With recent news have you switched?

With the news around proton mail, have you switched to a new mail client? In General, what non-botnet email service are you using?

Attached: LibreMail.jpg (579x451, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mailu.io/
naplay.it/1124/53:07
demo.roundcubeplus.com/?_task=mail&_mbox=INBOX
steigerlegal.ch/2019/05/23/protonmail-real-time-surveillance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that brings back some memories

Still works pretty good. P.I.A for my brainlet self to get SMTP working right on Android but it's certainly interesting.

I have a mailu.io/ installation for my personal email. Works fine.

Reminder that you should self-host your own email.

I need a free VPS then

Amazon EC2 free tier.

Used my year and went over my usage before. Unless there's a forever free ec2 tier.

What happened with Proton?

Don't a lot of websites that require email whitelist known, approved email domains?

Nothing proven , maybe this can shed some light

naplay.it/1124/53:07

>hard to configure SMTP on Android
Holy shit boomer, how did you find this website?

I get a new credit card number and register a new account ([email protected]). Sucks having to migrate servers every year but whatever, at least its free.

Tutanota is cheap and good.

I still use Protonmail as my main e-mail.

Ok you do it, you have to a secret key that you set in the shell online, use that as an encrypted password then use your domain name, nit email or username along with it. I've done all that it doesn't work.

It's almost impossible to email anybody using Google's services unless you jump through a lot of hoops.

sdf is based, you get a lifetime account for $1

>jump through a lot of hoops

all you gotta do is set up SPF/DKIM and make sure your server isn't configured all retarded

it's not that hard

I use cock.li
Chose one of the politically correct domain names (firemail/airmail) and sending mail to gmail accounts just werks.

Yall are fucking Brainlets

Attached: irlpepe.jpg (750x1334, 205K)

no u

squirrelmail is dead man
I use horde or roundcube, depending on what we need.
are there any other big providers suite programs for email?

why don't you post the news?

i switched to my own mail on a vps when lavabit ded

I use NegroMail.

>squirrelmail is dead man
See

Yeah to cock.li

Why not get $5/month vps?

what's th at stupid shit
squirrelmail hasn't updated in a decade

I still use it. Is there something that is web-based and not some AJAX or whatever annoying stuff, always loading stuff every five seconds, taking over your rightclick etc?
Squirrel is easy, unpolished, low footprint on the browser. I never found an alternative.

horde is fine, it's more full suite but it definitely isn't new-age ajax looking
does roundcube suck, is that the "ajax taking over your right click"?
squirrelmail had tons of exploits that still aren't patched so people and companies have been dropping it rapidly.
I've been looking at roundcube for my company, I don't think horde-level is necessary for us

demo.horde.org/login.php

My webhoster offers Horde and I occasionally use it. But I never set it up properly I guess, it feels less usable than Squirrel. Have to look deeper into it.
I think I remember Roundcube, but something was off as well.
My uni alumnus account now has SOGo. Terrible, totally gets in my way.

I enjoy with Squirrel that I can open every email in a new tab. None of the newer ones lets me do it. And Squirrel doesn't eat my screen real estate, just a small frame on the left and the list with emails on the rest of the window. I can list on a small monitor 15 emails while the newer ones barely display 8-10. And it doesn't pop up a new window for reading or writing an email.

Sometimes I think of taking the old Squirrel code, remove everything I don't want, modernize it to PHP7 and HTML5 and continue to have a happy, simple life.

Been using my own mail server since 2015. It's a shitty Intel Atom NUC with 4GB of RAM booted off a 128GB USB3 thumbdrive. Still faster than GMail

Just use throwawaymail. Each email account only last 24 hours then deletes.

i'll be sure to print that on my business card

You don't have a business card, user. Well, that's not true is it? You do have some, but they are worthless because you don't actually have a business license to have a real business.

Yea fromn that horde demo and the roundcube demo
demo.roundcubeplus.com/?_task=mail&_mbox=INBOX
I'd say roundcube at least you can right click & open in a new tab
I agree a lot of them are too much shit going on. I think roundcube is rather simple though, very minimal crap interface.

I went in the settings and turned off everything lmao
pretty minimal

Attached: file.png (1926x1131, 440K)

why? because i visit Jow Forums?

also this setting
seems ok

Attached: file.png (1925x1146, 456K)

Attached: image.jpg (684x529, 127K)

well yea, 4gb and a NUC is like 50 times more than what gmail dedicates to you.

Thanks, user. Guess I have to give roundcube another visit.

While this is what I dislike. Splitting the screen horizontally, the list of emails above, the opened mail below. On my 27" no problem. On the smaller laptops very inconvenient. Can't see more than a couple of lines. And I don't want to move it up every time I open an email and than down again to navigate the email list. If I find a way to get this changed, roundcube could work.

>On my 27" no problem. On the smaller laptops very inconvenient
yea I agree with that
click the little gear thing on the top left next to the word "subject" you can change it

also turn all of this shit off

Attached: file.png (1107x651, 110K)

Oh man, I really should RTFM before whining around. :)
Thanks user, I'll look into it.

lmao yea
I think I'll be using roundcube for the company, I'll let t hem test the demo and see though
You can also do this orientation
So you can have horizontal, vertical or just a list & open full screen emails / new tabs
pretty nice, it seems rather fast too. I assume the VPS they run this shitty demo on is a chunk of garbage and even a raspberry pi could push the content at the same speed or better

Attached: file.png (1927x1132, 499K)

That sounds actually very promising. Who would have thought...

yea it only has IMAP though no POP3 so it'll all be on the server, most of the time for us at least the server is the same as this client will be running on so it doesn't matter
I have to first get fucking SFP and DKIM correct on the server so we can actually use email so it'll be a while lmao
fuck email

>fuck email
It actually is terrible. The upfront knowledge and careful consideration one has to invest before one can set up and maintain a well-running and secure system is a true bummer.

Yep
I can throw together let's encrypt with nginx, sqlite or postgres, php7 in a few minutes and have it locked down and secure.
I can do the same for file server with samba, or NFS
I can do wireguard or openVPN
but then there's fucking email.. jesus christ

Gmail, so many very important people that botnet ignores me.

They still use your data to train the artificial jew.

I'm jew so it's a win-win relationship

tutanota

Protonmail is fine, OP is a fag

hardware isn't free buddy, unless you're the product (see: google)

self host, you fucking retards

How gullible were people to trust proton mail to begin with?

tutanota.
i have the 12eur/year plan, and i can have catch-all on my custom domain with that, so I'm satisfied.
They're also secure and everything

Attached: serveimage.png (512x512, 13K)

Just switch to PGP and you dont have to trust any potentially malicious mail server.

Using Protonmail
>steigerlegal.ch/2019/05/23/protonmail-real-time-surveillance/

Attached: fec.jpg (289x292, 14K)