Grater innovation

this is actually really innovative, what's with all the hate?

Attached: lattice-structure-large.webm-00-00-09.133.jpg (740x890, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fanlesstech.com/2018/03/quiet-pcs-silent-phantom.html
xlr8yourmac.com/systems/G5_coolant_leaks.html
3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Fluorinert-Electronic-Liquid-FC-3283/?N=5002385 3290667328&rt=rud
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's beautiful

Attached: lattice-structure-large.webm (740x890, 2.46M)

It doesn't do shit except make it more accessible for cockroaches and dust/debri. It's going to suffer from severe debilitation constant overheating and thermal throttling. At least it can grate cheese.

Attached: 234219edb5596486af11e985673ebd6edd0eca_GALVDR643565thumbfull720macgrattuggia_1_5cf63085dd173300.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

What's the point?

>source: Epitaph

three-dimensional design, bigger surface area

better than the trashcan
i think it looks cool but it's way overpriced

The apple trash can actually had better airflow than this pile of dogshit desu. Talk about one foot forward and 2 steps backward.

>crazy expensive milling for no reason at all
I hope it's at least some kind of heatsink

Trashcan was way better design, honestly.
But I'd say trashcan was more of a replacement for macmini

I like how they took the G5 Pro cheese grater meme and thought that's what people actually wanted the computer to look like.

fuck I wish I worked for apple, you can do dumb shit all day and people will still buy it

It's not expensive at all, it only uses a single dome shaped milling tool

>Here's your grated Parmesan.
First Apple ruins headphones, now they ruin cheese.
Give it a few years and iToddlers will have restaurants using wide-grated cheese by default. Fucking infuriating.

Attached: cheese.jpg (300x200, 9K)

Ironically the 2018 Mac mini is a replacement for the trashcan.

I actually liked the original cheese grater, this however looks like absolute dogshit

Does the mini have desktop-class CPUs or laptop CPUs? what about the iMac?

>4 vegas
>only 1400 watt psu
so is still a trash can

Trypophobic nightmare, what a fucking shit design.

This is still one of the best looking computers ever released on the consumer market.
You need to study more design.

Attached: powermacg5_2cpus_open-100043320-orig.jpg (1072x1060, 319K)

it is truly ingenious in how simple it is

>equidistant perfectly symmetrical holes trigger your autism

how come nobody has done an actual cooking video using apple devices? here we have all the tools, macbook air knife, mac pro grater, macbooks also double as cooking device

Attached: dims.jpg (600x273, 37K)

>It's not expensive at all, it only uses a single dome shaped milling tool
It's a ballnose, it also needs flood cooling to keep the aluminum from sticking to the bit. It's a pretty expensive way to make HOLES. Btw, the aluminum blank itself is a big chunk, not cheap in the very least. It takes several operations just to make it good enough for milling the holes.

7nm vegas*

>this is actually really innovative
wrong. What advantages does it bring to the airflow? As far as I know, all it does is increase the case sturdiness, but that's a feature nobody asked for, it's completely unnecessary (and ugly).

>three valves per cylinder

Go grate your balls off on one of the things you colossal faggot.

>waste material and waste power in recycling
>innovative
BWAHAHAH

Attached: all65034-2.jpg (650x432, 58K)

Looks like a cool 3D print project

Why? Noise/airflow? Where's the data?

>How can we get people to pay more for less aluminum?

> bigger surface area
??? you call that innovation???
What does better than, I don't now, something like this?

fanlesstech.com/2018/03/quiet-pcs-silent-phantom.html (This is probably cheaper than the monitor stand)

Apple fans are just absolutely deluded, worst than the 90% of insufferable faggots in this board. IMHO kys.

Attached: 3.jpg (1398x1600, 267K)

That screams no airflow.

shit! know*

You probably don't know what are fanless coolers, less is more

perfect for roaches

well you scream no intelligence.

>fanless coolers
Sounds like a thermal nightmare, Jobs.

I don't think the design deserves all this hate, but it is ugly as shit and more overpriced than a Supreme t-shirt signed by Justin Bieber.

Attached: Leslie-Jones.jpg (618x636, 230K)

kek

>cockroaches
Clean your house you filthy nigger

the g5 looks amazing. this is an abomination.

The ones that truly don't give a fuck about working for Apple do the best in that company.

this is literally giving me trypophobia, every time I look at the case it gets worse

Attached: 1555240878983.jpg (495x362, 17K)

STOP SHITTING ON OUR NEXT GEN HOLE TECHNOLOGY REEEEEEEE

trypohobia is not autism

Faggots react to Apple the way your mom reacts to whatever new phone or tech you just spent a pile of money on. “Why a new phone? The old one is perfectly good! Doesn’t matter the advantages you cite, the old (familiar) way is the best way to her.

citation plz.

>20k computer
>cockroaches

spending all your money on a computer so you end up living in a cockroach infested apartment

never change Jow Forums

The holes look cool, it's the stupid fucking handle and feet that ruin it.

Look at all that efficient space between the valves. Why even design this head if you’re going to half ass it

>bigger surface area
to collect dust?

More efficient than 2 valves, cheaper and more reliable than 4 valves.

holey shit

the fuck

Yeah it's worse than autism, it means you're a pussy.

wait... so they machined each and every hole on that thing? lol, no wonder its a billion dollars. this is like that 400$ fruit juicer

Attached: iSaftpresse.jpg (748x542, 174K)

also cheap

>machined
it easy and cheap, aluminium is easy to cut

What's the manufactoring process? Ball head cutter on the front side and then drilling holes in the back?

It is watercooled isn't? Do you have to replace the water after X years? I have a 2.1 but want a G5 too for Ubuntu. PCIE or AGP?

It's as if Apple is making their macs fugly for free publicity when people talk about it.

