Freezes when doing the most basic tasks on windows

>freezes when doing the most basic tasks on windows
I thought Jow Forumsee said this was the best email client, is this really the best you can get in 20fucking19?

Attached: 9E7AC5C2-D92D-4ED1-91EF-8FB4FD5864B9.png (1200x1181, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll let you in on a dirty little secret: most Jow Forumseezers use webmail but are too embarrassed to admit it.

werks on my machine
then again it is kinda bloated

I had my grandma using it as a replacement for outlook, but it was costing me too much sanity to maintain it.

I used webmail until gmail became ungodly slow due to updates. Now I use Windows Mail and Calendar.
I occasionally use web gmail to search for old emails because Windows Mail search sucks sometimes.
But really Apple's Mail.app, with column list view for emails, is the best email client I've ever used. Haven't used it since 2011 but nothing compares. Sometimes I consider writing a clone for Windows.

Do it and sell it if you want, I know I'd buy it. All the competitors use microshaft's shitty design language.

If I wanted garbage UI I'd stick with the outlook web app, but I'm trying to keep that cancer away

I have beefy specs and a single email tied to it (and an inbox at only 1,000 emails). I have no idea why it's choking so fucking hard

doesnt happen on mine. also yea unfortunately its the best client right now. but its not amazing, its just that everything else is so damn bad.

>I thought Jow Forumsee said this was the best
lol no it's literally the worst

I'm new to it, how can I make the search function less terrible?

I figured the results would be like the standard inbox listing but instead it's some retarded search engine-esque view that doesn't make any sense

I've got 3 accounts and nearly 13000 emails. Did you compress your local files?

It makes me sad that storing 13000 emails is still a challenge for computers. Your average email is like 100 kB maybe, 1.3 GB should be a non-issue.

What do you use, mister bait man?

It's about 2GB due to one of those accounts being the one I use for online shopping and email offers so it gets a tons of advertisements.

Sure, and 2GB of emails should still be a fucking non-issue. Tech is abysmal.

I guess but like I said my own problem was that it was a bit of memory hog at times. I haven't had any crashes or other issues. I wonder why nobody has made a better client but, then I remember most people use their phones and webmail.

It almost seems like email tech on the desktop has gone backwards.

claws mail, I mostly use it to read mailing lists though, I don't use email that much. but thunderbird was so cluttered I gave up in 20 minutes

>mu4w + Emacs

that's all you need.

>emacs
>email

Attached: image.jpg (596x590, 177K)

I have an i3-6100, SSD, 8 gb ram, and over 3k inbox and thunderbird runs smooth even while doing other thing. maybe it is because I am on Systemd+Linux?

>using a dedicated program just for mail.
It's literally files in a directory you dolts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir

Attached: maildir.png (227x383, 19K)

I turned it off but haven't noticed a difference.

I use Claws Mail. I used to use Neomutt, but I kinds like Claws more.