a risk factor, not certain death.

Keep in mind you want erasure coding (RAID or RAID-like setups) or replication for any drives that have data important enough anyhow. Basically, for anything important you shouldn't have to worry IF a drive might die soon, just react by replacing it.

Attached: isildur.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

I have a drive that's had 3 current pending sectors for a year and a half and it's still working fine. How's it over if the number stays the same?

20000 is like less than 3 years lol

Sometimes it's just data error if you're lucky. Happened once with my WD Blue. A long test then one round of zero write with WD Data Lifeguard and it's back to good health. Obviously backup your shit since everything will be deleted.