Imagine paying 7k dollarydoos for a 60hz monitor, lmao

imagine paying 7k dollarydoos for a 60hz monitor, lmao

Attached: applel.png (1580x523, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

6K resolution and a sustained 1000 nits, show me another monitor that can do that for $6000

Anything about 60hz is a complete and utter meme.

the specs also don't include the response time, so we can safely assume it's terrible

4K 100hz
Acer ProDesigner BM270 for $1499

Color reproduction? And 4K isn't 6K.

Why would graphics designers, musicians, and programmers need 60+hz?

Gamer idiots that think higher refresh rate is the primary technical progression in a monitor

are you implying they need the other specs? and/or couldn't get them somewhere else for a fraction of the price?

>imagine paying 30k for an equivalent monitor.

Attached: 30grand.png (1357x796, 495K)

shit specs. not even 1000nits

you're comparing a relatively new technology to others, there aren't even much monitors that are 1000 nits native, wait for 6 months max and there will be cheaper alternatives that won't need a $999 stand.
how i am this sure? because apple never been a price/performace brand and never will be.

As if human eye could see past 30Hz

where is the 24hz i thought this was suppose to be a professional display

>iBoys still believe begin real reference monitor

OP is a retard as usual
the real crime is the 576 zones

If the stand is sold separately, are they at least going to include a "non Pro" stand with this monitor?

Why would musicians and programmers need a 6k monitor ?

Nigger I used to work in a medical field and imagery, 5k monitor are a reality since 15 years but the response time was like 50ms. No one care about your zoomer opinion.

Attached: Blank_3a6a6180f9bdc3338101a6f485131640.jpg (317x326, 33K)

you serious?

Yeah? And? So? Let's not pretend that 4K is useful, forget fucking 6K whatever that is.
How the fuck do you stand looking at 1000 nits of brightness?

Apple is a smoke and mirrors brand. Every product is engineered to more or less self destruct in a couple years.

then explain how come my CRT monitor feels so smooth on 100hz but like shit on 60hz

>a sustained 1000 nits

overkill, say goodbye to your eyeballs.

Give 3 reasons why you need a 6k over a 4k as a musician.

why 3?
a lot of programs make use of a timeline
higher resolution means more accurate waveforms at a glance

Imagine comparing gaymer trash to reference monitors, on a tech board!

what is that supposed to mean anyways ?

More resolution is always nice, no matter what you do. Not like their monitor is meant for musicians either way.

>single issue buyer
Enjoy your 25hz cinematic garbage. Meanwhile normal people will buy a 4k 100hz+ for a cheaper price.

b-but muh 120fps *insert raging feels guy*

t. /v/

>Why would graphics designers, musicians, and programmers need 60+hz?
They wouldn't and they don't.

>350 cd/m2
>no P3 color profile
in the trash it goes

>Meanwhile normal people
It's not meant for normal people, dumb fuck. Professional hardware IS for single issue buyers, who do things where a monitor for 40k is actually a good investment, since they work on projects that are worth (hundreds of) millions.

I was asked to give reasons why a musician would appreciate a higher resolution monitor

>wait for 6 months max and there will be cheaper alternatives that won't need a $999 stand.
Same was said for the 5K iMac.
Half a decade later, a 5K screen only still costs more than the whole computer, even if you're buying both used.

>How the fuck do you stand looking at 1000 nits of brightness?
>what is HDR content
the literal state of Jow Forums

>resolutionlets

They also settled on 6k while TVs are already pushing 8k. What's even the point?

>wtf why is my monitor so small when you can buy 80 inch and oled tv’s? Apple btfo!

Yikes

lol, why would someone spend 6k on a display if you cant even game on it ? apple btfo

Stop shitting on Apple for the 1000 USD stand. You dont get aesthetics with your crap thinkpad. This thing is worth it as a piece of artwork from Apple in California. Besides, if you cannot afford this bargain you have an even bigger bargain the 200 USD VESA mount instead. It is just 20% and works for installing it on the wall.

I would say go for the stand though, I bought the Apple design book too for 300 USD as I love to appreciate their design before I go to sleep. Its a shame this stand is not included in it yet, but I look forward to the second volume of the book.

>what is HDR content
I don't know, something that's featured in 20 or so YouTube videos? Surely worth staring at fucking 1000 nits for and paying an arm and a leg to do so.

Holy fucking kek.
The monitor is for you to WORK on HDR content, not watching someone else's work like the loser you are.

Short bursts of 1000 nits is fine but prolonged use hurts.

>selling subpar hardware to professionals
double yikes

>subpar
>literally top of the line specs for a great price

Hmmmm

>The monitor is for you to WORK on HDR content
WOOOOOAAAAHH WOOOOOW DUDE! Everyone and their mother is uploading HDR videos left and right, better buy the most ridiculously overpriced smartphone and a fucking several thousand dollar monitor for that, it'll surely be worth it. And yeah, of course everyone already has the hardware and of course everyone and their mother is working on HDR content.

This monitor is just going to get btfo'd by microled in 5 years. Apple btfo once again

>let them work with a 6k monitor when content will be 8k
Expose your big nose.

smooth UI ? i don't see why you're so againt it, even 90hz is a palpable upgrade

So go buy an 8k 1000nits perfect colour accuracy monitor for 5k from your favoured apple competitor then?

