How do you recover from a career gap in tech

How do you recover from a career gap in tech

Attached: Concernedfroge.png (320x275, 79K)

How long a gap we talking and what is the cause?

2 years after graduating
I tried to start a company and failed

Okay explain it you were doing freelancing and figured it wasn't for you. For experience during your time to start a company list skills you gained and things you worked with.

Tada

What kind of conpany? Can't you put that on your resume? Can't you just say that if asked about the vap?

It was a tech thing, but then I had like 2 years if nothing after it failed because I was a depressed dumbass

Just don't explain it like you just did, say you took a break seeing if other shit was right for you. Keep applying for jobs even if not 60k starting, work a few years then jump to something else.

Gap years only really fuck you if you start lying to explain shit and then it goes sideways

I guess I'll just go for it.
Thanks man

>what is the cause
the forbidden d word and it's escape in video games

for me, it's 9 years and counting

I have a six year gap and I want to know as well.

Nothing in windows administration has changed very much

No one spends more than a few seconds on this during the interview. Your employer just wants to a) what is your past experience and b) what is your future with the company ? No wants to hire someone who will flake in 2 months or constantly bitch about being over qualified.

interdasting. thanks for the perspective

I want to wish you the best of luck. I think we are all being guided by God right now and we're going to make it.

Two years is fuck all
Just explain: tried opening a company, was taking care of a sick family member, couldn't handle both, sick family member is now better.
Cancer/chemo is always a good one.

They just want to make sure during those two uyears you did not: become a degenerate scumbag

>what is your future with the company ?
How do you answer this?

This desu, they will not think you are less qualified because of a gap. They will try to gauge if you post a risk regarding leaving after a month or bring a pos.

age 15 to 28

"I was trying to exit vim"

not him but i spent three years after college because i was depressed doing plain nothing. how do i explain this?

Stallman, hire this guy!!!1!1!

you're supposed to tell them if you want to push your career into being a senior developer or a manager (at least on paper)

what were you depressed about?

Lie that you were taking care of a sick family member.

Put exactly that. You can shill it as "leadership experience"

You want new experiences and challenges, you want to really take ownership of a product and push it to greater heights and you think company x would be a great opportunity to achieve this.

Good idea

sorry about the late reply, I had a difficult childhood being anti-social kid and had some difficulty overcoming my anxiety problems. I don't have a major reason like having a family member die or anything of the sort, I just was sad I guess

I just say I was travelling the world, though ive never had a gap more than a year

This works for short gaps.