>Is actually pretty fast
>Recently became multithreaded
>Can run on literally anything

Why do we hate it again?

Attached: 532352.png (825x550, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mathiasbynens.be/notes/javascript-unicode
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it is forced in literally everything and everywhere, if I'd put my finger up your mom's pooper it would return me an undefined exception.

Also no, don't use JavaScript for backend development.

typescript is cool, but it improves on an utterly shit language

Who forces you exactly to use it? Nobody, its just that people want to use it

Attached: IMG_20190605_061659_359.jpg (590x590, 80K)

so what do you recommend? PHP?

The dark sigil of JavaScript

No one forces me to use it, it is just forced into every stack of technology and if you want to change something you have to deal with someone else's shit pajeetery code

Not that guy, but fuck no. Don't replace one shit language with another shit language. Use Python or even Perl 5 or something. Python has great frameworks for web development now if you want that.

If TypeScript helps you write js, you suck at writing at writing js to the point where your TypeScript will suck too.

I don't do web development so I can't recommend anything other than a language which suits your needs. try out different languages, see which one lets you do the work the way you want to.

Exactly how is Python with Flask or Django better than Node for web dev lmao

My company just rewrote a touchscreen GUI app in C++/Qt. We have officially surpassed the functionality of the Electron/Node.JS version.

Here's the thing. "Compiling" the Node.JS version, which is vastly inferior, takes 50x LONGER than the C++/Qt version.

The size is also at least 4x as large for less functionality.

I wish a holocaust of ending nuclear fire upon JavaScript. Now that WebAssembly exists, there's no excuse at all for using it.

I can tell you're a NEET

>Not using triple = for your comparison
user the fuck are you doing
Honestly, that truth table is pretty comfy once you get used to it. I love me some if(!x) comparisons

>NEET

Nice try faggot. I'm a professional programmer.

Django is like a big block of shit being smeared all over your face until you find out that it's not the way to go with.

>Having a triple = in your language because == is fucked up and useless

Exactly, Flask is pretty good, but its still Python, so its still slow as shit even compared to Node and for anything that chokes your application you have to extend it with Rust or C

Because W3 continues to stack new features on top of eachother without care for cohesion or redundancy.

Attached: javascript.png (555x502, 105K)

And yet people still use C++

Sometimes going with Rust is better than directly using C, but again languages which are designed to used for something else are being used for backend development. One of the biggest fuck-ups I've seen was Mozilla's Firefox OS.

At least with C++ you generally have a choice.

Sorry about that broken English fuck up. It's like 40+ C. outside and just thinking about that makes me want to jump out of the fucking window.

Based

Or write the thing in Go - the language designed to replace scriptshit in backend webdev.

Go is fucking ugly, try using nim

1. No libraries.
2. Partial case sensitivity.

Write them you lazy cuck

>its just that STUPID, UNEDUCATED people want to use it

1, Take VScode
2. Open its JSON default config
3. try to search for something a few times
4, a 16GB core 7xxx machine lags as fuck
5. fuck this shit, I will even Emacs (bytecode interpreter)

/thread

Electron is an ok idea but the way it is implemented is fucking tremendous, Something like Azul GUI for Rust would work better than a whole fuckload of chromium binaries.

utf16 string
crappy stdlib
shitty unicode support
crippled regexp
no integer

just to name a few

Crippled regex? Please explain. U'm serious by the way, I haven't found any regex that doesn't work on JS yet

JS has natural UTF8 support, doesn't matter what the strings are stored as in memory.
There is no Standard Library yet, it's in the proposal process currently.
See first point.
JS regex is pretty powerful.
BigInts are a thing, you can also use bitwise operators to force SMI in the (u)int32 range

lookbehind
unicode support, like \p{L} or \p{Hiragana}

>JS has natural UTF8 support
yeah right, retard.
mathiasbynens.be/notes/javascript-unicode

>>JS has natural UTF8 support
>yeah right, retard.
>mathiasbynens.be/notes/javascript-unicode
Already fixed in ECMAScript 6

suck a fat chode my friend