It's actually easy as fuck to install

>it's actually easy as fuck to install
I'm never listening to Jow Forums ever again.

Attached: arch0.png (1366x768, 340K)

I've heard a million times on Jow Forums that it's actually easy. Are you new?

All you have to do is follow instructions like a monkey
Anyone with half a brain can do it

Arch is just tedious because you have to enable every little thing while in other systems once they're installed they're automated by default(which is the point of arch anyway, you're responsible for what you install). Tedious, not hard.

Copy pasting commands from a wiki is actually easy

>Arch
>No chinese IME out of the box

Why is this relevant again? POP OS comes with it by default

Arch is easy. The memes are from 2003-2006 when it was starting. It's as reliable as any system for your desktop/laptop.

>wiki
install.txt

>1366x768

Attached: ishygddt.jpg (600x600, 35K)

fuck off consumerfag

>Know how to install Arch, but too lazy so I can't be one of the kool kids on Jow Forums
oh well

Attached: 1558527064050.png (645x773, 49K)

well you got dubz
congrats

you too mate, congratz

Great, now Install Gentoo

Isn't that as easy as well nowadays if you have Ryzen and don't change compile flags? I can't imagine anything outside of big corporate C++ or horribly mismanaged Java that would take anything more than half an hour to compile.

Gentoo is only hard if you insist on writing a custom kernel configuration that lacks all the stuff that you don't need. If you use genkernel it's not really hard, just time-consuming.

I was assuming Gentoo when I saw this thread.
Turned out to be Arch, the Linux Distro for retards.

Why it looks like shit?

Open customize on firefox and select the check box that fuses titlebar with the other bar

Well, yeah for the entire system, it may be time consuming but that is what I figured if you kept everything vanilla. I was talking about more a single piece of software. Even web browser don't take that long to compile nowadays so yeah.

based and thankspilled

>Even web browser don't take that long to compile nowadays so yeah.
doesn't chromium literally take several times longer to compile than the kernel, and like over 16GB of RAM on top of that?

>xfce
>bash
>firefox
kill yourself

It takes a while yes but it does do it in half an hour on my system at 3.8 GHz 1700x, give or take. What I don't know about and suspect might take longer after thinking about it is Firefox, especially now that it has Rust in it, that would probably bump up the compile times as Rust rivals C++ in that department.

It's not easier than installing Debian for NO reason, so it's a skip from me.

Just recently installed as well. Was a bit of a pain setting up hiDPI screen config but got there eventually.

I think arch installs are only hard if you don't know much about partitioning/filesystems. I imagine using command line tools for such things intimidates noobs, especially when they want things like disk encryption

Attached: 2019-06-06-042959_3000x2000_scrot.png (3000x2000, 2.04M)

>henry
based and redpilled name.

>sudo pacman -Syyu
>there is nothing to do

Attached: 7.jpg (500x328, 16K)

I feel you

Attached: 1559632875620.gif (487x560, 898K)