AdoredTV in full damage control

youtube.com/watch?v=6j2exh5lwmE

You can hear his voice shaking with cope throughout

Attached: NV1ktrQg.png (512x512, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-7nm-node-process-euv,39097.html
hothardware.com/news/amd-zen-3-ryzen-threadripper-epyc-7nm-cpus-transistor-density-uplift
pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-cpu-tsmc-7nm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he's losing patreon money
I still can't believe people give money to retards on the internet...

>another e-celeb thread

LOL he was being pretty pathetic on twitter the day of computex

dont pretend you dont love it

Based, adoredTV finally coming clean and calling the 3800X a turd

>still claiming 5ghz
>doesnt acknowledge his prices were completely off
>doesnt acknowledge half the line up he claimed is MIA

idk why people keep claiming XFR will boost to 5GHZ. all we've seen it do so far is give 50-100MHz in boost.

I'm pretty sure everyone at Jow Forums could email him with "leaks" that he would publish in his videos.

He's digging his own grave with these videos. We'll confirm that he's full of bs in a month's time.

his history videos are great, his speculation has been dreadful though. he only got chiplets right because literally everyone else in the industry was talking about them

whenever he links to his website through twitter it has the "too good to be true" line he was so very salty about and sadly still seems to be

what was he even RIGHT about, I wonder
the fuck is wrong with these cultists pretending he was dead-on

They either doing it ironically or protecting his feefees

Moore's Law is Dead on youtube said the same thing with a straight face
this whole my dad works at Nintendo debacle has been so weird to witness

Can someone summarize everything he got right/wrong?

What's our placebo threshold? He should have gotten more than a third right?

Attached: 1559030130356.jpg (1440x949, 511K)

No boxes = SKUs don't exist
Red = Wrong info
Green = Right

what a mongoloid

>just support me on patreon guys!

Attached: Zen 2 retard vs reality.png (2242x2122, 1.86M)

some of those prices are downright unrealistic

>still claiming 5GHz
That's what AMD does, though.

he is a retard for claiming prices or model specs a year in advance but i honestly believe they were intended cheaper than what we will get.
Through all the Intel fuckups and the "we pay anyway" crowd they likely raised their margins as its always possible to lower them post launch if shit doesn't sell.

I also expect a second wave of "~5ghz" AM4 chips at threadripper launch once they've stocked some golden samples.

His guesses were worse than chance!

Attached: 1558898802553 (1).png (1296x900, 373K)

>stocked some golden samples
I can't stand the ignorance neither of this board nor from adoredtv.
AMD's current chips are produced with the old planar method.
EUV hasn't been in full production yet.
>TSMC so far has 7FF and a 7HPC as 7nm offerings, but had also announced a 7nm+ node, leveraging EUV in a few process layers before more widely deploying EUV at 5nm.
That being said, those "gold samples" are not coming from binning, but instead are coming from the EUV lithography.
7nm EUV chips are what you should buy. Peak quality, peak Perf/Consumption ratio, low price, earlier and cheaper than any 5nm node... etc.

Attached: EUV-Wafers.png (1221x675, 130K)

>Today’s announcement adds 6nm as a third 7nm enhancement (besides 7nm Pro and 7nm+). TSMC’s aims to provide a compelling performance-to-price ratio as well as a fast time to market. This is done by being design-rule-compatible with 7nm, hence providing a seamless migration path from 7nm with a short design cycle time. TSMC says 6nm will have higher performance than 7nm and will deliver an 18% improvement in transistor density compared to 7nm. This is very similar to its 7nm+ that is already in risk production, but TSMC did not disclose how 7nm+ and 6nm differ.
you can read the rest from tom's flaccidware tomshardware.com/news/tsmc-7nm-node-process-euv,39097.html

holy fuck and you're calling other ignorant

Give me some of that magic light chips AMD!