Maybe they were aiming for maximum shock value to save on advertising.

>this is actually really innovative, what's with all the hate?
The cheese gets grated too finely. I don't like that

It's also a shit design. It's not hard to but a bunch of parametric equations into matlab and make it bash them together to come up with a more efficient theoretical heatsink design (and machining cost doesn't really matter to apple, they're generally willing to go the extra mile in it since they have huge profit margins anyway)

> this is actually really innovative
It's not a radiator, but just a mesh for air intake. Absolutely no difference, they could use cloth for a front panel.

Imagine what all these holes will look like covered in dust, and how annoying it'll be to clean them out.

>cockroaches

Attached: 1549126785206.jpg (580x435, 25K)

They're selling you less material and make it a selling point

Seriously though, that case is super premium, and if it were being sold as a standalone product by a case manufacturer they could easily get away with charging $400 or more.

the holes are more expensive than the material itself

Its not innovative at all there's preexisting cases with the same crap. It looks like apple bought those cases then slapped some cheap cupboard pull handles on top.

>I'm triggered by a pattern and have a special word for it!

Attached: image.jpg (708x800, 174K)

Get a Dual-Core (not Dual-Processor) 2.3 GHz PowerPC 970MP PowerMac11,2 (Late 2005).
This is the last air cooled model Apple released and it's therefore more reliable on paper while still having decent performance.
The G5 Quad however is said to be pretty reliable too, considering most of the busted G5s I've seen been sold "for parts" are PMs 7,3; 9,1 & 7,3.
Here you can read about users experiences with leaks:
xlr8yourmac.com/systems/G5_coolant_leaks.html
The Quad is still listed there, but not as prominent as the other models. Granted, if you happen to find a working one on sale, you should immediately check for any signs of leakage or failure, then if possible replace the coolant with something like the 3M Fluorinert FC-3283.
3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Fluorinert-Electronic-Liquid-FC-3283/?N=5002385 3290667328&rt=rud

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: oIn0XSt.jpg (2272x1704, 244K)

See

>stick your finger in
>start bleeding

thank you

except spheres are a minimum surface, actual maximum surface area look like coral (fractal)

That's chocolate

I actually liked that front grille.
it would look pretty cool if they were smaller, and decorating the front of unecessarily big cases. I hope case-labs picks it up.

>i-it looks like something else i recognize!!

Good, remain ignorant. Good for smart people that sell you overpriced ego-feeding crap

I actually like the design of the case and I would buy the case as a stand alone IF it had a dust filter on the front and back. That's my only complaint about it.

they should have gone with the glass meme
this thing would look amazing if it was transparent

Attached: post-38373-0-94762300-1485616266.jpg (1000x1363, 246K)

Attached: apple-mac-pro-technology-news_dezeen_2364_col_6-852x980.jpg (852x980, 73K)

You are a fucking dumbass

Innovation for the grater good

pretty much right on spot.

The design is fine.
The Mac Pro is fine.
The new display is fine.

The PRICE, on the other hand is hilarious.

$999 for a stand? People actually laughed AT the event, the most enthusiastic iToddler's laughed at Apple's own announcement.

$5999 for the base Mac Pro is also insane, the BASE model has the specs of a $2000/$3000 equivalent computer, and thats even IF you need all the workstation features, you can build a PC with a better processor and graphics card for fucking $1500, easy.

The decked out Mac Pro's are more impressive performance wise, but again, once you upgrade everything you're paying something like $45,000

Lastly, $4999 and $5999 are insane for the display, pretty as it might be.

The only people who are going to buy this are rich hipsters and businesses who write blank checks for hardware.

Desu any case without unicorn-vomit led strips can be beautiful

>The only people who are going to buy this are rich hipsters and businesses who write blank checks for hardware
Boomers and 30 year old boomers ruined tech

My Mac Pro from 2006 still runs like the day it was purchased. I dual boot Windows 10 + OSX, and while certain stock motherboard limitations can be restricting; it is undoubtedly the case itself which has best withstood the tests of progress/time. Aluminum hull machines are the future.

The price of the display isn't even the problem.
If it's a true pro display with the exact specs it claims to have then the price is almost reasonable. Problem is that this is the only option Apple provides. So you either pay for a display your workload might not even fucking need or you pick a third party display. Which kinda ruins the whole point of buying an Apple product. Also thunderbolt 3 displays are just kinda hard to come by.
The design on both the display and the Mac is also hideous, but that's subjective.
And yeah what the fuck is up with the stand.
Oh and why no 16:10 on a pro display released by Apple of all companies?

But the display and its ludicrous mounting options are hardly the problem.
The real problem is that it's 2019 and Apple is still using overpriced, underperforming housefire 14nm++++ Intel products, and that all the 6000 dollar base model fucking gets is the "pro" version of a 200 dollar graphics card.
Also it's Apple so of course their cooling solution is a meme and a half and the machine is in a retarded form factor.

Overall though, this would be a significant improvement over the trashcan if it weren't double the fucking asking price.

>Apple does silly heatsinks in place of vents
>"lmao wtf Apple has no vents, no wonder it overheats during renders"

>Apple includes vents on their workstations class computer
>"lmao wtf Apple has all these ugly vents, now dust is going to get in there"

Apple can't win with/g/-tards, they think in memes instead of thinking for themselves.

Attached: 1542695307009.jpg (1000x879, 455K)

Not really. It's just a simple pattern. A pattern on its own is hardly an object of beauty.

Attached: Jez_2.png (1203x1124, 1.14M)

A PC case should have one intake and one exhaust, completely insulated everywhere else. The air should be throughly filtered and the fans should be configured to maintain positive pressure inside for more efficient cooling. This shit will choke up on dust and burst into flames.

The mini has a desktop cpu in a special package.