youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT or home server usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: NVMeme load times.png (1818x657, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/JnYJhy
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KkfjdX
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/TbTqGG
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QnKdBb
pcpartpicker.com/list/LrKdBb
youtu.be/JVvHwq3syqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pcpartpicker.com/list/JnYJhy
Reposting this shit
Any feedback on this build?
Yeah I`m gonna wait for Ryzen 3 I just listed the 2700, gonna buy the 3800/x
As for the fans, I want a nearly silent build but keeping it cool and I dont need the rgb

My main use for this pc will be gaming the seasonal titles, gonna connect it to a uhd tv for singleplayer/ campaing oriented titles and for multiplayer gonna use the listed monitor
I would say that my max budget is 2400usd and I will re use my previous case (Air 540)

How far can I push the OC on 60hz monitors usually?
Does the type of panel matter?
Pushed my Acer H277HU to 75hz with zero problems and was wondering if more is possible.

Might want to consider a 2080 ti

Reposting cause last thread went KIA.
What up Jow Forums, it's the Jow Forumsizen from the last thread back here for more recommendations and confirmation of some stuff from my last post. I've compiled some of your suggestions into an Excel document.

To just respecify quickly,
WHAT I NEED:
CPU, GPU, MOTHERBOARD, RAM, STORAGE (I think I will do 4 slot motherboard, use SSD for OS, and HDD for storage), CASE/TOWER, POWER SUPPLY, Mechanical keyboard (do not have one of these)

WHAT I ALREADY GOT:
I have a Monitor setup, I have one monitor currently on an Amazon monitor desk stand mount (whatever the fuq u wanna call it) I plan on buying a new arm and adding two or one more monitor I have sitting at my works warehouse. I got all the HDMI cables and whatnot I could ever need. I also have plenty of headphones I won't need a new pair.

What I would like it to do:
-Process videos and video editing programs, I enjoy downhill biking and skiing in the winter. But I want to upgrade over my imovie projects i've done so far.

-light gaming capability, really just needs to be able to run league of legends or Warframe with little to no lag. I already own a PS4

-Photo rendering, photoshop etc.
-maybe light coding? I've dabled with java and html, I might pursue this in the future but not sure.

I WOULD LIKE THIS SETUP TO LAST ME 5+ YEARS. I AM 21 NOW SO THIS IS A LONGTERM BUILD

Things I would like to get but can be convinced otherwise:

CPU - I would like an i7 or better. I do not know a lot about CPU's ( I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CPU's U GUYS MENTIONED INTEL IS GARBAGE I WROTE i7 LIKE I WANT THIS LEVEL OF PROCESSING POWER, LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE BETTER PRODUCTS)

RAM - I'm thinking 16 gb, I want this to be heavy duty since I already own a fast loading laptop.

STORAGE - probably HDD since it is cheaper

POWER SUPPLY - I'll figure this out

CASE/TOWER - No idea here open to any recommendation.

How universal are cases?

Thanks for any help and recommendations Jow Forums, stay based.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.52.15 AM.png (1502x844, 201K)

already have a 2060 so no gpu in this list
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KkfjdX

primary use is games, im aiming for under £750, preferably closer to £700 so are these parts decent value for my budget? also plan to swap out the i5/z390 for a ryzen 3600(x?) and a x570 mobo when they're out, if the performance beats the i5 anyway

>pcpartpicker.com/list/JnYJhy
Seems fine except since you're massively GPU bottlenecked at that resolution it wouldn't make sense to get anything more than a 3600.
You should also get a better cooler. The Pure Rock is only like $5 more.
>Yeah I`m gonna wait for Ryzen 3 I just listed the 2700, gonna buy the 3800/x
use the cog button to do a custom part. that shit is confusing.

Is your video editing encoded on CPU or GPU? If CPU, the extra money for a 3900X is surely worth it.
Why are you pairing a 3700X with a 1660Ti? Again you'll be massively bottlenecked.
Is it that you plan to upgrade the GPU later and don't want to have to upgrade the CPU for 5+ years? Then I guess the 3700X choice is fine.
>storage
>HDD
holy shit are you serious

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/KkfjdX
>intel in 2019
>threadlet CPU at that
yikes what
Also at 1080p there are a few games where the 9600k bottlenecks the 2060. That CPU is just plain weak unless you only use old programs/games.

