Ubuntu

>not plagued with performance issues like Fedora (it's still slow as shit even with gnome 32)
>it's stable, want newer shit compile it yourself child
>comfy out of the box experience, arch is fun but sometimes you want your desktop to work without configuration
>minimal install option for built in debloating
>backed by a successful company
>pure sex font
>pure sex theme
>pure sex wallpaper
>it's like having sex basically
It's literally perfect
why aren't you using it user? what's your excuse?

Attached: Ubuntu_19.04_"Disco_Dingo".png (1366x768, 930K)

Dunno OP ubuntu feels slow as shit to me.

Amazon botnet.

since when exactly is Canonical a "successful company"

When's the last time you tried it? The initial switch to GNOME was fucking horrid, but it's really swift now

it's literally just a shortcut to the amazon site they make a few sheckles off, doesn't even come with the minimal install

Attached: 1503857565687.jpg (326x313, 11K)

Not bad but if I want something that isn't rolling release I always pick Debian.

>"""minimal install"""
>2000 (dpkg), 8 (snap)

Minimal relative to the regular Ubuntu install, I don't pretend it's some hyper minimalist distro or anything

They're picking up traction in IoT, big on servers, aws, and one of the biggest distros on the desktop. Pretty successful

>UI literally built for mobiles, not desktop
>can't even set the background to a custom color

Debian testing or gentoo

Xubuntu is better

I want a nice Cinnamon desktop ootb
If there was an official Ubuntu Cinnamon flavor I'd use that, but there isn't, so I'm using Mint.

>Spyware
>Amazon preinstalled, even on minimal
>Disco dingo is gayasf
>Weird name.

>gnome
>built for mobile
this meme is retarded, the only reason people spout that is because muh app menu, it's a largly keyboard driven desktop if anything

>spyware
Proof?

Call me when it brings back the start menu.

Then why does it have barn-sized touchcreen oriented icons in the application menu?

>implies gnome gets faster as it gains higher numbers
user... I...

Yeah, but Gnome3 sucks dicks and you shouldn't be using it.

Minimal seems to have a different meaning to Canonical

Minimal means the amount of space they allocated to even mentioning that Ubuntu is an OS on the Ubuntu site itself. What is all this faggotry they've got cluttering up the place?

back to winblows faggot

for the look I guess? just because a mobile appearance doesn't mean it's "built for mobile"

>not using debian

>back to winblows faggot
Or, you know, back to literally every Ubuntu variant and Ubuntu itself prior to becoming a mobile OS.

Attached: 897866469.gif (202x227, 367K)

Even if you want to use an ubuntoid with gnome desktop, pop os does it better than stock ubuntu.

Eveything vanilla Ubuntu does, Xubuntu can do it better

32 specifically because it entailed pretty big performance boosts, but was still shit

THICCCC

yup

sudo apt install ubuntu-unity-desktop

Because there's a bug that causes my laptop to drain like 2-3% battery per hour when sleeping. It's been reported for years by many people and nothing is happening. On Arch this is not an issue.

>It's literally perfect

6 months from now, they fuck something up.

>not plagued with performance issues
Ubuntu GNOME is. It stutters as fuck as it tries to open the app menu and it lags on most animations. And no, "buy new hardware" isn't an argument when KDE, Xfce and Budgie work perfectly.
It also replaced almost every app with a snap making loading times absolutely horrid. Ubuntu is the most disgusting thing in the Linux world right now.

>When's the last time you tried it?
3 weeks ago

Actually it does come with default. I just switched my Windows desktop to the latest version of Ubuntu last week, and it came with it. Ive uninstalled it now ofc, but i was surprised because I had heard it was gone too.

Start menu is for pointerkiddies, adults just fucking type the name.

Also, why the FUCK doesnt it allow root by default? Sometimes i need to do shit that sudo doesnt cover.

i do use Ubuntu. And Fedora.

> >it's stable
It's not LTS, so it's not.

ubuntu is the only decent linux district. it’s a shame contrarian linux n*rds didn’t support unity seeing as how it was the best de linux had to offer

Attached: C75AB545-E61E-47D0-9222-4971C6472C9B.png (874x456, 368K)

Uninstall sudo

>not plagued with performance issues like Fedora
You Ubuntu shills are going all out on fake news. Need more puppets for your Amazon botnet distro?

there's not enough official documentation for anything on it and they shuffle shit around between releases too much for forum posts found on Google to be of any help. This is coming from a former Ubuntu/Mint apologist who took the Manjaro pill

I'm using it, and it's pretty great. I just hope they decide to stop wasting time with Snap and just embrace Flatpak.

Unity was unironically great, too bad Canonical tainted it by baking in amazon shit into it. It could have been much more popular.

Disabled since 16.04
I do use it, I'm still on Unity though only because of Flatabulous theme.
Went from Cruchbang (RIP) > Arch > Ubuntu

It's not slow at all. 18 LTS is great and I'm only using a 2ghz Celeron and onboard video.

Ubongo unironically finally got their shit together.

It's fucking great and I like the default theme. So far so good.
just werks(tm)

It's kind of the great irony of linux that many of the most vocal users are anti-corperate despite linux being immensely reliant upon corporations.