>gold samples" are not coming from binning
lol, explain the i9 series then

it's so obvious that amd throws you the cheese and when EUV goes into full production they will build everything on it.
From 2017/01 to 2017/07 AMD had a second iteration of chips on the same node, 14nm, and released on it the TR and EPYC chips.
EUV 7nm is closer to planar 7nm in terms of time to market, than 12nm was to 14nm.
So most probably in q3-q4 2019 you'll start getting the second iteration of the 7nm node and most probably a second iteration of silicon.

@71282516
holy fuck, you don't even make sense.

it was a complete meltdown

How long do i have to wait before i can get euv chip

>q3-q4 2019 you'll start getting most probably a second iteration of silicon.
Dude Gen 3 Ryzen doesn't hit until q3
they hardly invest millions in masks just to ditch them 3 months later
14nm to "12nm" used the same masks, the expensive part of production.
This is not the case for 7nm euv. the non euv uses a bigger stack.
I stop here before i start spewing bs out of my ass

TSMC has now 7nm EUV in risk production, which they call 7nm+.
You want those chips.
Those chips will either come in late '19, or early '20.

take a sec and read the above article and then read the 1st half of this hothardware.com/news/amd-zen-3-ryzen-threadripper-epyc-7nm-cpus-transistor-density-uplift
then read the first paragraph of this pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-cpu-tsmc-7nm

I don't think that AMD will wait for zen3 to deploy 7nm+(EUV) since it's already in risk production since 2019/03 and when tsmc announced a 6nm iteration of the 7nm node.
I think that they will rush to hit the market with those chips by christmas.

>Dude Gen 3 Ryzen doesn't hit until q3
I think you mean Zen3.
Zen3 projected to use EUV(7nm+) when TSMC was planning 2 generations of the of the 7nm node.
TSMC changed everything, by creating another generation of 7nm, the 6nm, which offers better density... this simply means that the clocks would be way better than the 7nm chips.

>40k a year for a (fake) tech tabloid

Attached: Screenshot_20190605-122859.png (1440x2960, 1.03M)

He should stop doing leaks on SKUs and prices.

28.3k. Well, assuming years weren't upgraded to have 17 months while I wasn't looking.

Absolute garbage fud.

agreed
shitting on early adopters in an unprecedented way, if true

how is it fud?
2 days ago TSMC made a new announcement on the change of plans about 7nm.
I am not shitting on anyone.
If there's any chance to have a 5GHz Zen2 chip, that's only under the 7nm EUV node.
If you didn't understand it by watching the video, we are talking about those secret 5GHz chips.
The transition to EUV increases density by 18%, thus increases the frequency under the same power curve and voltage.
It's simple physics.

>some of those prices are downright unrealistic
No it is not.
Those R7 3700x and 3800x are the shittiest silicons that aren't good for servers.

At least it's not some fucking 1mil+ sub channel, I like laughing at these smaller channels as they crash, burn and ultimately cave in and end up releasing click-bait trash to try and stay afloat after they left their job to go full time on YouTube.

such as?

>18%
In relative terms this is nothing isn't it? A proper node shrink easily does 170%-300% improvement

18% higher density doesn't mean shit if the processor isn't redrawn for the EUV. That's why it's total bullshit and you should just point and laugh at the FUD being thrown around. The only thing that process might land on is Big Navi and 7nm RTX/GTX chips. Expecting AMD to just release a whole new slew of CPU chips is idiotic.

from
>CES to May you'll have Zen 2 16 core 5.1Ghz
for 500$ in your hands
now
>muh golden sample that isn't even announced yet alone the 16 core part
>12 core for 500$ instead of 300$
>it'll be march of next year for 5Ghz I swear bros
>AMD supah powah 2020 FOR REAL THIS TIME
>JUST WAIT

And how many of those drones are actually AMD employees or RedTeamPlus members? I guarantee you 0%. People are stupid.

What stood out to me most was how worried he was on what Navi's pricing will be. If AMD is going to be Post-Pascal Nvidia 2.0 in the GPU then it really will be up to Intel to bring sanity back to the graphics market.

