Is digital nomad a meme...

Is digital nomad a meme? Tell me why I shouldn't save up $60k in a year in San Fransisco then spend the next three years living off of savings in low cost of living countries and trying to freelance.

Attached: nomad.png (846x605, 952K)

How are you going to have a family and secure a future for your race if you're busy being a hippy faggot?

Do you want a stable life, don't become a nomad

>he thinks he will be able to pay cost of living in SF and then also save any amount
>he thinks he will save $60k
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>subjugating yourself to the autistic ideology of the worst board on a bolivian mud-diving website

you guys need to start saving hex right now

Attached: HxD.png (766x498, 36K)

I saved almost a quarter of that during my summer internship and full-time pays more. Stay mad wagelet.

Because life in the Philippines is shit especially when whatever dictator replaces Duterte will raid bank accounts belonging to foreigners while imposing a deposit tax. Mexico is better, but Mexico's military is also competent enough to enforce extradition orders when Uncle Sam comes looking for his taxes.

Also, living in the Bay Area in general is fucking AWFUL unless you own a house and even then it's an underwhelming deal unless you bought your house before 1990. There are far better places to live in norcal (Monterrey, Eurkea, Sacramento, Fresno) with far larger houses (3bd/3ba/4gr stock) and an actual social security system for when you get old and want to retire.

Also , most people won't be able to save $60k unless they are litterally homeless and living out of their cars. The only guys I know who work in the 415 that are able to pull this off are all tradesmen who share a trailer and shower at a gym. They make about ~$300k/yr before taxes without a college degree but it's 80-hour workweeks and they missed out on their kids' early years. However, they also own fuckhuge mcmansions out in Reno and Las Vegas.

>the airgapped private intranet chad who collects all his offline media into his own private network and despises wireless

>the wifi connected botnet cloud storage virgin streamer

$1500 a month for a room in a shared house in oakland near mass transit. $140k income less $20k rent less $40k tax = $80k surely I can take care of whats left with $20k.

That's a shitty way to live considering that you can share a trailer with four other people for about $50/mo (less if someone volunteers to dump the tanks on their own) and get a similar experience. In this case you're keeping $100k/yr if not more. Living out of your car works too.

But again these guys are making at least double that because the supply and demand for tradesmen is so out of whack. The ones who live in Canada are making the most money, since Canada will still let travelling workers write off travel expenses whereas Trump stopped letting people do that last year.

Have you ever been to Oakland? It's not somewhere people want to live.

you could just go to rural USA and be a nomad in your own country. Plus points if you do it in a state that allows guns.

Yeehaw!

>Is digital nomad a meme?
Yes, pretty much.
A lot of people want to do it and it's very difficult to do successfully, at least for the money that you want to earn.

You're competing with Indians, Flips and Slavs. The ones you're competing with speak decent English too.
Money is green so when you're asking someone to pay 3x the cost of a brown person, they're not going to care how white you are. The Slavs are white too btw.
This is the real problem with remote freelancing, getting clients. It's why it's not something you do at the start of your career, it's something you do at the peak of your career. When you have lots of relationships built up after years of on-site work, it's much easier to find new work because people will just be like "email Frank, he's in Thailand fucking ladyboys but still does work for us sometimes".
Or, have a small number of clients for whom you have permanent part-time contracts with and then go on the road.

If you can't work from home where you currently are, you can't do it overseas either. Start off making it work in USA to prove the concept or you're going to be crawling home broke and humiliated.

I've already made a little bit off topcoder. It's not that often that something appealing is listed, but when it is I can make a pretty good amount for the time I put into it. If I can't make much though I could just put the time to learning machine learning or something instead. If I fail I can just come back when I'm down to like $20k having learned some new skills and tidied up my portfolio. Why try it in the US first when its cheaper to do so elsewhere?

$60k in a year? that's alot of blowjobs

Or just one really good one ;)

I made this mistake early career and ended up not getting much work
Still recovering

Care to share your experiences? Did you start somewhere good before trying nomad?

>Why try it in the US first when its cheaper to do so elsewhere?
living in poor countries is difficult for other reasons

you only could have pulled that off if you lived in buttfuck nowhere and commuted hours a day, or lived with mommy and daddy/had them subsidize your rent

No. I graduated and was retarded and tried to go freelance. I tried for a couple of years but never got traction

Now I'm trying to get a more formal job but it isn't looked on as much more than a career Gap instead of experience.