Attached: based_ubongo.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

Unity was shit
Unity was created as a coping mechanism to deal with Gnome shell's bullshit much in the same way that Cinnamon was made to deal with Gnome shell's bullshit. Except Cinnamon worked to morph Gnome shell into how it used to work, whereas Unity just lived with the new thing but added a few things onto it to make it less hideous, but in the end it was more of a custom Gnome shell skin rather than its own thing and inherited most of Gnome shell's problems. Every Unity apologist I've ever met always told me about how great it is once you learn the keyboard shortcuts for it. Are you really using the DE though if you're barely clicking anything and using shortcuts? Unity apologists have a great future in the i3 fanbase.

Hello frens

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-03 11-04-33.png (772x368, 79K)

I like Ubuntu, but the most frustrating thing about it using apt for development. I'll use it to install a library or framework to later find out it's horribly out of date. Is there a good way to have the convenience of apt and have up to date packages?

Noobuntu is so bloated

Yeah, you have to use a non-lts release and suffer through the bugs in that. Don't get me wrong, I like Ubuntu, and I use it in it's desktop and server forms, but your use case would probably warrant using something like Arch (as long as you aren't dealing with a lot of python stuff).

i still use a custom iso with unity 7 on 19.04.
I dont like gnome and may work into writing a bunch of the default applications using qt.

Ubuntu sucks but

sudo su -

8/10 Underrated

Idk dude I'm using a Xeon X5450 x2 with 16 GB RAM and a piddly HD 5830. Everything seems fluid as fuck on my end. My machine is ancient as fuck. What in the world are you using?

based

Canonical always fucked up with their personal projects:

Eucalyptus
Upstart
Unity
Mir
Ubuntu Touch

etc etc

because I prefer mint cinnamon

Kubuntu is great, fuck Gnome.

Attached: FastLightAndStable.png (442x155, 8K)

The GNOME people literally said that when they released it you goddamn dumb retard.

It's such a bad GUI though. You have the dock on the left, the top panel, when opening a program is title in another panel and then usual also the different menu- and toolbars of the program itself.

This shit takes up way too much space on your screen and doesn't make any sense.

If it had up-to-date packages it'd be perfect

Attached: 012_pics.jpg (427x640, 42K)

>The initial switch to GNOME was fucking horrid, but it's really swift now
I went with Ubuntu today on an old Laptop because I knew that the iso would boot on it (no true for all installation media of other media) but it was still fucking horrid, too shit to set a background in fact (maybe it's the packaging but whatever) and undocumented shortcuts that where extremely annoying

Fedora feels more polished to me. I hate that panel on the left and the default color scheme Ubuntu has. I gave up Ubuntu 18.04 LTS for Fedora 30 at work and it's more stable, the defaults look nicer and Flatpak just works unlike snap. The only advantage Ubuntu has over Fedora is that you don't need to mess around installing media codecs and etc. but once you have that sorted, you don't need to worry about anything else.

What'd you do with the Amazon icon on your sidebar?

THIS IS NOT A REVIEW SITE

>stable
every five minutes it claims something has crashed and wants to send a report

How's Pop!_OS lads?

You are aware they killed unity right?

>Sometimes i need to do shit that sudo doesnt cover
retard

>made for the sole purpose of having built in amazon ads
>great
retarded post, and tablet ui even worse than ubuntu with the giant permanent dock in the left

the codecs shit is just a problem for the totem video player, not even need to care about that since if you download vlc or mpv it will have the codecs by default

The dock behavior was completely cancerous and I stopped using Ubuntu until now for that reason alone. Now that the dock is better in 19.04, I recommend trying it.

>why aren't you using it user? what's your excuse?
I like Ubuntu but fuck Gnome desu

Attached: Screenshot_20190605_213041.png (582x305, 39K)

What's the purpose of a desktop Linux distro when WSL2 is coming out? Not being a troll I'm genuinely interested. I was only a casual loonixer and did some basic C thats about it.

Don't have to deal with Windows

What kind of shit?

I just installed WSL/Ubuntu and this is bullshit. Will I have to install Java and GCC under both windows AND WSL? If so it's back to dual booting and keeping Win for Office. Fuck.

Run Windows in a VM and use seamless mode. Problem solved.

>>it's like having sex basically
With person who has all STDs.

retard

Well I was hoping that WSL would be cool but this just seems like an extremely shallow form of solutionism.

OpenSUSE
>It just werks
>It is stable. Want fresh software? Change Leap repositories to Tumbleweed and run "zypper dup".
>Comfy out of the box. You can select any DE you want from one installer.
>YaST. Forget about configs. Shit is automagic
>Backed by successful company
>Pure sex theme
>Pure sex wallpaper
>Pure sex snapper

Attached: dieSUSE.png (1366x768, 279K)

>Freestyler
Based

Ubuntu 19.04 is comfy, and it's GNOME version is getting better with each new release, but it still is kinda slow.
I just installed Debian Buster with GNOME back, because although it's at version 3.30, it feels snappier than Ubuntu's 3.32.
20.04 will probably be pretty good.

fuck off german, gui settings is for retards