/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>i5 8400F/9600K - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing
>i9 7980XE

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>Always avoid AMD if gaming
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 05ecb2e5b91941e7c06b5e848bd483e5.jpg (900x506, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ksvCNQ
newegg.com/zotac-geforce-gtx-980-gtx-980-4gb/p/1FT-000M-001P8?Description=gtx 980&cm_re=gtx_980-_-9SIADFR97P2244-_-Product
houston.craigslist.org/sys/d/houston-dell-core-i7-computer-8gb-ram/6891805801.html
amazon.com/Hitachi-HUA723030ALA640-UltraStar-7K3000-7200RPM/dp/B005QTSDDQ/
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kVZPP3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kys retard.

Attached: GB-Intel-sale-1620x800.jpg (1620x800, 177K)

We already have a thread.

MSI Optix MAG241C
AOC C24G1
MSI Optix G24C
Samsung C24FG73FQI
Samsung C24RG50FQI

Which one, Jow Forums? Those are the 1080@144 VA monitors with FreeSync in my price range.
Gonna use it with RTX2060.

How bad is performance when you enable ALL 30+ security mitigations? I heard SSD performance gets literally axed in half from spectre and meltdown alone.

Attached: ZomboDroid 25052019124531.jpg (1280x5760, 942K)

who are you talking to? op is shilling intel, we already know. just let this thread die

Attached: 1502737044765.png (882x624, 39K)

Is this a good build for $800-1000 range?
pcpartpicker.com/list/ksvCNQ
What monitor would pair well?

Based

Has anyone done CPU game benchmarking with multitasking? I'm curious if the lack of threads affect Intel.

>Intel anything
>Based on pricing
Somehow the other ops just weren't as delusional

see

anyone heard any rumor of nvidia abandoning rtx for their next gen GPUs?

Would this be a good combination for a budget gaymer pc? i just want to play minecraft and roblox on full settings.

newegg.com/zotac-geforce-gtx-980-gtx-980-4gb/p/1FT-000M-001P8?Description=gtx 980&cm_re=gtx_980-_-9SIADFR97P2244-_-Product

houston.craigslist.org/sys/d/houston-dell-core-i7-computer-8gb-ram/6891805801.html

fuck yeah, as long as the power supply can handle that 980 then that would be perfect. give it a shot

the gpu link wont load
tbqh it might be, but really depends on the age of the PSU, if the case can take the GPU and maybe storages.

you might not be able to because the PSU shouldnt have the connections for the 980

What's the best way to pirate Windows 10?

from microfost website
the activate windows message and lack of customization is all you will have of bad

then consider getting a w10 oem key from scdkey

download legit windows 10 from Microsoft themselves.
>Install an entirely separate drive from your personal data.
>Fully update.
>Make a backup of this blank, no program having fully updated Windows.
>Every 29 days wipe your Windows holding drive and restore from backup.
>Rinse and repeat every 29 days until you get a key from somewhere.

You could always get a key for like $30 as well from somewhere like Kinguin. As far as pure piracy, I'm unsure of what cracks are considered safe these days.

So I'm guessing a new psu as well? Thanks for the replies, but someone on /sqt/ says that it's too much for a sandy bridge

naw it isnt but sure looks like it
a 980 has about the same power that a 1070ti but some slightly worse timing, a old i7 depending on how old might be a DDR3 i5 for today standards. it will work, just note your upgradeability is close to none.

that GPU in fact might be too much for a 1080p120 monitor, and could feed a 1440p monitor realtively well

>980 feed a 1440p monitor rather well
Eh. From someone who upgraded from a 980Ti, it's not going to perform too well unless you're on low settings. My top binned/clocked 980Ti was struggling to give me sustained 45fps in some titles on a mix of medium/low settings.

Okay thanks, I guess I'll stick with my asus g750js

Lpx, aegis, ballistix or XPG? All in 3000mhz

install linux and use windows only as gpu passtrough virtual machine

probably wont happen considering they make so much money off gaymen RTX

For emulation on RPCS3, which is better, 2700x, or 8700k?