I'm honestly at a bit of a loss

>50k/year
>brags
You can't write this shit

$3000 housing stipend covered all my rent since I stayed in room in a shared house in Oakland.

If you can't work from home in your own country, you can't do it abroad.

A lot like hooking up with girls, really.

>50k/year
m8 it was 25k/90days

ah so you lived like a chinaman then

t. 4E 54 46 53 user

>25 is "almost a quarter" of 60
Are you actually retarded?

Obviously I didn't manage to save the entire 25k

Nothing wrong with that. The Chinamen in the capital are actually pretty based. Taiwan, I mean.

I work from home and was thinking about doing this, but I think it's a meme. What's in some shithole in the east that I can't get here in North America? I mean you could go to glorious nippon but it's expensive and you'd be living in a closet for 3 months, here I have a whole house and acres of land to myself

yes, it is a meme, because most of jobs require you to be in a fucking office, so high salaries of countless managers are justified

there is literally no demand for remote, or you have to code some cryptic crap, like Android, or Angular for $5

>digital nomad
No, mad.

yes, slavs are a problem. they are stupid, pushy and highly ambitious (but have no idea how much smarter, exponentially smarter are average MIT/Caltech/Stanford grads) so they are fucking cancer ruining a job market

Indians are fine, just undisciplined, while Asians are god-tier and lots of them tops these ivy league schools marks.

those who have once seen one of those math-studying Asian stars would understand what I am saying here

slavs are just inbreed white-skinned niggers

>there is nothing wrong with living like an insect

Attached: casey.gif (300x169, 817K)

comparing to whom?

Insects get shit done.

Bro did you forget income tax exists?

good goy

not quite, but its much easier if you market an image to people and sell that rather than directly sell your labor as a tech worker. I've met a blogger couple, a dude with a small online jewelry and clothes shop, and a programmer in hostels of SEA who were all able to travel indefinitely if they wished.

While not digital nomad specifically, being a general nomad is easy as fuck if you're from a country that speaks english and you have a degree, since you can always just get a job teaching English wherever you go.
You have to be a retard or living in an expensive country to go through 20k USD a year though. Even developed places don't need anywhere near that much.
When I was in Tokyo, for food, transport (the big cost), rent and internet I was looking at around 8k USD a year if I had to pay for my housing.
Bangkok, more of a typical low price destination, was more around 4.5k a year.
If you can't make 60k usd last for 10 years in a fair few countries, then there's something legitimately wrong with you.

>>less 40k tax
come on bro read

Man 10 years as a travel neet sounds great. Tell me how you do it.

I have 400k... How long till I'm free

>digital nomad
LOL, dream on

>digital nomad
>freelance
It's a meme. Just save up for 5 years and spend the rest of your life playing video games.

>Just save up for 5 years and spend the rest of your life playing video games.
if you die in 6 years

I've been both a travel neet for a few years and varying levels of travel employed. Normally as an english teacher, but also tutoring students at uni in other subjects sometimes.
Honestly, just having a degree is the best thing you can do to become a travel teacher, since most countries just want you to be from a place that has english as a native language and to have a degree. The more competitive areas, or some countries in general, want you to have a TEFL certification of some kind but you can just get that through your degree if you want (do a minor in linguistics and one in education and you'll find it super easy)
As for actual travel neet, that was just from saving up money and deciding to go see the world for a bit. That's when I did Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, that SEA area. Those regions are super cheap.
The most important skill for a travel neet is to be able to cook, and semi-okay social skills help a lot. You're a novelty outside of the large cities in these areas, and you can milk that white monkey status if you want. Although there's super cheap street food, being able to cook will help you stretch your dollars (Just like in any country).
The main thing that helps me is finding super cheap places to eat and building a rapport with the people there. Generally they're happy to help you learn how to cook local food and the like, and so you can add to your repertoire.
Really immerse yourself in the local areas, pick up as much of the language as you can (a lot of these countries have cheap language courses on offer, and that extends to East Asia as well. Tokyo has a bunch of volunteer ones that aren't the best quality but that only cost about $9 USD.

tl;dr: Cook food, engage with locals, take cheap language classes, do your tourist stuff but then really immerse yourself in the culture and try to integrate. Move when you get bored.

