Specs are more important than build quality

>specs are more important than build quality
My $250 HP laptop with ryzen 5 2500 u just shit the fan,

Attached: shocked chris.png (591x707, 438K)

>AMD
>specs

As a poorfag my budget was

You cannot expect much for $250 laptop; if you want to go HP the bare minimum is a Probook and the decent ones are Elitebooks/Zbooks

Good Ryzen laptops (Thinkpad) costs $600 to $800 USD, and no they don't come with discrete graphics at those prices.

Replace fan and continue using

>2019
>beating intel 4th gen
>in benchmarks

>shit the fan means fan broken
top kek

It does beat 7th generation and prior as they were dual cores though.

This. Cheap laptops are always going to be built like total shit with almost no exception.

> and the decent ones are Elitebooks/Zbooks
I've a Zbook. Heard that they break like mad during warranty, but mine was 'seller refurbished' so I guess it survived. Good enough but freezes sometimes when power cord is plugged, can go to sleep tho.

Depends on individual model really, but most of the time the big 3 will lose significantly more money if they screw up their business lineup, which is a reason why such problems are less likely on business laptops

Although they may have various problems along the way, they are less likely to fail completely within 3 to 5 years.

My $300 ASUS laptop literally snapped in half after 3 years...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

What happened exactly? Motherboard died?

Just won't turn on but the charging light is on, indicator shows fully charged and will change to discharging if I leave it unplugged. Fan doesn't spin, caps won't light, and the screen has no backlight every time I try to turn it on.

Don't forget to clean up the shit

Hold the power and the mute button for 10 or more seconds, if it is not already turning on, let go and press the power button as normal.

Oh forgot to mention, have it undocked and unplugged at the time of doing this.

dumb animetard

i also bought cheapo hp laptop because it was the cheapest one i could get with an i5 and it still works fine. bought it 4 yrs ago.

>CPU shitted out in 2 years
How? We're you doing idiot-level overclocking? I have an AMD FX6300 from 2012 which still works great for watching movies, playing games at 1080p, doing basic software development, and more. It's not my daily driver any more but it is still perfectly functional after about 7 years of heavy use. It currently drives my media computer in my living room.

So I've never had a laptop and was wondering if the matebook d by huawei witht he ryzen 5 is a worthwhile investiment at like 500-600 euroscheckels, since I have a night shift job in which nothing happens for quite a few hours. the most intensive game I'd play on it would be shit like Xcom 2 or Civ V

Attached: 1443261646917.png (500x281, 168K)