I already answered all your questions last thread but didn't notice your storage
gotta get a 500gb samsung ssd for your OS

Hello /pcbg/

after reading/ trying to comprehend nearly every post pcbg had, I have made my list.
I can't wait for 7/7. Have to order & get it running asap. Please call anything out if its wrong or something.
Using for Programming, CAD, Gaming, Music Producing kinda all over the place.
Price Range is 800+ altought every extra € hurts, but as long as as suggestion/outcome is reasonable I could comply.

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/TbTqGG

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X ( >pretty safe choice )

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 (> i know that Cooler Master Hyper 212 is beeing promoted here. Is Noctua overkill? Wouldn't it be a safer choice?)

mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (> no f clue, pre-last choice where everything fits)

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (>16GB should be enough while 3200 is best choice?)

Storage: TCSunBow - X3 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (>having enough external Storage @home, does it suffice to run everything on a 1TB SSD? without an extra internal HDD?)

GPU: PowerColor - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB Red Dragon Video Card (> considering money,is this the best choice for my case?)

Case : SHARKOON - TG5 ATX Mid Tower Case (>i guess? was last choice. dont really care about optics. Just compatibility and functionality)

PSU: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (>too much for my low build?)

WNA: Asus - PCE-AC55BT B1 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (>No way around. Took the first one with best reviews and mid price range)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I like it, a b450 might be better if you want to save some cash though
Also wtf is that brand of ssd

So, this give me 2 options, down grade the cpu to a 3600 and keep the 2080
Or keep the 3800 and upgrade to a 2080Ti or the equivalent on AMD side
fug

I don't think you need a 2080ti, 3800 & 2080 seems like a good balance to me especially if you OC the cpu

cpu cooler: NH-D15S is better for compatibility and slightly cheaper.
mobo: B450 Gmaing Pro Carbon AC for mobo, it's got the same VRM, better LAN and Audio and has built in wifi so you can drop the card.
PSU: Seasonic focus plus gold 650w is adequate and will save a few eurobucks.

Yeah I was busy differentiating between every other aspect, so i neglected the difference in the mobos. And I thought higher price & reviews = better? Really can't wrap my head around the reason for the big price difference while they seem all so smililar

The SSD is like a token SSD used by other builders on the site, where i probably would have(and will) chosen something more common.

lol from Uh.... I am retarded and I am serious. I've got a buddy that I will run this stuff through, suggestions for me are best since I will browse for parts and deals for the parts. I was gonna run these pieces through pc partpicker to make sure it works together.

My experience with computers has been a childhood of MAC's. I did not know computers could be upgraded with different parts until I was 16.

But the point is i'm full fledge retarded and I wanna use my tax refund to build a PC, lol.

If you can get mobo with better vrm & heatsink, do so

Attached: 7n48gewun0p21.png (1069x1833, 212K)

Awesome I will add it thank you very much.

yeah i'm planning to change the 9600k for a ryzen 3600/x, guessing that'll squeeze more out of my 2060?

basically if you don't know why you need an x470/570 then get a b450/550 you can wait for the 550 but i'm not sure when they're coming out

follow up from my post

OH, my big question though is everyone makes fun of Intel processors? I don't really get it. I specified i7 without knowing that specifically refers to intel CPU's. Is there a different company that makes a similar power processor that isn't intel?

yikes
long story short is that in the year of our lord 2019 AD, intlel is over priced and full of security flaws which when patched, fuck you over immensely
get a ryzen cpu (new ones come out 7/7) which will be cheaper, ON PAR OR BETTER with the most expensive intlels and newer architecture (7nm)

Is there likely to be any reason other than price to not choose the highest level of the new Ryzens for a gaming PC, or is it a straight upgrade from the model below it?
I suppose I should ask if that's the case for intel, or if it's just a case of the 9900k not being enough of a step up from the i7 9700k to justify its cost.
Bearing in mind I want something that can be reasonably overclocked under aircooling, not something that's a struggle to keep cool in factory settings.

