What's your excuse for not using it?

What's your excuse for not using it?

Attached: The best shell.png (256x256, 8K)

There's Linux

I use it at work for some simple stuff I must do on Windows (configuring network interfaces, ssh/telnet and scp). It's not bash but it's ok, it's easy enough to use, and most of all it's not fucking cmd.

I live in 2019 and don't need to larp about it being 1979.

I don't install malware on my computer
Windows belongs to vm only

because i like smoking ganja all day

What app is that?

Not an argument

i've been using it since day 1 and i'm nearly done typing out my first command
send help

Whats the benefit? I use cygwin at work because we have to use Windows but I might give it a try.

honestly this. Now with them supporting linux commands to. What are the benefits of this compared to zsh or bash?

anons, all think benefit. white, clearr is there.

I value my time.

I don't know what you're referring to and nor do 99% of Jow Forums.

Now fuck off.

i'm a freetard who never touches anything microsoft and i know that is powershell. get with the times.

>anons, all think benefit. white, clearr is there.
???? speak clearly nigga

Your not my real dad so you can't tell me what to do.

And stop fingering my sister or I'll tell mom.

I do use it. Its great for devops and integrates well with .NET. I wouldnt use it if I didnt need Windows though. Unfortunately my job involves using proprietary software that isnt fully Linux compatible.

You know what's an argument? You mom. I pretty much debunked her last night if you know what I mean

>nigga
You mean nigger.

It is shit.

Good idea, terrible implementation. Literally died waiting till it iterates over a folder with 70k files.

CMD is shit but gets the job done

I already typed in the commands to remove the bloatware that comes with windows. After that it barely has a purpose

>You mean nigger.
who cares, but I still care about the benefits or where I can read about the pro and contra about this.

COMMAND.COM

It is more integrated with Windows and you are able to directly make use of. Net

grindr

Is there any use as an office drone and not a "sysadmin?"

It's a scripting language, which makes it shit.
t. C# developer.

Today I wrote hello world in java and tried executing it from PS. Worked in CMD. I thought PS was supposed to be a POWAHSHELL?

I use it for stuff that I know my coworkers (who may or may not have cygwin) will need to use. Since PowerShell is in every recent Windows release, I know I can hand out ps1 scripts and they'll work on everyone's machines.

It is the least comfy shell ever dreamt, but I do use it often at work. It really does make many things easier in windows environment. Similar functionality in python needs pywin32, wmi, pypsexec, bunch of other modules and becomes hacky af. Powershell sucks but it does the job best.

Not always, depends on what Windows features are installed. If they remove what they think might not be necessary like the Internet Information Services (in the " turn windows features on and off" tab in add/remove software) then modules like "webAdministration", for example, might be inaccessible. It is not inherently integrated or obvious what to do. It is a cumbersome technology.

not an argument

Because it sucks compared to cmder.

>only use microsoft edge to install chrome
>only use powershell to open bash