/spg/ - Smartphone General

Best Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: google_ga00458_us_pixel_3_64gb_smartphone_1448919.jpg (1000x1000, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phonandroid.com/test-asus-zenfone-6.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Pixel 3 has a small form factor, nice bezels, front firing speakers, clean software and a great camera
it has a shit battery life, no quick charge 4.0/faster charging, dogshit build quality, lag issues, overheating issues.
So I'm probably not gonna get it, fuck.

Razer phone 2 or the Nubia red magic 3? I like the expandable memory on the Razer but I like the battery on the Nubia. I'm in USA on T-Mobile coming from a pixel XL

Meme Magic, of course.

My xperia XA1 had a bunch of updates queued up that I was ignoring for the entire time I owned it.
I finally installed them (8 back to back) and it upgraded to oreo from nougat.
Literally nothing worth mentioning was added, what a waste of time.

Is it quality meme magic? Probably more than the Razer but I'm still scared of buying from a new brand like them

I want the SM-G889A so bad it hurts

Why's it so hard to get HDMI-out on a phone now? Coming from a Note 4 to a OnePlus 6 I expected to have no issues, but the only way to get realtime video out is through a DisplayLink adapter, and not only can you not charge the battery while using it but the thing will kill your battery in two hours.

Is there any Snapdragon 855 phone without a curved screen that can charge while outputting video?

Attached: uploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F777116%2F72154279-40b3-424b-81a8-b995c1c96fb8.jpg%2Ffit-in__1440x0.jpg (1440x960, 207K)

Galaxy S8 Active
>phone has a good amount of weight
>flat display
>4000mah
>sturdy enough to be /out/
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint)
>peak aesthetics: good amount of bezels without any gross notches or holes
>getting android 9 so you'll be running same experience as s10

Attached: 61Aj4FFSO3L.jpg (500x484, 66K)

Check the jerryrigeverything video, it's durable.

Today you learned updates are a meme.

Xperia 1

At this point I'm unironically considering an Oppo Reno Z as my next phone, I don't give a shit about ColorOS. Apparently it has all of the bands required for Verizon but the only thing that worries me is the P90 in it, I'm not very familiar with Mediatek so I'm not sure how efficient it would be compared to something like a SD 675 or 710.
My only other choices under $500 would be the G7 Power for the gargantuan battery, LG G8 for specs alone and Pixel 3a XL for no notch and good camera

oh hey, you're back.

A lot of us are lurking in the shadows, brother!
>tfw the OnePlus 7T will come with the 10x zoom lens
a total game changer

My mi mix 2s doesn't receive pictures or video via text (mms? or sms? I don't remember which). I get this loading thing then it tells me it failed to download. Anyone know how to fix this?

Back on a note 3 running lineage 16. Apart from the screen burn-in it has, it is a great little machine still.

Buy the Note 9, Jesus
I can't use a phone that's older than 2 generations, it's too much.

>I can't use a phone that's older than 2 generations, it's too much.
What is too much you cunt? Stop being so vapid.

The m9T/k20 doesnt have the LTE B2 (1900) its over lads, its over

Don't need that much phablet to be honest, pretty happy with this.
Unless you were offering to buy it for me.

>curved screen
>no root

Don't do that to yourself.

Dropped mine a week ago, would've kept using it if the screen didn't cost as much as another used phone
Upgraded to Poco F1 and I'm happy with it so far

can they bring back the n9's design but make the entire non-red area the screen

Attached: 1559720154.jpg (200x341, 52K)

Damn it has good specs. Resale value must be around $150-250. It is better than the S5 or S6.

>pixel 3a offer from a shop
>turn in old phone to reduce price by at least 100€
So goddamn tempting

Attached: 1501828573907.jpg (1024x1024, 95K)

My Z3 shit the bed and I'm currently using my old Xperia SP but while the battery is excellent, it's unresponsive, outdated and doesnt support any apps anymore.
I only use my phone for normie shit like browsing Jow Forums, youtube, whatsapp, soundcloud, i don't play games or do much else.
I just want sleek design, good battery life and a product thats not bad quality control shovelware crap that becomes obsolete in two years and you cant get replacement parts if my screen was ever to crack. Preferably I want to spend up to 500 yuros but even the huawei flagship models cost like a thousand bucks nowadays and the market is flooded with so much shit
Are the Xperia XZ2 or XZ3 any good? I might take a look at the XZ2 Compact since the Z3's 5,2" display was pretty much perfect in size and it's 430€
are there better alternatives?

