This costs $1000

This costs $1000.

Attached: social-media-users-mock-apple-for-its-1000-monitor-stand-that-it-displayed-like-a-piece-of-art.jpg (634x922, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gocontigo.com/16-oz-autoseal-west-loop-stainless-travel-mug-with-easy-clean-lid.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut up poor fag

>everything should be as cheap as OP's mom

What did Apple mean by pricing it the same as the iPhone? Are they implying that you get the same value from a hunk of aluminium as you'd get from buying an iPhone?

So? Only retards fall for that shit.
Are you a retard? Probably no, don't buy it.

$999.

Do you realize they sell anodized aluminum keyboard cases for more than that?

Only a poorfag would spew posts like this.

Some of us have tons of money, and dont waste it on crap like this.

This costs $156. And I can even put my coffee.

Attached: 71Hes2lagLL._SX425_.jpg (425x379, 19K)

The mechanism is litrally copied from an older mac, back from when Tim Cuck was still in the closet.

Attached: Cucked again.png (1058x1222, 560K)

plus taxes, so prepare to get even more fucked by them and the gov

>it has no swivel

Attached: images (15).jpg (225x225, 8K)

>have entire desk to place coffee on
>need to place it there where it can ruin keyboard if spilled
mac haters never gonna make it

Nobody can be this retarded to actually buy it?
Can it?

Attached: 1552135368866.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Do you even have to ask that question?

>reinvent mounting solution
>price starts at 199

iTard status:
>OFFICIALLY GAPED

> What is a halo product?
It's not designed to be affordable or practical. The goal is to get people talking which surprise, here we are. This stand will no doubt generate them millions of dollars in free marketing. It's purpsoe is shaping their brand identity, not really being useful.

Do I think that's ideal or practical? Fuck no. Welcome to late stage capitalism meta marketing.

What's the point of free buzz if that buzz is saying your company is stupid and nobody should buy your things?

This 1,000 metal hulk fiasco reminded me of this. Macfags will buy anything, no matter how retarded, if it has Apple's logo slapped in it.

Attached: 1314229273761.jpg (1060x983, 101K)

>an open cup

That cup is one accidental bump away from ruining everything. Use a sealed watertight mug like pic related instead.

gocontigo.com/16-oz-autoseal-west-loop-stainless-travel-mug-with-easy-clean-lid.html

Attached: 694753-main.jpg (800x1200, 66K)

why Apple need drop the price of this useless shit?
Nobody asked for this and in professional workflows, stands are buried under wires, monitors, GPUs and cups coffee

how is stuff like this machine? There's no welds or anything visible on it. Do they just mill a huge block of metal?

Yes, that's how they justify the price

People who are already your fans will double down on defending you and buy one out of spite

I know most of g probably has autism and terrible motor skills but not everyone is this much of a manchild that they need babysafe cups

Attached: 1429649689154.png (432x391, 201K)

A 30 USD glass is much less of a ripoff desu, that image has been far surpassed by reality.

Nobody is going to buy this. It's a HEALDINE grabber and you anti-Apple brainlets take the bait like you always do. The target demographic for this display already have arm mounts. They're going to pay $199 for the little VESA attachment and add it to their existing monitor arm.

Apple did this to gain attention, a lot of people who had no idea about WWDC or the new Mac Pro have now heard about it thanks to the viral stand. Plebs are always so dumb.

>not using one of those soda helmets with straws

>They're going to pay $199 for the little VESA attachment
Ah yes because that's the real value deal, 200 dollaridoos for a VESA adapter.

based

Also this. Even in the presentation video Jony Ive says it's from a single block of aluminium. That paired with the fact it's going to be a much, much, much lower volume part than say, the MacBook Pro chassis means it cost a lot to make. If they were going to make millions of these it would cost a fifth of what it does now.

FPBP

My gaming laptop costs $1000.

The Pro Display would fuck your craptop up. Your craptop couldn't break the stand. Apple wins.

Young rich people are going to buy multiple stands just to trigger poorfags on the internet

thanks user I hadn't been called based today

Seems like a fair price to me. The design looks great and I'm sure professionals will appreciate the quality Apple guarantees with this stand.

>videos of someone dropping a bunch of stands from a building going viral

Thats what, $24 worth of aluminum?

GRAND
STAND

>some of us

Attached: B77FDE69-1EE1-49AE-8676-8CD35B268FDC.jpg (639x883, 64K)

why?

But you must buy it cause the monitor comes without a stand.

>all publicity is good publicity

Nah. I'll be interpreting this as a big 'fuck you', straight from Apple to their customers.

Thats the actual trick, 200 seems cheap against 1k

Nail some hooks to the ceiling and suspend it with a fishing line.