I JUST WANT $300 TO BE CONSIDERED MAINSTREAM AGAIN DAMN IT.

The worst of it were drones who were throwing around 6 core for $99 a day before computex

Attached: Screenshot_20190606-032055.png (1759x2048, 659K)

Remember all those threads where this faggot's paypigs were defending him tooth and nail? Saying he couldn't ever possibly be wrong? Then CES came, proved him wrong, making him do damage control nonstop for like 24 hours on twitter?
I remember. I told you so.

He made everything up, dipshits.

That ship has sailed $300 is now entry level, $500 mid range, $800 high end and $1200 flagship

hows u doin guise pls support me on my patreon

Attached: ayyymd.jpg (568x612, 66K)

im pretty confident that AMD saw a golden opportunity with these leaks to see market reaction. All this "too good to be true" resulted in this underwhelming release. AMD needs 5Ghrz to beat intel in gaming and they cant charge more than 400 for it. Certainly not for a fucking 8 core. Ill sit on my 2600 for the time being. a 25% improvement in games doesnt cut it for me.

How come techtubers don't call out this guy?

Is it because he has rabid AMD shills and fanboys ready to die for him?

intel is getting higher clocks in their designs, compared to other 14nm nodes due to 2 reasons.
1st less wire length, which is defined by the technology used and the p&r algorithms.
2nd cpu design, pipeline stages, size of caches, size of the chip(complexity)
in a given netlist you cannot fix clocks. you can study the critical path, but you cannot fix anything.
By simply using a different, better, technology library with better capacitance, core size, etc, you get better operational frequencies, as the critical path remains the same, but the delays are less.
those definitions for a typical tool, e.g. cadence, is as follows
UNITS
CAPACITANCE PICOFARADS X ;
CURRENT MILLIAMPS X ;
VOLTAGE VOLTS X ;
FREQUENCY MEGAHERTZ X ;
DATABASE MICRONS X ;
END UNITS
MANUFACTURINGGRID X.x ;
SITE CORE
SIZE X.x BY X.x ;
SYMMETRY Y ;
CLASS CORE ;
END CORE

I don't have the needed variables to tell you exactly what's the uplift with a 18% denser library, on the same design, but it's close to 1:1.

intel butthurt. go back to jerking off to 2d kids.
Also, nobody from AMD claimed that they are going to give you X GHz of 16 cores.

Jim is the Jow Forums and /reddit/ kinda guy.
All of those tech illiterate faggots would be posting only screenfetches if it weren't for semi-illiterates to chew their food.

He was called out by everybody. Only shills still watch him.

>techtubers
nobody in its sane mind uses YT for that kind of tech news.
tech tubers are just tech wiggers.

You forgot to link your patreon, faggot.

What do you use for anything tech related then?

I work for a living.
In fact, I design chips for a living.

He has his own subset of fanboys who are deluded plus it's easy and fun to point and laugh at a distance than to touch the shitpile directly.

yeah
very cool

>shitting on a youtuber for a 6 months old leaks
>doesnt shit on timmy that went on a similiar vomit

there used to be a very nice forum, on semiaccurate.
I was in many Dell and Intel NDA presentations in Germany and Switzerland and other countries and some of them had Demerjian, or friends of Demerjian there.
I used to read a lot the guys there. There's this italian who also has people inside Asrock or Asus from what I understand ( as he gets a lot of info about AIB and motherboards ) and he has an italian tech site. He is the one with the twitter posting memes mainly, but some good leaks too.
There were 2-3 people more, which I don't remember, without ofc any website, and shared their info from their jobs.
I was fortunate to meet with a lot of people in 2013 and 2014 from Dell, IBM, Altera, Xilinx, Intel, AMD and other companies like mellanox which most ppl don't know.
For the time being, I don't have those connections anymore, due to working on a different lab ( I do r&d ), but also there aren't any places known to me like the S|A forums to find h/w designer and digital system engineers to discuss on those subjects.
I just waste my time on Jow Forums getting called a shill most of the time.
I'll be home in o few mins. I can post proof as I have many business cards from those people that I met in the industry.

