AMD Schills REKT

wccftech.com/nvidias-ampere-gpu-launching-in-2020-will-be-based-on-samsungs-7nm-euv-process/

Attached: nigger.png (525x584, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/news/80347-samsung-bringing-amd-rdna-graphics-smartphones.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NSHITTIA 7NM SUPWEPOWER 2020
>NSHITTIA 7NM SUPWEPOWER 2020

Enjoy your $2500 3080ti's

STOP KVETCHING GOY

Nvidia is already ahead even with a fab disadvantage. Imagine how dominant they will be with the better architecture and better silicon. AMD is irrelevant in the graphics space until they have an architectural improvement on the level of zen. Intel will probably struggle to enter the market too.

>$2500
that would be $5000 please

Raja Koduri was spotted at Samsung's fabs a little while ago iirc. There's a good chance they'll be producing on Samsung 7nm EUV too. Which makes sense since they said they were aiming for 2020 for discrete GPUs. Also it's typical of Intel to basically subsidise their goods when trying to penetrate a market.

I expect AMD to get sandwiched at the low end by Intel and top by nvidia. They're about to die and no one is paying attention. It's not too late for nvidia to buy AMD desu. Jensen can be the king of AMD like he wanted

nvidia can jew you as much as they want and you won't even have a good alternative because amd is incapable of building a competitive graphics card

cope

It will be great to see a low / mid end war with AMD & Intel in the graphics space. Nvidia will end up getting dragged down there with them.

fabless intel when?

the silver lining is that all new games are shit so why would you want or need a flagship gpu anyway? unironically the best game to play on rtx cards is fucking raytraced quake 2

Attached: 1559607046313.jpg (250x229, 8K)

3060 6.5gb only 499 (2070 + 5% performance)

At least on 7nm it will only pull 120 watts.

AMD has Milan, 7nm APU, Navi 20, XBOX, PS5, 3rd gen Threadripper and other shit
I don't think novideo's chips are going to be manufactured eariler

Just buy it ffs.

$5000? Who said $10000? We wouldn't ask $20000 for a graphics card!

>have no competition
>its nvidia's fault for AMD's incompetence

I doubt it will be a war. When Intel initiated contrarevenue for their mobile atom to fight ARM they spent so much money on "assisting" partners with ads, client device design, implementation, rebates, etc that they were basically negative on income. ARM is to the mobile market as nvidia is to GPUs. Well AMD is not nvidia, they dipped to single digit marketshare just a little while ago, although they may have recovered. If Intel uses such aggressive practices again then AMD could be in trouble.

As for nvidia, I doubt Intel's gpus will be big enough to eat nvidia's cake, $300+ GPUs. AMD is barely putting up a fight for

This. There is no good game with good graphics that pushes for the need of high end graphics. Zoomers only care about shit like fortnite or minecraft.

Government's fault, they're the ones supposed to deal with monopolies.

true

based boomerfag

my jrpg's don't even use 15% of my 1080ti's full capability

You just explained the mindset of console gamers

Yup. Waiting for Cyberpunk here, no reason to upgrade otherwise.

And comparing their PC specnis.

>AMD licenses a IP block to samsung
How's this any different than pic related?

They don't own AMD's GPU technology it's just a module they integrate into their SOC die.

This will be great for desktop Linux experience on the phone.
(Long as samsung allows unlocking the bootloader)

Whoops.
Pic related has a AMD integrated graphics IP block.

Attached: Intel-8th-Gen-CPU-discrete-graphics-2-800x520.jpg (800x520, 22K)

intel used to license same thing from nvidia. nobody works with nvidia anymore though, do they have any partners left at all?

techspot.com/news/80347-samsung-bringing-amd-rdna-graphics-smartphones.html

Nope. It's not actually semi-custom. They're allowing Samsung to work directly with AMD IP. It's probably more like the zen to China deal

>Ampere
>2020
20 Amp power draw confirmed!!

They're slowly losing everyone else now that AMD is the undisputed compute champion and can actually push money into assisting with development of their GPUs.

>2500$ for the card + 1000$ for the cooler fans
Innovation!

Can anyone explain why can't Intel make a GPU that can clock as high as 5ghz with their 14nm+++?

They would stomp nvidia if they managed to do that.

didn't nvidia try and throw TMSC under the bus for their failure to design a GPU?

Because TSMC actually fucked up. They overpromised on 20nm's efficiency and cost. Unsurprisingly basically no one used it.

