Post things shitting on c#

Post things shitting on c#

Attached: cs.png (256x256, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dotnet/corefx/blob/master/pkg/Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms/runtime.json
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It went from fucking garbage to fucking great like 2 years ago

This.
Also .NET Core 3.0 would like two words with you.

Hard to shit on C#, it's a really comfy language that you can get into easily if you know C or C++. I just hope it doesnt become super bloated.

>shitting on the best programming language in the history of mankind
stay bitter kronk

>I just hope it doesnt become super bloated
It is already bloated

NuGet package manager

It became unbloated with core

VB.NET. All of the power, vastly superior readability, and an entire class of human error around case sensitivity eliminated.

Absolute garbage ecosystem.
>Java
JVM
>C#
.NET Framework, Mono, .NET Core
That means no WORA. A program/library that works on .NET Framework has a high probability of being broken on other .NET implementations.
You have to actually target a selected .NET implementation (if other than .NET Framework), otherwise it most probably won't work.
Deploying an ASP.NET application on anything different than Windows is a nightmare.
The big push for .NET being an open is a PR move and doesn't translate well into the real world.
Cross-platform development is trash, unless you like writing CLI applications with VS Code instead of a proper IDE.
Mono Develop is garbage that is almost never used in an commercial environment, you can't do any real development without Microsoft Visual Studio™ on Microsoft Windows™, essentially becoming a massive MS cuckold.
Retards however will still prasie it because
>muh syntactic sugar
t. former C# developer

>Cross-platform development is trash, unless you like writing CLI applications with VS Code instead of a proper IDE.
Who makes crossplatform applications in this day and age instead of just a local backend that can serve data through a web page that you can access from any machine?

good language maybe, but it's still OOPoo so most code written is by pajeets

Pajeet, my son...

Attached: asp_dot_net_book.jpg (500x500, 46K)

>C#
>download this massive fucking 20GB toolchain
>btw you need Visual Studio, that'll be 10GB please
>Visual Studio takes 10 years to install
>finally it opens, some weird obscure error comes up which nobody else has had on the Internet
>start a new project, shit tonnes of unreadable XML files are spammed in your git repository
>for some reason you cant install nuget packages, spend 5 hours googling to find that you have to manually edit some weird entry in one of the XML files
>change gets reverted next time you open Visual Studio

>C on Linux
>install gcc
>write code
>gcc main.c

Hard to shit on C#, its really one of the best languages out there today.

Why won't you compare it to ASM anyway?

Or just install VSC ya know

katamari language design

>comparing c to c# or text file to visual studio
lol, bearded females these days...

>but it's too yuge for muh 512mb HD
use visual studio code moran

I wouldn't call it bloated, yeah maybe there's some shit that you wont ever use but it's definitely not bloatmaxxed.

>VSC
makes no difference. VSC is equally as bloated. The point is that the editor should be completely decoupled from the toolchain, but if I wanted to use Sublime Text, i'd have to run some weird fucking command to compile my project.
if we're strictly talking about the C# language design, sure, it's alright. but the ecosystem is fucking awful, just like everything else shat out by microsoft.

Which monkey distro do u use that doesnt have gcc installed I mean what the actual fuck

how is it bloated ? VS Code and .NET Core couldn't be more straightforward to use. You use the dotnet command line tool. Only thing you don't get is the MS debugger.

Maybe he meant using C# for other things than servers that .net core doesnt offer like....everything except for servers lmao

>C#
>install .net core
>write code
>dotnet build

kys idiot

I guess you have a point, C# as language is very nice, coming from C and having messed a bit with C++ it was extremely easy to get going which i guess that was the goal with C#?

I don't understand your point. Anything that uses extensive syscalls and GUI across multiple platforms is going to be messy (QT, Electron, Unity, etc). Yeah .NET Framework is meant to be MS only but even Mono has limited support. It' not a trivial task.

Electron isnt messy, its just RAM hungry, but writing electron shit itself is straightforward and works okay.

He literally has no point. You need to use MS products if you want to MS proprietary access, much wow, such surprise. You can fire up vim or emacs and go to town just using roslyn toolchain or mono. No need to download "visual" anything.

Indian .NET Core shills at it again.

