New firefox release notes

New firefox release notes. mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/67.0.1/releasenotes/
>With this update, Firefox will now guide our users through a path to Join Firefox which will allow you to maximize the benefits from our family of respectful tech products.
>firefox lockwise
>firefox monitor
>firefox send
They are really going the google account route. Everything in the browser is getting designed to integrate with their third party shit. They are fully competitor facing now instead of customer facing. All the forks are either outdated, poorly implemented, or the dev is a dick. Looking at you palemoon.
Thoughts?

Attached: serveimage.png (1233x1233, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html
github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver
kevinparnell.dev/eloper/i/1sRfsAYLLA.png
kevinparnell.dev/eloper/i/sCxWHLh6Iv.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IIRC, you can host your own Firefox Sync server and use that instead of Mozilla's.
If it's the same case with this, then I see nothing wrong with it.
>All the forks are either outdated, poorly implemented, or the dev is a dick
GNU IceCat is quite good.

>still following sjwzilla releases
shit is dead yo, nobody uses that botnet shit anymore.

Last time I looked at it, it seemed to have telemetry locked to true in about:config

>tries out GNU IceCat
>literally no websites will load

>>firefox lockwise
What is the point? Firefox already has a password store included and it already gets synced to your Firefox Account.

>password store
lmfao, imagine not using your brain as the only password manager

some Twitter mp4/gifs don't play properly (using Firefox, fresh install, portable)
but they work in Chromium

they're all good things though so i like it

Pocket, by contrast, isn't, so I disabled it

plus desu I would love a Mozilla botnet, I would switch from Google
>Mozilla Drive
>Mozilla Mail
>Mozilla Calendar

I just want something that displays a website. I don't want it to integrate with a companies services.

got a link to self-hosting a firefox sync server?

mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html
github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver

What's a good off brand Firefox clone Jow Forums? I need it.

>I don't want it to integrate with a companies services.
I see you've paid no attention to how the world has functioned for the last 15 years. Out of your safety bubble, sunshine.

>t. spineless cuck
kys, scum.

He's the well-adjusted adult in this situation. You killing yourself is much more likely.

>>t. spineless cuck
>kys, scum.
cringe

Have sex

>firefox botnet
>firefox botnet
>firefox botnet

based firecucks

>not using edge

Attached: 0C408076-BBE8-41D5-BA50-20237ABB0276.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

might have to switch, that looks smooth

Attached: firefox_ADEntvIqKQ.png (643x337, 44K)

because you can't install a decent Adblock

this is edge chromium you can use ublock origin

What do you like about Edge, over normal Chromium?

no google

>*damage control*
>t. nu-mozillian

>*damage control*
>t. nu-mozillian

Can we please fucking get a browser engine that isn't tied to Mozilla or Google? Icecat or chromium are not fucking valid alternatives. We are repeating the browser wars only this time Mozilla is just copying all the bad bullshit the competitor is doing, and Google is a mega-evil version of Microsoft that has actually succeeded in controlling the way consumers use the internet and actually succeeded in controlling web standards.

Attached: 1559343082143.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

Safari

Kill yourself discord tranny

where is that website with the userpref.js to make firefox less spyware, and they talk about other browsers too

REMINDER THAT FIREFOX IS STILL THE ONLY 100% OPEN SOURCE MAJOR BROWSER!
>REMINDER THAT FIREFOX IS STILL THE ONLY 100% OPEN SOURCE MAJOR BROWSER!
REMINDER THAT FIREFOX IS STILL THE ONLY 100% OPEN SOURCE MAJOR BROWSER!

EVERY OTHER MAJOR BROWSER IS FUCKING BOTNET!

>SJW!
SJW IS CANCER, BUT BOTNET IS WORSE!

BOTNET IS WORSE THAN SJW CANCER DONT LET THEM FOOL YOU!

>firefox is botnet
>dont use it
>use the real botnets instead
unironically kill yourself

Y'all should be using Edge Chromium kevinparnell.dev/eloper/i/1sRfsAYLLA.png

Attached: 1544091583624.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

Give the the liru chrismas fag

this kevinparnell.dev/eloper/i/sCxWHLh6Iv.png

For passwords used outside the browser, specifically app passwords
Based

Reminder that Firefox is proprietary and you aren't allowed to redistribute your own compiled version of it.

Truth hurts.

You are, you are just not allowed to call it Firefox.

why are all tripfags braindead

not if you’re gonna ask like that

lol just use Chrome.

Attached: cope.png (622x229, 22K)

>Retard tripfag moves goalposts and attempts to infect everyone with his stupidity

Please sr user,Could you be kind to prove me a link to download the ero-game know like liru-christmas?

