BLACKED Edition

>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread: #

Attached: tbc2w10yjpm21.jpg (3232x2424, 459K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/rU7NmbH7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You are degenerate filth.

I pick this thread.

>skullcandy
eww, that's fucking gross

Looking for a nice DAC/AMP combo. As entry level as it can get, but still nice.

> Desktop PC
>Sennheiser HD 598SR

5th for Philips

Attached: L2BO_27-D1P-global-001[1].jpg (1250x1464, 125K)

Topping make the goto budget DAC/AMPs currently. Avoid Schiit at all costs.

FiiO E10K
FiiO K3
Micca Origen G2 + DC 5V power adapter

m-audio have a much better sound but the sennheizer feels comfy as fuck

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (600x401, 22K)

I should've listened :(
Bass is amazing
Comfort is top notch
But the recessed upper mid tones and razor sharp treble is a deal breaker.

What do I replace this with?

Attached: T1.jpg (2016x1512, 135K)

I'm on a very tight budget and I need some headphones. I have my eyes basically set on the Sony MDR-XB550AP: thoughts? Cheap, portable and good reviews. Too bad it's on-ear instead of over-ear but I think I can cope with that.

Attached: sonyheadphones.jpg (615x461, 16K)

is this thing worth 250?

am i gonna get chinked?

Attached: downloadfile-6.jpg (800x800, 318K)

HD 58X

fostex or hifiman for entry level planar?

Not available in my cunt. I could get hd800s?

can't believe i fell for these

Attached: IMG_20170926_191552.jpg (3120x4160, 1.08M)

Modded Fostex because Hifiman failed at build quality before sound even comes into the equation. Consider Argons.

looks like fucking garbage

Get fucked you fucking moron. You deserve it for being retarded and not asking BEFORE ordering the damn thing. And then once people tell you it's shit you went
>B-but (((review sites))) said it was good
And didn't cancel the shit out of it while you could.
You FUCKING buffoon.

No it's not. Topping's NX4 outperforms it in every metric and is cheaper.
Fostex. Only consider HE500 and 5xx used from HiFiMan
Shouldn't have bought shitt redditard.

You seem rather upset lol. I lost just 5% on restock fees so I'm moving on.

gimme

So, im debating buying the JDS Labs amp, what is a good dac to go with it? I have an e10k right now..? should I just use that with it? Currently im looking at a khadas tone board or just pairing it with the OL Dac.

using DT770's and occasionally AKG k612's.

Edit: Jds labs Atom.

Earpads fell of my sennheiser 4.40 and ı cant put them back on, its been 3 hours PLS SEN DHELP

>I have an e10k right now..? should I just use that with it?
yes, the 3.5mm line out

Attached: holiday.jpg (700x692, 58K)

Do you gentoomen also know microphones?
If so, is there a list I could follow for a complete beginner? It'd be nice if my voice wasn't out of a phone's shitty mic desu. As a plus, maybe an arm, pop filter, etc. for recommendations would be cool too.

Just about every single purchased I've had after the HD 600s has been a disappointment. It's a fucking steal if you find them for less than $300.

unironically stax
or you can always try hd600 for once, it's really hard to beat them with good amp
everything else is variation of the above with bloated something or other
you probably will not like 1990 after T1, they also are quite bright

should've got NFB11. 600s are godly with it.

explain to a retard what "linear power supply" means? the brick? is this USA problem because you are afraid of 240v?

Is this fucking real?
pastebin.com/rU7NmbH7

Attached: dumb speedposters.png (888x1263, 303K)

sex. pure sex.
also have sex, incels.

Attached: fo sex.jpg (500x500, 29K)

What headphone should i buy to get laid?

Attached: RE2uFeM.png (1869x1556, 1.06M)

Samson Meteor is good on a budget

Are the SHP9500 still king of >$100 headphones?

Sorry, only earspeakers get you laid

The monoprice M565C are the cheapest planars I can afford here in evropa
Are they alright? I'm an enormous pleb and have only had cheap dynamic headphones before

On Amazon there's one review and it's negative, but review sites seem quite happy with it

Why do you want planars and not a better dynamic? It's not that all planars are necesarilly bad, but overall it's just a cheap tech that gives small boutique manufacturers a chance to compete with the big guys.

Eh, I don't know, really. People always say that their clarity/soundstage is very good and I want to hear what they meant by it. I guess I could also spend less and get Beyers or something, though. Those get raving reviews as well.

Ah, ok. I personally wouldn't trust monoprice. I would rather look at t50rp variations or go for something more expensive for the planar curiosity. You can also get some really good deals on the used market, it's usually a safer choice if you're going in blind or just want to try different stuff.

Thanks a lot for the insight, user. I've never had Monoprice before so the warning is helpful. The used market is quite expensive here sadly and the best deals are overseas in the US, but maybe if I keep looking I can find a good deal.

Thanks again for the help user
Have a nice day

may want to consider the new Takstar HF 580 if you want a planar

Mhm yeah I've heard good things about its drivers, but I'll need to find a seller locally since my country's import taxes from china are ridiculous

Fuck those, ID you want something punchy and mobile, get the Skullcandy Hesh 3, you can get them for like 60 bucks at best buy with price matching, and the sound is pretty good

>Copped the focal elex

Attached: 1532068525883.jpg (298x288, 37K)

Anyone know what a good entry level headset is for high sound quality on budget.

