When did you graduate from headphones to speakers?

Attached: 1531082714934.png (198x290, 19K)

when I got my own place. headphones are a terrible way to listen to music

Never, headphones >>>>> speakers.

t. never had actually good and comfy headphones

i went the other way around because of fucking neighbors

About a month ago, I bought some Edifiers and they're lovely. I also discovered people weren't joking about how shit the subwoofers are on cheap 2.1s, these have more bass without a subwoofer than the 2.1s did.

Speakers fill the room with sound and create 3D depth, headphones are just flat and unnatural sounding.

Attached: oops.jpg (665x722, 106K)

Music is not meant to play from tiny speakers close to your ears. Headphones are always a second-class solution.

>a weight on your head
>comfy

Edifiers R1700 are great.

This.

I got the 1850DB for a slight discount, but it's basically the same outside of a sub out.

Properly designed headphones spread the weight out enough that you don't notice it.

when i got out of campus

it's not the headphones that gave him tinnitus, it's the fact that he's listening on retard volumes, you can get tinnitus standing too close to the speakers at a concert.

listening to anything louder than a certain point is a self destructive cycle, finally ending with you going deaf.

i usually listen to shit at the lowest volume needed to discern individual sounds/voices, for me that's about 5% volume on my PC and 8% on my phone, slightly higher if there's ambient noise.

legit tilts me when i see someone wearing headphones and I can actually hear sounds coming out of them from 5 feet away, feels like watching someone stick a rusted needle up their arm.

When did you graduate from speakers to plasma arcs?

you mean from speakers to headphones, right?

pleb detected

more than a year ago.

I know a few professional studio musicians that would strongly disagree.

ask their mixing and mastering engineers

I still need headphones for my ASMR sessions

Had speakers for my entire life.

The best possible headphones or IEM still never compare to quality speakers. Even at lower volumes its a totally different experience to feel the low bass tones slightly reverberate in your chest. Having the music actually hit your body is infinitely better than the most perfectly accurate studio monitors headphones.

One time I cried because the music coming through the headphones was so perfect.

Which computer speakers should I get? I’ve been thinking about upgrading mine, so far the best ones on all the lists are the A2+ along with a subwoofer and I’ve been thinking of getting that

I never used headphones.

Music quality depends too much on room acoustics when it's coming from speakers. Plus quality speakers are way pricier than quality headphones. Taking those both factors into account it costs like 5x as much to get the same sound quality from speakers as you would get from headphones.
I'm not even talking that you don't disturb your family / neighbors when listening to heaphones. Of course you autists will try to counter that argument by saying you live alone like its a good thing.

I'm this and I have very good quality speakers, the same for about 20 years now, and they cost me nothing.

ah fellow Staxchad

??
What is your point?

That quality speakers are not expensive.

I like my DM601 S2's, but you can't blast speakers at 3am.

Otherwise, your parents aren't able to sleep and therefore work, and you won't have a house to sit on your ass and wank all day in.

What would you know about quality of speakers if you've listened to the same pair of cheap speakers for 20 years and never put on headphones ?

Why not both? Speakers for home cinema and casual listening, headphones for intimate focused listening. They just bring out so much detail.

No reason you can't have both.
Speakers and headphones have different use cases and can coexist in a desktop

Thanks for bringing some sense into this thread.

My speakers play better sound than most places where I've heard music.
You're also trying to counter my argument by saying that having absurdly high audio demands is a good thing.

>My speakers play better sound than most places where I've heard music.
It doesn't tell anything about the quality your speakers. Music sounds like shit in most places.
>You're also trying to counter my argument by saying that having absurdly high audio demands is a good thing.
How can you pretend to know what are high quality audio speakers if you admit to having low audio demands?

>How can you pretend to know what are high quality audio speakers if you admit to having low audio demands?
You are like someone who would have refused to listen to Sylvius Leopold Weiss play a good decent lute because you only listen to Stradivari lutes?
There's absolutely nothing wrong about the quality my stereos play. It sounds close to playing real instruments, depending on the instrument (guitar sounds pretty much the same, violin doesn't exactly, but it's not a big difference). I play myself too so I know.
Also, I never admitted having low audio demands. Are you inventing things because you have no actual arguments? I've heard music from alarm clocks, car stereos, TVs etc. that had low quality audio. I have a clearly higher demands than that.

>buying new speakers
Go to your local thrift store and pickup decent speaker monitors or an old dolby surround for less than 50$. Chances are you get way better quality than shit you could probably afford new

Too many dumb shits who dump their then 3k audio setup for a fucking sound bar because it has google botnet integration

You don't get computer speakers, you connect your computer to your amp and your amp to some quality speakers from goodwill

never ever because the sound coming from my computer is meant for my ears only
headphones aren't well thought of because most people, even ITT, have never heard actually good ones and would never consider spending a lot on them because they're just headphones

I never use headphones cause they're uncomfortable and would mess up my hair
only ugly people will defend them

Attached: 26871716_584963908508228_1715916318961565696_n.jpg (1080x1128, 49K)

Attached: 1559494305630m.jpg (1024x777, 72K)

Not sure why would listen to anything other than your own live performance through in ear monitors anyway.

based

About a year ago.

Attached: Room.jpg (4048x3036, 3.17M)

based staxers

When Ill move out of an apartment and get a house for myself.
So when I get rich...
So probably never

with headphones you could get higher fidelity for cheaper, other than that there is no reason to use cans at home
Ive grown to hate headphones from using then 7hrs/day at work you get super tired of them and your hearing deteriorates