Was there some other definition of proprietary?

lmao

Incase you haven't noticed all of tech is pretty much kill. WIndows is trash, mac os has become trash, major linux distros are becoming trash, web browsers are trash, the javascript powered web is trash etc. Honestly, I've decided to give up most of tech hobbies after main passion since i was in middle school has become trash too (hacking/infosec) and decided to take up astrophotography and camping. Tech was super fun for most of my life but I'm sick of it.

how about making a normal browser that doesnt sell your info

Don't give them attention, it just validates them.

what's the alternative?

botnet

NPCs will never stop using goolag even when it shits on them and nukes addblock

>Not using a piece of free software because you think "the dev is a dick."
I only came to this thread to laugh at you.

I hate software and most of the hardware industry ; don't get me started on web design and functionality. The fun is gone. Companies traded innovation and good ideas with marketing and money prospects. I don't care that my web browser was partially modified by a transgender powercunt, I just want a web browser that a) works well and is compatible with most websites b) doesn't sell or spy on my data and c) doesn't come loaded with third-party manure. If it's compatible with addons, I'm even more interested. Otherwise I just don't want it despite needing it. I can't find a single piece of software that works the way I think it's supposed to. Even Firefox makes me unbearably mad, and even more so since that incident with addons a few weeks ago. My last bastion of fun is assembling computers that make me angry the second I need to install software on it.

Attached: end it quickly.jpg (500x575, 53K)

What the fuck is wrong with Palemoon? I already asked this before, because I've had literally 0 issues with it in the 3-4 years I've been using it.

Attached: 7529034.png (400x400, 193K)

The dev restrict people from using the ad nauseum addon.

it's based on heavily outdated code and is actively falling behind as the web moves forward. the small number of devs can't keep up with modern requirements. it'll be fine for most things, but it's really bad for overall browser security and compatibility is only going to get worse as time goes on.

also it's already happened once that pale moon fell too far behind and had to refork firefox. it's basically just a lagged firefox that has to jump forwards every now and again to keep up, since the developers can't do it themselves.

Not for long. Microsoft's delisting it.

>firefox 203.0.1121

>ugh I cannot believe le eesjaydubu boogyxomen is in muh software + leddit told me so!!!

Attached: 1515263396716.jpg (2000x1078, 153K)

The devs.

Change your user-agent to Windows/Firefox. It fixed it for me.

source?

disable librejs and the other addons. I just use ublock origin and it’s a great experience. It also starts up instantly compared to normal firefox which takes a few seconds.

>falling behind
proof?

they permanently hard forked at ESR 52 though (there's nothing left in modern mozilla pajeet code worth salvaging)

Attached: 1542584332647.png (782x209, 22K)

*permanently for a second time

>it's really bad for overall browser security
I understand near to nothing about this, but what about security? Like, my passwords I enter on the internet? Or means for someone to use Pale Moon to invade and get data from my computer?
>and compatibility is only going to get worse as time goes on
There are some things that work better in Pale Moon than Firefox, like 4chanX and YouTube. Overall, as the dumb user, I don't feel anything wrong with it, on the contrary, it's the only browser that always does what I expect it to do AND have a nice and comprehensive UI. It's ultra comfy and runs on any potato.

jewzilla didn't get rid of XUL until after ESR 52
unless your argument is they should have stayed on firefox 28, which means you're retarded

Stop the genocide shekelberg

no you can't

what a bullshit argument, why do you think internet suites aren't a thing anymore?
people want Google services because they just werk, something Mozilla won't accomplish

best go look at the openbsd-wip issue on github
also
>actively discouraging users from effective ad-blocking
lmao
(further
>furry
)

>not even trying to respond to the actual points of OP
wow, is the tranny discord meme … like real?
Or are you part of gay Jow Forums psyop to make me hate the mentally ill? Can't decide.

Security vulnerabilities that get fixed in firefox (like remote code vulnerabilities and so on) need to also be applied to all of its various forks. In palemoon's case, it's not just a trivial merge from upstream since the codebase has diverged so much. Given the smaller team and overall age of the codebase, it's highly likely Pale Moon has lots of security vulnerabilities in it. To make matters worse, the browser uses its own forks of various libraries (nss, etc.) that might not necessarily keep up with any important security patches upstream makes. I really don't have any ill will towards Pale Moon and honestly it's one of the better firefox forks. But I personally consider it too much of a security risk to use as a daily browser.

so when are they going to make their own search engine?

>The new sync service uses Firefox Accounts for user authentication, which is a separate service and is not covered by this guide.

thx, but nope

Lynx
NetSurf

HWMonitor gang

Attached: Screenshot (147).png (1920x1080, 875K)

>he uses a handful of easy-to-remember passwords