Anyone got experience with Hitachi Ultrastar 7k3000 drives?

The reviews on Amazon say it's total shit, but Hitachi is supposed to be great.

amazon.com/Hitachi-HUA723030ALA640-UltraStar-7K3000-7200RPM/dp/B005QTSDDQ/

will this catch on fire if i try to use it with a gpu

Attached: ED4AF15D-EE7F-4CC1-96BF-D4723279A200.jpg (1073x1908, 627K)

It would be very painful

For CPU

Literally Intel ® Cope ™

no for my bum

Pretty garbage CPU section; this one is better

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

who makes white and black mobos? I know asrock does, but who else?
i've got a theme going here

how far (roughly) would i able to push a 3000mhz cl14 kit (32 gig) on ryzen

MSI. Bazooka and tomahawk
Just go to big sites and look at all their board offerings. They all pretty much got a black and white board.

>Intel safe space general

depends almost entirely on the quality of the memory you have.

So, the only Intel chip right now not affected by the exploits is the 9700k? And that's because it doesn't have HT?

Every intel chip is affected, the question is by how much. Chips without SMT are less affected, but affected nonetheless

Torrent it, dw it from ms page and sell all your info atleast when you pirate it goes to anarchist cracker ,dump fucks zero iq ,this forum is full of fucking spammers not shills SPAMMERS dipshits

This is the most retarded shit I've ever read.
Just download removewat or kmspico.
Haven't had my credit card info stolen yet and I've been at those game for 10 years anyone saying russian hackers blah blah is a MS shill or has no understanding of the Russians noble art of piracy and sticking it to the capitalist pigs industry that is software/tech

Attached: rpcs3.png (1074x747, 67K)

What PSU wattage would you recommend for a RTX 2080 To and i7 8700k?
Is there any specific PSU you like?

600W is more than enough. Search up psu tier list on jewgle.

Bit annoying having to delay my build by more than a month waiting for Ryzen.

what's the best blu-ray player if I just want to watch blu-rays and regular dvds? I don't intend to burn them or anything. Reviews on the cheapest LG one say it'll shit itself in a year or so.

>already have reasonable B350
>want to downsize
>been eyeing off an MSI B450i mobo
Do I do it?
Would probably get a 3600, since I'm on a Ryzen 1300X. Don't have any intention to overclock, so boost clocks are fine by me.

>Bit annoying having to delay my build by more than a month waiting for Ryzen.
better than buying a rig you'll regret in one month.
this is "/pcbg/" not /chinkshit/
>>want to downsize
what retarded shit is this?

I don't know, I just want a smaller computer than I already have, I guess. Nothing I do warrants having a fuck huge tower (Enthoo Prime I got for about $80 CAD), and having a smaller system would be neat for storage/moving purposes. Could fit more shit on/around my desk.
I'm trying to justify it, since it'd probably mean getting a shorter GPU, and with my reference RX 480 being a warmer card, it's a little off-putting.

>nd having a smaller system would be neat for storage/moving purposes
Why are you moving alot?
Your sacrificing cool temperatures for small form factor. Also small form factor tends to cost more.
>I'm trying to justify it, since it'd probably mean getting a shorter GPU, and with my reference RX 480 being a warmer card, it's a little off-putting.
exactly. SFF is for homo's. Please don't be one.

>not /chinkshit/
I laughed. I actually have the /sqt/ open too. Thought I had posted this in there. My bad, chief. Won't happen again.

In regards to moving, over the next 18 months or so, I'll be moving houses 3 times at least.
As for cooling, it's part of the reason I mentioned going down to a 3600 without any intention to overclock.
It would also be an opportunity, assuming RX 5000 series comes out anytime soon as well, to get a more efficient GPU, assuming something more efficient also performs similarly/better to the RX480, which shouldn't be too hard.