Pocophone F1

Small form factor (actual smol, like Z3C size, not nu small), 4G, UK, decent battery, don't mind second hand/refurb,

I always use stock OS.

>sleek design
stop shilling this ugly chink junk.

Xperia XZ1/C, I know the XZ1 goes for ~230 quid, no idea about the compact version.

I need a new tablet and I want it to have minimal bezels. Something like a 10" galaxy s10.

How far are we from getting it?

Posted here on Monday.
Despite what loads of websites say about the Huawei P30 lite not having NFC, I'm posting from mine right now and it turns out it does.
it seemed like a strange feature to omit.
just letting you guys know. Not that we can do anything about misinformation on a load of other tech sites.

Mainstream flagship phones will never, ever go beyond 7"

Anyone try Linux with Samsung dex?

I got chinked, my chinkphone keeps disconnecting my wifi.

What phone?

Zenfone Max Pro M1.
It's great in everything else though, 14 hours SoT is just lovely. No lag or anything. I didn't update to Pie because they chinked it.

I wonder who's gonna get the 77777 digits

Scriptfags.

So damn close

bought a cheap phone on DX. has 13000mah battery. so heavy that it slips through my fingers randomly. it's fragile as glass. I've never dropped my phone from further than a meter, yet it's fucking loose. what is? everything! the kids that made it have to malnourished hands to screw in screws properly so it falls apart if you throw it in bed. at least I didn't use 1k on a phone I'd use for 1-2 years so I'm not even mad. just slightly annoyed

Attached: 2019-06-05 11_16_57-ulefone power 5 android 8.1 MTK6763 13000mah batteri 6,0_ 18_ 9 FHD trådløs la (496x693, 313K)

Should I buy the Xiaomi K20 pro now or will it drop in price the next two weeks ?

S8, honor 10 or p20 lite for a guy on a budget after a phone with a good camera?

I would have already had the damn usb c dock I ordered on ali arrived, still waiting it cost me like 13 usd.

Same but mine's note 2 tho

Looking for a phone, around 200 to 400 dollars, live in USA, have T-mobile. American or chink brand are welcomed.
>NFC
>4000mah or a little better
>usb c, 3.0 would be cool but 2.0 is fine
>audio jack and big storage, mostly downloaded memes and hentai/echhi cute stuff I see on Jow Forums or Instagram.
>not a fanatic on photography, maybe a good decent one, usually just take food pics or pictures with my girlfriend on our date. Nothing fancy schmancy
>fingerprint sensor, back would be appreciated or front.
>last but not least, a pretty fast cpu. I'm not heavy gaming but fast is always good.

My current phone is Huawei Mate 9, looking to spice things up, I was tempted to buy either xiaomi poco or note 7, but that K20 looks pretty awesome, but a little pricey at the moment . Thanks /spg/!

Attached: 1559189638108.gif (357x479, 252K)

honestly i dont even think it looks bad and apparently there are quite a few people that do like xiaomi but im hesitant. about buying chink shit because the experience of quality control of my peers with sony or oneplus are already bad enough

Mate 9 is easily enough, don't upgrade you consumerist faggot

Stock, xiaomi.eu or Lineage OS on a Redmi Note 7?

Pixel 3a

I had it for two years, it's an amazing phone. I think my camera phone quality has degraded, or I'm not using it right but it's holding down the fort for now. I kinda hate it how whenever I use YouTube. It kinda freeze my phone, or it'll get stuck where I can't remove it so I have to restart my phone, I can't explain it, but just a future reference when the time does come. Oh and I think my phone is going through the phase where I can't charge my phone when I'm holding it situation

Attached: 1559511971895.jpg (500x500, 86K)

>not any of the choices I mentioned

Why are you buying chinkshit? Jesus. Get an S10.