I was an FPGA developer at Cern, then moved to a smaller lab designing SDR cards and now I am working on HLS optimization algorithms on a third lab.
AMA.

Also I have a lot of connections now with QC and lived all the drama with the QC vs Apple lawsuits.

It's all about Narrative.

You mean BitsandChips. That wop is a friend of mine.

it's just sad for a grown man to be unable to humble himself and say he was wrong

Even if it reaches 5Ghz, it won't be in the way adoredtv "had leaks of".
Wrong models, wrong prices, wrong clocks.
He's full of air.

He was also dead fucking wrong about the APU line up. Completely. Ryzen 3000 series APUs are RavenRidge refreshes, not 7nm parts, and absolutely not chiplets.

His latest videos are all about him trying to prove that he's right more than anything. It's filled to the brim with cope

yes.
tell him that he is a great guy and he is doing great job. He doesn't know me, but I know him well since I've followed him on and off S|A and read all his reviews, even if I had them translated.
I hope he does well and hopefully the old buddies from S|A can get back together to make fun of juanga's bullshit. :)

he should've just stopped about the chiplets and just shut up about everything.

People like you should stop LARPing as tech """journalists""".

I never said I am a journalist.
I am an enginigger.

That's what you get for spewing out information from anonymous message boards you drunk scottish cuck. That's what you get for selling views based on hype instead of rationale. That's what you get for heing a smarmy littlw fanboy.
Your prices were way fucked, your clockspeeds were way fucked, your assessment of Zen2 capabilities was way fucked.

Welcome to reality:
A power optimized brand new bleeding edge lithography node and a core that is twice as complex means barely more clockspeed at barely less power at the same IPC as the competition.

The shit I've been saying for over a year.

I watched one of his videos few years back and I thought his channel will end up with the rest of the rumor mill trash out there. I don't even know why he became so successful and why people even take him seriously because I never did. And no one should.

Now drop that that reddit spacing and people might read that.

Hey so why did S|A shut down their forums after they finally restarted registration? I was having a great time finally able to discuss tentative products with the long time regulars. And then one day after a few weeks of being off the site I come back to it just gone.

>Those chips will either come in late '19, or early '20.
fuck you and fuck my Intel 4670k, I am not waiting any longer. 7/7 baby.

amdrones are vocal but dedicated minority and it's been that way for the last 20 years I've been building pcs.
He cashed out by telling them the sweet little lies they want to hear.

Rumour mill, hype, and clickbait is all that's left.

32 core 6ghz 2023. Just wait.

because i don't really care to look it up myself can someone explain what adored said and why he was wrong?

Did Intel kill his entire family? Is he a former AMD employee who got shat on by Intel years ago?

Attached: Screenshot.png (673x398, 61K)

>still faster than intel

Attached: chrome_cTatb22ma5.jpg (2322x885, 203K)

i'm this poster. also amd is good right?

Lurk moar zoom zoom

That can't be real.

He's a manchild

Underwhelming by whom'st'd've'thoughs standards?

Because they're just as bad as he is.

What's the color of the boathouse at Hereford?

>idk why people keep claiming XFR will boost to 5GHZ
Still dreaming of that GF IBM Nazi science 7 high power node

Theres 0 chance. Yields for chiplets iirc are pretty good, but still lower than entire zen dies on 12 and 14nm. And the wafers are more expensive. Add in the IO chiplet and the interposer and placing process and theres no way it could be cheaper. Which explains why the -700x sku went back up in price. Basically that fat fuck didnt even consider how pricing would work based on cost to AMD and pulled numbers out his ass

EUV early is expected to be lower power than DUV

Under the same power curve, but the power curve hits a ceiling quicker

dude relax. we are talking about the future products.
nobody says that you shouldn't buy, I am just describing what's coming on by reading the latest TSMC and AMD announcements.

Adored supporters are too proud to admit the man knows nothing. The emperor has no clothes but we'll buy him some.