What makes that stand so high in price ?

Most people are retards. So yes. Even the poorfag retards will get loans to buy this piece of shit, just like they do with the iPhones.

How long until another company makes one like it for 10% of the price?

Brand. Take a wild guess what is it.

Ancient secret techniques in machining aluminum

based

Is that a fucking joke? If I did that with my monitor arm, it would shake like my granma

>held up by a single magnet
What could go wrong?

Apple.

Attached: 1310408064982.jpg (441x408, 11K)

hold on a fucking minute, you're joking right

It's an industry standard magnet, lowly consumers like you don't understand its subtleties that make it differ in functionality from ordinary gaming magnets.

[citation needed]

Accidents happen to everyone.

I just don't want one to happen next to $1,000+ worth of hardware.

Attached: man-spills-coffee-over-laptop.jpg (612x612, 45K)

Just get the Jow Forums approved one.

Attached: nalgene_bottle.jpg (488x488, 28K)

This is why I push the keyboard a good distance away when I'm drinking or having a snack, if I spill shit I just have to clean the table.

Then don't put your mug next to your Apple monitor stand

>Accidents happen to everyone retarded
ftfy

Nobody has ever got rich by buying $1k monitor stands.

>not painting them in a different color and reselling them for $1500 claiming it's a Pro variant

please visit your grandma

Or get something that keeps your drink cold. Pic related.

Attached: hydro-flask-stainless-steel-vacuum-insulated-water-bottle-24-oz-standard-mouth-flex-cap-black.jpg (804x1282, 76K)

>he likes to drink cold things
good luck with your pharyngitis

Can also keep your tea hot.

what about single malt whiskey?

You underestimate fanboys. This chunk of metal is gonna be on backorder for weeks.

yes

Or. . .. not be a spastic that spills coffee. I'm sorry about your Parkinsons.

it wont spill a drop on either your cargo shorts OR fedora

is that a fucking coffee pro stand?

shit I'm retarded, i thought the display part is sitting on the desk and the arm is just for the coffee

Attached: awdawda.jpg (289x253, 14K)

I should, she's really close to the other side.

It would be more realistic.

An iPhone cannot hold up a monitor.

At last I truly see.

Art can cost much more, 1k is nothing.

Whats wrong with vesa mount

one drop of water and the macbook is dead

You can't use vesa mount without their $200 adapter user. They used a propietery set-up to force people into adapters again. Just like dongles for macbooks now you need adapters for their monitors. They know how to rake in the cash and please their investors.

There's going to be more Chinese knockoffs on Ebay than the real thing.

People also complained about Firewire being fringe; but USB 3.0 (and thus HDV transfer-capable bandwidths) were not achieved for PC users until 5 years later. Nobody who buys a macbook would think twice about buying a few extra connectors to ensure the utmost quality on their PC-oriented displays. Things like this allowed Apple to rule the Indie Video Editing industry for 2 decades.

Also, all MacBooks have USB-C Hub capability; meaning that it costs $20 to have HDMI + 3 USB 3.0 connections, with just one source port. Less holes means less shit to clean out... How many times I have pulled out my ACER only to spend 10 minutes shaking dirt out of the 12 side ports directly attached to perimeter of Motherboard...

Attached: HHM72.jpg (2000x2000, 483K)

Cope. Even Pixar uses System76 now.

Why are people so mad about this the display itself is out of 100% of people’s price range already.

has anyone tested this thing to see if its capable of holding a monitor in place

Attached: close.png (1704x1256, 590K)

>100%
Ah so that's why people just don't understand, it's because it's targeted at 0% of potential buyers.

Studios and corps will buy them. The average 4chanposter will never own anything like this in their life unless they pick it up secondhand.

Its just metal.. Get an M6 Tap and you got a standard Vesa in less than 10min on this sucker.
Just ask /diy/ if you can't gasp how ;)

pretty sure this garbage was a staged deal with influencers
Apple is well aware of how to hide ridiculous prices from their keynotes
here, the shill negro "fixes" the issues, and casey shillstat even responds

Attached: file.png (869x328, 47K)

>just drill into your $5000 monitor
Genius.

>thin
>solid aluminum
Wonder if it's going to bend under the weight. A bendgate 2.0 with a $1000 would be the nail in the coffin for Apple Inc.

Currently at $1.75 per kg

It can if you reinforce it.

me:1
you:0

Not going to buy a $6000 monitor just to have it DIE 13 months later due to the fact that they used a ribbon cable that was too short or something utterly retarded like that because real EE and CS gets replaced with muh visual design.

do they mill that thing out of one giant block of Aluminum? They are probably that dumb.