What are the programing languajes to learn right now?

What are the programing languajes to learn right now?

Attached: programming-languages.png (949x652, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mnbNo
common-lisp.net/project/able/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>employable anywhere
Java
C#
PHP

>employable only in magical fairy land
node.js
react
angular
vue

everything

>For backend/Electronics
>C, C++, Java, Scala

>Frontend
>node.js/javascipt

are you delusional? genuine question

>react
>angular
>vue

Que?
SPA's are used everywhere right now.

Is this your first day on this board? Nobody here is old enough to be employed or even knows anything about technology. We just copy and paste shitposts in a desperate attempt to fit in.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a few more crying Wojaks to post on /v/.

lisp is the most powerful programming language

1 frontend, 1 backend, 1 database, 1 scripting, 1 functional

For me? javascript, C#, SQL, python n bash, hoping to learn Haskell when I improve my IQ

Haha!
I have a job and work in C# and Vue!

Awk

Literally me
Patrician taste

Choke on dick faggot, you lobotomized parrots can't even make a text editor.
archive.is/mnbNo

Attached: 1543577648422.jpg (372x392, 42K)

Forget meme languages. JavaScript for everything.

Based boomer

Anything that's been oriented around making phone apps or web apps.

JavaScript is AIDS

Learn C and Java and everything else will come easy as fuck

Backend: C# and Java
Embedded: C
GameDev: C++
Front-End: PHP and JS
Data: Python

Rust

>c#

Attached: 1532462030915.jpg (600x900, 150K)

I am a C# "Senior Developer".
I get multiple recruiter contacts every day.

There's ton of legacy bullshit C# out there, and it has a promising future because of .Net Core. If you don't care about hipster sillicon valley stuff, its a pretty solid bet.

it's the equivalent of filipino race of humankind

>frontend
>PHP

If you want to do something useful
C
SQL
IEC 61131-3 Ladder

>backend
>not python
wew lawd

dumb anime poster
common-lisp.net/project/able/

Cool abandonware bro also cool sources. Lisptards can't even filter out common hidden files from their shit. Now post webm of you actually running it.

I see a lot of Java and PHP jobs out there

stallman forgive them

>JavaScript
>Java
>C#
>PHP
Those are foolproof. They are used currently they aren' going anywhere.
That being said, Kotlin and sometimes Scala are seen as a replacement for Java.
C is not *usually* a language that gets you employed.
C++ is, but I doubt you'll have a good time finding job requiring it with no prior experience in the field.
Go has some potential. If you're an optimization autist you should probably check it out.
Swift if you want to make iOS/macOS shit - stay avay from Objective-C.

Run it yourself, pleb. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially given some arbitrary measure as "making a text editor", given that a literal OS written in Lisp exists.

Just starting to learn C++ but reconsidering. Rather than write a blogpost I've made a diagram which sums up my situation and plans. Something about the promised level of control and portability really draws me toward C++, but I wonder if the benefit of going on the purple route, and learning what I really want first, is outweighed by the long-term time saved on the pink route. Or maybe (probably) I'm wrong about the difficulties moving between each language. Thoughts?

Attached: Skill Tree.png (598x357, 10K)

you're so fucking retarded
just learn whatever language you want to use
it's not a fucking RPG skill tree

Node and react are very employable right now. Javascript would be the language, to answer OP's question

Dude i literally got a job with nodejs and react lol.
I like to work with java and go but the money is too sweet to skip tho...

I know it's not, but i think it's the most intuitive way of describing time lost/saved when learning related languages, and that's what I'm concerned about.

What the fuck is that? Inb4 your code is just as spaghetti as that image.

this ones a little too on the nose, a little more work and it could be a great shit post though

When you actually sit down and think about it you end-up with an answer which is C, If you don't know C you are not a programmer, you are a pussy who is in a constant need of the garbage collector ass licking. Without C it will be really hard to understand the concepts of what a programming actually is, instead of typing out memorized keywords you should feel the fucking thing, you should already know what will it do, instead of thinking about what the fuck will '0' == [] return you can just write code which you are 100% sure that it will work. you can try rust as well, instead of the GC ass licking you get to suck off the ownership principles and get fucking blacked by the cargo package manager.

after you are somewhat familiar with C you can move onto other languages which make you look like a cum sock but, it is okay as long as it makes money.

I know R and Python and bits of other languages. I Want to learn C++, and pobably also C# and Java. While I really like the idea of C++ and have been learning about that, I wonder if it's better to go for C# first for the longterm benefit. The diagram explains my current reasoning. I'm hoping someone will offer an opinion on the strategy, or mention something wrong with my assumed relationships between the languages, and in doing so make my decisions easier.