They have a better track record than GF, who fucked up all the time, but they still fuck up occasionally. Like recently when they contaminated thousands of wafers and had toss them

part of the idea with a GPU is you clock it low so you can cram 4000 floating point units on a chip without pulling over 9000 watts

GPUs scale with moar cores so there's less incentive to push insane clocks

Generally more compute units seems to require more current. Gpus being big arrays of computing units naturally demand more power even at lower clocks. This probably has to do with the fact that it takes a ton of cache to feed them all and a beefy front end to distribute the work. Hence, you have complex modules that such high power and cant clock high.

They haven't dramatically improved architecture since Maxwell. Until games utilize the fp16 capabilities of Pascal, improvements are basically only due to the dieshrink. The frustrating behavior of GPU boost 4 and 5 show that even with the improved efficiency, hotspots are becoming an issue. I think the days of dieshrinks leading to a major boosts in clocks are gone.

TSMC is clearly on track with 7 nm EUV and 5 nm, and Radeon finally dropped GCN for RDNA. Big Navi will be late 2019/2020 and a 7nm+ (EUV) new architecture not long after.

So will RDNA be any good and will Nvidia do more than just push RTX™?

Attached: 1547203430620.webm (564x398, 852K)

AMD RTG is basically already a walking corpse in desktops, but I think if they go all out Nvidia 7nm will put them in the ground for good unless Navi somehow blows away expectations.

>So will RDNA be any good and will Nvidia do more than just push RTX™?
one thing for sure, RDNA will define what is possible in games for the next 5 years
nvidia will never be able to break console parity.

XDDD

don't forget they intend to price their GPUS at the same price as Nvidia. Navi dead on arrival.

>amd finds more suckers to fund radeon r&d
genius

Are you retarded? Turing is close to 20% better per compute unit than Pascal. They overhauled the cache and it shows.

>just wait

>7nm EUV
cool. sadly Nvidia will try take every single shekel you got for their cards. should up the CUDA cores again instead of putting meme cores into it like RT but well, we can't have everything can we

based and amdpilled

still better value than iToddlers Poz Stand

Attached: satania.jpg (500x500, 66K)

>t's not too late for nvidia to buy AMD desu.
Their x86 license isn't transferable

Amd probably hasn't spent a penny of their own money on radeon in years. It's genius.

>It's probably more like the zen to China deal
Linux devs said the Chinese literally did fuck all changes.

>But the China-produced Hygon "Dhyana" processors are so similar to AMD's EPYC processors that Linux kernel developers have listed vendor IDs and family series numbers as the only difference. In fact, Linux maintainers have simply ported over the EPYC support codes to the Dhyana processor and note that they have successfully run the same patches on AMD's EPYC processors, implying there is little to no differentiation between the chips.

I mean we live in a world where nVidiots would gladly pay WHATEVER nVidia charges at this point. They may as well charge 10'000$ for their flagship at this point and put AMD out of their misery, it's clear consumers don't care about price/perf anymore, just retarded brand recognition.

>this is the delusions that amd tards tell themselves every day to cope

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (1156x782, 194K)

>samsung
lol, enjoy your low clocks.
didn't they learn from amd?

There is no single "x86 license". Intel and AMD both own a suite of essential patents for x86_64 and they cross license the patent portfolio. In other words there's no one license, it's a collection of technology and one party can hold any number of them so the power is distributed. AMD pioneered x86_64, hence AMD64, Intel has a right to use the related patents by offering to license their own patents to AMD. Intel has no right to AMD's IP should AMD be bought up, and their previous license agreement specifically had language stating should AMD be absorbed by a different entity (or Intel for that matter) the surviving party will engage in good faith negotiations to re-license IPs. They probably just renewed the same deal.

When VIA bought Cyrix, a much weaker x86 IP holder than AMD, by far, Intel tried to refuse to re-license with VIA. Intel lost the lawsuit and had to renegotiate a cross patent license.

I’m running a 5760x1080 racing sim setup on a 1080 and it’s flawless. Why the fuck would I need more?

>Intel lost the lawsuit and had to renegotiate a cross patent license.
Oh wait sorry, iirc Intel settled and just agreed to a new agreement

Lmfao amd has 1 fucking gpu that is price competative. The 570, and its fucking trash. Kys retard quit shamming people for not buying trash

If you're poor just get a half gen console like the ps4 pro or x1x. This race to the bottom is ridiculous

>no cuda equivalent
>worse opencl perf than nvidia
>broken drivers

what exactly is amd good for outside of budget gaming builds.

