Alright I'm reddy to take the linux pill. What distro is most similar to Windows XP / 7 in terms of functionally...

Alright I'm reddy to take the linux pill. What distro is most similar to Windows XP / 7 in terms of functionally? I don't need it to LOOK like Windows, just be as easy to use

Attached: crQU0tKUCxVxBMy3ZTIrWK2RNHRwB0igpUxs3GnYjrg.jpg (1200x628, 22K)

Fedora with Cinnamon

Linux Mint, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, essentially anything with Cinnamon, KDE or XFCE

xfce feels a lot like winXP imo

Xubuntu.

>just be as easy to use
sorry, not possible

Kubuntu. The widgets feel like vista done right.

Manjaro KDE is easy as fuck transition from windows

go with xubuntu 18.04 lts and you'll be good until april 2021

Linux Mint with Cinnamon.

Linux Mint + Cinnamon or Debian + Cinnamon. Probably the least buggy out of anything listed here.

Linux Mint

If a picture is enough to change your mind on this then you're probably not going to make it.

Attached: 1559702376230.jpg (4096x2899, 820K)

install gentoo

Debian with fish.
Do not use a desktop environment if you value ease of use. Just use a good shell.
Later you can start playing around with pure window managers.

Manjaro Deepin or KDE

Whatever you chose, stay away from Ubuntu

q4os is very XP like

Fpbp

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1559154919767.jpg (522x392, 31K)

Mint, Manjaro some version of Ubuntu like Xubuntu

Try Zorin

Top down the operating system known as Linux doesn't need GNU.

Attached: 1559271735093.jpg (1000x1333, 668K)

i have been down this road
stop what you are about to do
dont confuse lack of features with "lack of bloat"
doesnt work, always out of date
user, remember that those who choose the most complicated process to complete a simple task, and consider themselves smart, are truly the worst kind of idiot.

I wish she wasn't wearing anything under that dress.

Linux Mint with XFCE desktop.

>be me
>wanna watch a movie
>open up default gnome video player
>hardware acceleration not available by default so laptop gets hot without fucking with settings
>install win10

gentoo with screen or tmux

Depends what you want, Gnome (with extensions) is quite streamlined and easy to use, on the other side of the spectrum is KDE which is very much the kitchen sink, you don't need extensions as much because everything is in the box, but in your quest for customization you can fuck up pretty badly.

Literally anything that comes with XFCE

Install mpv also (for windows)

Pop!_OS or elementaryOS honestly. Those two gave me the least amount of troubles.

I would try Linux Mint + Cinnamon or KDE. Manjaro + Cinnamon/KDE is also pretty good.

>gnome
found your problem