You just pick whatever language you want to use for whatever task you want to achieve
and then you learn the language
what the fuck are you doing?

>senior developer

There's a saying at FAANG about non FAANG (we'll use Google tiers)

>non-FAANG senior is an L3 (entry level)
>non-FAANG staffy is an L4 (mid level)
>non-FAANG CTO is an L5 (senior), maybe

I don't know that much about programming.
Next year I'll have a class on C language. Is it employable nowadays? Please, dont meme me. Thank you anons.

Honestly, spending over a week fucking around with reference/deference and figuring out how to define operators for classes, and feeling like I'm getting nowhere... but I really want to get C++

Depends on with what you will go, mostly it's C++ which is employable, but you must be really good at it or else you're denied.

Nobody wants someone who is shit at 5 languages they want someone who is good at 1

Thank you. One more question, if you will. I've been told to start learning python, and as much as I enjoy it, almost every job opening in my area asks for javascript/json/node/angular. Is it worth switching over? I really don't mind that much about the kind of job, I just need to get into the IT market asap.

That is the problem in today's IT, JavaScript is everywhere and in everything. You can learn it and get a job which pays you as much as you like, but will you enjoy writing JavaScript ?

I honestly don't know. I would like to orientate myself in the future to a data analysis/AI/Business Intelligence profile, but given my current geolocation I don't think I'll be able to succeed in those fields in the upcoming years.
Isn't javascript enjoyable to code with?

>frontend
>node.js
lmao

lmao I use C# and Vue every day at work.
some of our older stuff is on React or Angular.
I haven't even seen any job postings that want PHP

Not really

Thanks

It doesn't mean that you shouldn't try it. I've done some react and I giggled like a little girl because it was really easy for me, you should try it as well.

I love C too but this sort of fanaticism is for muslims and retards.

I have the following goals this summer:
>learn more Python
>learn more C
>learn JavaScript
>learn C#

Will I do good bois? What should I buy as reading material for C#?

I'm reading John Skeet's C# in depth, good once you have a general grasp of the language

You have a generally correct idea.
I would strongly advise against starting from C++. It's a powerful language but very few people are capable of learning it without prior experience in programming while still staying motivated.
Starting with C is also a bad idea, I think, but for a different reason - it breeds "this language doesn't even have manual memory management" programmers who have shit for experience and struggle to comprehend that saving nanoseconds usually isn't worth wasting weeks.
Learning at least C and possibly C++ is highly advisable when you got some actual experience in a more task-oriented language, preferably in a team.

C# is a great place to start as it not only makes you easily employable (the whole .NET thing and Unity), it helps you learn a lot about actual OOP. Not to mention, MS provides you with a shitload of free learning opportunities starting from their blogs and ending with a free Pluralsight subscription you can get off their VSTS' Dev Essentials.
You also get a basic introduction to C-like syntax and a decent amount of things you can learn for C# are also applicable to Java.

if you can't pick up a new language in a weekend you're a brainlet.

C++, C#, Python, and Javascript
Arguably Java for the short term, but so many companies are desperately trying to get rid of it (which will take ages)

C# was my first(recommended by a friend) and I really like it. I know shit as I haven't even started school yet but you can use .NET for such a wide variety of things.

61131-3 Structured Text, not ladder

Here's a roadmap for you, if you want to be an actual programmer and not a shitty websupporting peasant like everyone ITT with their JS and sheeet:

C & Python -> C++ -> Java/C# -> SQL -> Some frameworks you are interested in.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll give C++ another week, and if shit doesn't begin to make a lot more sense by then I'm switching fully to C#. I don't wanna be bound to .NET and Windows but goddamn C# documentation is so much more straightforward and centralized.

I like writing ST better but LD saves you from getting as many support calls. There are plenty of maintenance teams with people who can read ladder logic.

C+#.py

>languajes
English

auto-hired: C++,Java,C#,python,SQL,SAP bullshit
employable: Scala,Go,ruby,C,php

Swift for iOS game development. It's hard to admit, be gentle...

yea i wasn't bragging, its a bullshit title.

but it gives me career options so i dont care

Python

Attached: howthefuck.png (904x513, 311K)

This

No wonder this shit takes forever to start and save even on an SSD.

>Run it yourself, pleb
It doesn't run, it's abandonware.

>I don't need to prove anything to you
Not to me but to everyone to prove that lisp is sooooo gooooodd. Cock goblin ass sucker lisping lisp fag.

Attached: 7aeba234eb21a45c2f034a946217a365b5281680098ff4ac75b41d7901ceda3e.jpg (540x528, 36K)