>no title
I love it when brainlets make these threads

Attached: 1558550679840.jpg (645x671, 81K)

8gb cards aren't future proof

i9 9900k won't offer any advantage at all over i7 9700k in gaming

the 9900k is exactly the same in terms of clock speeds/speed in general as the 9700k, it just also has hyperthreading. The 9900ks, which has an unknown release date and price, will be a better binned 9900k but still top out at around 5ghz.

For Ryzen 3k, we don't know for sure which processor will be the best for gaming. It's very possible the 3800X is better than the 3900X, because the 3900X has two chiplets which may introduce latency. But again, we just don't know. Also you're gonna need an x570 mobo to get the most out of it and those ain't cheap.

we have ascended beyond pcbg

If you can't wait by a bare minimum APU like a 2200g and a good x470 mobo. You can get a Navi GPU and Zen 2 CPU after and just put them in after.

For gaming and general purpose use, you don't need the 8c16t chip. You'd be better off with the 3600X and a 2080Ti than you would 3800X and non Ti 2080 especially at the resolution your monitor you chose has. Either save more so you can squeeze a 3800X/2080Ti together in the same build, or start cutting corners

I've heard mutterings it's tough to manage the heat from the 9900k.

>It's very possible the 3800X is better than the 3900X, because the 3900X has two chiplets which may introduce latency.
Yes, thanks, this is the type of thing I was asking for. I just don't have any experience with AMD, let alone technical knowledge, to get a feel for what to expect.
And is there anything to know or expect about the x570 motherboards that a noob wouldn't be able to grasp?

Thanks for the mobo recommendation, makes sense and already saved me some bucks on the wifi adapter & mobo overall.

PSU: Also the 3% Platin->Gold efficiency should be small enough not to care about. Saved me also around 40€.

CPU Cooler: The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is 50€ cheeper and way smaller tho.

>I've heard mutterings it's tough to manage the heat from the 9900k.
Mostly memes, but you do need a beefy air cooler or aio for it.

>And is there anything to know or expect about the x570 motherboards that a noob wouldn't be able to grasp?
Not that I can immediately think of that's significantly different from other motherboards. You've got a month to familiarize yourself with it tho.

>The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is 50€ cheeper and way smaller
It's also way worse and barely better than the cooler that is included with your CPU.

Awesome thank you this is what I really wanted to know. This helps me out a lot. If any other anons are reading my comment threads. I'M STILL LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS. Want lots of products to check out when I get off work.

Thanks Jow Forums!

I get your point, but I might aswell get the best possible outcome right now and if I want to upgrade "in some years" I'll be happily to do so with even newer hardware.

Right now your suggestion would cost me initially about 200€ and the upgrade would be also (way?) pricier than the current state. And although the result in the end would give me a higher performance I think right now that I have to settle with less.

Oh well, I guess that was kinda what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

forgot to add:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/QnKdBb

Alltough I guess that the list is nearly finished - I'm gonna still read and respond to any other guy willing to add his two cents. good advice is always appreciated

Am I cucking myself playing mostly in 1440p on my 4k screen? I've never played on an actual 1440p screen before but it looks good to me, not as good as 4k obviously, but about what I'd expect the difference to be. Apparently it scaled badly on a 4k screen? But it looks way better than 1080p, so I assumed it was fin all this time.

You could also try playing in 4K and downscaling the resolution if the game supports it

3600+2080Ti would probably work well without bottlenecking at that really high resolution.
But I'd only get a 2080Ti if you can find it cheap. like ~$900. Shit's terrible value.

Also a 2080 isn't future proof. It only has 8GB of VRAM

>it has hyperthreading
not anymore it doesn't.

>I've heard mutterings it's tough to manage the heat from the 9900k.
Yes, it uses up to 250watt. Twice what its competitors use. It uses power like the FX-9570 did.