>I've been both a travel neet for a few years and varying levels of travel employed. Normally as an english teacher, but also tutoring students at uni in other subjects sometimes.
>Honestly, just having a degree is the best thing you can do to become a travel teacher, since most countries just want you to be from a place that has english as a native language and to have a degree. The more competitive areas, or some countries in general, want you to have a TEFL certification of some kind but you can just get that through your degree if you want (do a minor in linguistics and one in education and you'll find it super easy)
>As for actual travel neet, that was just from saving up money and deciding to go see the world for a bit. That's when I did Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, that SEA area. Those regions are super cheap.
>The most important skill for a travel neet is to be able to cook, and semi-okay social skills help a lot. You're a novelty outside of the large cities in these areas, and you can milk that white monkey status if you want. Although there's super cheap street food, being able to cook will help you stretch your dollars (Just like in any country).
>The main thing that helps me is finding super cheap places to eat and building a rapport with the people there. Generally they're happy to help you learn how to cook local food and the like, and so you can add to your repertoire.
>Really immerse yourself in the local areas, pick up as much of the language as you can (a lot of these countries have cheap language courses on offer, and that extends to East Asia as well. Tokyo has a bunch of volunteer ones that aren't the best quality but that only cost about $9 USD.
>tl;dr: Cook food, engage with locals, take cheap language classes, do your tourist stuff but then really immerse yourself in the culture and try to integrate. Move when you get bored.
Don't girls not want to be with a poor

I've only ever had that issue with American girls and Cantonese girls tbqh.

>hurr durr what is passive income

nigger

found the triggered Jow Forumsack

you don't need to work in the first place if you have """""passive income"""""

The easiest way to get capital income is to acquire starting capital. This is literally finance 101. Not that I would expect a NEET to understand.

>secure a future for your race
maybe my race isn't the one being naturally removed from the gene pool : ^ )

Attached: 1543734016163.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

Dat rat race.

Attached: 3647c63c838fd0a8313b703729f63696.jpg (647x316, 53K)

> Living out of your car works too

I pity you guys.
How shitty your quality of life seems to be in the US.
+ you don't even have basic healthcare.

Get out of this rat race and join the comfy /MasterRace/ in Europe bros.

Attached: the-rat-race-74009.jpg (610x452, 84K)

Europoors have to work for their entire lives. Americans only have to work for 5-10 years.

And Canada gets American working conditions forever ;_;

I hate this faggot country

Yeah, true.
Wages are WAY lower here in Europe, and we are taxed to death.

Attached: 501f8139aced2baca46ae67b45c0e66c.png (477x358, 212K)

Give it back, Tyrone

>a family
>implying

Attached: 1558819548317.jpg (251x242, 8K)

based

I bet you also think white genocide is real

Attached: image.jpg (367x219, 107K)

>securing a future for your race
>wage slaving for your children
>so they can do the same for theirs
>repeat ad infinitum

I’m going to secure my cock in an Asian ladyboy you faggot, I don’t give a fuck what happens to the white race.

>living off of savings
First of all - unless you're on a (short) vacation, why would you? Because of some retarded Jow Forums memes and buzzwords?
>surviving off of freelance
Yeah, about as probable and possible as alchemy. In conclusion - don't.

if you do it right, they'll do better than you and eventually your kin won't have to wageslave anymore. But if you but into consumerist propaganda and buy consumables as fast as you can earn, then they will do the same and you will be still be chattel in 1000 years

m8 the cost of living is like $400/month in some of these countries.

>sharing a trailer with 4 guys
Enjoy being butt fucked and murdered in your sleep.

Did someone from the Balkans murder your family members or something? And it's not like you only hate them. Anyway:

>if you work hard people 7 generations from now might become rich considering everyone does the same and no major problems appear
Oh, wow. Thx capitalism !

Cool story, but $60k isn't an infinite amount of money and you'd have to quit a job for a fucking Jow Forums meme instead of taking a vacation once in a while. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

They go back to mcmansions after a few years. This sort of thing is not plausible outside the US.

They're all part of the same Union, doing that sort of shit will actually get them suspended from work without pay. They all know that, too. Money talks.

So you're telling me that Americans rat race hard during their youth, so they can retire quite early in their McMansion?

I don't give a fuck about that gay shit because I'm not a fag. Neck yourself.

THE LEVEL OF COPE

Attached: pepe_lmao.jpg (179x250, 7K)

seething