Located in Canada so prices are high and have a 1080p 60Hz monitor with a GT 620 in a shitty ASUS pre-built so the GPU needs to be under 75w. Between the Rx 560 1024, GTX 1050 Ti and GTX 1650 which is the best buy? Pic related for prices.

Attached: 75wgpu.png (847x893, 129K)

PSUs can't be that expensive, if they're your limiting factor for GPU?

1650 but double confirm the card you pick doesn't have an external power connector, check reviews.
It's probably some shitty proprietary thing that can't just be replaced with a standard PSU.

1050ti if you are price conscious. 1650 if 1050ti is too slow.

If you don't know you should checks.

>GT 620 in a shitty ASUS pre-built
I could upgrade the PSU but I'd rather not spend more money than I need to, CPU is a i5 3550 with 2x4gb ram.
I'll check in a bit.

Of the GPUs you listed, 1650 is the best. I wouldn't bother with the other two. Do look up the prices for higher grade GPUs in case you find your case can handle the PSU and you find a bargain.

I'm building a PC for music production with mostly simple recorded tracks with minimum usage of VSTs so nothing to fancy needed.
I ordered a GPU for it for around 48$ and now I am having second thoughts after watching a video on how integrated graphics card might do me fine.
Specs are similar but I thought it would just be a little tad better.
Could a kind user please advise me on that?
Thanks.

Yellow outlined one is the GPU specs and red one is the motherboard.

Attached: pixlr_20190606093156706.jpg (5102x4898, 2.82M)

This is my current setup but I was wondering if there is anything to upgrade at all? CPU is not at 80°C, it's just speccy being retarded for some reason

Attached: 2019-06-06 02_32_19-Speccy.jpg (455x360, 83K)

Its going to be:
Asus Ryzen 3 2200G
16 gb ram (8x2)
120 ssd for booting up and music software (Adobe Audition, FL studio, ProTools and Ableton)
1tb hdd for storage.
(Planning on getting another 1 or 2 tb down the line.)
External soundcard that I already own.

For the reference, I've worked on music on an old 150$ Asus laptop with barely 2GHz processing power I think core 2 duo or something, 6GB ram etc and I've been doing fine. Just wondering if the GPU is worth buying in this new build. Any help with a reason why would be greatly appreciated.

Fanny Fannoli maybe?
I dropped temp on my old desktop using thermal paste and cleaning/lubing the fans.

Will Ryzen 3600 be the best CPU to pair with my GTX 1060 6GB to avoid bottlenecks?

Attached: 5338.jpg (569x428, 25K)

What kind of mobo is a lubin? ATX? Mini ATX?
I am a noob and I have to replace my mobo that I damaged with compressed air (most likely the processor too). I want to know the right one to replace the lubin motherboard with.

Daily reminder

Attached: price over time.jpg (1621x853, 310K)

No, the temp is fine, even when under high settings it doesn't go above 65. I was wondering if there is a part to upgrade like the graphics card or CPU, ect

Why does this matter?
>3.5 hours every day
lol

Some game much more than that. Some less. Depending on that your costs go either up or down.
The average is there just to illustrate the point.

>my RX 580 costs me ~$48 a year according to that formula
Fuck my electricity cost.

and thats how they get you
low downpayment, but a higher price in the long run.
It's why loans are so popular.

It also assumes 100% GPU load at all times which is dumb. You could play wow 16 hours a day and not even get close to those numbers.

no it assumes gaming load. and not idle or watch youtube videos.
Also don't know about you, but my gpu is 99% utlized when I am gaming pretty much all the time.

Thank fuck I don't pay much for electricity.
Hopefully Navi offers anything reasonable, might upgrade to a discounted RTX 2070 or whatever the AyyMD equivalent is.
R9 295X2 is what I currently have desu.

Attached: Capture.png (578x72, 5K)

>R9 295X2 is what I currently have desu.
You poor fucking soul

>R9 295X2
How do you even play games with that? I sold mine a few years ago because every single game micro stuttered.

With a rough idea of the capabilities of both, I would say the 3600 will be plenty for the 1060. Have you overclocked the 1060?