Monitor recommendations for 1440p 144hz? Seen alot of va and ips panels for 300-350USD (my price range) but are they actually any good or am I gonna get a mass of dead pixels within a week?

FUCKING SHIT
>Have short-circuiting issue with last Mobo
>Try out all sorts of troubleshooting
>The mobo is the only thing it could be
>Have to replace Mobo and could
>Everything turns on
>Blinks out after a second
>No arc flashes
>No idea why it's not working
Why, why does this shit keep happening, what could possibly be fucking wrong this time when I've replaced every goddamn component?! Is it the fucking RAM? THE GODDAMN CASE? WORK YOU PIECE OF SHIT

Attached: 1557582659250.jpg (367x401, 41K)

>Replace Mobo and CPU*
Fuck off autocorrect

Would that actually be better? I'm fairly new to pc gaming so I haven't tried upscaling anything yet.

Sorry, meant downscaling

>Also a 2080 isn't future proof. It only has 8GB of VRAM
Graphics cards aren't future proof ever, period.
"muh VRAM" is not an argument. You AMDumbos have been saying this since the release of the 8GB 390 and NEVER has VRAM made a card obsolete

>it has hyperthreading
>not anymore it doesn't.
Yes, it does, shithead.
>m-m-m-m-muh s-s-s-security flaws o lawd pls buy AMD

Fuck off dumb phonefrogposter

>Would that actually be better?
Not sure. If you're curious, it's worth a try

ID POST FROM MY GODDAMN PC IF ITD JUST WORK

Have you actually checked that all the case standoffs are installed correctly matching the screw holes on the mobo?

What's a standoff? But yes I installed it in the same screwholes I always do, the four corners and one in the middle-right.

Spoonfeed me on DDR4, what speed should i take? Is there a big diffirence between 2400mhz and 3000mhz?

>What's a standoff?
ughhhh m8
really
m8
fucking hell

Sirs, buy a Radeon VII, it has 16 GB VRAM, very good, will become better than 2080 Ti 11 GB in future.

Dude there's a bunch of names for a bunch of shit. Stop acting so standoffish

>standoffish
hah

Attached: IMG_0927b.jpg (800x600, 97K)

3200 minimum

bros is pic related good? my budget is 1000-1300

Attached: 11363D86-73F2-4C00-B711-D22A695CB5D4.jpg (1431x818, 175K)

Yeah, those seemed in place before I put the mobo in. I connected a bit more and still nothing. My friend suggested it might be an insufficient power supply but I have a 650 and the msi site said I'd need 500 max with everything attached

correction 1000-1300 usd

>seemed in place
>I connected a bit more
No, they should be 100% definitely in the right and only places they should be that align with the holes in the motherboard. Any extras will cause a hard short.

Will a RX Vega56 be able to push more than 140fps in medium to high settings?

needs strongerer ram, gold PSU that's 650+ (maybe more, I don't know how much power a vega needs) and for the love of Christ, can you brainlets stop buying x470 boards purely because they cost more and can you wait for b550 mobos to come out before you buy a b450

At 1080p? Yes.

I meant I connected a few more cables. I haven't touched the standoffs, but I'll compare the back to the holes and see if there are any extras where they don't belong.

actually does sound like your ram

>wait for b550
You realize that hasn't actually be confirmed to exist right? And the mobo makers have said they're putting X470 into extended production to fill the budget gap.

You do that, be thorough. Misplaced standoffs are one of the top causes of mobo shorting.
You missed his last posts yesterday where his gpu had caught fire. That's not RAM.

I just tested my RAM piece by piece in different slots and either they're both dead or neither are
Hey you remember, and yeah, shit refuses to stop fucking up. But I checked the standoffs and while they don't seem to be out of place (the holes and standoffs all align) there are a few standoffs slightly askew, like I can see inside them but they're clearly not 100% aligned.

fucking kek
Weird, I could have sworn they mentioned ryzen3 working on b450, x470, x570 and b550 recently but upon googling it i'm not finding much about them

>Graphics cards aren't future proof ever, period.
Wow nice history revisionism, pretending the radeon 9700/9800, 6600 GTX, and radeon 7970 didn't exist.
>security is optional
dumb shill

at 1080p? yes.