There's no reason to use this over the JVM (and thats why no one odes apart from Bing and Stackoverflow lmfao)

>much wow, such surprise.
fuck off back to redit you dumb nigger

>and thats why no one odes apart from Bing and Stackoverflow lmfao

Also because .Net-core is like 2 years old but okay

JavaFX is straightforward and just a week ago Gluon has released a plugin that allows you to build native Images with GraalVM.

t. webshit pajeet

C++

Go and Kotlin are young languages as well and they have gotten way more traction than your .NET Core shit. Core lacks basic cryptographic libraries to this day. Absolutely horrible ecosystem

>Java for desktop applications

I'd prefer to kill myself to be honest

>Go and Kotlin are young languages as well and they have gotten way more traction than your .NET Core shit
Thats actually objectively false especially the Kotlin part also Go is 10 years old

Yes I am a dumb nigger but people(s) in this thread can't even set up a basic developer environment.

Attached: BigIQ.png (1385x418, 52K)

Explain?

.NET Core is older than that. .NET Core is a gimped down multiplatform version of .NET.

I am not that guy. But the fact that I can easily choose how I want to deploy/publish my C# programs is miles ahead of Java. Java you need all these 3rd party and enterprise tooling and they all have their own gotcha's. It's not even Java's fault though, Oracle are massive faggots and didn't even hand over all the client side code base to OpenJDK.

???
You can simply build bundles/jars with maven or grade. Literally one command. Are you retarded?

>i have no idea what i'm talking about but i'll say it anyway

this. seems most shitters in this thread don't actually code for living

>Hasn't heard of .NET 5

Care to explain why Java is bad for desktop applications?

>Having to write a Swing GUI without a designer for a uni project
Never doing that again, I appreciate the lesson taught but fuck that. Seriously.

First of all. C# doesn't even have stupid ass files like class and jar because it actually compiles assemblies in the native system format. Second of all, out of the box I can deploy my program how I wish. Have the .NET exe run with program as an argument. (like in Java) Have the program execute itself as a native executable. Or run the program as an entirely self contained unit with no run-time dependencies needed to be installed.

What are you even talking about?
What's the point of comping a program into a w*ndows-only EXE when you can have a JAR file that works on all platforms?

Because running jars on desktop is complete trash. And why would I care how many steps it takes to run on a server ? Its going to get automated anyway. To be fair, Java had this functionality but then they removed it and now it seems like it will be back for Java 13. (hopefully) jdk.java.net/jpackage/

>Because running jars on desktop is complete trash
How so?

Seems unprofessional to distribute a jar, people typically wrap it in a native executable which C# does automatically.

because you don't publish programs like that ? Any other language or run-time you wrap it up.

If you really want to have a platform-dependent wrapper then there's Launch4j that does exactly that, but running a .jar instead of an .exe changes noting.

or you know this could be a first class concern and work out of the box.

You can have native deployment for this huge list: github.com/dotnet/corefx/blob/master/pkg/Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms/runtime.json

>but running a .jar instead of an .exe changes noting.
It does for end users, unless they know what a .jar is. The only piece of widely distributed software to use .jar files that I've seen was Minecraft.

This is actually true lmao

>or you know this could be a first class concern and work out of the box.
First class concern of Java is WORA, and platform dependence contradict that.

Jesus Christ no, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Buddy, we all did this shit when we were 12, then we grew up and got jobs.

You are certainly outdated.
All of those were fixed with .net core and .net standard.

You have Visual Studio for Mac and VsCode.

RA*

*Some assembly required.

???

Employers are cheap, your dev box is statistically going to be Linux. If anything it should be the reverse that you are not comfortable with VS since your employer is too cheap to pay for a license.

Then there's a tool for that use case?
Huge majority of the JVM software is meant to be run on servers where file extension doesn't matter, so there's no point in bundling such tools with the base JDK.
>You have Visual Studio for Mac and VsCode.
VS Code is just a text editor. You can install a C# syntax highlighting plugin in any editor.
VS for Mac is closer to VS Code in terms of functionality than VS for Windows.

Attached: jW4dnFtA_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Due to them trying to compete with atom, you can easily install plugins to allow compiling and debugging of programs. They have to be manually configured, though.

>cross platform
>high performance VM (compared to the CLR)
>insane number of existing libraries
>easily containerised
>widely supported
I'd take this any day over .NET.