JUST BUY IT YOU STUPID GOYIM

Search up message centre

Sony has bad quality control?

Zenfone 6 for $500, you'll just have to calibrate the display a bit. It has everything else you need.

>pictures with my girlfriend
and why did you feel the need to mention that? Fucking normies. This isn't reddit. Stop stunting on us incels. Just fuck

Is there any website where they list the touch latency and color gamut for phones?
Confused b/w note 9 and black shark 2

The black shark 2 has the lower latency, obviously. Go for it, it's a great phone.

source?

Source is common sense. They advertise their low input lag and other things. Stands to reason a gaming phone has better latency

The k20 pro (8gb + 128gb) was announced at 360€, so why the price is so high on AliExpress ? It's more than 450€.

Burger and non curry/chink tax. Just pay up loser, buy your garbo chinkshit chinee chinky chicom ware.

>message centre
I'm guessing what you're getting at is that I should change the SMSC number?
I am on Verizon and can't seem to find a number, with some of the things I'm reading saying Verizon doesn't have one because it's not on a gsm network?

>Best phone

That's not the pixel 3a.

Need recommendation. Looking for phone with best audio quality , pls?

Attached: 527163-persona q2 akechi.jpg (1000x749, 121K)

I'm still tempted to wait the official release in my country is the 12 June. Will it be cheaper on the official xiaomeme store ?

>pixel 3a
That's a funny way if spelling Redmi 7

DONT RISTEN TO HIM, BUY CHINK, YOU WHITEU PIG!

Attached: 1446759696598.jpg (647x697, 67K)

>if
of*
FUCK GBOARD
FUCK GOOGLE
AND FUCK PIXLEL

>googlel pixlel is made is usa, i swear!11

LG V40

a-anyone with huawei here

I'm using a chink phone, at least.

I have a huawei I bought last year, do I need to change phones? I'm looking at the k20 of xioami

No, you'll still get Android updates.

You taunt me, Amazon.

Attached: Capture.png (565x232, 59K)

>lock button on my xiaomi note 4 is only working every other time I push it
anyone ever tried to fix something like that and knows if it's difficult or not?

phonandroid.com/test-asus-zenfone-6.html
This French review calls the Zenfone 6's screen "one of the best LCD screens on the market." Do you trust frogs /spg/?

Fuck I'm buying it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-05-14-15-35-012_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png (1080x2160, 583K)

I have a Mate SE. This phone sucks dick.

what do you guys do on your smartphones besides shitposting and social media?

I just got a new galaxy a70 and I'm kinda lost on what apps to install and what cool shit I can do with it, had a galaxy s4 before that for the longest time

I use my phone to scroll Twitter and shitpost here

>what do you guys do on your smartphones besides shitposting and social media?
I also use it for calls.

So is the K20 Pro the wave? Or should I wait for the Zenfone 6? Either way, I'm going to need a new phone soon as this Huawei Mate SE just isn't doing it for me.

Move it around in my hand, feels good man

Gee I don't know, I trust my common sense, it's not especially hard to make a nice LCD display and the fact that it's Asus makes me feel good. They have a ton of display calibration tools in settings, it's just a meme to hate on it since it's the only thing worth considering after the K20 Pro which I don't want since it's chinked, the notification LED is in a stupid place, it's got no expandable storage and a worse battery. Fucking ugly as sin back too.

Just flip a coin and buy whatever comes up.

Xvideos, gachashit games, manga, music, YouTube, simple games, dating apps, Jow Forums app.

Whatever your interests are there will be an app for it.

Simple draw pro is free on f droid or play store.
dnsfilter is on fdroid.
firefox for android with addons.
twitch
youtube
spaRSS on f-droid.
not gonna list all the common stuff

I still use my 4 years old Huawei.
Thinking about finally replacing it with Note 7 or Poco F1.
I still don't know how annoying the notch on F1 will be for emulation and games and if it trumps far better processing power.

At least get the K20 Pro, fuck notches, they're beyond obsolete now.

Notches are obsolete this year but then pop up cameras are going to be obsolete next year

I live near an airport and like to look at plane info on Flightradar
too bad they cucked paid users by switching to a subscription model