Is this a lost cause?

is it a lost cause to upgrade the OS to win10 just so I can use the eee pc 1000h?
I just want a small netbook just to do some simple stuff like typing up something in the car or play some video and replying on messages, but I kind of don't want to buy a new tablet or laptop

Attached: csm_asus_eee_1000h_gesamtklein_a87f5d7ecf.jpg (1600x1200, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/36331/intel-atom-processor-n270-512k-cache-1-60-ghz-533-mhz-fsb.html
q4os.org/
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-stream-11-ah110nr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>win 10
in your dreams
Either keep WinXP or install Debian with a window manager or something

>eee
REEEEE LMAO

>intel atom
I made a mistake and bought 2 netbooks thinking I could use them for simple purposes. Overheats and barely runs for 2 hours.
If you are going to install anything on that machine it's gonna be debian or antiX.

What processor does that thing have?
I'm running 10 LTSC on this 2007 thinkpad that also has a winxp sticker and runs pretty smooth, as long as you have an SSD of course.
Or just install Debian with openbox or something.

Attached: n.png (377x135, 6K)

You could install a UNIX. I reccommend Arch32 personally, but Slackware is a better fit.

what about win7?
I did had the thing upgraded to the max ram and hdd back when I first got it

it's tacky to write the "R" on the label with white marker

I am not as good with linux or can code

and to be honest, I kind of like this little thing back then, I kind of just don't want to throw it out just like that and give it a 2nd life

it uses this
ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/36331/intel-atom-processor-n270-512k-cache-1-60-ghz-533-mhz-fsb.html

>270 passmark
ayy lmao
Just do a clean install of XP i guess.

>I am not as good with linux or can code

You don't need to code. Or "be good" with UNIX. In fact I'd say UNIX is easier than Windows. Type "linux is easier than windows" on YouTube.

And for a beginner-friendly distro that also runs on the ReePC I suggest Manjaro.

I had that netbook 5 years ago and it was old then. It would never handle windows 10. I got some use out of it with Linux but definitely go out of your way to make it as light as possible.

Dude install Xubuntu on it and you might sqeeze another year out of it. Works for browsing and office if you don't mind a little wait.

it already have xp on it, was hoping to be able to use something newer

xfce has become too bloated for netbooks
lxde would be a better choice (lubuntu 18.04)

there are yt of people running win10 on it, is it fake?

how bad of dangerous is it to let it run as xp? because I don't like the fact that nothing support xp anymore

Feel free to try and install W10 LTSC on it, an SSD is mandatory though.

the 1000h don't have ssd

then it'll be slow as shit
maybe try 8.1? dunno

Use the POSReady tweak and get the extra updates, download Microsoft’s EMET and use the browsers released by roytam1. Just lock shit down tight enough and you should be fine. Make an image in case it gets fucked.

I need to use Windows programs even when I'm not at home, I have several tablets but I revived my 2007 netbook, I put a SSD on it, it only had 1GB of DDR2 ram and the maximum I could do with one slot it was just put 2gb, I installed several OS until I realized windows8 runs even better than Xp.

Attached: Immagine.png (980x407, 620K)

Try Windows 7 Starter, I run it here with an Atom N450 and it's pretty damn fast, but you will need 2 GB of RAM for it, of course. There's no problem in using XP too as long as you aren't dealing with your money with it. Install the latest Firefox ESR for it and you're good for some years, since nothing really changed since they dropped support for XP, just remember that you will be running a browser without updated security patchs.

> Install the latest Firefox ESR
No need for that shit when there are maintained builds for Pale Meme and Basilisk out there.

Furry Moon isn't even worth installing, let alone use as main browser.

q4os.org/

Use Trinity aka KDE3 32bit variant.

Maybe Debian with XFCE or Openbox.

Furries > Trannies

Agreed.

Get rid of windows, install some minimal linux distro with xfce or something

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-stream-11-ah110nr

Here user.

4gb ram 32gb emmc. Install xubuntu or similar and you're going to have 6-8 hours of battery life. Plus it's light as fuck.

Bluetooth works
Wifi works

Only negative is no memory expansion available and i can't suspend the laptop. With 6-8 hrs of battery life i just set the lid on close to do nothing.

I use it as my daily driver and have only had 1 problem which you had to fix in the bios. Some uefi fuckery that if enabled killed my wifi on a hard reboot.

Attached: 81HSY7IlDcL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 21K)