JVM's and the CLR are equivalent in performance. People like to create these artificial benchmarks leveraging obscure nuances of the platforms. Apples to apples they have the same performance. Which should be of no surprise to anyone seeing how similar they are.

>JVM's and the CLR are equivalent in performance.
Yeah, no, sorry. Maybe if you're writing some CRUD backend. If you start doing stuff that really takes advantage of Java's optimised GC algorithms you'll immediately see the difference. I suppose that makes sense though, .NET's capabilities don't really go much further than CRUD.

I am sorry yes. JVM's have a long history of enterprise level tuning but if you are going to get down that far into the weeds you can do the same with the CLR. (or any comparable runtime)

>what is jlink
Fuckers here dont know shit about shit

C++

I can even execute my applications using boost on android.

>boost

Attached: vomit.jpg (312x312, 35K)

Why would anyone use C# over C/C++?

I'd like to get the project done sometime this month, thanks

whats your problem with boost?

There is also an security aspect, c# code can easily be decompiled

Bloated, overused and unnecessary in 90% of use cases.

Let's be real. You'll get 60% of it done and get distracted by some other idea and abandon it, telling yourself you'll finish it later. Fast forward to 1 year and you have 8 projects all stuck at 60% completion.

There is literally nothing remaining to shit on at this point. The language is perfect, and .NET Core is the future. It is really fun watching faggots try to justify their toy languages in comparison to C#. Their arguments are approaching intel-tier coping.

Boy do I know that feel.
t. hobbyist C# dev with 0 completed projects

Boost sockets are quite nice and if you need to use older compilers (for whatever reasons) you can use the boost modules ( i.e. regex)

Boost is the reason I decided I was never using C++ again. If I ever touch low-level, I'll be using C with purely static linking of all dependencies, and they must all fit within single header files. Managing anything more complex circa current year is intolerable compared to my alternatives.
>just install CMake and all your problems go away
fuck off cmake kikes. that shit sucks and you suck too.
That's right. I'll script my C builds using C# code, because this 'pajeet' language is actually more expressive and flexible than your brittle, bullshit, make-style build scripts.

no problem with satically linking boost....

>Second of all, out of the box I can deploy my program how I wish.
So can Java you fucking moron. But you use Nuget as well, don't you? Gradle is basically the same thing, only way more powerful.

>Or run the program as an entirely self contained unit with no run-time dependencies needed to be installed.
Java can do this as well, it's called jlink.

> i'm retarded therefore c++ sucks
toplel

That's basically every zoomer retard talking about Java or C++. Most of these idiots never really programmed in Java or C++, they usually did some basic shit at university, using Java

You've no idea what your talking about, my current place is all windows running vscode, my last place was all Mac's running PHPStorm. Companies buy the kit they need to do the job. That is rarely Linux and almost never some open source toolchain. Get a job cunt.

Only advantage you got with C# is indirectly shilling for Microsoft products.

>Hard to shit on C#, its really one of the best languages out there today.

If you are deadbeat uncreative programmer yea im sure its comfy.

But i rather stay in the IOT, electronic world with my Scala, C++, embedded-C and getting that 150k pay check.

Attached: 1558388442681.jpg (640x632, 20K)

>Who makes crossplatform applications in this day and age instead of just a local backend that can serve data through a web page
non-pajeet programmers

Factories who use multiple OS's
Companies that have a variety of customers with different budgets and technical situation.

Situations that demand high flexibility and cant rely on one system or OS.

The only bad thing I can say is that it has garbage collection and requires a huge runtime.
The language itself is amazing and the ecosystem is so mature that you can develop for any platform and any purpose.

.NET's ecosystem is shit.

>C#lets don't know that their language is a cheap pajeet tier knock off of Java, and shit like entity framework is a bootleg JPA/persistence only more horrible

Attached: 1552581607403.png (400x397, 244K)

>wut are socket communication

Nonnullable references in C#8.
Records and Typeclasses in C#9.
Discriminated Unions in C#10.
Sum and Product types are on its way user.

>Java's optimised GC
You better fucking hope the GC is optimized to all hell when you try to do math with vectors or quaternions since they're all on the heap as a reference type. The JVM is absolute irredeemable garbage for that one single reason.

If they dont fuckup .NET 5 i actually think C# might just become the main OOP language for new shit instead of java

>I repeat, new shit

so glad C# has stack allocations now