Why does it have refresh rates below 60Hz?

every movie is produced in HDR these days
there are tons of HDR blu ray releases already out

why though, when you can game perfectly on a 4k acer monitor that has a higher refresh rate and better specs anyways ?

Can't; have to settle for Apple garbage that'll use water damage markers that change color any time there might be humidity in the air.

>every movie is produced in HDR these days
>every movie
I've barely seen 4K releases online, forget HDR and that only applies to action movie and superhero movie garbage franchises.

Well, don't take your monitor swimming, faggot.

Because, as you hopefully learned in this thread, reference monitors to work on HDR content are fucking expensive. Apple unironically might change the industry since even poorfag studios and filmmakers could afford these monitors.

online where? tons of 4k HDR blu rays are out there and some digital platforms have HDR too
the pirate sites haven't entirely caught up yet but you can find remuxes of the blu rays
even some of the HDR remasters of older movies are very good because film has a larger dynamic range than the old digital formats

>sustained 1000 nits
Never thought I'd see the day someone portrayed this as a good thing

Attached: qgnc4.jpg (283x280, 29K)

It's crucial for the task the monitors are intended for. No one suggests you to watch your chinese cartoons on these.

Imagine having not enough money to spend it on whatever the fuck you want.

in HDR video you don't typically stare at a screen blasting 1000 nits
you get a specular highlight or an onscreen light source at a realistically bright level
they need 1000 nits sustained to meet every possible use case without burning up or throttling

Jow Forums brainless showing once again that all they know about computers is muh gaymes and muh 10 year old thinkpad

literally nobody is shooting or mastering in 8K so 6K is perfectly fine for 4K

professional monitor is for industry professionals, not your mum.

HDR is the next big thing so professionals need the right hardware to work on it.

Meme Apple resolutions are not the standard. Nobody uses the old 5k Apple res and nobody will use the 6k meme resolution

So does that mean the screen does not come with a stand?

That's right.

>Apple doesn't have $thing
>"Why would you *need* $thing?"
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME
But Apple offers 1000 nits, so that's essential now. Always with the double standard.

It is pretty ironic that this is coming from an iToddler.
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

Nice assumptions. Still not seeing the big push for HDR anywhere and in any way, and certainly not in availability/pricing.

>acer

Worst monitor I ever bought. You get what you pay for.

>apple puts 120hz displays on their ipads/phones
>imagine buying an tablet/phone with a lousy 60hz refresh rate
>apple releases a new display with 60hz refresh rate
>this is fine

Literally not even close you mongoloid.
Apple wins YET again.

you need paying 999USD monitor stand tax

Attached: Sweating Towel Guy.png (417x234, 89K)

stop using logic please, we're trying to blindly hate on Apple or Intel or Nvidia or Microsoft in a daily and cyclic way here. Don't break the Jow Forums flow

I thought this meme was debunked 10+ years ago, get on with times boomer

yeah because scrolling on tablets is uncommon, while this screen is definitely made for games and watching movies. jeez do you people ever worked in your sad lives?

y-yes t-they are!@!
1920x1200 i-is the best!

>imagine not understanding what a reference monitor is

Attached: 1559723493871.png (1289x409, 289K)

>smoth UI
>to do color correction of still frames and photos
No.

>louis (((rossmann)))
K.
I bet the guy will not distinguish shit between color spaces.

>assumptions

4K Blu-ray is HDR
4K Netflix is HDR
4K Amazon Prime is HDR
4K iTunes is HDR
etc.

Virtually every new TV is 4K HDR capable.

You're a fucking retard.

> b-b-but those a nonfree platforms user, no 4k in torrents

imagine

I agree. 60 Hz is a meme. Get 120 Hz bare minimum.

>scrolling will be uncommon on this display
What a fucking retard.

>this is for professionals to work on
>whole computer only has 256gb ssd

Pick one.
>inb4 only the monitor is for professionals you have to buy them separately
I guess that means that monitor stands arent for professionals either

4K Blu-ray is HDR: Black Hawk Down 2001 Extended 2160p UHD BluRay REMUX HDR HEVC Atmos-EPSiLON

4K Netflix is HDR: Star Trek: Discovery S02 1080p NF WEB-DL HDR DD+ 5.1 H.265-TrollHD

4K Amazon Prime is HDR: The Romanoffs S01 2160p AMZN WEBRip HDR DD+5.1 x265-TrollUHD

it's a reference monitor, ever worked in your pathetic life?

>TrollHD
the irony

120hz on the ipad is for low latency drawing. This monitor is not a tablet.

>editing and storing locally
>not using a SAN

tbf it is 6K anything above 60hz is pushing the display port

I don't think they are going to install software to the SAN. A single software for a musician takes up 1/5th of the ssd.

perhaps not but he will fix your iToy for less than 1600$ genius bar quote.

>More resolution is always nice
In theory, perhaps, but there are also diminishing returns. It is doubtful that resolutions beyond 4K really do add anything meaningful.

>it doesn't even support touch

My issue with this monitor is that Apple wants to eat their cake and have it too by pandering to consumer grade buyers when in reality this kind of shit is only necessary for like the top percentile at most of graphic designers. I have no issue with ultra high grade monitors being sold at a premium with the clear distinction that they're meant for professionals only, but iMacs have been, traditionally, consumer grade products.

>this kid unironically looks at a $5k monitor and thinks about gaming on it
HOLY FUCK I CAN'T TELL WHO'S TROLLING WHO ANYMORE