After the first or second complete system failure I had a decent kek at my own misfortune but at this point the joy is gone.

My build at home :-)
pcpartpicker.com/list/LrKdBb

Intel doesn't have multicore support worth a shit. Security flaws or not, after you use something that actually has multiple threads you'll never want to go back.

NOTHING FUCKING WORKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am getting my Vega56 tomorrow and I am really worried if my PSU will handle it fine.
I am currently running a r5 26000 oc'd to 4.2GHz along with 6 fans, 3 ssds and other shit.
PSU is about 650w. Can I really run the vega56 boost clock at 1512MHz or will it throttle down?

Just return everything you can and buy a prebuilt mate.

>about 650w
Well is it or isn't it?
I run 2600X and Vega 56 on my 550W fine but it's a top tier semi passive unit.

It is 620w.

Not him, but I need this goddamn thing to work. There's so much I can't return and I feel I'm so fucking close to getting it fixed but everything keeps fucking up for a myriad of unknown reasons.

Build it outside the case, on a table or your desk. Only put in CPU+Cooler, 1 ram stick, GPU, nothing else.

What is this supposed to accomplish?

I wish I could, too bad I only upgraded few parts

same

Has your everything also overheated, short-circuited, broke, and burned?

Rules out case related shorts. It's standard troubleshooting procedure.

I know the big giant ass air coolers are better than AiO coolers but what about smaller air coolers like the noctua nhu9s?
The massive air coolers wont fit in the tiny case I want to get so it's either the smaller noctua nhu9s or an AiO?

Attached: noctua_nh_u9s_4.jpg (3594x3264, 1.06M)

Jesus wept
you need to troubleshoot every single item as we've told you time and time again
remove everything from your case and do this

Ah, well how do I turn it on outside of the case? Never done this before.

just a question.

Upgrading from B350/R3 1200

Is the 2600 a better value versus a 3600?

Yes, currently dealing with my overheating ryzen 2700, after that have to deal with piece of shit only working with one ram stick. Even my usb bootloader didn't work.

You know the 2 pins where you plug in the power button on the mobo? You touch them with a screwdriver.

>As we've told you time and time again
The hell do you think Ive been doing, sitting with my thumb up my ass? Gonna try the out of case build and then yeah, I'll have tested everything you've said.

>meanwhile intel just works

Any hardware can fail, go shill elsewhere.

Kinky, trying it now

>"better value"
the 2600 is, and will always be a great cpu and even moreso when you factor in the discounts that it'll get (and has now) when ryzen3 drops but the 3600 will be far better no matter which way you slice it
btw did you fuck around with the bios at all? if you tried to OC it and fucked up by turning the voltage up too high you might just need to re-flash the bios using a usb and the bios flashback button on the back of your mobo

Pulling the battery out for a minute would have the same effect, no need to reflash just to reset defaults.

I can't get to the fucking bios. Getting it to turn on at all would be an improvement

No, 4K has enough UX benefits on its own. Using a 4K monitor and playing 2K games makes perfect sense.

any EUbros know where i can get a fullcover waterblock for my darling space heater of a msi r9 390 gaming 8g? it's a vanity project, it doesn't have to make sense.
ek and alphacool discontinued theirs and there's absolutely zero new parts available on shopping site crawlers like skinflint. i'm on page 10 of google results and i've found 3 sites that supposedly have the ek waterblock: a greek, a russian and a burger site. there's fuckall offerings on ebay and i'm totally not having a good time here.
nothing on the chink sites either for the msi pcb

Attached: ekfc-r9-390x-tf5_na_fit_800.jpg (800x533, 49K)

idk when I fucked up OC'ing the only thing that worked was a bios flashback
holy fuck you are fucking stupid
just try this if nothing else works
youtu.be/JVvHwq3syqI

You're assuming his board has that feature when most don't.