>TSMC fucks whole silicon fabs because impurities
>Nvidia RTX GPU's still failing a lot because TSMC(fyi just check nvidia forums and nvidia subreddit)

>But MUH LOwER CLoCks

Housefires lol

Iirc it's the memory that causes a lot of the failures. Either from hynix or micron. Samsung memory is the best as usual

chips do not fail, don't be retarded, if chip passed testing it will not die in foreseeable warranty at the very least.

I dont know if you are really retarded but plenty of chips can pass quality control and still fail in the forseeable future.

Ffs check the forums I mentioned and come back instead of making retarded posts.

Yeah but it still beats AMD's best offering on perf/dollar or perf/watt.

Attached: 1541939272017.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Has it ever crossed your mind that perhaps it's not 99% of the market that is wrong, but you?

Attached: 1548577898859.png (396x408, 165K)

Have you ever left your house? Most 'PC Gamers' don't even know AMD sells GPUs lol, I told my friend I own an RX 580 and he honestly thought I was on about owning a GTX 580, this is a monopoly situation, pure and simple.

What retards are you hanging out with?

Another user here, he's right. I have normie acquaintances who refer to their GPU as gtx 970 and didn't know that there's amd GPUs.

W O O D S C R E W S

Attached: 240px-17solidscrew.jpg (240x150, 6K)

>admitting to keeping retards for friends

>only in america

Look at the Steam GPU charts, I can GUARANTEE the vast majority of the 1050ti owners on there didn't even know the 570 was an option when they bought their prebuilt PC.

Never

Intel would rather split into 2

Intel consumer (fabless) to Samsung/TSMC and Intel Xeons/mobile/etc (their own fabs)

It depends on how good their GPUs are, if they're trash they're sticking to their own fabs forever until they become Supermicro or IBM

It's nice that AMD finally forcing nvidia to release new products and even lowering prices, rather than waiting 4 fucking years to get overpriced piece of shit that is the 20 series.

>rather than waiting 4 fucking years to get overpriced piece of shit that is the 20 series.
>mean while we get navi from AMD and amd drones love it

People don't understand AMD strategy, they don't make GPU to compete with nvidia anymore, what they do is serve its clients with a GPU designed to their needs, those are Microsoft, Sony, Google and now Samsung. Semi-customs are where AMD money mostly comes from. Just check how much PS4s are out there.

Nintendo?

>GCN for RDNA
RDNA is GCN

>AMD finally forcing nvidia
lmfao
RTX was literally Nvidia prepping their anus for the 2020 Intel GPU that has literally two decades of raytracing tech dumped into its silicone that Intel had to shelve because the godamn silicone tech and game tech wasn't good enough yet.

>he thinks Intel will make a capable GPU
>when they've abandoned the desktop market

They will produce a gaming capable card that does ray tracing very well.

So basically nothing AMD can compete with and something Nvidia had to try and milk really quick to recoup some of their investment in the tech.

All i wish for is proper competition, it is good for all of us. Every company that gets too big becomes an asshole. I have no doubt in my mind that AMD too would, if it could.

It is all about balance

Attached: be33b6afba87071e8af2977e8c9d9657.png (420x420, 26K)

AMD sucks shit and are the reason we are in this situation in the first place.

funny how nvidia doesn't even need 7nm to completely annihilate amd housefires

In fact the changes are ~200 lines of code, related to cryptography done by the cards.

Wonder what it could be

Attached: JA1y4DR_d(3)__01.jpg (250x247, 17K)

how would that even 'solve' anything, nerfing nvidia would just mean shittier GPUs and consumers would be worse off
nvidia doesn't even have some sort of unnatural monopoly anyways, they just keep making the best products so people buy them
they spend tons of money on r&d and are actually very innovative as a company I really don't see the problem
>waaaaaaah my graphics card to play games is too expensive how am I supposed afford this years upgrade AND have enough money left over for tendies?!
>I NEED this new graphics card my old one from last year can barely run autism simulator 2020 at 4k 240fps!
>this is literally violence towards gamer-americans
>baka this capitalist system is so corrupt
>AMD truly cares for guys like me

After the trega paperclip? I doubt it.

Good luck making x86 cpu without without SSE and AVX.

>cannot even push over 120/144 fps in most AAA games
>stuck in the same fps bracket as amd cards
>waow, ngreedia gave me 10 xtra fps on fartnut! Thanks leather jacket man!

Any recommendations on a cheap wheel+pedal (with clutch) setup?