My justification is that it was discounted when I bought it. It would've costed me more to buy 2 plain 290's at the time, if that's any reference.
After a while I slapped a water block on it, and have a custom loop dedicated to the GPUs, and since I have them both overclocked a tad, it's definitely over that almost $52 mark.
The energy savings on that RTX 2070 look mighty tempting, which is partially why I've been waiting for Navi, whether Navi itself is good, or Nvidia drops prices. Just gotta wait and see!
In games that don't support Xfire, or have shit scaling, a single GPU is plenty fine.

I do still have the stock cooler though, so if I were to dump it on Ebay, I could likely sell it to some YouTuber doing a retro look back whatever the fuck video for more than it's probably worth.

Any fan experts around here?
My new case (fractal design r6 define) came with 2 front fans and 1 rear fan pre-installed, yet my rig does get quite hot, especially now in the summer it's basically radiating heat the entire time. System temps themselves are still fine though.
My question is if it would make sense to swap out the stock fans with third party solutions (noctua)?
If I'm not mistaken I should be able to mound a total of 3 120mm fans in the front, 1x 140mm in the rear and 2 additional 120mm in top (currently empty slots).
Would that help with dissipating the heat quicker?

A 1060 won't even get bottlenecked by most Ryzen 2000's.

If I had that case I'd put 2x NF P14s redux-1500 in the front, 1 in the bottom and 1 at the back.

You should keep in mind that case really isn't designed for good thermal though.

The bottom fan would be blowing upwards? Yeah, I guess the good noise isolation comes at the cost of thermals.

Yes, and exactly, it's designed to be quiet above all else.
I'd also remove all the HDD trays and the panel covering them since I don't use 3.5" HDDs.

I actually already did that as well since I run 2 nvmes and [spoiler]a SATA SSD hanging loosely[/spoiler]
Thanks user, I'll get those fans then and try that configuration.

I'm not able to answer your question but I'll second you in asking for an opinion because I'm looking into whether I should bother with fractal design's XL R2 since I have a large (328mm) graphics card and don't know if the R6 is big enough to hold it. What's your graphics card by the way, for the sake of heat and size? Do you live in a hot climate?

What's a good case for thermals that's also quiet? Or is soundproofing a meme?
If so, please rec a case for keeping the components so quiet they don't need to make much noise. (I live in a cool climate)

You're always going to be making a compromise, good thermal cases like the Meshify C are pretty much wide open and you will hear everything. Middle ground cases like NZXT H500 are decent in cooler climates, mostly closed so not much noise leakage but not laden with thick steel panels and dampening foam like Fractal Define R*.

R6 owner here. I run a 2080 Ti with a long as fuck heat sink (I think it's 34cm) total and it fits perfectly fine. The front area where the HDD's would go is open from the inside so you can slide the GPU right underneath.
So space is not an issue with that case.

Oh and I don't live in a hot climate (Germany). But the summers here can reach 35°C easily and I live in a roof apartment with sun shining on it during all daylight hours. So that's why it gets so warm here.

can I run my pc with only one stick of ddr4 8gb ram? PC isn't booting with both attached

Well does it run or not? Why are you asking us?

will there be problems if I do
iambrainlet

You can, but it won't be great for gaming. Have you tried different slot configurations? Do you have 4 slots? Also go into your BIOS and see if something is fucky.

It's not ideal. Figure out what the problem is.

Only have two slots, pc only boots with one stick of ram on the second slot, no matter which stick I use. Tried with xmp on and off, tried cleaning the slot and tried every combination of sticks in slots

If it never works with only 1 stick in the first slot, the board is obviously faulty and needs to be replaced.

Am i doing good with this ?
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kVZPP3
I Will buy a b550 and a 3800x with that (Or 3900x). Currently have a gtx 970 To play 1080p 60fps, Will upgrade To 1440p 144hz next year.

What do you guys think ?

yeah, and I can't be arsed to go RMA it yet

Enjoy your crippled system then I guess?