Listen to a complete stranger for a minute

Those sharp highs get better with use, after 1-2 weeks of Daily usage the Headphones have certainly "calmed down"

Its that or my hearing has been damaged so i dont hear them. Im happy either way.

But the fact that my new pair of Tin T2 inears have a higher treble than my beyers Seems to prove my theory correct about beyers need some what of a usage before sounding optimal

>every single purchased I've had after the HD 600s has been a disappointment
kys retard

Whats your budget?

Hey lads. On a new job, decided to get new headphones to avoid using company issued ones.
I use Sennheiser Game one at home, and right now I use the Momentum m2, but I'd rather not haul them to work every day.

Is Sennheiser GSP 300 alright? I heard that hyperx is good, but it looks like garbage.

I'm lokking to buy the sennheiser that you have bu the SE version, are they different,do you reccomend the?
I'm buying them for 100 euros used.

not 100% headphone related:
>phantom power supply from amazon
>presumably designed for use in the united states
>designed for 120V downshift to ~48V
If I live in a country with 240V sockets, is this just flat out not going to work?

I need to buy a power supply appropriate to my country, right?

What's the best Sennheiser HD500 headphone set? Leaning towards the 559. Want something with a wide soundstage or am I better off saving for the fidelios?

Heard the HD800S for the first time today. I thought /hpg/ said it's supposed to sound bad and bright but I really enjoyed them and a definite clear upgrade over my HD600.

HD800S fixed the peakiness of the HD800

are mdr v6 8 hour comfy?

Maybe if you replaced the pads, but it won't sound good either.

any 500$ headphones are a huge upgrade over the mudfest that is hd600 to the point that it becomes unlistenable.
of course the hd800s is better, but it's still one of the worst headphones at its price point.

Same
Should arrive next week. It's the sole thing making me wake up in the morning

duh, they cost $2k over $250 600s.

>I insert 600s into motherboard output and complain about their sound
as ex 1990 owner, 1990 is not worth double the price at all.

Should I still get HD600 when I could just get HD800?
Sounds like your ears are just adjusting to ear rape. I cant use mine for long sessions

You just get used to it. I used DT770s for years but after I got the HD600s the DT770s ear rape treble makes them unlistenable. Which sucks cause they have such a nice sub bass.

Advice on what I should go for? Converted price to USD.
I can get free postage on some Audio Technica headphones (closest store that sell headphones is a 4 hour drive away and the probably only have beats).
Normally postage costs me around 40USD.

My options are.
M40x 69.99 USD
M50x 104.99 USD
M50xBT 139.99 USD

Attached: image-placeholder-title.jpg (1200x645, 76K)

What's better than the Philips Fidelio x2 in the price range ?

Is /iemg/ dead for good?

>Applel garbage

shit thread

low iq poorfag cope

No. Let it rest for a day or two and it'll be back.

HD599 obviously

I believe the only redeeming quality of the 5 series is comfort, which is top notch indeed. Sound is pretty meh, mids are veiled and bass has bloat but not a lot of impact (coming from a friend's 599).

>I could just get HD800?
not S? not worth it, unless you really love to EQ, you need to EQ 800 peaks,also got a treble peak not as beyers but there
everyone should try 600s.
It's a road of disappointment after them, do not listen to beyer shill who dwells here he is deaf at around 14khz and above.

>mids are veiled
that's the only thing all senns do excellently. 559 are muddy, true.

>thinks $600 is a lot
projecting much?

My bad, meant HD800S. But you are saying HD600 is good value proposition?

6xx

just try it. they aren't perfect, nothing can be
you will know what's the fuss about, a lot of people after wandering about to different brands and high-end headphones return to them and just stop
if you can afford 800S you can also look at audeze propositions, it has darker sound than sennheisers though
and stax, nothing beats stax at detail(okay. LCD4 detail is good), highs and mids(have to seal mod for bass)

58X
DT990

is it ok to buy headphones from amazon just to try it out because I can't find it locally

have stax

Why not?

I have that exact pair and it's a godly set, I love the 598.

yikes.

Alright thanks user I'll try them out

>hd598
>godly

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 45K)

What's wrong with the HD590?

dont talk to me

It feels kind of wrong. I've only ever returned one item, but I'm scared Bezos is gonna flag my account for abuse or something ;_;

Nothing for their price, but calling them godly is a bit too much.

yawn, contrarian shitposters
everyone knows /hpg/ is the shittiest general in Jow Forums, can't go ten posts without seeing someone shill Stax. The 598 is awesome, got it for $200 7 years ago, it's still going strong, never broke or anything, open backed headphones have ruined me now I'll never use closed back ones. I can't think of anything as good for $200, especially back then.

Why do people shill Shitheisser so much? Is it a muh german engineering/quality meme?

Bro fuck Bezos and fuck Amazon. Your returns are just factored in

Attached: 1559627960884.jpg (640x800, 75K)

Lol that looks like one of my wigs
But yeah true. There's millions of others buying and returnint so it'll be ok. I looked on reddit for answers but they only spooked me ;_;

>/hpg/ is the shittiest general in Jow Forums
so you never visted any other general

>tfw chink shills shilling chinkshit Stax ruined yet another general

Attached: 1548457289158.jpg (500x698, 260K)

Nah, buy to try and return if you don’t like is how you use amazon. Otherwise they wouldn’t give you the option to return, hell with Prime purchases they even give you 30 days to make up your mind.

>pride month
>influx of stax shills
cant make this shit up